Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #496
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Castaway Cay Part 3

Aw Sha, that's sweet!

One thing though, Cajun is spelled with a C, not a K......oh....wait...you were probably talking about Kira, huh?.....Nevermind

Seriously, Cass, your pictures of Castaway Cay are fantastic, thanks for sharing!
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #497
bombygriz
CATS now and forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ok - so i don't understand something.

you can be 38" to ride the fast slides at CC but you have to be 48" to ride the much slower slide on the ship???

am i missing something about the slide on the ship? why do you have to be 10 inches taller to ride it?

If you're 38" you have to ride with a life jacket. On the AquaDuck I suspect that they didn't want to deal with those.
bombygriz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #498
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Loved your report...started reading at about 6p.m. and read until now!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #499
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

: cool1:

Is it wrong that my favorite part is the pick of the lady with the black cover up walking away ........ Great story! I would have ran in front of her - but I'm immature like that....
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #500
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Another fab installment Cass

Tell me theres still more!????
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #501
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

BEAUTIFUL pictures!
I love your story....and to help make you feel better, she looks horrid from behind!

I have a questionfor you about bring your SLR on the island. Would you do that if you were going to be playing with your family? I'm trying to decide if I want to bring ours on the island, or just leave it in the room and bring my P&S only? For one I don't want to get sand in it. But also, I am worried about when I am in the water if it will be safe at our chair...even though I will have it in the camera bag and probably covered.
I do want to get some good shots though too.
Also, where are the life jackets at on CC. My DD might want to use one, and if she tries the slides, she is 47 and 3/4 inches right now. (we hope she grows just a tad more so she can ride the Aquaduck)
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #502
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
: cool1:

Is it wrong that my favorite part is the pick of the lady with the black cover up walking away ........ Great story! I would have ran in front of her - but I'm immature like that....
Well, I must be too PD, because I thought that was hilarious!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #503
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ok - so i don't understand something.

you can be 38" to ride the fast slides at CC but you have to be 48" to ride the much slower slide on the ship???

am i missing something about the slide on the ship? why do you have to be 10 inches taller to ride it?
I dunno But yeah, I think maybe it has to do with the lifejacket issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun28 View Post
Aw Sha, that's sweet!

One thing though, Cajun is spelled with a C, not a K......oh....wait...you were probably talking about Kira, huh?.....Nevermind

Seriously, Cass, your pictures of Castaway Cay are fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Loved your report...started reading at about 6p.m. and read until now!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear more!!
Oh wow, you are dedicated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Is it wrong that my favorite part is the pick of the lady with the black cover up walking away ........ Great story! I would have ran in front of her - but I'm immature like that.... :
LOL, wish you were with me then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Another fab installment Cass

Tell me theres still more!????
You're not getting rid of me that easy hun!! Still a few more chapters to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
BEAUTIFUL pictures!
I love your story....and to help make you feel better, she looks horrid from behind!

I have a questionfor you about bring your SLR on the island. Would you do that if you were going to be playing with your family? I'm trying to decide if I want to bring ours on the island, or just leave it in the room and bring my P&S only? For one I don't want to get sand in it. But also, I am worried about when I am in the water if it will be safe at our chair...even though I will have it in the camera bag and probably covered.
I do want to get some good shots though too.
Also, where are the life jackets at on CC. My DD might want to use one, and if she tries the slides, she is 47 and 3/4 inches right now. (we hope she grows just a tad more so she can ride the Aquaduck)
I normally only bring my P&S with me on CC but I didn't even bring it with me on this trip so I had no choice. The only time I didn't have it was when I was doing Pelican Plunge and Michelle watched it for me. I don't think I would bring it if I was spending the whole day at the beach because of the whole sand and water issue. I wouldn't have a huge problem leaving it covered, in a bag, on or under my chair as long as it was still in my sight.

Sorry, I didn't even see where the lifejackets were on CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Well, I must be too PD, because I thought that was hilarious!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #504
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

The private cabanas look awesome! I can't imagine spending an extra $500, though. Well, wait... is there a rule that you can only share it with the people from your stateroom? If you combined a couple of families for a total of say 6 people, that would only be an extra $83 each, not SO bad...

I love that I am already trying to rationalize this. :D

This might be a dumb question, but back in the dark ages when I was last at Castaway Cay, you could rent blue floaty mats to lay around on in the water, but I don't see any in your pics. Have those been totally replaced by the clear tubes? That would make me sad!

Thanks for all the time you're putting into sharing the ship with us!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
WDW Poly Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #505
ESN
DIS Veteran

I am a bit disoriented as to the new layout at CC

Where is the Pelican Plunge relative to the older in water jungle gym style stucture ? Is it closer to the ship - or out past where Heads up Bar is?

I am a bit disoriented -- can you help?

Amazing photos and TR btw - Thanks
ESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #506
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Poly Princess View Post

This might be a dumb question, but back in the dark ages when I was last at Castaway Cay, you could rent blue floaty mats to lay around on in the water, but I don't see any in your pics. Have those been totally replaced by the clear tubes? That would make me sad!

Thanks for all the time you're putting into sharing the ship with us!
Hmmm, I didn't see any of those blue mats but I hardly spent any time on the beaches at all so I am not the one to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESN View Post
I am a bit disoriented as to the new layout at CC

Where is the Pelican Plunge relative to the older in water jungle gym style stucture ? Is it closer to the ship - or out past where Heads up Bar is?

I am a bit disoriented -- can you help?

Amazing photos and TR btw - Thanks
Sure, I can help!

I felt a little disoriented myself actually, which is easy to do since there is a whole new beach area now!! Also, it really messed me up because the tram let us off at the new Pelican Plunge tram stop and not the Scuttle's Cove Stop which I am used to! Took me a bit to figure it all out

The Pelican Plunge is located on the new beach which is past the Family Beach, as you would know it....past Heads Up Bar.

Here is a map they left in our room....

I believe the new beach is located where the old teen beach was and the big climbing structure is still at that first (family) beach
Old 02-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #507
ESN
DIS Veteran

awesome - Thanks!

Now I get it -- did not realize they had added that area

Map helps a lot - and thank you so much for the prompt response!
ESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #508
Timon

DIS Junkie

Outlook

There is a very hidden space on deck 14 called Outlook...I heard it is where they will be holding weddings so I took some photos for you all It is a very beautiful space and very secluded!

The coolest thing was the view! You have great views of the the QC area...you can see in the pics the entrance to the forward elevator area (concierge access on deck 12) as well as the great smoking area on deck 13

Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #509
disnerdiest
Earning My Ears

Hi Cass, what kind of camera did you use to take these pictures?

I've been following this trip report for like 2 weeks now, my family all huddle around the computer whenever you post new pics. Thanks so much for this awesome report!
disnerdiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #510
Timon

DIS Junkie

Buccaneer Blast AKA Pirate Party

I love the Pirate Party on the Magic but I must say that I was a little disappointed in the Dream version.

They had a short little party for the younger ones at 8pm but we were still at Palo so we missed that. We got to deck 12 about 30 minutes before the party started and it was PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Like, barely can move around packed!!

I grabbed a spot on the stairs up under the Aquaduck stairs which had a great view of the party but sucked a little for the fireworks.

Mostly, the party consisted of Captain Jack running around avoiding capture and then the fireworks started. The fireworks were awesome and then the talking skull came on the big screen and Club Pirate started, which ended up being just some music being played.

Maybe my expectations were too high, being a new ship with great new technology...I thought they would do something really cool.

I taped most of it so I was only able to take a few pics...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: