Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #196
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I love, love, LOVE the Morcco Pav!!! I think I spent nearly a half hour in there last time wandering around. I'll be back later----- after US round number 2.
Best wishes with that.

If anyone offers you a Chiclet on the way, politely decline.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #197
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

So, I've been wondering why you're not posting.... All caught up now! I love how you got to spend quality time with each of your kids - time well spent for sure. Marlene's beret is really stylin'! Too bad no one would answer the phone. Thanks for those numbers, they could be alot of fun - I'm thinking a slumber party game for some grown women on a dismeet
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #198
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

enjoyed the update, and i can already understand your words at the end,

glad you enjoyed your time with each kid.

next time you go the picture should be of you sitting on the fountain with a newspaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
0 Judy's and one very lame attempt to doctor a picture, which is NOT finding Judy somewhere in the confines of a scene captured by the photograph!

Judy posing - yes! Judy somewhere in the crowd - yes! Reflections of Judy in a glass table top - yes! Judy in a video game - yes! Judy parts somewhere in the edge of a picture - yes!

All of these actually occurred because Judy was present when the picture was taken! Edited into a picture that Judy was nowhere near is NOT finding a Judy!

SHAME on YOU!!!
i totally agree with you marv, just glad you typed it first so glenn could understand it without any spelling mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
This all sounds like a bunch of sour grapes from someone who was just plain too slow.
well looks like you have to add another sour grape to that party, hope you dont plan on serving wine.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #199
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This all sounds like a bunch of sour grapes from someone who was just plain too slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i totally agree with you marv, just glad you typed it first so glenn could understand it without any spelling mistakes.

well looks like you have to add another sour grape to that party, hope you dont plan on serving wine.
Nope, no sour grapes here. I just don't think that fits any of the criteria used to spot a Judy in the pictures for the rest of the contest, which has to be an actual Judy, Judy part or Judy reflection. So I still say there were actually 0 Judy's in your update, as I pointed out! If someone that posted before me (and there were many) had said zero, I would have sided with them (even if that had been Molly's answer).

I was on the DIS boards but slow had nothing to do with it. Matthew called to give me an update on his meeting with the Naval Rear Admiral for selecting job openings (vessel type) and locations when he goes into the Navy after graduation. I wouldn't have been in the fray, regardless.

I still call bogus and Molly is still entitled to the point on a technicality! She was the first to respond to what she saw. That's not her fault......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #200
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm thinking you've hit the tail on the donkey!!!
It was actually in San Antonio oeoeoooo.

Doh!!!! of course it was.

Quote:
Now I'm thinking it's a wonder that Pat found you. Hopefully she didn't have to ask for directions-o from any Spanish speaking people.
Amazing isn't it??? I get on a plane it takes me places. I had been in Houston that spring and then connected through Houston again to San Antonio. I guess I had Houston on the brain.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #201
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Okay, first I see this picture and just about die at the look on your face. Priceless! But then, I read a bit more and see THIS picture

Quote:
I'm sitting here laughing my bum off!!! That is hilarious Glenn....oh my god. Too funny....
Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #202
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So, I've been wondering why you're not posting.... All caught up now! I love how you got to spend quality time with each of your kids - time well spent for sure. Marlene's beret is really stylin'! Too bad no one would answer the phone. Thanks for those numbers, they could be alot of fun - I'm thinking a slumber party game for some grown women on a dismeet
Sorry Tammie! But I'm glad you found your way over. Just this morning I was looking at the list of who's posted and noticed a couple of regulars who haven't appeared yet...you were one that I noticed. Maybe I should give a heads-up.

Yes, those numbers could be great fun from long-distance!

Quote:
enjoyed the update, and i can already understand your words at the end,

glad you enjoyed your time with each kid.
I know you are cherishing the time though.

Quote:
next time you go the picture should be of you sitting on the fountain with a newspaper.

That's a good one! I just may have to do that.

But if you want it authentic, and I'm sure you do....it would be more along the lines of this:

Quote:

Oh pshaw.

Quote:
Nope, no sour grapes here. I just don't think that fits any of the criteria used to spot a Judy in the pictures for the rest of the contest, which has to be an actual Judy, Judy part or Judy reflection. So I still say there were actually 0 Judy's in your update, as I pointed out! If someone that posted before me (and there were many) had said zero, I would have sided with them (even if that had been Molly's answer).
Ah, you left out the Judy's in the computer game, which were computer-generated images of Judy from previously photographed...um, photographs. Which is essentially what these were. The Rules Committee has spoken!

Quote:
I was on the DIS boards but slow had nothing to do with it. Matthew called to give me an update on his meeting with the Naval Rear Admiral for selecting job openings (vessel type) and locations when he goes into the Navy after graduation. I wouldn't have been in the fray, regardless.
Wishing Matt good luck on getting a good assignment.

Quote:
I still call bogus and Molly is still entitled to the point on a technicality! She was the first to respond to what she saw. That's not her fault......
Oh, let's make it her fault anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Doh!!!! of course it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Amazing isn't it??? I get on a plane it takes me places. I had been in Houston that spring and then connected through Houston again to San Antonio. I guess I had Houston on the brain.
That's a common problem for you jet-setting high-society types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Okay, first I see this picture and just about die at the look on your face. Priceless! But then, I read a bit more and see THIS picture

I'm sitting here laughing my bum off!!! That is hilarious Glenn....oh my god. Too funny....
Amazing how I could strike the same exact pose on two separate occasions huh?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #203
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, let's make it her fault anyway.
Oh there you go!!!! Finding perfectly suitable common ground again!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #205
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Okay, with the nice and innocent picture out of the way, and our company in the Fez House gone, it was time! I handed my camera off to Marlene and turned to the fountain. She looked through the viewfinder and exclaimed, “DAD!” After her initial shock, she dutifully but reluctantly played along.

I had no idea this was a DIS "tradition", so this is the first time I've seen this gag. Holy cow, that's funny!

Quote:
Then we walked beyond the restaurant and saw another neat mosaic tile design with a photopass photographer standing beside it with nothing to do. She offered to take our picture and we gladly accepted.
The tile work in Morocco is awesome.

Quote:
Wow! They were fantastic! While we listened, all I could think was how Judy would love to hear them, so they rocketed to the top of the “must do” list for if/when the rest of the family made it to the World Showcase.
Yep, Voices of Liberty are awesome, too. Did the singer catch you looking at him like that?

Quote:
Remember that memory card of Marlene’s that I found a while ago, with some Disney pictures on it, but a lot of pictures of her doing fashion shows in her room and her doorknob and other exciting things. Yeah, it was that memory card.
But like I said before, I'm sure it was a very interesting doorknob.

Quote:
Of course I took the requisite picture of the ceiling.
I seem to recall a similar picture somewhere... yours is centered better, though.

Quote:
“There she was just a-walkin’ down the street, singin’…”

(Good luck getting that out of your head now!)
Oh, it could be worse. Much, much worse. I never noticed Smilley the Terra Cotta Warrior before, though.

P.S. It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... (See?)

Quote:
I said that she needed to look meaner, and it looked like I needed to use the flash, so we tried again. Here’s her mean face.
Hmm. I'd just call that "pouty".

Quote:
Although unplanned, I was able to spend some one-on-one time with each child at some point during the trip: James at DHS getting Star Wars autographs, Lauren at DHS and our coconut run to the Polynesian, and now with Marlene in the World Showcase. I’m beginning to realize how quickly the time goes as I watch my children grow, and I hope that when they’re older they’ll look fondly back at moments like these.
....I know I will.

Amazing how much kids light up when they get that one-on-one time with Dad. Makes you feel adored...and a certain weight of responsibility at the same time.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #206
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Yes, those numbers could be great fun from long-distance!

And because your DISMeet hostess had unlimited long distance () we could actually DO that!!!! After a bottle or 2 of wine or those tasty homemade GG slushies.... we'll see what other kinds of good fun we can have.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #207
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Best wishes with that.

If anyone offers you a Chiclet on the way, politely decline.
Ok, so I gotta wonder, how is brushng one's teeth/gagging in the morning any different?? Just sayin'

Thanks for the good wishes! I am back, and although he says it looks healthy, I dont' know how they're going to explain the pain of the US wand touching my belly?? Surgeon on Monday- we'lll see.... I can say, I finally took one of the scrips the doc ordered for pain (hydrocodone??) and had the best night's sleep I've had in MONTHS!!!! WOW!! No back pain, no gall bladder pain, just sweet, long rest.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #208
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
That's a good one! I just may have to do that.

But if you want it authentic, and I'm sure you do....it would be more along the lines of this:

that would be good, im sure there are a bunch of good "JOHN" books that you could take with you.

the tricky part would be to time it with out anyone there so you could get your pants down for the picture without anyone noticing.

or were you thinking of leaving them up.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 02-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #209
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Thanks for the good wishes! I am back, and although he says it looks healthy, I dont' know how they're going to explain the pain of the US wand touching my belly?? Surgeon on Monday- we'lll see.... I can say, I finally took one of the scrips the doc ordered for pain (hydrocodone??) and had the best night's sleep I've had in MONTHS!!!! WOW!! No back pain, no gall bladder pain, just sweet, long rest.
Ugh. So they have no idea why you are in pain?

Glad the meds work though!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #210
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm not sure if I should be proud or offended that when you think of Morroco you think of me and urinals.
I can't realy complain because when I think of shrimp with poop sacks..I think of you.
I guess I've left my own legacy at Disney World.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: