Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #76
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
found another cool FE gift.

Very creative, this is one of my favorite FE gifts from the trip.
This was from my DSIL (not on the boards), I will let her know it was a favorite, she will be thrilled !

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #77
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Steal away...but you have to take pictures and write a trip report. I insist.
I already started a pre-trip report that will be a full trip report once the honeymoon occurs, of course
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40095783

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012
ALMPeters11-11-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #78
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Remy

We had a six pm dinner time for Remy's.

Before dinner, we decided to kill time by playing Bingo. On our last cruise, on the Wonder, we loved Bingo and played it everyday. This time we weren't as impressed. First off Bingo was in a theater instead of the club. No table to put your stuff on and no waiters to bring you alcohol...boring .

And the hostess just didn't have the same personality as the Jen from the Wonder. This was the only time we played Bingo...even though the jackpots were bigger on the Dream. The odds of us winning anything were not in our favor (cause we never win chance games...we are unlucky like that) so without a great hostess I had no desire to sit through a half hour of Bingo.

We went up to Remy's and were seated right away at a table with a great view.

I tried finding a menu on line to get the exact names of what we ordered but I didn't see a menu and I am too tired to dig deeper at the moment. All I can say the food was excellent. Seriously it was awesome and our server was cool to...maybe a little hard to understand with his French accent...but awesome none the less.

We totally enjoyed Remy's but would we do it again...no. Why do I say this...because we tried the Palo brunch the next day and absolutely loved it. Perhaps we are just French fooded out because we really loved the Palo selection and remember the food more then we do the Remy food.

The only way we would eat at Remy's again is if they changed the menu...and hopefully they will change it from year to year. We have at ate Victoria and Albert's twice and both times the menu was different.

But I still highly recommend Remy's to anyone who loves French food. It is well worth the surcharge.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #79
missj1975
DIS Veteran

After Remy's, we headed back to the room to change. We then headed to the pirate festivities.

The navigator promoted some pirate game show. We missed the adult version so we checked out the family version.

With out this little drink of fruity goodness...the show would have been pretty boring. Because without the drink I would have never been brave enough to participate. Not that I am totally shy but the audience was a bit intimidating...intimidating because no one looked like they wanted to be there. Yeah seriously this audience was lame..either they were in a food coma or they had no idea they were on a Disney cruise ship and that they were suppose to have fun. Anywho, I got up and helped a few kids play the games because their parents were oblivious to the fact that 2 cast members weren't nearly enough people to help 20 kids play pirate games. Yeah I have my nice moments, just don't tell my boss because once the word gets out that I can be nice, he will be expecting it all the time and being nice to my co-workers is pushing the limit.

After the game show, we stalked Tinkerbell.

And then we watched the pirate shows on deck plus the fireworks.

The show featuring Jack Sparrow was nice but we actually liked the Pirate festivities on the Wonder better then the festivities on the Dream. Plus the Dream didn't even advertise that the pirate buffet was at Cabanas. Since no buffet was listed in the navigator, I just assumed they did away with the Pirate Buffet. Silly me, you know what they say about assuming, blah blah blah. Anywho, we cut through cabanas to get to our room, thank goodness cause look what we found.

Tacos always make me feel better so I no longer had a desire to go back to the room. Instead we decided to watch the showing of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans chest...at 11:30 at night...did I mention it was cold that night...yep freezing but us being from St. Louis and leaving 10 inches of snow we had our winter coats with us. Apparently we were the only one with coats...or just the only ones not too tired enough to go back to our room to get them. Because we saw lots of freezing guests raiding the towel cabinets and trying to stay warm by huddling under a dozen white towels. I should have taken pictures. It was actually quite funny.

Anywho, the movie started with dozens of guest huddled on lounge chairs watching the big outdoor screen. And then slowly all the people disappeared. If I wasn't so engrossed in Jack Sparrow, I might have become concerned because one minute we are surrounded by people and the next minute we have the entire deck & pool area to ourselves. It was kind of spooky.

Ok I have seen Dead Man's chest at least a dozen times but there is just something about watching a movie on a cruise ship deck in the middle of the ocean that made the movie 100 times better. Especially towards the end when it was like our own private showing. Watching that movie on deck is one of our favorite experiences of the cruise. My husband still goes on about it. As a matter of fact, the other day he started asking questions about the plot line...davy jones..etc...and how this didn't make sense and that didn't make sense and I was like...honey...it was just a movie...a fiction movie...quit trying to dissect it and just write to Disney if you didn't like the plot holes. My husband is too serious sometimes.

When we got back to the room we had a nice thank you card and box of chocolates waiting for us from Remy's. Sorry I have no pictures of the chocolates because DH ate half the box in the middle of the night before I had a chance to take a picture. Because he was apparently still hungry after the 7 course meal at Remy's and the late night buffet.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #80
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your report; you're a hoot! Thanks for taking the time.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #81
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

loving your report~ so lucky you get to cruise so much! This will be our first one next February on the Dream!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #82
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I did the Atlantis aquarium before. But we did it on our onw, and no one was even in there. It's really pretty there....and BTW, I DO beleive there was an Atlantis...as many people do. Too many cultures have stories of it...but I don't think I beleive the crystal part.....
I hear Renm food is fabulous, but seeing pictures....so far I can't identify any of the food, so I don't think it's for us. But I have no desire to try Palo either...unless it is given to me free.
So where are these effy places? What kind of necklaces were they ? I'm all about finding free stuff at ports.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #83
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Day At Sea

We skipped breakfast since we were having Palo brunch and we actually slept in. It was very very nice.

Palo Brunch was awesome. I definitely think this was our best dining experience the whole cruise. I just loved all the selections and our waiter was awesome.

View from our table.

Dessert table. The waiter walked us around the restaurant and showed us the buffet and dessert table before sitting us down again. That was different and I am pretty sure I was just like "give me a plate already, I'm starving" ;-).

breakfast items which I completely skipped.

Cheese selection.

Bread selection.

Seafood selection. I just realized my pictures suck. This is what happens when I try to juggle a plate and take pictures at the same time.

More seafood selection.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #84
missj1975
DIS Veteran

My first plate. Everything was great but the caviar was delicious. I went back twice more for more caviar.

DH's plate.

My second plate ;-).

Apparently the buffett is just the appetizer. The waiter also had us choose some selections from the kitchen. I picked Egg's Benedict.

DH picked strawberry soup. He liked it alot.

I then ordered Chicken parmesan. It was the delicious too.

DH had oysters rockerfeller.

We absolutely loved the brunch!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #85
missj1975
DIS Veteran

During brunch, the waiter mentioned high tea. I was like what is that and sign us up. Our waiter said no problem, talked to the manager, and told us to come back at 3pm for high tea.

After brunch, we dragged ourselves back to our room to find our FE full of gifts. Cool but bittersweet because I knew that would be our last gifts and the cruise was almost over.

Exploring the ship before high tea. This is an interactive portrait game, very very cool. The portrait shows pirate ships out to sea and you have to steer the ship with the actual ship wheel.

High Tea Menu.

High Tea was very nice but we were still stuffed from brunch so I don't know if we enjoyed it as much as we normally would have.

Playing the mouse detective game.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #86
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

I want to do the brunch and high tea on our double dip cruise in July...I am so worried that both will be full before it's time for me to book! Thanks for the pics...looks yummy!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #87
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Hidden Mickey.

Final Disney show...can't remember the name now but it was really really cute. About a father and a daughter learning the meaning of love, magic, and all things Disney.

Dinner at the Enchanted Garden. Some green bean thing that I didn't try.

Dinner was nice, conversation with our tablemates were very entertaining, and the waiter was cool as usual.

After dinner we came back to this...a bat maybe. It went straight to the closet because frankly it scared me.

In the morning, we had breakfast in the Enchanted Garden. No buffet this time. We took our time eating breakfast and then headed off the ship to the crazy line that was customs. It was a long line but actually wasn't more then a ten minute wait. Funny moment, when loading our four bags the porter asked how many people were in our group and I was like two and he was like . I was like what are you saying four bags for two people is too much.

We took Magical Express back to Walt Disney World. *Sigh* Big mistake. We had to wait until the bus was fully loaded before we left, which took at least 30 minutes. We would have been long gone if we would have went with limo service again. Plus the father behind me thought it was amusing that he kept passing gas...I didn't find it amusing at all.

The bus dropped us off at Port Orleans Riverside. First time staying there...not impressed at first. Again we couldn't find anyone to help us with our bags. No porters when we got off the bus. After checking in, we requested a porter and the cast member was like sure no problem just wait right there. After ten minutes we were done waiting and dragged our suitcases to our room...our very crappy room.

I just wasn't liking the rustic feel, felt like a very bad Best Western too me. We asked for king size bed so they gave us a handicap room. The bathroom was terrible and no soap. I called the front desk and asked if all king size beds were in handicap rooms and she was like no. And then I was like does handicap rooms not get soap and she was like no we will send some right up. (six hours later after touring the parks we still didn't have soap.) Yeah I was crabby at that point from spending three hours on Magical Express ride that should have only been 1.5 hours, dragging our suitcases thru the maze that is Port Orleans in the rain, and then coming to a less then comforting room.

We decided to go to Magic Kingdom because that always cheers us up. Look what was open for the first time we have seen.

The food perked us right up and we spent the rest of the day enjoying Magic Kingdom.

So later that night we come back to our room and it still sucked. I call the front desk and asked about changing rooms. The lady was actually very sweet and apologized for the room and said a porter was on his way with new key cards for us and would show us to our new room.

Five minutes later the nicest porter ever arrived at our door and helped us move to a new room, in a golf cart no less which is very important in New Orleans because the place is huge, lots of winding paths.

We loved this room, much brighter and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

View from our room. We actually thought about swimming for like 5 seconds but it was cold (and rainy) and cold.

The next morning we took Magical Express to the airport and were home in no time. We flew home on a Friday, which a lot of my co-workers were like why didn't you just stay in Florida till Sunday. We actually loved the two days to recover from vacation before going back to work. Plenty of time to unpack, do laundry, and hug all of our animals a billion times.

So we had an awesome time on the cruise. Our next cruise is the Fantasy Inaugural Cruise, or I should say was our next cruise. March 2012 is just too far away. So DH went crazy with research the week we got back and booked a cruise for my birthday. We are now doing the Wonder Repositioning cruise in September. It is a five day cruise.

Thank you everyone for reading my trip report. I have enjoyed sharing!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #88
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I did the Atlantis aquarium before. But we did it on our onw, and no one was even in there. It's really pretty there....and BTW, I DO beleive there was an Atlantis...as many people do. Too many cultures have stories of it...but I don't think I beleive the crystal part.....
I hear Renm food is fabulous, but seeing pictures....so far I can't identify any of the food, so I don't think it's for us. But I have no desire to try Palo either...unless it is given to me free.
So where are these effy places? What kind of necklaces were they ? I'm all about finding free stuff at ports.
Effy is one of the jewelry stores on the main street in Nassau. Nassau has lots of jewelry stores. The necklaces were a simple stone pendant, I don't remember the stone names at the moment but I think one was a topaz. Make sure you go to the Nassau shopping talk the first day of the cruise and you will learn about all the shops and all the free stuff you can get.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #89
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Great TR! DH2b and I may do the high tea now that I have seen photos It all depends on how much we have left after paying for the wedding!

I thought the bat (or whatever it's supposed to be) was cute! But I am a lover of all animals

Cannot wait to hear about your next cruise in September...yet another TR to read before ours! Very excited

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012
ALMPeters11-11-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #90
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMPeters11-11-11 View Post
Great TR! DH2b and I may do the high tea now that I have seen photos It all depends on how much we have left after paying for the wedding!

I thought the bat (or whatever it's supposed to be) was cute! But I am a lover of all animals

Cannot wait to hear about your next cruise in September...yet another TR to read before ours! Very excited
I think High Tea was $10 each so totally affordable.

I love most animals. I just don't like objects swaying near the bed when I get up in the middle of the night half asleep scaring me to death. :scared1 Our room steward was great, I loved all the little touches he added to our room everyday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: