Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #46
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Let's just set sail already...

So after checking out the room and having no luggage to unpack, we quickly became bored and decided to explore the ship some more.

We stopped by guest services to drop off my wooden initials to get autographed. It only took five minutes of me trying to explain to the cast member why I was dropping off the letters for her lightbulb to go off. As I handed them to her I pretty much figured that was the last I would see of them but luckily the letters were returned to me by the end of the trip.

I'm trying not to be too hard on guest services because I realize most every cast member was basically a newbie but it just felt weird to me that several times on the trip I basically had to explain to a clueless cast member what to do. That being said, they were all super nice to me...well except for the cast member who couldn't put my non-disney visa gift card on my ship account. Her explanation, their system wasn't hi-tech enough for that. Seriously? The ship is covered with paintings that talk but you can't accept a Visa gift card which is essentially a prepaid credit card? Anywho, her customer service skills were a bit lacking but I forgave her. After all I was on a Disney cruise ship.



We walked around for a bit before heading to the Nassau shopping seminar. Yeah we did this in November but what can I say...I am a sucker for free stuff. We were actually just going to grab the coupons and leave but ended up sticking around since the theater was practically empty. I figured we had a good chance to win the raffle prize. Yeah right, I forgot that I rarely win anything. But it was still interesting listening to the shopping lady. Her speech was completely different then the one we heard in December.



After that we headed to the absolutely pointless boat drill.



All they did was line us up beneath the lifeboat as tight as sardines. And let us stand there breathing down our neighbors necks for like 20 minutes. Absolutely no explanations on what to do in case of an emergency situation besides report to this area and listen to the cast members. Right! Like I am going to listen to the clueless cast members, especially the one who told me he had no idea where section M is. Our little pack of sardines got pretty fed up of just standing there and half of the pack just walked off...the cm's just watched them walk off...yeah at that point I was like "Don't worry hubby I can swim if the ship goes down, I'll save you, lets go unpack our luggage."

So we discreetly left with all the other deserters and headed to our room. We unpacked, decorated our door, and headed to the sailaway party.

__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #47
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperfectmom View Post
Can't wait to hear details from the cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Just found your report... signed up to hear the rest of it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Signing on...loving your trip report so far. Needing a Disney fix...will be needing a cruise by 2012...Dreaming!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2CJ&Kitty View Post
Yay! You are back with another awesome trip report. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for the information - love your style.
Thank you for all the kind comments. I do enjoy sharing our adventures and glad to know people are actually reading!!!
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran
 
Brancaneve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,174

Subbing! Great report! I'm riveted.
__________________
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Brancaneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #49
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

I love your door! We got a pillowcase to get signed. I hope they are a little more together when we drop it off.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears
 
ALMPeters11-11-11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
The Disney Cruise line has a nice little customer service perk that allows guests to drop off items at the front desk that they would like autographed. The items will be returned to the guests by the end of the cruise. Last cruise I had Vinylmation dolls signed. This cruise I finally decided on decorative letters.
I am SO stealing the letters idea when we go on our honeymoon in November!

P.S. Thanks for getting me hooked on DISboards I will definitely be posting my own trip reports from now on!
__________________
"Why is the rum gone?!"

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012

Last edited by ALMPeters11-11-11; 02-18-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Add signature
ALMPeters11-11-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMPeters11-11-11 View Post
I am SO stealing the letters idea when we go on our honeymoon in November!

P.S. Thanks for getting me hooked on DISboards I will definitely be posting my own trip reports from now on!
Your welcome sweetie . I love your Fairytale wedding signature!!!
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #52
CrAzY4DL
Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!
 
CrAzY4DL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 5 hours from DL!
Posts: 648

Can you post instructions for homemade fish extender?? Super cute!!!
__________________
DH Me DD13 DD9 DD2

JylBean's Super Surprise almost 4 years old trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392268

DH & I private DL party
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056896
CrAzY4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #53
ALMPeters11-11-11
Earning My Ears
 
ALMPeters11-11-11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Your welcome sweetie . I love your Fairytale wedding signature!!!
I actually have two tickers, but only that one is showing Maybe posting this reply will make both show
__________________
"Why is the rum gone?!"

Walt Disney World, July 1991 - Walt Disney World, May 1996 - Disneyland, August 1996 - Walt Disney World, July 2005 - Disneyland, May 2006
Disneyland, November 2007 - Disneyland, November 2008 - Disneyland, November 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruise, November 2011
Walt Disney World, December 2011 - Disney Dream Cruise to The Bahamas, November 2012
ALMPeters11-11-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #54
stich626
Mouseketeer
 
stich626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 311

annot wait to hear more.
__________________
Dead Men Tell No Tales

Is it October yet?

stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #55
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY4DL View Post
Can you post instructions for homemade fish extender?? Super cute!!!
Thank you for liking my fish extender. When I first made it I used ribbons to attach the bags to the top heart but the second picture (the one of my door) shows my final FE, which is more compact and no ribbons.

I bought the felt type bags, felt type heart, felt glue, and stickers at Michaels.

I cut the front handles off of the bags (essentially turning them into pockets) and then glued the back handles to the back of the felt of the bag above it. So the bottom bag, the back handles are glued to the bag above it. The top bag's handles are glued to the back of the top heart. With the felt glue, the pockets were very sturdy. I tested it with various heavy items and the glue never gave so I was very happy, no sewing involved at all.

I was even thinking of gluing the stickers on but I never had to because they stuck really well to the felt material and none fell off during packing.

These items were all Valentine themed so I don't know if you could find similar bags at the moment. Maybe with Easter, Michaels will have something similar. The felt bags were very sturdy, much stiffer then normal felt sheets.
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #56
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Sail away party

When we walking around earlier, we ran into Donald waiting for the elevator.



We also waited in line for a picture with Mickey. (I can't remember if that was before or after the party...I think after).



We headed to the party. The party is on deck 11 but we headed to deck 12 so we can watch the party from above. We met up with our disboard group and enjoyed the party. I took lots of pictures but forgot to download any to my photobucket account....Oh well. The party was pretty much just Mickey and the Gang dancing around to various songs. It was nice but once you have seen one sail away party you have pretty much seen them all.

After the show, we grabbed a snack and then headed back to the room to watch the ship leave port.







Our show time was the 7pm show with the 8:30 dining. I love our dining time but I didn't like the show time. There were a couple of 7:15 activites that we couldn't do because of our show time. For our Fantasy cruise next year, we requested the 5 pm show and the 8:30 dining. Hopefully then we won't miss as many activities.

The first night's show was The Golden Micky's.



The show was great with a couple of slight changes from the Wonder show.

__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #57
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

The Royal Palace

After the show, we headed back to our room to change before dinner.





On our last cruise, we asked for a private table. I assumed our travel agent would remember that request but she forgot because when we arrived at the restaurant, we were directed to a table with 2 ladies already sitting down. Hmmmm...I could tell my DH was nervous right off the bat because honestly...he is pretty anti-social. I know shocker with as much as we travel but yeah DH can be a bit of a hermit.

Well our tablemates Tabitha and Rhonda turned out to be a hoot and we got along perfectly. Actually the first night we stayed around talking after dinner for like an hour that I am surprised the restaurant staff didn't kick us out.






Escargots Gratines - herb-marinated snails with finely chopped mushrooms, topped with garlic butter and breadstick


Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp - white and green asparagus, micro greens, and lemon-dill dressing with horseradish cream


Belle's French Onion Soup with gruyere cheese crouton


Royal Palace Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Lobster Medallions - sauteed snow peas and marquis potatoes with a cognac reduction


Grand Marnier Souffle infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise


Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee with Macaroon

Out of all 3 sit-down restaurants, this is my favorite. I would definitely repeat this one if given the chance. The only thing I didn't like was Princesses walk around but they only stop at tables with children. Since I do not have children I felt left out, especially since Aurora was walking around that night and she is my fave Princess. I was very very surprised that the Princesses only visited children. When you eat at a character dining restaurant at Walt Disney World, the characters stop at each table...even if you don't have children. Anyway, that is my only complaint.

Our servers were awesome and we did not experience any undo waiting for our meals.

After chatting with our very entertaining tablemates, we finally left around 10:30. DH and I headed back to the room to grab our FE gifts and distribute them throughout the ship. I do enjoy delivering the gifts...it is fun to see how everyone decorates their doors...plus it is good exercise after such a filling meal.
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
Evan&Kimberly
Kim&Evan
 
Evan&Kimberly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
After the show, we headed back to our room to change before dinner.





On our last cruise, we asked for a private table. I assumed our travel agent would remember that request but she forgot because when we arrived at the restaurant, we were directed to a table with 2 ladies already sitting down. Hmmmm...I could tell my DH was nervous right off the bat because honestly...he is pretty anti-social. I know shocker with as much as we travel but yeah DH can be a bit of a hermit.

Well our tablemates Tabitha and Rhonda turned out to be a hoot and we got along perfectly. Actually the first night we stayed around talking after dinner for like an hour that I am surprised the restaurant staff didn't kick us out.






Escargots Gratines - herb-marinated snails with finely chopped mushrooms, topped with garlic butter and breadstick


Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp - white and green asparagus, micro greens, and lemon-dill dressing with horseradish cream


Belle's French Onion Soup with gruyere cheese crouton


Royal Palace Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Lobster Medallions - sauteed snow peas and marquis potatoes with a cognac reduction


Grand Marnier Souffle infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise


Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee with Macaroon

Out of all 3 sit-down restaurants, this is my favorite. I would definitely repeat this one if given the chance. The only thing I didn't like was Princesses walk around but they only stop at tables with children. Since I do not have children I felt left out, especially since Aurora was walking around that night and she is my fave Princess. I was very very surprised that the Princesses only visited children. When you eat at a character dining restaurant at Walt Disney World, the characters stop at each table...even if you don't have children. Anyway, that is my only complaint.

Our servers were awesome and we did not experience any undo waiting for our meals.

After chatting with our very entertaining tablemates, we finally left around 10:30. DH and I headed back to the room to grab our FE gifts and distribute them throughout the ship. I do enjoy delivering the gifts...it is fun to see how everyone decorates their doors...plus it is good exercise after such a filling meal.


Excellent reviews and I am so sorry that the princesses didnít stop at your table; I think that I would have asked the waiter if they could arrange a stop by the big kids table. Did you see any of the children taking pics with the princesses at dinner or is it just a hi and bye sort of thing?
__________________
Evan&Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #59
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,096

trip report

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
When we walking around earlier, we ran into Donald waiting for the elevator.



We also waited in line for a picture with Mickey. (I can't remember if that was before or after the party...I think after).



We headed to the party. The party is on deck 11 but we headed to deck 12 so we can watch the party from above. We met up with our disboard group and enjoyed the party. I took lots of pictures but forgot to download any to my photobucket account....Oh well. The party was pretty much just Mickey and the Gang dancing around to various songs. It was nice but once you have seen one sail away party you have pretty much seen them all.

After the show, we grabbed a snack and then headed back to the room to watch the ship leave port.







Our show time was the 7pm show with the 8:30 dining. I love our dining time but I didn't like the show time. There were a couple of 7:15 activites that we couldn't do because of our show time. For our Fantasy cruise next year, we requested the 5 pm show and the 8:30 dining. Hopefully then we won't miss as many activities.

The first night's show was The Golden Micky's.



The show was great with a couple of slight changes from the Wonder show.

Loving your trip report thanks for sharing Donald looks so cute in that outfit
Tanzanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #60
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh
 
tigger2on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
We also checked out the adult club area: The District. It was very cool but kind of confusing. All of the clubs are connected so you walk thru one to get to another and then somehow it loops around. It is like a freakin maze, a very pretty looking maze but still a little confusing when you have had one too many cocktails .

I do recommend checking out the clubs after lunch because it was so cool to walk thru the empty clubs, especially if you like to take photos.













So after walking thru the empty clubs we decide to see if our room is ready but it still wasn't 1:30 yet. We waited near the stairs with 50 other impatient guests. I recognized Disboarder Denise's husband and one of her children. They had been riding the Aquaduck since boarding...very smart of them by avoiding the crowds but also very brave because it was kind of chilly out.

DH and I were still debating whether we were even going to ride the Aquaduck or not because DH is not a big water person. I use to be a big time swimmer when I was younger (swimteam, lifeguard, etc.) but now all I can think about what a pain it is to get my hair wet in a pool. I would have to take another shower, re-do my hair, blah blah blah...I am such an old woman, LOL.

So about 1:35 we were finally allowed to our rooms. So after walking the hallway forever, we found our room, at the very end of the six floor, Aft. Yep we were at the back of the boat. At first we were like what the heck but by the end of the cruise we loved our room and the exercise involved getting to our room, LOL.



Our room, which pretty much looks just like our room on the Wonder with a few nice differences...plenty of room under the bed for the suitcases...and no annoying ticking clock...instead the annoying ticking clock is replaced with an annoying bright night-light clock. I resisted the urge to throw the brightest- clock-I-have-ever-seen overboard, instead I just wrapped him up in a towel.

The closet had plenty of hangers...plenty of wooden hangers....Question for you...what do empty wooden hangers sound like on a rocking boat?...Answer, they sound like bones rattling in the closet. It took me awhile to realize Sully wasn't hiding in our closet. Disney...if your reading...may I suggest padded fabric hangers...it might cut down on nightmares.



Our deck...notice it is wet. Yep it was pretty dreary outside at the Port. Chilly and slight drizzle most of the morning.



Awww, the benefits of spending way too much money with Disney... a free bag, waterbottles, key chain (a key chain that I quickly put my keys on before DH could grab it), and rice crispy treats. I love love love the bag..well I should say the replacement bag. When I was putting stuff in the bag the next day I noticed two huge razor cuts on the bag. Apparently a cm got crazy when opening a box and totally ruined my bag. I called guest services to get a replacement and the guy on the phone said no problem...as soon as you return the first one...I'm like sure no problem I will be right down to exchange it...and the guy on the phone is like no we don't have them at the front desk. I'm like what? you want me to walk down to return this bag but yet you don't have a replacement bag. He is like no housekeeping has them and will bring you one later on. And I'm like no problem, housekeeping can take the old bag when they bring me my new one. This stumped the guy on the phone. He is like housekeeping can't take the old bag and you have to return the old one before getting a new one. At this point I am trying to figure out why I am having a five minute conversation over a stupid ripped bag that apparently guest services keeps close tabs on. I do my best Veruca Salt impersonation and basically say, I want a new bag...I want it now...and I am not walking my tired a@@ to the front desk to return the bad one. Guess what, ten minutes later, a Castaway Club rep is at my door with a new bag, we exchange bags and pleasant small talk. As I start putting my stuff into the new bag, I notice another key chain in the bag. Score for my DH!!!

So guess what happens the last night. Our steward comes to our room and asks me to sign a paper saying that I received our castaway club bag of goodies. I was like seriously? Either they have a problem with cm's keeping the goodies or guests trying to score extra goodies because they sure do keep close tabs on this stuff.
LOL... you may get another 4 of those bags, water bottles and key chains until you become a gold member unless DCL decides to switch it up more than every few years..
__________________
1st trip with parents 1979 and through childhood...
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: