Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #571
Scouter
DIS Veteran

Fantastic trip report Cass!
You've covered about everything, except a few nightclubs, I'm dying to go to PINK!

Thanks for being so thorough!

Hey, have you found out yet who that travel agent was at the CC cabana?

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #572
olewnikpe
Olewnik

Thanks for the great pictures and commentary. As someone who will be going on the Dream in May, you really provided a great perspective of the ship; you captured an incredible amount of the ship.

The way you organized it is really great. I'm going to have my family members who are going on our cruise and another to prepare by reading/viewing your report. Therefore, they can easily see as much or little as they want/need.

Thanks again... Eddie
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #573
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

As Crush would say "TOTALLY AMAZING DUDE!"
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #574
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Thank you so much... felt like we were right there with you....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #575
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

One word for this report Cass.....AWESOME!!!

And you're most welcome for the gift basket. I am still a little upset about what my money paid for though, but as long as you liked it, that's all that matters.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #576
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Thank you so much Cass! Taking the time out to share the experience with us was so very nice! I like to read your reports because I know you are going to tell it like it is but with Disney love and I so appreciate that. I learned so much from your report and have gotten so excited to cruise again!

Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #577
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the great report! Can't wait until our first cruise in April 2012!
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #578
gfly
Mouseketeer

Thank You

First of all, your report was great.
Second, do you have any idea just how far out the lifeboats jut out from the side? It appears they would be quite an obstruction for folks over them on deck 6.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #579
JLDSMD
Platinum Castaway Club

Thanks for the great trip report Cass!!! Love the depth of detail you put into it as well as all the pictures.

You've got us excited to to sail on her this October as well as her sister ship the Fantasy in Nov '12 (currently booked to do that first Eastern w/ San Juan on 11/3, but also holding a ressie for the 10/20 Eastern - not sure which we'll take, but the new stop sounds better).
Fantasy: 8/12-W, 4/15-E

WDW: 10/93 (Honeymoon), 10/03 (DS first trip), 10/04, 1/05, 1/06, 10/06, 1/07, 9/07, 10/07, 2/08, 9/09, 10/09, 2/10, 10/10, 12/10, 8/11, 10/11, 1/12, 8/12, 10/13, 4/14, 6/14, 8/14
DL: 10/98, 11/02, 9/05, 8/08, 3/11
Vero Beach: 10/06
JLDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #580
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Disembarkation

YOUR DONE?????

ok, NOW i'm going to cry

guess i'm just going to have to go back to the beginning and start all over
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #581
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Hmmm, snowy Denver looks very familiar.

Great report! Thanks for all the details.

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
You are the best when it comes to details!

I loved reading every bit of it!:
Thanks Paige! Not long now before your cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Fantastic trip report Cass!
You've covered about everything, except a few nightclubs, I'm dying to go to PINK!

Thanks for being so thorough!

Hey, have you found out yet who that travel agent was at the CC cabana?
Yeah, I still can't believe I didn't take photos of Pink!!! Oh well, I know I got video

Nope, never found out! I even did a quick search but found nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by olewnikpe View Post
Thanks for the great pictures and commentary. As someone who will be going on the Dream in May, you really provided a great perspective of the ship; you captured an incredible amount of the ship.

The way you organized it is really great. I'm going to have my family members who are going on our cruise and another to prepare by reading/viewing your report. Therefore, they can easily see as much or little as they want/need.

Thanks again... Eddie
Thanks...glad the report can help you guys out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

As Crush would say "TOTALLY AMAZING DUDE!"
Thanks Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Thank you so much... felt like we were right there with you....:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
One word for this report Cass.....AWESOME!!!

And you're most welcome for the gift basket. I am still a little upset about what my money paid for though, but as long as you liked it, that's all that matters.
Sure did!! Those waters sure came in handy and the treats made it all the way back to Calgary to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Thank you so much Cass! Taking the time out to share the experience with us was so very nice! I like to read your reports because I know you are going to tell it like it is but with Disney love and I so appreciate that. I learned so much from your report and have gotten so excited to cruise again!
Thanks for taking time for all those posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
Thanks so much for the great report! Can't wait until our first cruise in April 2012!
It won't be your last

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfly View Post
First of all, your report was great.
Second, do you have any idea just how far out the lifeboats jut out from the side? It appears they would be quite an obstruction for folks over them on deck 6.
Ummm, sorry can't really help there....I'm sure there will be lots of reports coming in the next few months though that might help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
Thanks for the great trip report Cass!!! Love the depth of detail you put into it as well as all the pictures.

You've got us excited to to sail on her this October as well as her sister ship the Fantasy in Nov '12 (currently booked to do that first Eastern w/ San Juan on 11/3, but also holding a ressie for the 10/20 Eastern - not sure which we'll take, but the new stop sounds better).
Too funny! The 11/3/12 was supposed to be our next cruise but I decided to cancel it and take our chances with getting a TA deal for the Fall. I am going to book a WDW vacation and if a deal pops up then we will do the cruise, if not, we will just do WDW and Universal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
YOUR DONE?????

ok, NOW i'm going to cry

guess i'm just going to have to go back to the beginning and start all over
I still have a video to come
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #582
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

I still have a video to come

VIDEO????? ok - popco rn:opcorn:: waiting
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #583
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

this is by far my favorite trip report!!!

i have question...how is snatching a lounger in the adult pool/ kids pool areas...it seems to be a big rough ...what about at castaway cay??
THANKSS again for the beautiful trip report!!
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #584
ugogirl
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for this TR! I am so grateful for all this information! We are doing our first cruise ever in August on the Dream - so excited! I have a couple of questions:

Your door magnets! They are fantastic. I have no idea where to begin to develop/find those. Can you tell me how you made them and where to start? I really want to do that to surprise my daughters.

Reservations for Palo/Remy: we are first timers so no Platinum CC membership. Will we even be able to get a resv? I really want Remy! Also, I was told that the fee paid to eat at those restaurants includes gratuity. Is that right? I am a firm believer in tipping big for waitstaff. I know how hard that work is, and they deserve it! (Except for that rotten punk you guys got at Palo. He deserves to be tossed overboard.) Do you tip anyway?

This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Did you see any Greek yogurt anywhere? I saw regular yogurt at Cabanas and Frozone's for smoothies, but I'm much better off with the Greek kind (less whey, more protein).

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!
ugogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #585
ugogirl
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for this TR! I am so grateful for all this information! We are doing our first cruise ever in August on the Dream - so excited! I have a couple of questions:

Your door magnets! They are fantastic. I have no idea where to begin to develop/find those. Can you tell me how you made them and where to start? I really want to do that to surprise my daughters.

Reservations for Palo/Remy: we are first timers so no Platinum CC membership. Will we even be able to get a resv? I really want Remy! Also, I was told that the fee paid to eat at those restaurants includes gratuity. Is that right? I am a firm believer in tipping big for waitstaff. I know how hard that work is, and they deserve it! (Except for that rotten punk you guys got at Palo. He deserves to be tossed overboard.) Do you tip anyway?

This is a random one: did you put your iPhone into airplane mode or something to avoid roaming charges? I don't know how to work this on a cruise. I just turned my phone off when I went to Europe, so that was useless to me for the alarm that I definitely wished I had! I have Verizon, so I can call them to check into this too.

Did you see any Greek yogurt anywhere? I saw regular yogurt at Cabanas and Frozone's for smoothies, but I'm much better off with the Greek kind (less whey, more protein).

Thanks again Cass! You are a treasure to do this report. It has helped me figure out so many things I wondered about!
ugogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: