Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #451
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva6116 View Post
Thank you sooo much for the amazing photos and trip report! I am taking my first cruise in March and I've got a million questions in my mind but your report is answering almost all of them haha. I am curious about one thing though: the spa picture of all the jars and bowls with what looks like soap in them -what is that for? Thank you again!

The jars in the back are like body scrubs....and I think you just add whatever you want from the front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The spa looks so nice. But I am not a spa kind of girl either. I actually have no clue what you do or get done in there besides a massage, haircut, or manicure!
Hmmm they offered facials, body wraps, teeth whitening among other things. The RR is for relaxation or to avoid your kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post

Awesome! Thanks! I really like the lockers in Vibe. Great for my teens who can't be parted from their iPods, but obviously they can't take them in the pool. They'll also be able to take a backpack down with a bathing suit or a change of clothes so they can swim and hang without having to come back to the room and change. Nice planning!

Wish they had lockers up on deck for the adults/families. That would have the possibility of freeing up some loungers that are just being used to hold "stuff" while someone swims.
Very good planning indeedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
The waiting area in the spa is lovely. Wonder if I could sneak in, sit in a corner and read my book! Or at least show up, oh, a couple of hours early for a treatment!

I'm sure you could

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMto5 View Post
Wow....by far the best review I have ever read! Thank you!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan View Post
Wow, I love all these pictures! Thanks for posting! 251 more days until I'm there!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
This is a wonderful report! Love all the details! My hubby is dying to take a cruise but I am worried about how our DS (will be 2 at the time) would like it? Also, can you feel the boat move much? I am worried about motion sickness also.
Our daughter was 10 months on her first cruise and a month shy of her third birthday on her second cruise. She LOVED the nursery both times!!! Personally, I hardly even noticed any motion at all on the Dream compared to the Magic
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #452
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

I have to say that you have made our upcoming cruise so much more to look forward too! You've shown us so much of the ship that I cannot wait to see it for myself. Thanks again!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #453
Timon

DIS Junkie

The District (AKA, Adult Clubs)

I actually didn't get many photos here....I thought I had gotten more but I guess it was just video I took. Didn't even take photos of Pink because when I took these pics, it was closed and I couldn't get in.

I don't drink so the only one that really appealed to me was Evolution because that's where they held the adult cabaret show (the always amazing Jeff Civillico) and other than walking through them, I never spent time at the other bars/lounges. However, if I was a drinker, this would be the place I would be!!! I especially enjoyed Skyline and Pink was cozy and cute too!

I loved walking by The District Lounge just because of all the cool lights LOL!

Also, you HAVE to see the bathrooms here!! The stalls are rounded and there are mirrors on the ceilings

Here's some pics....

687 (which is the Dream's ship number while at Meyer Werft Shipyard)

Skyline

Loved the "fireplace"

Evolution

District Lounge

The bathrooms

OK, well that's it! I know!! I am not impressed with myself at all
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #454
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, wow, wow. Thank you for the wealth of phenomenal photos and info!
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #455
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
I have to say that you have made our upcoming cruise so much more to look forward too! You've shown us so much of the ship that I cannot wait to see it for myself. Thanks again!
Hope I didn't spoil it too much for ya
Old 02-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #456
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Wow, wow, wow. Thank you for the wealth of phenomenal photos and info!
You are welcome Senor
Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #457
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #458
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful photos and information, I really can't wait unitl we go!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #459
MODisneyfan
DIS Veteran

LOVE your review!! It is awesome!! Thank you so much for shareing your expereince
Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #460
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still have a few more chapters to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful photos and information, I really can't wait unitl we go!!
Thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODisneyfan View Post
LOVE your review!! It is awesome!! Thank you so much for shareing your expereince
You're most welcome

Photos just take so long to load!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #461
Timon

DIS Junkie

Theatres Part 1

Buena Vista Theatre

I loved this theatre! It was huge and gorgeous and hi-tech!!! It is quite a bit bigger than the one on the Magic, the seats are very comfortable and there's cup holders in ever seat!!

According to the tour, they really wanted to have a classic looking theatre... a throw back to old time cinema but they needed the technology aspect but not the look so they spent a lot of money and time in the design. They ended up hiding the state-of-the-art speakers so that you can't see them. Some are in the walls, some drop out when the movie starts.

I went to the Making of the Dream presentation here (waste of time!) and I watched the first 30 minutes of Tron in 3D just to see how good it was.

While I didn't like the 3D glasses much, the quality was out of this world!! I saw Tron in IMAX 3D at home and I thought it looked just as good in this theatre!

I also love that it had entrances on both decks 4 and 5, totally handy!!!

If Kira and Rob were with me, we would have made sure to see lots of movies here!

Some pics...

Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #462
disgrits
DIS Veteran

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #463
Timon

DIS Junkie

Theatres Part 2

Walt Disney Theatre

Kudos to Disney for their theatres, they sure know how to do them right! This was so beautiful and elegant and very functional in that they have so many more people on the Dream!

My favourite thing was the added step they put on the lower section (don't think the upper section had it?)on the floor near the backs of the chairs so you now have a place to rest your feet if you like them up like I do and so that the kids also have a place to put their feet!

Since they now have three shows, you are assigned a show time and you are only supposed to go to your designated time but if you show up 5 minutes before any show, they will let you in if they have open seats. Bring your room keys with you, one per stateroom, because they scan them before they let you in.

For some reason, our show time was not on our KTTWC so when we went to the 5pm show, they scanned it and it came up as "No reservations" but they asked us what time our dining was and then they told us we were supposed to have a 7pm show seating. I saw the first show at 7pm and the rest all at 5pm.

I preferred the 5pm only because the 7pm show interfered with some things I wanted to see. For example, the Adult Cabaret was 7:45 in Evolution. If I had to see the 7pm show in the WDT, I would have missed at least 20-25 minutes of Jeff Civillico and it's only a 30 minute show!

I LOVED the new improvements to Golden Mickeys and I LOVED LOVED LOVED Disney's Believe!!!!!

I, however, HATED Villains Tonight!!

In all three shows, there were some technical difficulties, especially in Villains Tonight (did not sway my opinion at all though, it just wasn't my cup of tea!) and the show even shut down for about 5 minutes and then continuing up when they got things working again. That was interesting! Never seen anything like it before!!

The cast did some terrific ad-libbing because of it LOL!

I must say that this cast, was, by far, the best cast I had ever seen on DCL! The lady who played Cruella in Golden Mickeys was tremendous. And the lady who played Ensign Benson in GM and Yzma in Villains Tonight was wickledy talented!! I never thought anyone could pull off a live version of Yzma but she WAS Yzma

Also, the guy who played Kronk was also PERFECT at Kronk!! They had some talented talented actors this round and I appreciated every single little wink, nod and evil smirk

Here's some pics...

Last edited by Timon; 02-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #464
Timon

DIS Junkie

Theatres Part 3

WDT continued....

Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #465
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What was it that you didn't like abou the Villians show? That show is one I am actually considering skipping. Not that I don't want to see it, but my DD6 just seems to be in a stage where "villians" spook her, and I am worried she won't like it at all. I guess, I don't know if I have a desire to watch an all villians show either.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: