Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
D,L and K's Mom
D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful" ~ Annette Funicello~
You've been dazed and confused for too long!

Anyone visited Grey Wolf Lodge with a wheelchair????

We wanted to take DD and DS to Grey Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls for a night. I called and was told the family suites (the cheapest rooms with 2 beds) are not handicapped access. The doors are but not the bathrooms. I will have to upgrade to a bigger room because we do need the handicapped shower. I thought this was illegal?? Anyway...anyone have any experience at the Lodge? In the rooms, the waterparks?? DD can get out of the chair but is very unstable and has seizures. He will be pretty good in the water but getting to the slides etc maybe a prob if you cant use the chair...The room thing has me stumped??? Thanks for any info in advance.
D,L and K's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
DCDisney
On my way...

I didn't realize that about the rooms. We've had a handicapped room at the Great Wolf Lodge before and they did not tell us that there would be no sofa in there which was a problem for us. We did have one of the slightly bigger rooms. Perhaps try and call and see if they can match the rates and ask for a supervisor? I'm not sure how much fun it would be for him though. The 3 big waterslides are all up tons of stairs. The 2 medium slides you have to climb through a jungle gym type structure and climb across a very difficult rope bridge. There is a little kid area that has squirters and a very shallow beach like area. The wave pool also has a gradual beach like entry. They do have things like an arcade and a resort wide wand game. Let me know if you have any other questions.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
D,L and K's Mom
D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful" ~ Annette Funicello~
You've been dazed and confused for too long!

Thank you

Thank you for the info...We are not going to be visiting Great Wolf....After a few conversations with different people and different answers everytime we decided to skip the water-park. Just seemed like it was going to be more stress than vacation. Add in the fact DS broke 2 toes and the top of his foot we will not be visiting. We are having a pretty crazy Feb break with family visiting. We may try again another time. Thank you so much for all the info...especially the info about the steps...
D,L and K's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
brat
DIS Veteran

May the rest of your break go better.

Grand-fathered buildings that are not accessable are one of my pet peeves.Bathroom doorways are ones we have had issues with for years.

Back in college friends and I went out to dinner, nice place great meal but the restroom door was too narrow for my friends wheels.They offered a bucket in the jantors closet or to carry her into the restroom which had a handicaped stall.My chair was narrow enough so I tranfered to dining chair and she used my chair to get into the restroom and came back to transfer to her own.

May the world become more accessable every day...
brat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: