Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #31
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

You can reload 110 film casettes with 16mm film. I've not done it, but instructions are pretty easy to find online.

My dad handed the Pentax 110 down to me when I went to Washington DC in junior high, which was in the late 80's, so film was abundant still. But it was shelved for many years and I didn't really appreciate how unique it is until the last few years.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #32
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

What I distinctly remember about the 110 camera my parents had was that we got it spefically for a Disney roadtrip and I actually got to use it (as long as I bought the film). The family camera before that was a Kodak brownie of some type that used single use flash bulbs. I wasn't allowed to use that camera as I was a bit indiscriminate in my shooting back then (as now ).

Hey folks, still waiting on some pinhole scans...

Could use some dreamy photos around now!

cpbjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #33
Bstanley
DisNoid

OK, so it's not a Pentax 110 (I still have my eye on a Kit with all the lenses on Ebay so we'll see in a couple of days), but I just bought my first 110 film camera:

Old 02-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #34
AlbertZeroK
Mouseketeer

I'm almost ready to do all the film I want! The dark room is almost ready.

AlbertZeroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #35
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Oldies from Nikon FM 2 (Still have the camera in mint condition and cannot bear to part with it!)

Last edited by Pooh2; 02-22-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #36
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstanley View Post
OK, so it's not a Pentax 110 (I still have my eye on a Kit with all the lenses on Ebay so we'll see in a couple of days), but I just bought my first 110 film camera:

Ooooh! Nice find! And the film is still fresh in its foil pouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK View Post
I'm almost ready to do all the film I want! The dark room is almost ready.

You are braver than me! Never been in a darkroom myself, but I understand there is some funky stuff going on in there, especially developing with household products. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the room!

And Pooh2, some very cute shots! Thanks for sharing those!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Still searching for a medium format camera. Starting to consider the low tech alternatives again given the lack of reasonable priced TLRs around (which is what I would like). Thinking about the Diana F+ from those Lomography folks, but I think I will hold off a bit longer to see if a TLR comes up locally. In the meantime, I still have my Fisheye toy to share some shots from:

A night at the "Local" both shot on Bulb at about 4 seconds each using 400ISO film. I used my "sunny 16" table to give me the shutter and the turned out pretty good (exposure wise)

Couple from sledding last weekend on an overcast day.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #38
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Little bump

Fell all the way to page 7! In any event, just wanted to share my recent ebay acquisition (photo courtesy the vendor, waltcanon):

I will be picking it up tomorrow and I am just trying to decide whether the first roll should be colour or black and white

In the meantime, here is a recent picture using the Lomography Fisheye 2

Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #39
AlbertZeroK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbjgc View Post
Fell all the way to page 7! In any event, just wanted to share my recent ebay acquisition (photo courtesy the vendor, waltcanon):

I will be picking it up tomorrow and I am just trying to decide whether the first roll should be colour or black and white

In the meantime, here is a recent picture using the Lomography Fisheye 2

I just got back a roll of 220 E-6 (Slide Film) Color and let me tell you, if that doesn't make you love film, nothing will. It's a positive film so just hold it up to the light and you see everything in it's amazement!!

If you don't know, you can send 120 and 220 film in through wal-mart. Here in va, it goes to Fuji's SC plant, then to Dwaynes. I just paid $4.88 to get a roll of 220 E-6 Chrome developed, but it takes 2 weeks. A roll of 220 C-41 with prints was less than $4. But beware, I've had rolls come back unprocessed with light leaks from where they unrolled them and frames missing - the processing is not high quality. But now I have a Jobo, so I don't send anything off anymore.
AlbertZeroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #40
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Thanks for the processing tips - I will check with Walmart and Costco here. THere is a store close to my work that will process it, but I am not adverse to saving some cash if I can.

I picked up my Ricohflex Model VI - looks to be in very nice shape with nice clean lenses and viewfinder, but it needs a good CLA and the shutter is dead Got it in to the local shop and should have it back by the end of the week with a 1 year warranty . I have my roll of Ilford HP5 Plus 400 ready for action once I get it back.

In the meantime I will be cleaning up the various accessories that came with it: a 35mm film case, Proxar No. 1 close up lens kit, yellow filter, lens hood for the taking lens and some other stuff I am still trying to figure out .

One more scanned fisheye print of our DVC Home to keep things flowing!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #41
photo_chick

Holga 120S
Ilford Delta 100

Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #42
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Nice shot Danielle! I quite like the shapes and lines in the composition!

Another fisheye film shot while waiting on the Ricohflex.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #43
photo_chick

Thanks. You never quite know what you'll end up with when you use a Holga, so some of that composition is blind luck.

Nice use of the fish on EE. I'm too busy being terrified of heights to get the camera out at all on there.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #44
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

I know what you mean about the composition with the "toy" cameras. The Fisheye that I have doesn't even have a viewfinder, it has a "viewfinder attachment" that slides into the flash shoe and bears such little resemblance to the final shot that I don't even bother with it most times.

Here's another from that little EE ride. You can get some fun shots out of it when the light is good.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #45
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears

Emerging from the depths...

Grain Grubbers arise again! I have now done 2 rolls of film with my "new" TLR (it was manufactured about 7 years before I was born):

One B&W (the "learning roll" ) and one colour. Thought I would share some of the colour shots. All the shots were taken using tripod and a cable release. All shots were 1/100 with the first two at F16 and the last F11 (relying on the sunny 16 rule for esposure ). These were scanned with an Epson Perfection V500.:

I am VERY happy with the images, but it is a slooooow camera - fastest shutter speed is 1/100. Also, a bit of vignetting at F16, but not too bad. I would really like to try some portraits, but need to find the right time (my daughter will still smile for the camera, and I think I can get her to sit still for 1/100 of a second if I catch her at the right time ).

Thanks for looking!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: