Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #766
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen, I am still enjoying your cruise TR so much! I was thinking about doing a four day cruise on the Dream, but your TR has me thinking that really a one week cruise would be much nicer and since I am not thinking about a cruise before 2012, this could even be on the Fantasy... I just wish they would release the 2012 October schedule soon!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #767
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It's possible I missed an update or two along the way. I hate that your trip report is all the way over HERE on the cruise boards. So .....Far.....Away!

Oh my...such drama!!

Did I read that you said they took the Flying dutchman away? I'll have to go back and re read that.

SooooSAD!!!

What a great incentive to exercise - go watch the ship sail away.

It is fun in that gym- I'd be skinny skinny SKINNY if I could workout there everyday!!

Love the sunset pictures and, just between you and me, I wouldn't have noticed the difference between CC and Key West.

Last Day - Oh No!

I think I have stirred some interest among the East meets West gals. I think Tracy, Cynthia, and I are probably most interested. As far as the soccer moms ...pfffft.....I can't even get them to read the email I sent about an October trip.
I am sooo glad!! It will be so great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Last day?????????? Please say it isn't soooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know they had removed the Flying Dutchman!!!!!!! What a shame! It made for some cool photos!

BTW - I LOVED your CC update! So many fond memories!
Well....all good things must come to an end...although, I have never really understood WHY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Last night?

I agree, you can never have too many sunset pictures. They are my favorite. When I go home, I always make sure to get some sunrise and sunset pics along the Pacific Coast.
Do you get to go home alot? Just wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
how awesome, congrats to her, have fun!

Hey- I had only one KKooler, so that's why the gym was an option!

thats just ubber sad but glad we got to see it at least once. Any word on what may or may not be replacing it.
That's how I feel- and I'm lucky we saw it twice....I hope they do replace it with something....maybe the Black Pearl???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hi,

Mary Ellen and Tracy directed me over here and I'm so glad they did! I'm having a great time reading about your cruise! It's certainly a tempting idea...
AWESOME!!! Thanks for stopping in!! I am glad you are tempted to go on a cruise....I know I am more than tempted.... I hope you are, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi there Ellen just reading along !!!Waiting anxiously for next Sunday when I can make my ressies for August!!!
I love making those ADRs, Rosie!! Makes it feel like the trip is REALLY happening!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #768
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi Ellen, I am still enjoying your cruise TR so much! I was thinking about doing a four day cruise on the Dream, but your TR has me thinking that really a one week cruise would be much nicer and since I am not thinking about a cruise before 2012, this could even be on the Fantasy... I just wish they would release the 2012 October schedule soon!!
Hi Magdalena! I wish they would release those 2012 dates, too!! The suspense is killing me! But I'm not sure I'd be cruising with my family on DCL until 2013 anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.... HOWEVER....I realized after all this DREAM excitement the past few weeks that I don't think I can wait, so.....I think DISmoms 2012 may be a 4 night on the Dream! We are looking at May 6th....It would be great to have as many DISpeeps onboard as possible, I think we will have a blast!!!! Maybe you could get a cabin, too?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #769
podsnel

Til We Meet Again Dinner

So here we were at our last dinner of the cruise. Already. It goes SOOOOO fast!! We were back in Lumiere's, and service was great! Timmy ordered Grilled Chicken Satays
with a mint-yogurt sauce and spicy cucumber salad -

I don't think he even had a bite! No idea why, though....it looked yummy. Tyler went with Chilled Seafood Medley
Lemon shrimp, smoked salmon tartare and marinated bay scallops

I had Sesame Crusted Tuna Sashimi, Wakame Salad and American Caviar
with pickled ginger wasabi and soy sauce

This was EXCELLENT! I remember having something similar on the last cruise, and it was not good at ALL. This was perfect, though, and if you are a tuna fan, then THIS is for YOU!! Tyler enjoyed his Smoothie du jour...

And my healthy hubby had Romaine Leaves with Artichoke Chips
served with a roasted bacon-wrapped date, and Caesar dressing

Yadira was so sweet with Tyler...

Both Tyler and I chose the same thing for dinner- Seafood Linguini Pasta
Lobster, scallops, shrimp, clams and asparagus-white wine sauce-

Yummy, yummy, yummy, one of my favorite entrees of the trip! Young Tim hadGrilled Beef Tenderloin
served with William potatoes, asparagus spears, baby vegetables and bearnaise sauce

Pods decided on Garlic and Rosemary Marinated Lamb Sirloin
with onion, leek, potato gratin and sun-dried tomato jus

Tyler really enjoyed his pasta, maybe a little too much-

It was time for Baked Alaska, and the waving of the flags-

He was very entertaining, especially later that night....

For dessert, Pods ordered a Mickey Bar-

But I think the boys had already gone back to you-know-where, and I must have skipped it. Oh well... I'm glad someone at the table was smart enough to order one while he could!

Up next...the end of the night in Rockin Bar D!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #770
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

OMG Ellen that Seafood Pasta has me drooling !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #771
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Ally has seen all the pics of the Flying Dutchman, and of course she loves all the Pirates movies...... so I'm thinking of telling her that someone slipped Pods a Beverly on the cruise, while at CC, and he got so mad that he threw his glass overboard and it hit the FD and sunk it........ Hope she's proud of her little escapade at Club Cool now!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #772
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

How sad, the last meal....

I think it is funny that they do the baked alaska on the Disney cruise line! When I was a kid there was this series on TV here in Germany called "Traumschiff" (dream ship) it was about a cruise line ship that would go to places all over the world and while the crew always stayed the same, the cruises would change and go through all kind of stories during the course of the cruise. And it always ended with the last night dinner with servers marching in with "fireworks" on the dessert! I really wanted to experience that one day and tried to convince my parents very hard that we would need to go on a cruise!! Later I realized that these old fashioned cruise ships would have been the most boring place to be for a 10 year old. Formal dinner every night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi Magdalena! I wish they would release those 2012 dates, too!! The suspense is killing me! But I'm not sure I'd be cruising with my family on DCL until 2013 anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.... HOWEVER....I realized after all this DREAM excitement the past few weeks that I don't think I can wait, so.....I think DISmoms 2012 may be a 4 night on the Dream! We are looking at May 6th....It would be great to have as many DISpeeps onboard as possible, I think we will have a blast!!!! Maybe you could get a cabin, too?

That sounds interesting!! I don't think May would work for me, but since I am sure that I will not go on the one for which I still have a deposit put down, I might investigate to move the deposite to the May 6th cruise...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #773
manntra
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh poor, poor Dutchie Happy I was able to see it once and hope they put something else in its place

Your pasta entree looks delicious!!! I would love a big bowl of that right now!!

There sure is a lot of cruise enabling going on

Tracy
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #774
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
OMG Ellen that Seafood Pasta has me drooling !!!!!
It should...it was goooooooooo-oooood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Ally has seen all the pics of the Flying Dutchman, and of course she loves all the Pirates movies...... so I'm thinking of telling her that someone slipped Pods a Beverly on the cruise, while at CC, and he got so mad that he threw his glass overboard and it hit the FD and sunk it........ Hope she's proud of her little escapade at Club Cool now!!!!!
Don't you dare!!!! She can't hate Mr. Pods!!! And she should be VERY proud of that little escapade at Club Cool- she was Club Cool-iscious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
How sad, the last meal....

I think it is funny that they do the baked alaska on the Disney cruise line! When I was a kid there was this series on TV here in Germany called "Traumschiff" (dream ship) it was about a cruise line ship that would go to places all over the world and while the crew always stayed the same, the cruises would change and go through all kind of stories during the course of the cruise. And it always ended with the last night dinner with servers marching in with "fireworks" on the dessert! I really wanted to experience that one day and tried to convince my parents very hard that we would need to go on a cruise!! Later I realized that these old fashioned cruise ships would have been the most boring place to be for a 10 year old. Formal dinner every night!

That sounds interesting!! I don't think May would work for me, but since I am sure that I will not go on the one for which I still have a deposit put down, I might investigate to move the deposite to the May 6th cruise...
I was always fascinated by Baked Alaska when I was a kid....I felt like if I ever went to a restaurant that had Baked Alaska for dessert, well, that would HAVE to be the fanciest, bestest restaurant EVER!! I could not understand how the ice cream didn't melt- it seemed so magical to me!!

And yes!! Investigate the May 6th cruise!!! It would be sooooo fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ohhhh poor, poor Dutchie Happy I was able to see it once and hope they put something else in its place

Your pasta entree looks delicious!!! I would love a big bowl of that right now!!

There sure is a lot of cruise enabling going on Tracy
I sure hope so.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #775
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
And she should be VERY proud of that little escapade at Club Cool- she was Club Cool-iscious!!

Yes, that was the beginning of her slide down skid row...... I hope you are happy with what you have done to my daughter.

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #776
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yes, that was the beginning of her slide down skid row...... I hope you are happy with what you have done to my daughter.
Very happy! Pleased as punch, as a matter of fact!

But, really, Kara...let's be honest here. She is YOUR daughter. We all know Skid row was always just one sippee cup of Beverly Cola away....
Old 02-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #777
podsnel

Let's go to RBD!

We left Lumiere's, and passed by all the characters saying goodnight to everyone. I still didn't see the goodnight kiss on the stairs, but that's ok- it would only make me more sad on the last night. The characters were out in full force though, meeting and greeting all over the place-

Cindy is still my favorite. I can only begin to imagine what it must be like for all these little ones to meet their heroines on the ship- I know when I was a little girl, I would have gone out of my mind to meet Cindy!!

Then we were at-

We were going to RBD- the last night some of the more...outgoing.... crew put on a show ....we have seen it twice now, and it never fails to make us laugh! You REALLY have to go to this, especially if you never have before!

That dining room guy I pointed out earlier is the tennis player...

When they were finished, there was dancing, but, unfortunately, it was dancing to the WORST band EVAAAAARRRRRRR....so we left. It was so awful we just couldn't take it!! We did stop in Diversions to say goodbye to the bartender and the staff in there- they had been so friendly on the cruise. Then it was time for a little mousey lovin'.....

And back to the cabin...

The last lone magnet, all my others I had already packed-

I did a little more packing up of our carryons, and we got the boys- who were not too pleased, either.

Up next...the crappiest breakfast ever....

Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #778
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Cannot believe it's over!!

Pub night, MAN I wish they would do it at a different time, we are always SO busy getting the luggage taken care of...we have still not seen it yet.

So am I thinking we did the right thing by blowing off breakkie?

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #779
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can't be over!!! I want MORE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update! Great photos of food ...... yum, yum!! Now, I bet you did not expect THAT remark!

Actually I loved your last evening, sorry about the baaaaaad band. We did see the farewell greeting of all the performers and characters last time and it was nice, but actually if you have seen it once .......

Isn't it sad the last night when your suitcases are already out the door and you are just left with packing up the bare essentials? I HATE that night!

Oh, and I can relate to your crappy breakfast, even if I haven't seen it yet! Been there, done that ...... dreading the next one!

Hope you're going on another trip REAL SOON!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #780
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Cannot believe it's over!!

Pub night, MAN I wish they would do it at a different time, we are always SO busy getting the luggage taken care of...we have still not seen it yet.

So am I thinking we did the right thing by blowing off breakkie?
You have GOT to make it to that last night next time...even if it's just to see that show, it is hilarious!

And yea, you are not missin' much if you miss that breakfast- well, except saying goodbye to your servers. The whole thing just equals one GIANT crappy mood! I hate the end!!! Even going to Vero or WDW does NOT HELP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: