Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

A Little Disney Magic

Welcome to my pre-trip/trip report!

This is my first report on DISboards and I am very excited to be a part of this awesome community!

Cast of Characters:
Amanda (me)
Scott (DH2b...will be DH on 11/11/11)

We are complete Disney-a-holics! We have just about every Disney movie on VHS and DVD and we are slowly building our Blu-Ray collection I have been to WDW 3 times and DL 5 times (which can be found in my signature). My DH-2b has been to WDW once (with me in 05) and Disneyland twice (with me in 06 and 07). Neither of us have ever been on a DCL cruise...actually, we have never been on ANY cruise

We are currently planning our Disney Cinderella Themed Wedding which will take place on November 11, 2011 aka 11/11/11. No, it will not be at a Disney park but it will be magical nonetheless! For our honeymoon, we will be taking what Disney calls a Land and Sea Vacation.

On November 25, we will drive from our home in Louisville, KY to Cocoa Beach, FL to stay at a little hotel on the beach the night before our cruise on the Disney Magic! Those of you realizing the date as the day after Thanksgiving...yes, I am sacrificing my Black Friday shopping for our honeymoon But I personally think it is a fair trade-off. We are driving because it is SO much cheaper! The money we are saving from not flying is actually paying for our "land" part of our honeymoon. I love to fly, but sacrificing flying for a trip to WDW is totally worth it

We will be setting sail on the Disney Magic on November 26! Because we are newbies to DCL, we cannot book anything until September 12...75 days before the cruise But we do have plans for the cruise, including participating in our cruise group's FE!!

Our itinerary is as follows:
November 26: Port Canaveral, Florida
November 27: Key West, Florida
November 28: At Sea
November 29: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
November 30: Cozumel, Mexico
December 01: At Sea
December 02: Castaway Cay
December 03: Port Canaveral, Florida

We have decided to do one shore excursion per port:
Presidents, Pirates, and Pioneers at Key West
Seven Mile Beach Break in the Grand Cayman
Cozumel Highlights and Maya Ruins in Cozumel
Parasailing in Castaway Cay

Once we deboard the cruise on December 3rd, our honeymoon is not over yet! We will drive from Cocoa Beach (after we get our car back LOL) to Orlando and stay at the All-Star Movies for 6 days/5 nights to continue our honeymoon with 5-day park hoppers to WDW!!! When we leave the magic of Orlando, we will drive home, stopping in Atlanta to visit the World of Coke Museum. My DH-2b is a Coke-a-holic We have several plastic totes filled with memorabilia!

Back to the wedding planning and present day...One very exciting perk that Disney has created for their honeymooners is the Disney Honeymoon Registry! As soon as the honeymoon was booked, I signed up for it. Here is the link if you would like to see what we have selected http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...-2621C6B63F53}

Well, that is all I can think of for now I will continue as more excitement comes along

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012

Last edited by ALMPeters11-11-11; 04-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.
ALMPeters11-11-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMPeters11-11-11 View Post
Welcome to my pre-trip/trip report!

This is my first report on DISboards and I am very excited to be a part of this awesome community!

Cast of Characters:
Amanda (me)
Scott (DH-2b...will be DH on 11/11/11)

We are complete Disney-a-holics! We have just about every Disney movie on VHS and DVD and we are slowly building our Blu-Ray collection I have been to WDW 3 times and DL 5 times (which can be found in my signature). My DH-2b has been to WDW once (with me in 05) and Disneyland twice (with me in 06 and 07). Neither of us have ever been on a DCL cruise...actually, we have never been on ANY cruise

We are currently planning our Disney Cinderella Themed Wedding which will take place on November 11, 2011 aka 11/11/11. No, it will not be at a Disney park but it will be magical nonetheless! For our honeymoon, we will be taking what Disney calls a Land and Sea Vacation.

On November 25, we will drive from our home in Louisville, KY to Cocoa Beach, FL to stay at a little hotel on the beach the night before our cruise on the Disney Magic! Those of you realizing the date as the day after Thanksgiving...yes, I am sacrificing my Black Friday shopping for our honeymoon But I personally think it is a fair trade-off. We are driving because it is SO much cheaper! The money we are saving from not flying is actually paying for our "land" part of our honeymoon. I love to fly, but sacrificing flying for a trip to WDW is totally worth it

We will be setting sail on the Disney Magic on November 26! Because we are newbies to DCL, we cannot book anything until September 12...75 days before the cruise But we do have plans for the cruise, including participating in our cruise group's FE!!

Our itinerary is as follows:
November 26: Port Canaveral, Florida
November 27: Key West, Florida
November 28: At Sea
November 29: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
November 30: Cozumel, Mexico
December 01: At Sea
December 02: Castaway Cay
December 03: Port Canaveral, Florida

We have decided to do one shore excursion per port:
Presidents, Pirates, and Pioneers at Key West
Seven Mile Beach Break in the Grand Cayman
Cozumel Highlights and Maya Ruins in Cozumel
Parasailing in Castaway Cay

Once we deboard the cruise on December 3rd, our honeymoon is not over yet! We will drive from Cocoa Beach (after we get our car back LOL) to Orlando and stay at the All-Star Movies for 6 days/5 nights to continue our honeymoon with 5-day park hoppers to WDW!!! When we leave the magic of Orlando, we will drive home, stopping in Atlanta to visit the World of Coke Museum. My DH-2b is a Coke-a-holic We have several plastic totes filled with memorabilia!

Back to the wedding planning and present day...here are some photos from our planning:

The background image to our Save-the-Dates

My tiara...very Cinderella-esque, I think

The front of my dress (shh, don't tell DH-2b...thank goodness I know he will never look at this blog )

My gorgeous cathedral train

Columns for our aisle and altar (we will have six of these total)

Our unity candle column (which will have a round mirror on top for the candles)

One very exciting perk that Disney has created for their honeymooners is the Disney Honeymoon Registry! As soon as the honeymoon was booked, I signed up for it. Here is the link if you would like to see what we have selected http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...-2621C6B63F53}

Well, that is all I can think of for now I will continue as more excitement comes along
your wedding dress is georgeous you will look beautiful.
Tanzanite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
missj1975
DIS Veteran

I love love love your dress. It is so beautiful. And your tiara is awesome too.

Wow a two week Disney honeymoon...Jealous!!!

You will have so much fun at the Coke Museum, especially if they have a taste testing area..which I am sure they do. Las Vegas has a huge Coke store and we have fond memories of trying 21 different coke flavors from around the world. Epcot has something similar called Club Cool but I think they only have 6 or 7 different flavors of coke (plus Epcot's coke is free, the Coke store's samples weren't but still tasty).

Anyway, so excited for your trip
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
I love love love your dress. It is so beautiful. And your tiara is awesome too.

Wow a two week Disney honeymoon...Jealous!!!

You will have so much fun at the Coke Museum, especially if they have a taste testing area..which I am sure they do. Las Vegas has a huge Coke store and we have fond memories of trying 21 different coke flavors from around the world. Epcot has something similar called Club Cool but I think they only have 6 or 7 different flavors of coke (plus Epcot's coke is free, the Coke store's samples weren't but still tasty).
I think I remember us checking out Club Cool in '05...but that was nearly six years ago I do know the World of Coke has a full FREE tasting room that has something like 30 different flavors...don't quote me on that LOL I bought my tiara on ebay...total steal considering it's Swarovski. And my dress...trunk show! I am all about finding deals

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012
Old 02-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more! We live about 1 1/2 hours from Louisville!
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
mrbudyhed
Mouseketeer

This is a very exciting pre wedding/trip report! I love hearing about wedding plans. I have been know to sit and watch videos of friends of friends (i.e. essentially people I don't even really know! ) 11-11-11 is a very big day with the national cordouroy appreciation club. I think you might be stealing their thunder a little. I, like other Disers, can not wait to hear more.

DH 43 me 42 DD 10 DD 7
mrbudyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Planetneutral
Earning My Ears

Sounds like a great story in the making. FWIW, I work for the public library in Louisville. Nice to see Kentuckiana represent on the DISboards.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbudyhed View Post
11-11-11 is a very big day with the national cordouroy appreciation club. I think you might be stealing their thunder a little.
I have never even heard of the Corduroy Appreciation Club We have a meaning behind our 11/11/11 date...which I think I will post here in a little bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetneutral View Post
Sounds like a great story in the making. FWIW, I work for the public library in Louisville. Nice to see Kentuckiana represent on the DISboards.
That's great! I love when I hear or see Kentucky represented anywhere

Old 02-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone who has been following along! It is very exciting to have followers, especially with this being my first posting on here...and honestly my first posting on any board like this!

I have decided to share the story of why we have chosen 11/11/11...

There are so many superstitions centered around the number 11, especially the one enjoyed by young folks who "wish on 11:11." Yes, 11/11/11 is a very unique date that will never happen again in our lifetime. But we have a very special reason for choosing the date.

My DH2b and I have known each other for 13 years this June. Most marriages these days do not even last that long. We have a very special and unique bond for many different reasons. We started as friends, then became best friends, off and on boyfriend/girlfriend, and finally fiancees.

At one point in our life together, I was looking at some of my DH2b's old things from when he was younger...things his mother kept from when he was in school and other little momentos. I suddenly stumbled across his birth certificate. We discovered that we have something very peculiar in common...the number 2.

My birthday is February 28th (of a certain year) and his is December 26th (of a certain year)...he was born at 6:29am and I was born at 8:31am...he weighed 8lb 6oz and I weighed 6lb 8oz...he was 19 1/2 inches long and I was 21 1/2 inches long. So, with these numbers we found that he is EXACTLY 2 years, 2 months, 2 days, 2 hours, and 2 minutes older than I am AND we were within 2lb 2oz of each other AND I was 2 inches longer than he was.

That all being said...the number 2 seems to pop up everywhere around us. We decided on the date 11/11/11 because 1 + 1 = 2. Since setting our wedding date, we have been seeing the number 11 everywhere. We are nerds when it comes to numerology But we find it to be a very unique circumstance that most likely does not happen too often and therefore believe it is cause to celebrate the number.

Last edited by ALMPeters11-11-11; 03-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
mrsdavies2be
Earning My Ears

That' so exciting! I'm getting married Jan 28 (taking the cruise jan 26-29) of 2012!!!
mrsdavies2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
yorkshire disney fan
Earning My Ears

I am sure you will have a great time - enjoy
yorkshire disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #12
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdavies2be View Post
That' so exciting! I'm getting married Jan 28 (taking the cruise jan 26-29) of 2012!!!
Oh, wow! So you are getting married on the cruise?! That would be amazing

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Finally going to do this!

Now that it's been a few months since the honeymoon and things have calmed down around here, I'm going to FINALLY post my trip log!! I'll begin in a new post. Thanks, everyone, for your patience

Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears

Wow...where do I begin! Let me start by saying our Cinderella themed wedding was even better than we had expected! Here are the three highlight videos from our wonderful videographer and some of the amazing photos our amazing photographers captured:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwurKA_wupM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzvi_luyZU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c432t8CZMMc

My Flower Girl's Basket

My Precious Flower Girl and I before the wedding

Our Rings w/my bouquet

The Ceremony (in the BEAUTIFUL Crystal Ballroom)

My Favorite Photo!

The entire wedding party (minus the flower girl)

Me With the Groomsmen

DH With the Bridesmaids

My Cinderella Photo!!

DH Putting the Slipper on my foot...It fits! LOL

Our GORGEOUS cake with the castle cake-topper

Our Introduction

Our First Dance

Our ceremony and reception took place at the historic Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY. If anyone has seen the movie "Elizabethtown" with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst, the hotel he stays in is The Brown. The ballroom they use in the movie is not the actual Crystal Ballroom, however (thank goodness because of what happens in the movie ). It truly was a dream and the perfect fairy-tale wedding! I'll begin the honeymoon in a new update

Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Your wedding was gorgeous! What a beautiful location too. Congratulations I got married and had my honeymoon in WDW so I completely understand why you chose it! I look forward to reading about your trip!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: