Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #106
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Hey everyone! First time cruiser here... I was wondering; do DIS'ers still decorate their doors with magnets? I've seen a few posts saying that the number has dropped and a lot of the posts I've read are from at least two years ago, so I thought I'd ask. We're going on our first Disney Cruise in May and I thought it would be fun to make some magnets and do a fish extender. Are there specific threads for different cruises to organize the fish extender list or is someone usually in charge of it?
Oh yes!!!! In fact on my cruise 2 weeks ago (10/30-11/6) had THE MOST amount of decorated doors I'd ever seen!!! It was awesome! Defintiely do magnets!!

For the Fish Extender, look in your meets thread (find it in the sticky for your ship at the top of the Meets board) to see how it is being organized. yes, one person is needed to run it to keep a list of participants.

HAVE FUN!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #107
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
Here's my first sign EVER!
What do you think?

AMAZING IDEA!!! My would say "I DREAMED I wouldn't survived a 2-year-old asking me for 101 days...'is it time to go on the boat with Mickey?' FINALLY VACATION HAS COME!" LOL!!!
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #108
martincorral
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817

The original thread can be found at the link above. It reached the 250 page mark and needed to be closed. This new thread can be used to continue all the great information and share your door signs.

Here is a picture of our door during the DREAM maiden voyage.
http://magicalmemoriesproduction.com..._display_media
martincorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #109
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martincorral View Post
Here is a picture of our door during the DREAM maiden voyage.
http://magicalmemoriesproduction.com..._display_media
AWESOME! What kind of magnet did you use -- magnet paper, gluing magnets on the back, etc??? Thanks for sharing.
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #110
martincorral
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSClemsonFan View Post
AWESOME! What kind of magnet did you use -- magnet paper, gluing magnets on the back, etc??? Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, I used printable magnetic ink jet paper, but I printed them with a laser printer.
martincorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #111
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

great Idea is there a link to how to make personalized ones
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #112
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

So many of the images have been removed --any helpful souls around to help me do the "cast member" badges? I'd love to put those on our door!!!

Thanks!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #113
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefullyjenn View Post
So many of the images have been removed --any helpful souls around to help me do the "cast member" badges? I'd love to put those on our door!!!

Thanks!
Is this what you're looking for? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936740

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #114
LovingRN
Earning My Ears

First Time Disney Cruiser here and I was wondering if there are any of the wonderfully talented DISigners out there that could help me (a very creatively challenged newbie) with personalizing a few magnets. Any guidance appreciated...
LovingRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #115
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRN View Post
First Time Disney Cruiser here and I was wondering if there are any of the wonderfully talented DISigners out there that could help me (a very creatively challenged newbie) with personalizing a few magnets. Any guidance appreciated...
This is a fairly old thread so I was surprised to see it pop back up again (it also explains why a lot of the images have been deleted over time). I might be able to help out though (I've done a few pieces for others in the past). What did you have in mind? Are there any specific characters, ideas or images that you’re looking for?

Below is a link into a PhotoBucket album of some of the magnets we used when we were last aboard the Magic. Maybe some of these will spark a thought or two.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/v...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #116
LovingRN
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
This is a fairly old thread so I was surprised to see it pop back up again (it also explains why a lot of the images have been deleted over time). I might be able to help out though (I've done a few pieces for others in the past). What did you have in mind? Are there any specific characters, ideas or images that you’re looking for?

Below is a link into a PhotoBucket album of some of the magnets we used when we were last aboard the Magic. Maybe some of these will spark a thought or two.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/v...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16
Wow, thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures! I really like your magnets. If possible I did like the "Cruisin the Magic" style one - would you be able to personalize it with "The Linares Family" and "Cruisin on the Wonder - April 10-17,2011"? Also the "Thanks" magnet - personalized for The Wonder with our family name, Mexican Riviera and dates? Last (I hope it is not asking too much) but the framed pirate princess mouse ears with Minnie are adorable - could I get that with "Lauren" on it? I would be most appreciative.
My plan was to print these on the magnetic paper - unless you have some words of wisdom to share on some other better alternative...

Thank you so much!
LovingRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #117
Sandyt05
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes;40226085]This is a fairly old thread so I was surprised to see it pop back up again (it also explains why a lot of the images have been deleted over time). I might be able to help out though (I've done a few pieces for others in the past). What did you have in mind? Are there any specific characters, ideas or images that you’re looking for?

Hi- LOVE your magnetic door signs too! I was curious if you were still doing these? We just booked our first Disney cruise and are so excited! If you are willing, I would LOVE the Cruisin the Magic sign with the names- Joe, Sandy, Emma. Dates- Nov. 10-17, 2012

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sandy
Sandyt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #118
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyt05 View Post
Hi- LOVE your magnetic door signs too! I was curious if you were still doing these? We just booked our first Disney cruise and are so excited! If you are willing, I would LOVE the Cruisin the Magic sign with the names- Joe, Sandy, Emma. Dates- Nov. 10-17, 2012

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sandy
I think that can be arranged. I’ll send you a private message is a little bit and we can start working out the details.

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 04-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #119
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

We just came back from our first cruise (3/26-4/2/11) and this was my first attempt at the magnets. I bought a 5 inch laminating machine so most of the pictures had to be cut in 1/2 to fit through. Next time I am just gonna go with magnetic paper and print them on there.

The mickey pirate hat was my very first one, hence the tip missing and it being slightly askew...LOL!

The "You Are Here" one is two-part...I laminated the itinerary map. Then I printed out a smaller version of the Magic, laminated and placed a separate magnet on the back of it. I moved the ship throughout the cruise showing where we were on that day. If we had been gone most of the day, other cruisers were kind enough to make sure our ship was in its proper place.

Most of the pre-made DISigns came from ****** and Milliepie!!! Thank you for sharing your disigns!!

This is a close-up of one designed myself:

It was so much fun! I forgot to take another picture at the end of the cruise of the additional magnets we received thanks to the magnificent FE gifts. One said "I participated in the FE gift exchange and all I got was this cheesy magnet?!" LMAO!!!!
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #120
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote