Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #11
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Let's just set sail already...

So after checking out the room and having no luggage to unpack, we quickly became bored and decided to explore the ship some more.

We stopped by guest services to drop off my wooden initials to get autographed. It only took five minutes of me trying to explain to the cast member why I was dropping off the letters for her lightbulb to go off. As I handed them to her I pretty much figured that was the last I would see of them but luckily the letters were returned to me by the end of the trip.

I'm trying not to be too hard on guest services because I realize most every cast member was basically a newbie but it just felt weird to me that several times on the trip I basically had to explain to a clueless cast member what to do. That being said, they were all super nice to me...well except for the cast member who couldn't put my non-disney visa gift card on my ship account. Her explanation, their system wasn't hi-tech enough for that. Seriously? The ship is covered with paintings that talk but you can't accept a Visa gift card which is essentially a prepaid credit card? Anywho, her customer service skills were a bit lacking but I forgave her. After all I was on a Disney cruise ship.

We walked around for a bit before heading to the Nassau shopping seminar. Yeah we did this in November but what can I say...I am a sucker for free stuff. We were actually just going to grab the coupons and leave but ended up sticking around since the theater was practically empty. I figured we had a good chance to win the raffle prize. Yeah right, I forgot that I rarely win anything. But it was still interesting listening to the shopping lady. Her speech was completely different then the one we heard in December.

After that we headed to the absolutely pointless boat drill.

All they did was line us up beneath the lifeboat as tight as sardines. And let us stand there breathing down our neighbors necks for like 20 minutes. Absolutely no explanations on what to do in case of an emergency situation besides report to this area and listen to the cast members. Right! Like I am going to listen to the clueless cast members, especially the one who told me he had no idea where section M is. Our little pack of sardines got pretty fed up of just standing there and half of the pack just walked off...the cm's just watched them walk off...yeah at that point I was like "Don't worry hubby I can swim if the ship goes down, I'll save you, lets go unpack our luggage."

So we discreetly left with all the other deserters and headed to our room. We unpacked, decorated our door, and headed to the sailaway party.

missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: