Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #391
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustysgirl View Post
Wow! The food at Palo looks fantastic! I am totally craving pizza and chocolate souffle now! Sorry the waiter sucked. I can't believe he would be talking about you guys so close. Very un-disney!

The AD looks like lots of fun too! What a gorgeous ship! I am so happy that you got to go on it! I love the pictures from early in the morning, when no one was a round. It looks so calm and peaceful and inviting!
Yes, Palo has extremely delicious food!!! And normally the service is OUTSTANDING but I guess there's a few hiccups they need to work on

Early morning on any of the ships is such a great time! It's beautiful and peaceful and soooo relaxing! You pretty much have the ship to yourself for an hour or more

You and J should cruise one of these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS929 View Post
Well if they are a design feature, then I think Disney made a bad choice on them... :/
They were NOT a design feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Can't wait to see pictures of the teen club. This real be the only way I'll see it. My boys can't wait intell next yr.
I will get that posted tomorrow sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylia403 View Post
Hmmmmmm.....

I wonder if we walk on our knees and pretend to be kids maybe we could play in the club/lab too?!!!!

Also, hubby is already picking out what he wants to buy from the shops on our cruise! Thank you for the great pics
If you go during the Open House time on the first day, you can go in and play around with all the stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
Thanks for the wonderful trip report. You are definitenly a "Tigger" not an "Eeyore"
Oooooh, I have a little "Eeyore" in me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
AHHHH.. i want that Day and Night Vinylmation set!!
who's going on a cruise soon?
If only I had known

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ok - i`m convinced the only place on the ship you haven`t show us/photographer/been in is the bridge and the crew quarters.

tell me you got some in those areas?
I still have a few places to go but I definitely did NOT get to see the bridge or crew quarters
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #392
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

These are just all amazing. I am in awe....I want to be a kid too again.
I have heard from others that the family hot tubs are pretty much being used as a warm pool by kids. Why do parents allow this. I have told my DD over and over when we are in a hot tbu that they are for sitting. We went to a waterpark last year for the night and there were so many kids in the hot tub just swimming all over the place and into people. And not a parent to be found anywhere.
Thanks again so much for sharing
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #393
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

First of all, your pictures are incredible! Thank you so much for taking the time to take all of them and for taking the time to post them here. You ROCK!

Now, on to the silly question! Do you recall if these shirts were more along the lines of a men's size shirt? Or were they smaller fitting for women? I want one!!!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #394
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
These are just all amazing. I am in awe....I want to be a kid too again.
I have heard from others that the family hot tubs are pretty much being used as a warm pool by kids. Why do parents allow this. I have told my DD over and over when we are in a hot tbu that they are for sitting. We went to a waterpark last year for the night and there were so many kids in the hot tub just swimming all over the place and into people. And not a parent to be found anywhere.
Thanks again so much for sharing
Yeah, I have never been in any "family" hot tubs on DCL...I like the adult ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
First of all, your pictures are incredible! Thank you so much for taking the time to take all of them and for taking the time to post them here. You ROCK!

Now, on to the silly question! Do you recall if these shirts were more along the lines of a men's size shirt? Or were they smaller fitting for women? I want one!!!
Now...don't quote me on this but that was in the ladies section and it definitely looked like a ladies shirt
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #395
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Quote:
LOL I was just thinking I may have to get some of those for Mike and Robin. Do you think they sell them at the parks too? I'll be there in 24 days!!!
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #396
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Cass how do you think the kids clubs are for kids with visual disabilities? We are planning on taking our granddaughter in 2013 and she is blind. She'll be 3 or 4 depending on what month we decide to cruise.
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #397
castlegazer
Soccer Mom - no really, I am a Mom and I play soccer
Tries to be naughty, but always fails
Thinks Buzz (or Woody?) is sexy.
Official Tag Fairy Translator

Quote:

And I am soooo happy Cass showed that with such detail because I found those on ebay and have been having major conniptions trying to bring myself to pay that much for them thinking they were only maiden voyage trinkets!

Sooo, happy that they will be there for our cruise in April hopefully!

THANK YOU AGAIN CASS!!!!!!

Oh hey!!! Loook!!! I caught up! Yeah, cause I actually just sat here on a Friday night enthralled!!!

07/13/12 - 07/15/12 2SN NYC Disney Magic cabin 2012 ~ ~ 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 4S Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Dream cabin 5650 ~~ 04/18/09 - 04/25/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 7586 ~~ 04/29/06 - 05/06/06 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic cabin 6608

castlegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #398
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Thanks for the shops pictures Cass. I could spend a few bucks in those for sure. Kristin will be particularly interested in the nursery pics. She's been reading too but too shy to post. Shy....just like her mom.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #399
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
LOL I was just thinking I may have to get some of those for Mike and Robin. Do you think they sell them at the parks too? I'll be there in 24 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlegazer View Post
And I am soooo happy Cass showed that with such detail because I found those on ebay and have been having major conniptions trying to bring myself to pay that much for them thinking they were only maiden voyage trinkets!

Sooo, happy that they will be there for our cruise in April hopefully!

THANK YOU AGAIN CASS!!!!!!

Just so you know ladies....those are only sold on the Dream (they have Dream Inaugural Cruises written on the side of them!) and they are a limited edition of only 1000.

There were some Vinyls that were only sold on the Maiden Voyage though

'

mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
Cass how do you think the kids clubs are for kids with visual disabilities? We are planning on taking our granddaughter in 2013 and she is blind. She'll be 3 or 4 depending on what month we decide to cruise.
I wish I could help you out with this Becky but I really couldn't tell you I did go into the clubs during the day at sea just to look around to see how the kids are enjoying the clubs but I didn't see any kids with disabilities. But 2013 is a long way away, I am sure you will see reports on that subject well before you sail
Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #400
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Thanks for the shops pictures Cass. I could spend a few bucks in those for sure. Kristin will be particularly interested in the nursery pics. She's been reading too but too shy to post. Shy....just like her mom.
Hi Kristin

Make sure you send her my Tips for Cruising with Babies thread

Wait a minute....her shy mom???

Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #401
skiingwife
DIS Veteran

I love all your pictures and report. Thanks for taking so much time to post them all!

Can you tell me where on the ship a couple things are located? Waves, Currents bar, the sports deck (is it front or back)? Is the basketball court really smaller than the Magic/Wonder's?

And that odd little seating area in your Lower Decks part 1 pictures - 6th picture down. What is that supposed to be and where is it?

thanks
skiingwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #402
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Now...don't quote me on this but that was in the ladies section and it definitely looked like a ladies shirt
Thank you! My quest to have this shirt now begins!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #403
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Wow! Awesome pictures!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #404
iluvwdw4ever
DIS Veteran

Now I am definitely going to bring an empty suitcase for everything I wanna buy in the gift shops!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #405
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

And I'll repeat myself: Amazing Pics! I can't get over how gorgeous that ship looks when all the people aren't there to muck up the view I would love to get up and stroll around here early. But that boat has a sedative effect on me and DH -- wake later, nap often. It's like I'm on Benadryl.

Which reminds me -- how was the motion of the ship? I don't usually have any probs, in part b/c I wear a patch. But that first night on the classic ships can be a doozy regardless of the patch, even with relatively steady seas. And on our last trip, they must have turned off the stabilizers in the middle of the night, b/c we woke up to it rocking and creaking like crazy as she went over the gulf stream. I am thinking of risking Palo on the first night, but don't want to if the Dream rocks as much as the Wonder/Magic does. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!
branv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: