Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #1336
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I know where La Cava is, but are those margaritas different than the ones you can buy outside? Looks like they were. And when I saw the picture of Jeff with it outside, it dawned on me...oh, yeah, you can walk around EPCOT with a drink in your hand! Perhaps we shall try that next year.
Well, they are quite a bit different than the ones at the frozen stand which are pre-made I think. these are all specialty made to order and I'm not sure if they offer them blended as well as on the rocks but at the stands it's only blended. That said, with the new Mexico CS, I know they have a pretty cool margarita menu of their own so I may have to compare all of them, including La Cantina! You can walk around anywhere BUT MK with a drink in your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I am sure your considerable knowledge of Disney had come in handy that day. I can't wait to hear about 'Ohana. We have an ADR there in, oh...about nine days!

Another fantasitc update!
9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I better get that update up before you go then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Let's just say there was a incident where someone (no names) drank a little too much tequila and was laid out in a friends front lawn for a few hours... and ever since then, I... ummm... I mean someone... can't really drink it anymore.

You drank the worm!

I can't drink Gin.

enough said.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #1337
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Let's just say there was a incident where someone (no names) drank a little too much tequila and was laid out in a friends front lawn for a few hours... and ever since then, I... ummm... I mean someone... can't really drink it anymore.
Oh yes, I was "off" tequilla for a while for a similar reason.

I do not drink wine... at all ... anymore
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #1339
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

I beg to differ, you had champagne on new years...that's wine! With bubbles!
You are so right, but red I avoid at all costs. Between the flashbacks of the experience and the killer headache from the sulfites..

I tolerate liquor so much better, usually
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #1340
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Headaches for you too, eh, Pat?? They ARE killer! But sometimes even whites can do it for me. Depends totally on brand by brand.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #1341
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Headaches for you too, eh, Pat?? They ARE killer! But sometimes even whites can do it for me. Depends totally on brand by brand.
I generally just stay away from all wine. The only exception would be champagneand well I just don't drink that all that often.

I could not understand why I would get a such "hangoverlike" headache from a little wine until I was told about the sulfites.
Of course "the incident" did not help much either. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about how bad I felt.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #1342
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay this is rather funny, here I am trying to catch up and who would have expected to find her recipe getting all this play on your TR!!! Well, you put it well : a can, a can, and a can! They do go down well And yes, a GG slushie with cream. That is basically what it is!!!

Yeah you all looked HOT, I agree! Ditching family members for a margarita is always a good move in my book Your boys do NOT look amused, however. That is so funny about the snack credits, drinks and the mugs, I have to admit I agree with your logic, we just usually cave and pay OOP Anyhow, seeing Sandie and Paul in the pics, sure seems like they were enjoying themselves and the show! Epcot has something for everyone I think!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #1343
cdotla
Trish

All caught up again!

So glad to hear how well the trip is going, and that everything is going so well with Paul.

I have never yet had a baguette in France, but after your description I definitely want one! Coincidentially Chris was talking about wanting to go back here just the other day. (He had a late supper here before watching Illuminations one night).

Sounds like a great (although mighty hot) day in Epcot. Laughing at you for not wanting to use snack credits to buy the kids drinks so close to the resort and the refillable mugs, while at the same time finishing off your "adult drink". That is so something I would do too!

Isn't the ditch great? Like you, I didn't really get my fill of it on our last trip. Must correct that!

So the grand marnier doesn't even come close to the grey goose? Was that a consensus with Jeff too? By appearances the grand marnier looked pretty tasty too!

Can't wait to hear about your experience at O'Hana. And for the record, I have ZERO doubt that you indulged in a Lapu Lapu!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #1344
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Coincidentially Chris was talking about wanting to go back here just the other day. (He had a late supper here before watching Illuminations one night).
OOOhhh that sounds like a glimmer of hope for Chris. Maybe a Food and Wine trip will help turrn the hater into a not so much hater.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #1345
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You are so right, but red I avoid at all costs. Between the flashbacks of the experience and the killer headache from the sulfites..

I tolerate liquor so much better, usually
Red wine can be brutal, I agree with Liesa it really can vary by brand and whites can do it do (the sugar in some for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
ITA!

Quote:
I generally just stay away from all wine. The only exception would be champagneand well I just don't drink that all that often.

I could not understand why I would get a such "hangoverlike" headache from a little wine until I was told about the sulfites.
Of course "the incident" did not help much either. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about how bad I felt.
UGH! that's how I feel about Sangria....

Quote:
All caught up again!

So glad to hear how well the trip is going, and that everything is going so well with Paul.

I have never yet had a baguette in France, but after your description I definitely want one! Coincidentially Chris was talking about wanting to go back here just the other day. (He had a late supper here before watching Illuminations one night).
it was a great lunch!

Quote:
Sounds like a great (although mighty hot) day in Epcot. Laughing at you for not wanting to use snack credits to buy the kids drinks so close to the resort and the refillable mugs, while at the same time finishing off your "adult drink". That is so something I would do too!

Isn't the ditch great? Like you, I didn't really get my fill of it on our last trip. Must correct that!

So the grand marnier doesn't even come close to the grey goose? Was that a consensus with Jeff too? By appearances the grand marnier looked pretty tasty too!

Can't wait to hear about your experience at O'Hana. And for the record, I have ZERO doubt that you indulged in a Lapu Lapu!
I know, weren't we selfish? Grandma saved the day, or at least tried to! The GM slushie was good, but we both liked the GG one better.

Quote:
OOOhhh that sounds like a glimmer of hope for Chris. Maybe a Food and Wine trip will help turrn the hater into a not so much hater.
Food and Wine can work magic.....
Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #1346
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay this is rather funny, here I am trying to catch up and who would have expected to find her recipe getting all this play on your TR!!! Well, you put it well : a can, a can, and a can! They do go down well And yes, a GG slushie with cream. That is basically what it is!!!
It's a darn good recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Yeah you all looked HOT, I agree! Ditching family members for a margarita is always a good move in my book Your boys do NOT look amused, however. That is so funny about the snack credits, drinks and the mugs, I have to admit I agree with your logic, we just usually cave and pay OOP Anyhow, seeing Sandie and Paul in the pics, sure seems like they were enjoying themselves and the show! Epcot has something for everyone I think!
They were NOT amused. Often we cave as well but we knew we were leaving any minute and going straight to the pool so...being cheap. Sandie and Paul were enjoying it, somehow they look far less hot than the E's and Jeff, very impressive.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #1347
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Cynthia just checking in !! Next Sunday I can make my ressies for August!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #1349
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

oh-HOT-a!

Some VERY hot people had finally cooled off with at dip in SAB. Others had cooled off in the room AC, probably enjoying an hour plus of quiet. For some, maybe not as cool as weíd have liked, even the pool water seemed rather warm, but still far cooler than we were while watching Off Kilter!
At about 6:30 we begrudgingly headed up to the room to shower and get ready for dinner. As you might imagine, we were pushing it on the time. When we got down to the YC lobby we headed out, hopeful our cab would be there as Sandie had called ahead. With 8, we needed a van, or two cabs. There was a van there but we were told it wasnít ours. It sat. And sat. And sat.

We waited.

No van.

Still no van.

Plenty of regular cabs.

Iím starting to panic, itís Ohana and I do NOT want to be late.

Still.

No Van.

Cabs keep pulling up and we tell the nice bell services CM that we are just going to grab 2 and take off. He tries to get us to wait but we need to go!

So we do!

Funny arriving, it really was like herding cats, they all start wondering off into different directions and Iím trying to get them all to follow me but give up and just say, Iím going to go check in, itís upstairs, knowing that they will figure it out. We were basically seated immediately so taking the 2 cabs was definitely the right call.

First things first of course, a never done and a must!

The infamous Lapu Lapu!

YUM! I was worried it would be too sweet and it wasn't. I'm glad I tried it and would have one again.

Food arrived quickly

The fire was roaring

Soon, the entertainment began, along with the lei giveaways. Somehow Sandie convinced our less than engaging CM server to get us all leis. Not sure how she managed that and the pushed back at first, but she did.

Evan had a lot of fun with his

The Eís did go up and participate in the activities but man, my shots didnít turn out at all, so dark and blurry they arenít worth sharing.
Soon, dessert arrived. The infamous bread pudding. I was very curious to see how it would compare to the Raglan Road bread pudding.

JeffÖwho is a caramel freak, was pretty happy about the sauce on the side

All too soon, and I mean soon, we were done. The entire meal, which Iíd allotted 2 hours for, took only 1!

Sandie, using her charm again, convinced our server to take a picture

You can see Taylor still sporting that fabulous look. Iím so glad that phase is over!

What I can I say about Ohana? We loved it! It did feel a bit rushed, but not horribly so. The Eís are about past that kind of entertainment but enjoyed it and the big kids, even though they didnít participate, didnít seem to be annoyed by it, which is always a good thing. Almost all of the food was outstanding. The pork was dry but everything else, delicious!!!! The entire gang loved it.

The bread pudding? Delish! I do think I like the RR one better butÖjust a smidge. So now the question was, what to do?

It was about 8:15. My original plan had looked like this.

9:00 head to Magic Kingdom
9:30 - Kiss Goodnight @ 9:30pm - Cinderella Castle light show.
10:00 - Wishes fireworks at 10
Evening EMH (open till 1)

However, we had learned that there would be a second showing of Fantasmic and after some discussion, and a VERY strong wish by Taylor to try for a run at TSM. DHS was closing at 9, F! was at 9:30 and it all seemed doable. SoÖ why not!

For some reason, we had a hard time finding the bus stop at the Poly. Iíve only taken the monorail there so had no clue and it was literally the blind leading the blind.

I donít know if it was because it was after 8 and DHS was closing at 9, or because we were at a resort or what but there were NO buses in sight. We waited and waited and waited for what seemed like forever. It wasnít but you know how it is, when you have a deadline (the 9pm park closing) and anxious kids (Taylor really really really wanted to go on TSM again and it would be closing the next day) then everything feels like it just takes that much longer. Finally one came and we piled on. I canít recall if it stopped at another resort but for some reason, I think it did, adding to our dwindling time window. As we pulled up we agreed, Taylor and Evan would make a run for it and try to get on, the rest of us would just start heading towards F! We had bags and such and would never make it through the gates on time. It was perhaps 8:55. Maybe even later. They RAN. We did not.

Sadly they didnít make it. Taylor was hugely disappointed, but, it was what it was and nothing to be done. Theyíd chosen this option over the MK so thatís what we were doing. We piled into the theater which was pretty darn full, even for the ďlateĒ show. Iím not sure why but it sort of fascinates me that this second show actually starts after the park closes. Iíd only been to F! once, in 2004 and the boys didnít remember it at all so we were all looking forward to it. What I did not expect was the heat and the fact that despite the fact that it was now after 9, that amphitheater has zero circulation and it had not cooled down at all. It had seemed fine when we were waiting for the bus but now, inside the theater, it was like sitting inside a bowl of dead hot air. Absolutely miserable. Of course, I was (again) wearing silk. It had been perfect for dinner and is usually a very cool dress but sitting there, feeling the sweat trickle down my back, I donít think Iíve ever ever ever been that hot in my life that late in the day. Melting. Iím melting, thatís all I could think and my family seemed to feel the same way. It honestly crossed my mind to just leave, thatís how hot we were, but I didnít voice it out loud.

We sat and waited for it to start, and felt a bit claustrophobic, people were packing in and when itís that hot, personal space becomes that much more important. I love my family but I donít love sticking to them.

Finally, we saw this guy! These are blurry I know, seriously I only had one Lapu Lapu! My camera sucks at night shots.

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 02-13-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1350
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Enjoy the show!

The thing about F! that I’d forgotten is…fire.

OH man did that make the heat even worse if such a thing was even possible!

Finally, the show was over.

Which sounds like we didn’t enjoy it. which isn’t true, we did but the heat did impact our enjoyment considerably and we were glad to see it end. We walked out with the masses, more than a little wilted and decided to call it a night. Blessedly there was a boat waiting for us and we walked right on. Soon we were back at the Yacht Club, headed into our cool oasis of AC and white linens to rest and rejuvenate for the next day. Before we did that, we were all rather slimy so it was down to the quiet pool for a quick dip to cool off but again, the water was really not all that cool and honestly, with it as shallow as it is, it just wasn’t all that interesting to hang out so that ended almost as soon as it started

Our talk turned to the next day and what to do. My original plan had been to hit DHS, then have some pool time, then to AK for a few evening rides, dinner at Tusker and then if I we finished early enough, a few more rides as it was evening EMH.

However….some of the crew weren’t all that excited about the idea of going anywhere first thing in the morning. Some were bitter about TSM, everyone was still reeling from the heat and associating it pretty directly with DHS which did lessen the appeal at that exact moment, and still others had agendas that wouldn’t become clear until later the next day.

Up next. The Drifters

Last edited by eandesmom; 02-19-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: