Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
It's sad that your reviews are coming to an end! I've enjoyed checking in every day to see your posts. One question though. You mentioned that you purchased 2 refillable mugs. I thought all of the dining plans included a free mug per person? At least any plan I've been on it's been included. So I'm just wondering if they have different plans when you're an international traveler.

Thanks so much for your dedication in keeping up with your daily updates!
This system has changed now. You only receive a mug on the QSDP and the DxDDP (And I guess you would receive it on those really expensive plans too), but no mug on the regular DDP. I think this stopped perhaps one or two years ago? Not too sure.

I'm not sure what the international situation is, as far as I know it's only the UK that get their own deals for travel, in Australia we have to book through the US site and pay with US dollars, not such a bad thing considering our awesome exchange rate!

So perhaps when you take the DDP on your next trip you will have to purchase the mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
thanks for great reviews, ive enjoyed reading them

I must remember the tip about just getting 2 large drinks and then a bottled drink for the other meal.
Thanks for reading! I think the drinks tip is one of my favourites because TBH you still get plenty of drink with your meal and you've got some water to have later on instead of having to spend a snack credit on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your conclusion on the DDP and it's cost vs value was great, fine job with the math. I had to smile reading about your first "real" breakfast. We are doing the DxDP which seems like it is going to be so much food but we are "Breakfast" people when on vacation and love to start our day with a nice TS breakfast and we want to try so many new places this trip mostly in Epcot for lunch or dinner we will be doing our best to eat 3 meals a day.
DH can really put the food away but me not so much so should be interesting. We have never done the DP before at all so looking forward to having it all pre-paid and just paying tips during the trip. No looking at the prices and feeling guilty if I want to order one of the more expensive items.
Thank You for all the great reviews !
3 meals a day?!?! Wow you're scaring me too!

Have you considered perhaps doing just two meals, a TS brekkie/early lunch and then one of those signature 2TS places for dinner on some of the days as a bit of a reprieve? I think if we did the DxDDP that's all we could handle!

And it really does feel liberating to be able to go into a restaurant and just choose whatever you want no matter what the price. This was probably my favourite part, as I would rarely go for the most expensive option if not for the DDP. The only problem was afterwards when we went to Las Vegas and Mexico, I found myself looking at the expensive options again but no DDP there!

And thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
Thank you for the great reviews.You have given us so many wonderful tips.I loved your report.
Thanks for reading!

2002: Disneyland and Californian Adventure - Offsite
2006: WDW - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2007: Disneyland Resort Paris - Disney's Sequoia Lodge
2008: Tokyo Disney Resort - Hilton @ Tokyo Disney Resort
2010: HK Disneyland - Offsite
2010: WDW - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
counter service, dining plan, holidays, snacks, table service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: