Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #586
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Got here with np and right now I am kind of surprise that it hasn't rain yet. But the crowds are really bad around this time. Well at least it not that cold and hot. I got to the park when it opened at 8am and it was just modest with the guests in the park. Than around 9 am it started to get busy. I will post my pics and write more later during this trip.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #587
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Got here with np and right now I am kind of surprise that it hasn't rain yet. But the crowds are really bad around this time. Well at least it not that cold and hot. I got to the park when it opened at 8am and it was just modest with the guests in the park. Than around 9 am it started to get busy. I will post my pics and write more later during this trip.
I can't wait to hear what you say about the day, it sounds like it was a wild one in the parks.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #588
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – February 19, 2011 – Part 1

Day 1 – February 19, 2011 – Part 1

Hello there my fellow DISers and other readers. I am taking my break at my hotel after a long day at the park on Sunday. This is one of the worst days I have been inside DL with all the crowds during President's Day weekend. But at least I got a lot of done yesterday which was great and disappointing. But overall it was a decent trip right now. I should say that on my TR for Sunday instead of talking about yesterday. I will head on back over to DL so I can watch RDCT and Memories later during the night.

This TR that I am doing is also a continue of the Sign Quest that I have done last month. Not only the Sign Quest, but also I am doing the Heart Quest that Sherry E has mention on her thread and the Christmas thread. I have to look around the resort for shape hearts and Valentine Day colors. The Valentine Day decors around the resort don't count so I had to look very hard for any Hearts around the resort.

Now lets to the TR from yesterday.

My DB who is coming with me to LA since his GF asked him to come down and hang out. So the two of us left Sacramento around 12:30am on Friday night. That is really early for us to leave Sacramento and head to the south. It was crazy to drive that late but we got here safely around 7am.

The first thing we did was to take my DB to his GF house in Irvine where she is studying. I dropped him off around 7:20 and than I head on straight over to DL since the park was about to open around 8am.

When I got to DL, I head on over to the Mickey Parking Structure and got to the 2nd level which is the Daisy level. At lest when I got to the park, it was not raining. I was kind of surprise to see that it wasn't raining when I got there. Especially when I checked the weather that it was suppose to rain in the morning. But that was the best weather of the day. I will have to talk about that another time.

Than I head down the parking structure and was at the Tram loading zone which has so many signs that I didn't get my last trip since I was across the street from Harbor Blvd.

DLR Map

On the Tram

On the way, Monorail Mark VII Blue was running and got to see it while on the Tram.

Got off the Tram and went thru the check-point and the first thing I saw was the Let the Memories Begin Sign by the park entrances. This was a nice promotion sign for the advertisement. I also got to see Memories at IASW, I was planning on seeing that tonight since yesterday was raining like crazy and I had no time to do it. So this will be very interesting today.

After taking pics, I went straight on over to DL since it has just opened at 8am. At least there was barely any people outside since it is 8am in the morning and most of the people are still at the rooms or coming in later. The weather was still good, but it was cloudy and very cold in the morning.

So I went in the park and right now it was just modest.

Ward Kimball was running that day along with Holiday 2 Car set

Got to see the Mardi Gras Sign right on the left side of the entrance. This was kind of interesting to see that it was not being held at the Festival Arena. But it does make sense to have it at NOS that the Festival Arena. I was planning on seeing it, but I lost track in the morning. I did get the show and see the characters all dressed up.

When I walked in the park, it was not crowded as expected when most of the people show up around 9am in the morning. So I just went around MS and try to find any Signs or Heart shapes around the buildings. There were few of them out here so I had to look carefully.

I was about to head on over to Adventureland before I saw the re-pavement around the hub which is really nice to see that it is all new.

Than I head on over to Adventureland and the first thing I did was to get a FP for Indy. I like to collect FP and barely use them, so I should be able to get a early FP return time. I also had to get some pics of the signs that I have done on my sign quest.

After getting the 9:00 return time FP at Indy, I head on over to Critter Country and see the construction. Even though I was there last month when Winnie the Pooh and the store was open, this time they closed off the whole entire area.

Splash Mountain under Construction.

That will be it for now since I am going to rest up and head on back to DL around 5pm so I can get ready for RDCT and Memories. Thanks for following my TR.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #589
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hello from snowy Michigan. It was lovely to take a little break with your trip report. The crowds don't look bad for you during this installment. I'm glad you got a FP for Indy. It's one of our favorite rides at DL. Did you use it?

The new pavement does look nice. I have been following Deej's trip report and she had nice walls as they were doing the improvements.

Why can't I ever remember what RDCT means?

Hope you are rested for more fun this evening!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #590
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hello from snowy Michigan. It was lovely to take a little break with your trip report. The crowds don't look bad for you during this installment. I'm glad you got a FP for Indy. It's one of our favorite rides at DL. Did you use it?

The new pavement does look nice. I have been following Deej's trip report and she had nice walls as they were doing the improvements.

Why can't I ever remember what RDCT means?

Hope you are rested for more fun this evening!
Thx TK for following my TR.

That morning was the lowest crowds that you will see during that day. As you know that more and more people will come in by the day. I didn't use my FP, but I did went on Indy later that day. I will write that in my TR another time.

It was nice to see that the pavement around the Hub and the flag retreat. They needed it so badly when there was some cracks in them. Also there will be more space for people to watch the fireworks at night.

RDCT is "Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks.

Am all rested up and about to head on over to DL. Bout to battle the crowds and looks like the weather will be fine tonight.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #591
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thx TK for following my TR.

That morning was the lowest crowds that you will see during that day. As you know that more and more people will come in by the day. I didn't use my FP, but I did went on Indy later that day. I will write that in my TR another time.

It was nice to see that the pavement around the Hub and the flag retreat. They needed it so badly when there was some cracks in them. Also there will be more space for people to watch the fireworks at night.

RDCT is "Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks.

Am all rested up and about to head on over to DL. Bout to battle the crowds and looks like the weather will be fine tonight.
Have fun!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #592
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm following too, Bret! Have a great time! Good luck on Heart Quest and any other Quest. I bet there are heart shapes in each land, maybe hidden in the decor or in the shops' merchandise, but it will probably be hard to find them.

But you've done such a wonderful job on Sign Quest so far that I'm sure if there are hearts to find, you will find them! Make sure to catch the weather vane on Minnie's house in ToonTown - that is one heart shape that I know of for sure!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #593
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm following too, Bret! Have a great time! Good luck on Heart Quest and any other Quest. I bet there are heart shapes in each land, maybe hidden in the decor or in the shops' merchandise, but it will probably be hard to find them.

But you've done such a wonderful job on Sign Quest so far that I'm sure if there are hearts to find, you will find them! Make sure to catch the weather vane on Minnie's house in ToonTown - that is one heart shape that I know of for sure!!
Thx Sherry for following my TR. Just waiting in front of SB castle for RDCT fireworks at 845. At least it is not raining as yesterday and right now it is cold out here. This heart quest is very challenging, I have got some of the hearts that u shown on your TR and found some heart shapes that I would never expect. I will try to post all my pics tonight when I get back.

I also have to Memories at IASW tonight. I have got the heart shape weather vane on Minnies house.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #594
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

What a tease, I didn't get to see what happened later in the day. I expect 200 picture of the Animation Building. Oh well.

I was curious, what did the parking crew think of your Premier Pass?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #595
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
What a tease, I didn't get to see what happened later in the day. I expect 200 picture of the Animation Building. Oh well.

I was curious, what did the parking crew think of your Premier Pass?
Sry Matt, I was tired after RDCT and Memories last night. I had to get up early today so I can get to the park at 8am. I have some pics of the Animation building, but they haven't been uploaded yet since this internet here is slow. BWPPI was faster than this.

Some of the CMs were not surprise to see the Premier. Very interesting on Saturday when I gave my Premier to the CM at the gate and said have a nice day and drove in the parking structure. While yesterday they forced me to get my ID out.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #596
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Some of the CMs were not surprise to see the Premier. Very interesting on Saturday when I gave my Premier to the CM at the gate and said have a nice day and drove in the parking structure. While yesterday they forced me to get my ID out.
Interesting, it does have your picture on it right?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #597
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Can't wait to see your photos, Bret! I hope you had a great day today - the weather was just gorgeous (and the air is fresh because the rain cleaned it up).

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #598
Funball
DIS Veteran

Make sure you ad in the part on how we got stuck inside the animation buidling from the rain!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #599
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Interesting, it does have your picture on it right?
The Premier pass does not have a picture. Mostly they are like the APs at WDW which doesn't have a picture because they use the biometric scan on the finger. That why they don't depend on the picture like the DLR AP. Than yesterday, when I parked my car, this CM had np with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Can't wait to see your photos, Bret! I hope you had a great day today - the weather was just gorgeous (and the air is fresh because the rain cleaned it up).
Thx Sherry. I will upload the rest of my pictures today since uploading it from my hotel was way too slow. It almost took 3 minutes to upload one picture at that hotel, I can upload 6 pictures in that time at the BW hotels across from the DLR.

The weather was great yesterday, after a crazy day on Saturday when it rained like crazy at night. It sucked for the people who was planning on watching RDCT and F!. It also sucked when I watch WoC that night when it was drenching and some people just bailed because of the weather. It was

The crowds on Monday during Presidents Day was one of the busiest days that I have ever seen in my life. If POTC line was already towards the HM entrance area, I can tell that it was crowded that whole day. It was also weird that HM was also closed that day. I remember that it was open for about 20 minutes in the afternoon, than everyone was force out of the queue. Talk about a bad day for HM. I don't know what happen after 3pm, but someone has to confirm that. Maybe Michele (Kaoden39) who is there right now can confirm this if it reopened yesterday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funball View Post
Make sure you ad in the part on how we got stuck inside the animation buidling from the rain!
Hey Sara. But of course, as you already know when ever I walk during my visit I always get a picture down my trail. I can't forget about that when I got a corn dog at Award Wiener's and we had to run over to the Animation Building when it was drenching that night. I have the pics when we were walking over tot eh Animation Building when it rained. Whoops, I shouldn't be saying this because it is part of the TR. Oh Well, I discus part of my TR that day.

I will get to my TR later today since I have to do some business.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #600
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – February 19, 2011 – Part 2

Day 1 – February 19, 2011 – Part 2

My DB and I have got back home safely around midnight last night. We left Irvine around 4pm and it took 8 hours to get home. Which is 1 1/2 hours more than usual since we got caught in traffic in the LA area. I told him that I wanted to get out early so we can avoid the traffic. But in the end, we got home safely.

I finally uploaded all my photos from my trip this weekend. I will be uploading The Magic, The Memories, and You! tomorrow when I get to my work. So skiingfast, just wait till tomorrow when I upload it to my youtube account. I know that you have been looking forward to this when I announced my trip to DL earlier this month when my DB is going to LA to be with his GF.

Now lets get started with the TR that I have left off on Sunday.

I left off around the boarder area around CC and than head on around the park to looks for more signs around the area and to do the heart quest. It couldn't find too many hearts on the short walk. But actually, I was just looking for signs instead of the hearts so it took me awhile to remember to do the heart quest.

Also that Mardi Gras was this week and they had some colorful cloths around the walkway. This was the area where they will be having Mardi Gras instead of the Festival Arena which I had thought it would be. But I should have known that it would be at NOS that at the Festival Arena.

It is really quiet right at the ROA.

I than walked the back way of Frontierland so I can look around and find any signs that I have forgot on my last trip. I was kind of surprise that I didn't take any pics of the signs on my walk towards Frontierland.

BTMRR

Than after leaving Frontierland back side, I was in FL and I just kept walking around the park which I am now regretting for not going around and looking for signs and hearts.

FL was quiet

PP already at 20 min wait time in the morning

Than I got to Tomorrowland and the next thing I did was look around Tomorrowland and saw the construction walls around ST which they were finally working on the outside.

ST under construction

After taking pictures around TL, I than went on BLAB. I can't believe that I haven't rode on it during my last trip especially with the Sign Quest. So I got on and I only had 923,200 points. This is a good score for a lot of people, but it was not good to me. It is okay to me, but it is not good to those good people who average 1.5 million a game.

Than I left TL and had to take some pics around the area and more pics of the front entrance of ST that is under construction.

I than head on back to NOS to go on the DLRR so I can see CC which is closed to the public since it is under construction. Also NOS was decorated with Mardi Gras around the whole area. It is nice with all the decorations around the area.

When I got on the NOS station, I was waiting for the train and I got to ride on the Ward Kimball Engine #5 with Holiday 2 car set. This car set has the freight car type with the caboose.

When we got to CC, it was very interesting to see this land closed during the off-season. In only got this side since I was concentrating the front. But I did get the back side. But that will be another time when I write my TR.

Mark Twain down the river

I kept riding on the Ward Kimball toward TL station, but I also had to get some pics of different on the way.

Than I got off the DLR and was back in Tomorrowland. I will write the next of my TR tomorrow. Thx for keeping track of my TR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: