Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Yikes! Nothing worse than late tablemates and slow service. But dinner looked wonderful, and your day (other than that) sounds excellent!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #17
tdizzle
Mouseketeer

Love your report! You've taken some fabulous pictures! Thank you for all the detail too. We'll be on the 3/6 cruise, also staying at the Radisson the night before so that kinda makes us cruise cousins doesn't it?

Terri
tdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Love all the photos! And someone please bring me one of those multicolored adult beverages ....

I really do love multicolored adult beverages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Yikes! Nothing worse than late tablemates and slow service. But dinner looked wonderful, and your day (other than that) sounds excellent!
Dinner was decent. Overall it was a good first day on the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Love your report! You've taken some fabulous pictures! Thank you for all the detail too. We'll be on the 3/6 cruise, also staying at the Radisson the night before so that kinda makes us cruise cousins doesn't it?

Terri
Thanks! We are kinda cruise cousins just a month apart!
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #19
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Super Bowl & Shopping

After we rushed out of dinner, we made our way to the District Lounge. There were chairs open but nothing right next to each other We sat as close as we good but it wasn't really good for talking to.

A server came and got some drink orders. I got a Bahama Mama & my husband a Miller Lite and we closed the tab and got my room key back then. We quickly enjoyed our drinks.

Now for the game, well, my favorite pass time for the super bowl is to mock the commercials with my husband. Its the only way I can get through watching the football part. Since we weren't close enough to talk, I was bored out of my mind and my husband could tell. He said lets go shopping and I'll just watch the game on ESPN International in the room. I said thank you to him.

We went into Whitecaps and I proceeded to debate on if I wanted to spend the $275 to $295 dollars on a Disney Dream Dooney & Bourke purse or should I get the Balloon Black Bucket or the DCL Sketch Bag. I think I annoyed my husband with how long this debate took. He had told me before if I got this purse I couldn't get the 40th WDW bag when I go in May.

I finally decided for the Satchel of the Dream. I figured if I end up getting tired of it, I could sell it on ebay as it has really good placement.

We went to go pay when I realized my name isn't Karen and I wasn't a platinum level cruiser.

The bartender in District Lounge gave me the wrong card! Luckily my husband had his room key so we could pay. We stopped by the Guest Services desk to let them know we were given the wrong card by the bartender and they quickly deactivated my old one and issued me a new card. We headed back to the room to drop off my purchases and so I could get head to the show that evening while my husband enjoyed the game in the comfort of the room.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #20
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

The Golden Mickeys

I headed down to Deck 4 for balcony seating for the show. No one was waiting at that side for the show to open. I was able to get the upper box seats which I enjoyed as then I knew for sure I wasn't going to be annoying anyone with taking a million and a half pictures.

I enjoyed the updates to the show since the last time I had seen it.

After the show I headed back to the room, found out the Packers won which I think upset the majority of the boat (so many people had on Steeler jerseys that day) and we headed to bed.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

What an awesome hubby! Mine would have done the same, leaving the bar for a more comfortable experience.

Your pictures from the show are awesome! One thing I am looking forward to on the Dream is the box seats in the theatre.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #22
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
What an awesome hubby! Mine would have done the same, leaving the bar for a more comfortable experience.

Your pictures from the show are awesome! One thing I am looking forward to on the Dream is the box seats in the theatre.
Yeah, the bar would have been fine if we were near each other but alas we were not. The only bad thing about watching the game on ESPN International is that he got none of the commercials that were on FOX.

I really liked the box seats although certain stage elements were 'spoiled' up there with the top side view. Not like that bothered me but it might bother some other people.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Spa Morning

I had set the alarm for 6:30AM as I had a massage set up for 8am. I wanted to take some early morning pictures of the decks with few people on them. It was way too foggy for it to make for good pictures.

Once I gave up on picture taking for the time being, I wandered into Cove Cafe to get a coffee.

I ordered a Caramel Latte and it wasn't horrible for Nescafe.

The fog cleared up for some more pictures.

Around 7:30, I headed to the spa to check in for my massage.

After changing into my robe and heading to the relaxation room, my therapist arrived early and asked if I was ok to start before assigned time. Of course it was!

My treatment room overlooked the front of the ship so I got to watch us pulling into Nassau. I think we ported in the middle of my massage.

50 minutes later the bliss was over. I went back into the locker room took a shower in the wonderful spa showers and went back to the room to meet up with my husband for breakfast and figure out what we would do for the day.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #24
Theresa-MI
Mouseketeer

Love your report and pictures, awesome!

I always thought DCL would not allow us to bring alcoholic beverages onto the ship. Did you have any difficulties checking in? Thanks!

BTW , loved the bag, so cute!
Theresa-MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #25
Mom2CJ&Kitty
Mouseketeer

Great report! Can't wait to hear more.

Our 1st Trip - June 11-15 '07 POFQ
Aug 2011: 4 days POFQ & 4 days on the Dream

Mom2CJ&Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #26
momcicle
Earning My Ears

Love all the pics. Thanks!
momcicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

lovin the report,,,,,thanks

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #28
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa-MI View Post
Love your report and pictures, awesome!

I always thought DCL would not allow us to bring alcoholic beverages onto the ship. Did you have any difficulties checking in? Thanks!

BTW , loved the bag, so cute!
DCL lets you bring on as much alcohol as you want as long as you carry it on. We had no difficulties bringing it on. We even saw some other people that just had an box of beer in plain sight walk right onto the boat. We had ours in one of our tote bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2CJ&Kitty View Post
Great report! Can't wait to hear more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcicle View Post
Love all the pics. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
lovin the report,,,,,thanks
Thanks for reading along all :D
Old 02-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #29
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Breakfast and Detective Agency

So we headed Cabanas for breakfast. I liked the selection they had but I wasn't really hungry so I got a small plate.

My husband's plate was pretty much just eggs and hash browns.

Overall it was a good breakfast.

We headed down to deck 5.

Pretty Picture along the way!

We decided since there wasn't a lot to do on the ship this early in the morning we would check out the Midship Detective Agency

We got our equipment: the clue guide, pencil and detective badge!

Clue Guide! - This had the list of suspects, locations of the enchanted art, and places to write our clues down.

Detective Badge!

We decided to go for the case of the missing puppies over the case of the missing art.

Random Pictures from the adventure!

After we solved our case and got the puppies home, we went back to the room to figure out what the next thing to do was.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #30
Theresa-MI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
DCL lets you bring on as much alcohol as you want as long as you carry it on. We had no difficulties bringing it on. We even saw some other people that just had an box of beer in plain sight walk right onto the boat. We had ours in one of our tote bags.

Thanks for reading along all :D
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!!! I'll save a lot of money on my next cruise!!!!
Theresa-MI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: