Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #1096
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

OK! Day 6; bring it on.

WDW packing sucks. Whether it's packing to leave your house or packing to leave WDW it's never easy or fun. Why is that? Oh c'mon, did it take me that long to pack? Couldn't have, really. Ok, maybe it did but I don't believe you

I do remember MEK going to the business center which seemed to be buried somewhere unfindable. And I packed those batteries in my OL! So now I have them for next time!

One last balcony pic:

Then there is the bus wait... ugh. Bus wait times are always hit or miss in WDW. I've never had a trip with totally smooth WDW transportation. Why should this trip be any different? I agree, the bus that departed as we arrived was a DHS bus, then we saw an MK bus, and DTD bus, and then MK, DTD, AK, MK, DTD, MK, DTD, MK, MK, DTD, AK..... ***? And I'm not exaggerating! People are starting to get upset, the bus drivers are starting to wonder why no one is getting on the bus but starting to pile up at the bus stop. We tell them that we've seen 4 MK buses and 4 DTD buses but NO DHS buses, and it has the EMH that morning! Does telling the bus drivers do anything? I'd love somone who wears the Purple Pants to answer and tell me how this type of bus debacle happens.

FINALLY we made it to DHS and MEK noticed the AP issue (thank goodness she did!)

I'll leave you with that until MEK gets back here.

D4D
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #1097
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Oh, YES SHE DID!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
There is a slight story to the butt picking picture: she was sitting on a bench with a "wet paint" sign on it, and guess what happened? She got paint on her butt - surprise!

D4D
I forgot about that. Well, at least the point matched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post

I agree, the bus that departed as we arrived was a DHS bus, then we saw an MK bus, and DTD bus, and then MK, DTD, AK, MK, DTD, MK, DTD, MK, MK, DTD, AK..... ***? And I'm not exaggerating! People are starting to get upset, the bus drivers are starting to wonder why no one is getting on the bus but starting to pile up at the bus stop.

This is EXACTLY what happened and if it hadn't been so frustrating, it would have been comical.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #1098
MEK
DIS Veteran

AP Drama

So I am usually leaving the house now on Sunday mornings to go to church. But, I was assigned the Saturday night mass yesterday (for music), so I am FREE this morning and it feels pretty good for a change. So good, that I think I'll pick up where I left off with the AP Drama.

As you recall, I was so bored, after waiting 55 minutes for a bus, and so anxious to get into HS that I pulled my AP out and started examining it - hard. That's when I noticed something peculiar. It said my expiration date was September 24. I handed it to Jen and said "Look - my AP should expire September 12, but it says September 24". Jen took the AP from my hand and said "2010, not 2011" . Thanks Jen. Since my brain cells were still not 100% I failed to see that important piece of information.

WHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT? If there was ever a reason to use this smilie, its now

For crying out loud, what the heck?

So we did the bag shuffle and made our way into HS. Yes - it was an EMH so the place was packed. I knew this when we planned our trip, but we let it go. It wasn't our priority park so we didn't care. However, I will NOT do that again. We had been graced with really low crowds all week and this was a shock to our systems. Neither one of us love HS, but I do like to visit to do the thrill rides and TSM. We knew TSM was out of the question, but I guess I didn't expect such big crowds.

My first stop was obviously Guest Services. Jen set off to have some hats made. Fortunately guest services was not very crowded. I explained my situation to the CM who seemed equally perplexed at first.

Here's the situation.

I upgraded a 1 day park pass from September 2009. It was part of a free dining package.

I went INSIDE the MK to do this.

Big Mistake.

The short end of the story (and 20-25 minutes later) was that the CM who did my upgrade reverted my AP start date back to September 25, 2009 - The start of my free dining trip. (I didn't use the ticket then cause I was still on another AP).

I felt sorry for the new CM who had to figure this all out. It required her to go in the back for quite awhile. I was seriously starting to get worried because this obviously was not a quick fix.

Naturally, while she did I was "forced" to take pictures of the photos and posters they had hanging.

I loved the old photos of the Hollywood Hills. If you ever stop in Guest Services, make sure you take a look at them. It's just amazing to see how much as changed. Naturally, my pics did not turn out well since they were all black and white.

Does anyone recognize the Hollywood Freeway here?

If you love historical Disney, this is a cool place. I enjoyed gazing at these posters. It took my mind off the fact that my AP was in jeopardy and I certainly didn't have the credit card receipt on me to prove I paid for an AP upgrade on September 12th.

Finally, FINALLY the CM emerged with my new AP. She explained to me what had happened and told me that in the future I should have the AP upgrade done outside the park. She also admitted that the CM who did my upgrade should have known I was not going to pay that amount of $ for essentially a 2 week AP.

I am so thankful that I recognized the error right away. Can you imagine if I tucked my card away and never looked at it again? I would be sooooooooooo "insert expletive here" for my May trip. I really don't know what they would have done to help me then. Fortunately, I charged it so my credit card so that statement would have helped.

So a very important lesson learned, I set off to find Jen who was, fortunately, still busy ordering hats. Did you think I got lost Jen?

I wasn't in the greatest mood at this point - the wait, the crowds, the heat, the AP drama, the texts from my kids - so I put my head behind the camera and took more pictures.

Jen finished her order and we regrouped to determine our agenda. We basically had none. I think we decided to pick up FP's for whichever ride had the shortest wait time. That turned out to be ToT.

Naturally, with no clear cut agenda in mind, we started taking LOTS of pictures.

I may have still been a touch hung-over, and I was definitely in not the greatest mood, but I do think some of my pictures turned out really well today!

Oh - Yes - I think it was also a Fantasmic night, so I am sure that up-ed the crowds, too.

I believe we checked the wait time for RnR, but it was long enough that we didn't feel inclined to wait (we had already done enough of that).

FPs for ToT in hand, we walked back up the boulevard in search of some food.

All the signs were starting to entice us.

Continued in Next Post.....

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #1099
MEK
DIS Veteran

Our Next stop was Goofy's Candy shop where Jen finally found the giant rice krispy treats that she had been hankering for.

But our trip was over, so I don't think she bought it.

Talk about a sugar fix.....

I believe this next picture was actually taken in the store. It must have been part of the wall. Pretty....

I needed something much more substantial than candy fix, so we set off in search of eats.

I know people rave about Starring Rolls and if it hadn't been 90 degrees, I certainly would have enjoyed that option. These tables looked so inviting.

I have a thing about umbrellas...

I really never noticed all the detail in this building before.

Love this map

I think Glenn inspired me to dig a little deeper with the photobucket edits, and I really didn't like this picture much, so I changed it....

Our Next stop was.....

I seriously have no idea why I took pictures of the busts I did. You can see they are quite an eclectic group.

This does not look at all like Oprah Winfrey. I mean, Come on?

What can I say? Photobucket edits can be quite addictive (and useful fo covering anatomical correct parts possibly not appropriate for the DIS)

Hi At -At. I can't wait until you are up and running again!

As we all know, counter service options in HS are limited. Jen and I decided to eat at Studio Catering Company (I think).

Boring Interior, to say the least

I had the basic cheeseburger, so I did not photograph that as it is BORING. Jen had this....

I am going to take a guess that this is....Pressed Tuscan Deli - shaved smoked ham, smoked breast of turkey, provolone, Caesar dressing and Pesto marinated vine ripe tomatoes on a Tuscan Roll, served with apple slices or French Fries $8.49

Of course, I could also be way off.

I took a picture of the cups because I thought they were really cute and I don't remember seeing them at the other parks. Again, I could be wrong. Last day and all.

I felt much better after lunch. That's what carbs, fat and protein will do for you. With FP's in hand Jen and I set off to ride......

Yes, that IS Jen in the front seat with her arms WAY up.

Yes, that IS me beside her griping on for dear life.

But I am laughing and laughing is good!

So that's all the photos I have over in photobucket right now.

When we return - More photos of HS and the rest of our departure day.

Oh - and Do Not Fear - we had a late flight so there is plenty more to this day!

Last edited by MEK; 02-13-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #1100
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

My goodness that was a long wait for a bus. Good thing you had so many, er - entertaining, things to photograph. On my last couple of trips there has been, more often than not, a CM at the bus stop at the resort (at least for the prime hours). He/she has been playing games with the kids, trivia with the adults and has a way of contacting "dispatch" to find out when the next bus will be. Hopefully that is a trend. I do think they're trying! I know lots of people like renting a car but I am all about letting Disney do the driving!

Holy AP drama. That would have freaked me out!

I think your pictures turned out great this day! HS isn't my favorite park either. In fact, I think it may be my least favorite. But you just reminded me that I'm looking forward to seeing the changes to One Man's Dream and I am crossing my fingers and hoping that maybe, just maybe, Star Tours might be doing an unofficial open/previews when we're there!

Jen- totally agree. Packing stinks. I do love that owner's locker, though!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #1101
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got your AP drama sorted out. I guess we all have to check the expiration date on our passes when we purchase them because of human error.

Your photos are so amazing! What camera do you use? I need to upgrade from a point and shoot digital and there are just too many options!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #1102
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Glad you got the AP situation figured out! I love those pics they have up in Guest Services, I LOVE old Hollywood, which is why I love DHS so much, I almost feel like I'm there!

I love all of the pictures you took! Those busts are a little weird, and no, that definitely does not look like Oprah!

That Halloween cup is so cute! I can't wait to be there for Halloween!

You know, we never go to a park on the last day, we always take the first flight home, because I figure if we stay, go to a park, and leave at night it will be too hard, but I'm thinking about doing that for my next trip, why waste a day if you're already there?

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #1103
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Whew....I'm so glad you were able to get your AP straightened out!! No kidding that would not have been a hassle I would have wanted to deal with later!!! YAY for a CM who could fix it for you!!!

Your pictures are just so fabulous Mary Ellen!! I can't wait until May when I get to see you in action WOOT WOOT!!!!

Sorry about the crowds, DHS has the ability to feel VERY crowded so I can understand that!! Glad you got your thrill ride on!!! Loved the picture!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #1104
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to get your AP dates fixed, what a nightmare! I can just see you walking up to the turnstiles in May and being denied entry because your AP was expired So glad it didn't come to that!

I think we've all been in that hot, tired, frustrated, cranky mood at some point or another during a Disney trip

Great pictures once again! Oh, and I agree, Oprah's bust looks nothing like her

I hold on for dear life on ToT too.......
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #1105
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
My goodness that was a long wait for a bus. Good thing you had so many, er - entertaining, things to photograph. On my last couple of trips there has been, more often than not, a CM at the bus stop at the resort (at least for the prime hours). He/she has been playing games with the kids, trivia with the adults and has a way of contacting "dispatch" to find out when the next bus will be. Hopefully that is a trend. I do think they're trying! I know lots of people like renting a car but I am all about letting Disney do the driving!
I did have some interesting subject matter, didn't I? Thank goodness!

There was no CM at the Contemporary. Maybe they don't post one there because two of the four parks are monorail accessible. I don't know, but I sure think they need one because that was ridiculous.

Quote:

Holy AP drama. That would have freaked me out!
I was a little freaked out, but soooooooo grateful that I discovered the mistake when I did. It was actually a blessing in disguise because I don't know how I would have fixed it after I left Disney property.

Quote:
I think your pictures turned out great this day! HS isn't my favorite park either. In fact, I think it may be my least favorite. But you just reminded me that I'm looking forward to seeing the changes to One Man's Dream and I am crossing my fingers and hoping that maybe, just maybe, Star Tours might be doing an unofficial open/previews when we're there!

!
It's really not my fav either, but I hope we all get to spend some time there together in May. I would love a group ToT ride. That would be a riot!

I would love it if Star Tours was doing soft openings. That would be awesome!

I am def looking forward to one man's dream. I love that attraction.

Quote:
Jen- totally agree. Packing stinks. I do love that owner's locker, though!
I think I might need to get one of those to cut down on my sherpa ways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm so glad you got your AP drama sorted out. I guess we all have to check the expiration date on our passes when we purchase them because of human error.
Thanks. I am so glad it worked out and it definitely taught me a lesson. I will always upgrade outside the park and I will always check dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I
Your photos are so amazing! What camera do you use? I need to upgrade from a point and shoot digital and there are just too many options!
Thank you!

I have an entry level Cannon DSLR (Rebel) and Jen has a Cannon point and shoot. I have to agree with what Jen says - its not so much the camera, but knowing how to use it correctly. If you notice, Jen rarely takes a bad shot because she knows how to use all the settings on her camera. That is something I am still mastering and I really learned alot from her.

I picked the Cannon because I had consistently seen great pictures taken with Cannons on the boards. It was really a toos up between the Cannon and the Nikon. If you belong to Costco they often have nice bundled starter and above packages. Also - visit the photography boards. Those guys know A LOT!

Last edited by MEK; 02-13-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #1106
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Glad you got the AP situation figured out! I love those pics they have up in Guest Services, I LOVE old Hollywood, which is why I love DHS so much, I almost feel like I'm there!
It really is a park with some great theming and I think I have missed alot of it. I am looking forward to taking more detail pics in May.

Quote:
G
I love all of the pictures you took! Those busts are a little weird, and no, that definitely does not look like Oprah!
It totally doesn't look like her. It's like they hired a different artist for that one, because all the others have the correct resemblance.

Quote:

That Halloween cup is so cute! I can't wait to be there for Halloween!
If they put that design on a mug I would totally buy it. I had a cool one from the Disney store like that, but the painting all wore off in the dishwasher. I finally threw it out.

Quote:
You know, we never go to a park on the last day, we always take the first flight home, because I figure if we stay, go to a park, and leave at night it will be too hard, but I'm thinking about doing that for my next trip, why waste a day if you're already there?
I say - either go home first thing in the morning or late at night. I know its going to be a late night, but as long as I am mentally prepared I am fine. I love having an almost full last day at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Whew....I'm so glad you were able to get your AP straightened out!! No kidding that would not have been a hassle I would have wanted to deal with later!!! YAY for a CM who could fix it for you!!!
She totally knew what she was doing. From now on I am going to check everything, because for all I know I may have overpayed for that AP. I remember thinking the price was a little high, but I really didn't pay any attention to it. I definitely will know exactly what to pay next time.

And I will always check the dates because Denny and I still have one more ticket we haven't upgraded yet.

Quote:
Your pictures are just so fabulous Mary Ellen!! I can't wait until May when I get to see you in action WOOT WOOT!!!!
Thanks Jen. I am really looking forward to taking more pics in May. I really got some good pointers from Jen and I got better with my camera settings from taking soccer pictures.

Quote:
Sorry about the crowds, DHS has the ability to feel VERY crowded so I can understand that!! Glad you got your thrill ride on!!! Loved the picture!!
It felt VERY crowded in there, but between lunch and ToT, I finally got rid of all my cobwebs and grumpy mood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Glad you were able to get your AP dates fixed, what a nightmare! I can just see you walking up to the turnstiles in May and being denied entry because your AP was expired So glad it didn't come to that!
OMG! Seriously. That would have been the worst nightmare scenario ever because I'm really not sure if it could have been fixed. I am sure they would have bent over backwards to fix it, but I would definitely have been holding up the line for that one.

Quote:
I think we've all been in that hot, tired, frustrated, cranky mood at some point or another during a Disney trip
Yeah - I felt bad though because Jen was all chipper and I was grumpy there for a bit. Fortunately it was very short lived.

Quote:
Great pictures once again! Oh, and I agree, Oprah's bust looks nothing like her
Oh - that Oprah. I guess she's never seen it because I don't think she would be too pleased.

Quote:

I hold on for dear life on ToT too.......
I'm glad I'm not alone!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #1107
cdotla
Trish

OK - I am still not fully caught up yet (not even close), but I was intringued with your latest post title and had to sneak ahead. OMG...I would have died with that AP drama. I don't know how you kept your wits about you still snapping photos while you were waiting for all that to get straighted out!

Thank goodness is right that you noticed that when you did, and not in May!

Great pics in HS...love the one of you guys on the TOT.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #1108
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
OK - I am still not fully caught up yet (not even close), but I was intringued with your latest post title and had to sneak ahead. OMG...I would have died with that AP drama. I don't know how you kept your wits about you still snapping photos while you were waiting for all that to get straighted out!

Thank goodness is right that you noticed that when you did, and not in May!
There was a part of me that really could have panicked and then there was the part of me that thought, "This is Disney. Nothing totally disastrous can happen here." I knew if anyone had the customer service to fix it, it was Disney.

I guess there is a part of me that blames myself too for not knowing I should have upgraded outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great pics in HS...love the one of you guys on the TOT.
Thanks. We seriously had so much fun taking pics on this trip. I can't wait to see Jen's HS pictures!

Old 02-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #1109
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

OMG what a funny first update! I mean really, none of it actually sounds fun mind you but the butt picking (which is a nice ring shot actually) is hysterical. I mean really, white jeans or jeans shorts and you sit on a bench with a wet paint sign?

And the Alice tatoo?????

Oh My!

I've had waits like that and it's awful. 2009 at FW trying to get to AK, same exact thing. And I too do not understand why the bus drives can't radio back and do something about it but they really seem powerless.

YIKES on the AP. It's funny though that you were able to get it fixed inside the park. Who would have though inside versus outside made a difference. Resort versus the park I can see but that's a bit surprising. Thank heavens you figured it out!

Food has amazing healing properties. Top that with a good laugh and I can see how your day turned around. Not a fun morning at all.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #1110
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen - you don't have an Owner's Locker yet? You should try it!

And good luck getting me on ToT. I will happily hold purses and wait for you all outside.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: