Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #526
Timon

DIS Junkie

Arr-cade

I did not play any of these games, nor did I spend more than a minute in here so I can't give you any reviews but I did what I do best...took pictures

It is located on the starboard side of the ship, just outside of the entrance to Cabana's.

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #527
Timon

DIS Junkie

D Lounge

I remember when I first got my hands on the Dream deck plans...I poured over every inch and was excited with each new name I came across...then I read the name D Lounge and The District Lounge and thought to myself...REALLY? I mean come on, you can't be a little more original? Especially since these 2 rooms are VERY close to one another

I totally thought that once on board I may just mix them up since the names are so similar but once I saw them, well, there was really no mixing them up in the least bit!

I actually fell in love with both of these rooms I like lights...heck, I am married to a DJ after all And both these rooms have wicked lights!!

I especially love D Lounge because the lights change! Depending on what is going on in the room, the mood changes because the lights change. And there are lights everywhere!!! Basically, the outside walls are lights

I walked by many times and saw many different versions of this room. I also loved the open wall of windows as you are walking by so that you can see what is going on in there.

I thought I took way more photos than what I actually did Here are some pics of the room, empty and being used for different things. Wish I had more cus I really loved that space!

Dining ressies on the first day

You can cook seminar

Jeff Civillico family show

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #528
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
Cass,

Just letting you know I'm still reading and enjoying your posts. I had a long response going to a bunch of your posts and somehow it all got lost when I tried to reply. I didn't have the energy to do it all again.

I agree with your assessment of the Princess Line-up. Those other Princesses don't have a bunch to do while the first photos are being taken, but I really like the format as it allows you to only have to stand in one line and get all the visits out of the way. I saw them do this for the first time on the Wonder and really thought it was efficient. I'm glad they're doing it on the other ships.
Hi Steve Sorry you lost your post....I know what that's like! Glad to know you are reading still....this report is awfully long But I am almost done

Yeah, I like the set-up with the princesses too, one line just like at the Magic Kingdom
Old 02-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #529
Princess Fairy
Earning My Ears

Princess Sightings

Hello. I am new to Dis Board and loved the information on Disney Dream. Definately helpful. Just wondering if you saw any Princesses on the cruise. I have looked though what seems thousands of pictures and have not seen which Princesses are on the cruises. My dd is Princess crazy. Thanks.
Princess Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #530
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Fairy View Post
Hello. I am new to Dis Board and loved the information on Disney Dream. Definately helpful. Just wondering if you saw any Princesses on the cruise. I have looked though what seems thousands of pictures and have not seen which Princesses are on the cruises. My dd is Princess crazy. Thanks.
I just wrote about the Princess Gathering about 30 minutes ago

You can find that post here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post40010949

All of the chapters are indexed in the very first post if you are looking for something in particular

Welcome to the DIS
Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #531
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Loving your report! Just booked for the Fantasy for next year (can't swing the Dream this year) and cannot wait!

Jill in CO
Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #532
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love the Princess photos. I do hope we get a chance to meet them while onboard. I have so many plans, and not nearly enough time
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #533
sheryl921
Earning My Ears

Just add me to the list of people who absolutely LOVE reading your trip report! Thank you so much for giving us so much detail!! We still have way too long to wait before we get to see everything for ourselves--I may have to go back and start reading this thread again from the beginning to hold me over...
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #534
MamaPotts
Mouseketeer

Cass, "thank you" doesn't begin to cut it. Really appreciate the pics, the time you've spent writing the reports, etc. This is truly a top rate report!

THANK YOU!

P.S. Is the family cabana really $500 for the day?

MamaPotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #535
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Ok, now for a little venting from me....(AEP thing, not DCL thing)

So you can just imagine how pissed I was!! I followed her all the way down as far as I could in the hopes of getting a shot of her face to specifically post it here in the hopes that she would see it and it would irritate her.

Never did find out which agency she was with so I could write a nice letter to the owner

Do I seem a little bitter to you?? LOL!
You said you would do it (post the pic of her from behind), and you did! I knew you were definitely determined! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
Wave Phones? I thought that was the TV remote!!
That was HILARIOUS!
I still remember seeing the hand signs being flung over onto our balcony. That was funny!

Quote:
I still laugh about that, you know Michelle asked me if I was going to post about that but I told her that it was your story to tell

But thanks for the laugh...OMG, I hadn't laughed so hard in soooo long!!!

If I ever go on another AEP, will you come with???
I agree, it just wouldn't be the same without Deb!

Quote:

I have not even begun to work on my video...that will be after I am all done the trippie
I am SOO excited for that!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #536
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

Quote:

LOL - you have a picture of me getting my picture taken. You boarded right behind me.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #537
teachermom
Mouseketeer

quick question

I have really enjoyed reading your report and just love the photos! I have quick question... Do all the state rooms have mini fridges or just the concierge level? Than you for your help!
teachermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #538
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
I have really enjoyed reading your report and just love the photos! I have quick question... Do all the state rooms have mini fridges or just the concierge level? Than you for your help!
They all do.
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #539
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Quote:
Arr-cade

Oh nooooo, you did NOT just show me the Dream has a combo Pac-man/Galaga machine.

Well I'm in trouble now!

What can I say, I don't play video games...not even really our Wii. But I ROCKED the Galaga back in the day (especially the table-top Galaga it seemed every pizza place in the 80's had). I may just have to stop in and see if I've still got the moves. Teach some humility to a few 10 year olds.

Now if only they had Pole Position...
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #540
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Hi Cass, I'm a newbie here but already know that you are a person who I could really be friends with! Thank you for your TR and all the details! On a personal note, I know a bit about health scares as I have Fibromyalgia & SLE and had a scare similar to yours last Oct. Anyway, I have a website that I find really cool that you might enjoy about coping with our chronic diseases. Keep up the great work, take care of yourself and happiness always!

www.chronicbabe.com

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: