Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

Christmas Getaway (please help!) - Dec 2011 PTR

So here it is. Mid-February, and I'm already planning a trip to Disney in December. Go me. Anyways, this trip might be a bit difficult to plan and this is the first time I'll ever be planning a trip with the help of the Dis... so... I hope people respond to this because I want to make this trip as amazing as possible.

So a little background. We went to Disney in June of 2009 for my 21st and my nana's 80th birthday. We treated that trip as though it would be the last trip in a while... but in the months since, I find myself wanting to go back more and more because it made me so happy. So I managed to convince my grandma to go back in December.

So that's me on the Epcot Segway tour last summer. I'm a bit of a wannabe photographer. I like taking pictures and I like when they come out beautifully, but I am by no means a professional or even an amateur photographer. I have a fancy point-and-shoot. I'm usually hiding behind the camera for the most part.
Favorite Park: Epcot (WS) or Animal Kingdom
Favorite Character: Tigger

That's my grandma. She's in her 80s and loves Disney more than anyone I've ever met. She's been going down since the 1970s and her favorite time to go is over Christmas when everything is so beautifully decorated. It didn't take much to convince her to go down again, but this time just the two of us.
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Character: Mickey

It should be an interesting trip. We plan on going December 3-10. I want to take it at a much slower pace than our last trip, but there is still a lot that I want to cram into the trip. I want to make this as magical as possible, but I want both of us to have fun (and the large age difference makes things difficult).

I know for sure that we're doing the Deluxe Dining plan, but I was thinking of perhaps going with the Premium or Platinum packages because she wants to go out on one of the boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon, and I was thinking of attempting to get her on some backstage tours. Still, I'm unsure as to whether or not they're handicapped accessible and if the extra price is worth it.

I also think that the PhotoPass would be a good idea since it is only the pair of us and I don't want all the pictures to be just her. I have a meeting planned with a AAA agent in a week or two to go over options, but... opinions?

<3

Last edited by nocomment711; 04-05-2011 at 09:25 AM.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: