Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #586
JLDSMD
Platinum Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Too funny! The 11/3/12 was supposed to be our next cruise but I decided to cancel it and take our chances with getting a TA deal for the Fall. I am going to book a WDW vacation and if a deal pops up then we will do the cruise, if not, we will just do WDW and Universal

We're not 100% on the 11/3 yet, just that the itin was different and that is one of the complaints about DCL - same itins every time. So we jumped on this one before rates went up.

The 10/20 works better for school (least missed days) as does the 10/27, but that's a Western. Not sure if we'd do the western though - although it is actually better than 10/20 if we want to do time in WDW before the cruise.

You'll have a blast no matter where you go in 2012. Just spending time with the family away from the regular day to day is worth it. We are looking at getting to Universal one of these years. Especially now with the HP area open.

Maybe we'll bump into each other on a cruise in the future.
Fantasy: 8/12-W, 4/15-E

WDW: 10/93 (Honeymoon), 10/03 (DS first trip), 10/04, 1/05, 1/06, 10/06, 1/07, 9/07, 10/07, 2/08, 9/09, 10/09, 2/10, 10/10, 12/10, 8/11, 10/11, 1/12, 8/12, 10/13, 4/14, 6/14, 8/14
DL: 10/98, 11/02, 9/05, 8/08, 3/11
Vero Beach: 10/06
JLDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #587
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
VIDEO????? ok - popco rn:opcorn:: waiting
Now that I am done my report, I will have some time to work on it this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22 View Post
this is by far my favorite trip report!!!

i have question...how is snatching a lounger in the adult pool/ kids pool areas...it seems to be a big rough ...what about at castaway cay??
THANKSS again for the beautiful trip report!!
Hmm, I would say REALLY tough to get one on at sea days for the ships' pool areas and a little easier to get one on CC since they now have two big beautiful beaches
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #588
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugogirl View Post
Thank you so much for this TR! I am so grateful for all this information! We are doing our first cruise ever in August on the Dream - so excited! I have a couple of questions:

Your door magnets! They are fantastic. I have no idea where to begin to develop/find those. Can you tell me how you made them and where to start? I really want to do that to surprise my daughters.

Reservations for Palo/Remy: we are first timers so no Platinum CC membership. Will we even be able to get a resv? I really want Remy! Also, I was told that the fee paid to eat at those restaurants includes gratuity. Is that right? I am a firm believer in tipping big for waitstaff. I know how hard that work is, and they deserve it! (Except for that rotten punk you guys got at Palo. He deserves to be tossed overboard.) Do you tip anyway?

This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Did you see any Greek yogurt anywhere? I saw regular yogurt at Cabanas and Frozone's for smoothies, but I'm much better off with the Greek kind (less whey, more protein).

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!

I made my door signs in Photoshop. A good place to start is the Door Signs FAQ

As for Remy, I know those are hard to come by...best bet is to try online when your booking windows comes up but if that fails, you can try for them both when you get on board. You will need to go to the designated area (check the navs) well before the time indicated to wait in line

DCL states that the gratuity is included in those meals but if you feel you want to tip extra, please do so. It's all up to you

Yes, I put my phone on airplane mode just in case! That way, I could use it for alarm clock purposes

I'm not a big yogurt person so I never looked closely at any yogurt...sorry. But, it never hurts to ask someone, the worst they will tell you is no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
We're not 100% on the 11/3 yet, just that the itin was different and that is one of the complaints about DCL - same itins every time. So we jumped on this one before rates went up.

The 10/20 works better for school (least missed days) as does the 10/27, but that's a Western. Not sure if we'd do the western though - although it is actually better than 10/20 if we want to do time in WDW before the cruise.

You'll have a blast no matter where you go in 2012. Just spending time with the family away from the regular day to day is worth it. We are looking at getting to Universal one of these years. Especially now with the HP area open.

Maybe we'll bump into each other on a cruise in the future.
That's exactly why I wanted to book that cruise originally! New port I hate St Maarten.

If we do cruise though, it will either be the 3rd or 10th, so if you end up on the 3rd, might see you guys onboard. We won't know until last minute which is why I will plan for WDW Can't wait to see WWoHP

And I agree, I don't care where the ship goes, I will be THRILLED just to cruise
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #589
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for the wonderful trip report. Just one question, does it have to end??
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #590
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Thanks again for the wonderful trip report. Just one question, does it have to end??
Well, unless you wanna send me some $$$ so I can go again....yes!

I am working on my video right now though Depends on how ambitious I get, it could be posted by the weekend
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #591
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugogirl View Post
This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!
I wondered that to oabout the phone. So in airplane mode you can still use the alarm and take pictures, and basically everything but phone/text/internet?
I should call Sprint and find out what roaming charges are. I know my DH will need to use his phone a few times at least.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #592
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

GREAT TR. Thanks so much for all the info! We are taking our first ever cruise on the Dream in Feb 2012, and this has answered so many questions for me!
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #593
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Cass, can't wait for the video!!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #594
WDWCrazyfromGA
Mouseketeer

Thank you so very much for your AWESOME TR!! The pictures and information were fabulous!

Looking forward to the video

Thanks again!!

Jun 06 – POP (Family first trip!) * Jan 07 - POP * Nov 07 – POP (DD 4th Princess Birthday! and MVMCP) * Oct 08 – POP (MNSSHP) * Apr 09 – 3 night Wonder * Oct 09 – POP (MNSSHP) * Apr 10 – 4 night Wonder and POR * Nov 10 – BLT (1st trip home - MVMCP) * Jan 11 – POP * Feb 11 – POP (Royal Family 5K) * Apr 11 - DREAM and VWL * May 11 - AKV Kidani and BLT * Sep 11 - BLT * Oct 11 - All Star Sports - Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon (First Adult Only trip!) * Nov 11 - BLT * Apr 12 - Mother/Daughter trip * May 12 - AKV/BLT * Jul 12 - HHI * Sept 12 - BWV/BLT * Apr 13 - AKV/BLT * Jun 13 - HHI * Oct 13 - BLT
WDWCrazyfromGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #595
Timon

DIS Junkie

OMG...I am only about half way through rough editing and it's already 17 minutes long!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #596
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG...I am only about half way through rough editing and it's already 17 minutes long!!!
I can't wait!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #597
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
And...the problem would be?....
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #598
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

after a crazy week around here (in a good way ), i finally got caught up reading

Thanks for the entertainment Cass and looking forward to the videos.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #599
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Well, unless you wanna send me some $$$ so I can go again....yes!
If you had 10 cents for every time this thread was viewed, you'd have one heck of a vacation fund!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #600
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I can't wait!
Me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
And...the problem would be?....

Ummm Bandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
after a crazy week around here (in a good way ), i finally got caught up reading

Thanks for the entertainment Cass and looking forward to the videos.
Yes, very busy in your household lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
If you had 10 cents for every time this thread was viewed, you'd have one heck of a vacation fund!
Hmmm, maybe I should charge $5 admission to watch my movie Maybe then I can take my family

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: