Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #751
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a great day at CC! That slide is a lot of fun. Those sunset pictures are awesome too. So relaxing.

And I hate when your TR's come to an end. They are so enjoyable to read. But all good things come to an end. We just have to wait for your next report.

And because you are such a WDW fan and all I have to share some good news. When we go down to WDW here in March our girls are going to be performing with their school choir on the stage at DTD! Just found out last night that they will be performing there. I am so super excited about this. So when I tape my girls at our favorite place in the world, it will have our home resort of SSR in the back ground. Plus, when they do the marching band they will be at MK on Main Street USA!!!! Sorry, just had to share cuz we are all just big old Disney fanatics here!
That is so exciting for your family!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #752
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
That's the place!! Wow, I don't think I have any pics, so looking at yours is making me nostalgic. Last time we were there we were celebrating a birthday, but we didn't get any fun food, we just had (one too many) rounds of free shots. This after we'd made a "no shot" pact, in preparation for going into NYC the following night. Oh well, we recovered with some shopping and lunch at Short Hills Mall the next morning!

I think we had Joan do shots for her Bday, too! They have really great infusions there, that he makes himself- those are excellent, you should try them next time!

My GF's name is Michelle. She's a realtor at Weichert, but she spends a lot of time traveling. She's always trotting off on these Rotary Club excursions to places like Dubai, France, Costa Rica. Either that or she's off in the city, somehow getting herself cast as a model/audience participant on shows like Tyra and Dr. Oz. No husband, no kids...tough life! I don't really know any of her friends from Scotch Plains. She introduced me to some guy named Pat who your hubby probably knows if he's a baseball guy. I only say that because Pat was supposedly a big baseball player in college and I think they said he still plays. I think he is from Scotch Plains originally, and he went to college and played baseball in North Carolina - which is why she introduced us because one of HIS friends said, "That girl talks like she's from North Carolina!" Which I so do. Anyway, he's married, young kids I think. He's the only friend of Michelle's from Scotch Plains that I've ever met.

I'll have to ask Pods about Pat, I forgot to mention him last night. Sounds like your friend Michelle is having a GREAT time in life! Funny that you said she goes on alot of the NY based tv shows- we did that a few years ago, it's another great benefit to living here, getting into the City so easily. One year we went to Rachel Ray, The view (twice), Martha Stewart, Emeril Live...it's alot of fun, especially when they put you in the front row!! We will definitely try the Tavern on our next warm weather visit, hopefully this spring. Thanks for the tip! Maybe we'll run into each other there. (But not in a creepy, disboard stalker kind of way or anything. )
Next time you're coming up, let me know, and I'll try to come out to meet you!! Not creepy at all...I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Day at CC !!!What a coincidence with card !!!! Your crystal ball was working well that day Ellen !!!!The games look awesome !!!
YES!! So happy to have remembered my crystal ball on Castaway Cay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I was kind of bummed that they didn't have the cookie dough soft serve at CC anymore....just chocolate and vanilla this time.

I never tried it...oh well, maybe they'll have it next time....

I was chilly too! It was really windy, overcast and started drizzling a bit a one point. If you cruised by our lounge chairs on your walk, I was the one laying down with her baseball cap and cover up still on and with towels over her legs for blankets! Yet my kids were in the water. Go figure.

I agree, it was REALLY windy!!! The cold air coming to Cape Canaveral the next day was on its way, I guess!

I'm wondering if the obnoxious family you encountered was the same family that was in the cabin next to us. Did they consist of a dad, a mom, a son and a daughter? The Dad and the kids spent the week yelling at each other and slamming stuff around in their cabin. At least once, Dad slapped a kid. More than one peaceful morning on my verandah was ruined by their constant fighting. I wondered why they bothered to go on vacation at all, since they all seemed to sort of hate each other.
I don't know....they were a multi-family group, the Grandma was in a wheelchair, there were probably 2 or 3 families altogether...they were thoroughly obnoxious! The ones next to you sound lovely. What is WRONG with some people?? So sad, but they do make me appreciate my own life, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadam View Post
OK - this post wasn't to me - but I'm going to ask anyway - DS's best friend in daycare -from diapers to graduation to kindergarden - is 11 -and I believe still plays baseball (we drift in and out of touch) do you know Sammy Venick?
Sorry, I don't, but maybe he's in another grade? Tim's in 6th. Do you know David Lindros in your town? He's 11, almost 12.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #753
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Catching up. One little snow day and everyone goes crazy. It took three class periods to catch the students up to where we were before the snow day (and these are adult students –yep, snowbrain effects all).

UGH...sounds exhausting!! Sorry you had more snow...we have been snow free here this week!!

Ellen, your dress is cuter than Daisy’s AND your bottom is covered. Daisy has a nekked bottom.

For SHAME Daisy!!! Someone needs to tell that girl she's a little too old to be wearing micro-minis!!

Magicfor2, thanks much for the offer to meet. I think it would be great fun to meet a fellow dis-friend.

Regarding what we do career-wise, I have this big fancy degree in psychology but all I do is teach at a community college. I spent a few years at a university doing a combination of research and teaching and found out I really enjoy the teaching aspect but not the research portion of the job.

Rob (spouse) is an economist and works for the state, community health area. He manages a program which focuses on obtaining medical screening and improving life-style choices/behaviors (nutrition, exercise, etc) for low-income women (working poor, not those with social service benefits). You cannot believe how often I hear “5 a day”…

We would love to live in a rural area but because of our employment opportunities will probably have to live near a medium to large city. Send me a pm if you have any suggestions.

kate
Good-luck, I hope your dreams come true!!

Quote:
No, I can't stand it! Freeze time, reverse it now and send me back!
I KNOW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Nooo! Slow down! It's going too fast, just like the cruise did!

What an awesome day at CC! I was wondering how we never saw you guys that day, although surprisingly we were in some of the same areas.

We did see you- I think we saw Ron and Sarah at some point on the beach, but we were running in between stuff.

We have never seen the game pavilion either, wow... it is pretty cool. Will definitely have to check it out next time!!

Yea, the kids would love it, I bet.

The wedding I'd have to guess was somewhere in the 9:00 hour. I didn't realize we had gotten out there that early because we had already done a bunch of stuff by the time we actually saw the wedding take place but I guess we had!!

That sounds about right...just wondering...

I missed hte cookie dough ice cream too. I was wondering if it was because we were at Cookies Too and not "old" Cookies but I guess not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Nooo, so sad to see that your TR is almost done. I just love reading your reports. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures from ST. John I really enjoyed those. One of these days I will make it there, I just have to work on DH.
Thanks so much!! I'm sad to see it end, too- but I've been writing TRs nonstop for over a year, maybe it's time for a break...absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that! Today Janie and I spent about 3 hours on the phone looking at villas together... we're trying to find something equally as nice as Villa Tesori, but closer to town. Not having alot of luck, though, but there is one possibility....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
it is sad that this one is almost over but soon the DIS mom trip will fill our days. wooo-hooooo!
That's going to be a BLAST!!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #754
lisadam
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I don't, but maybe he's in another grade? Tim's in 6th. Do you know David Lindros in your town? He's 11, almost 12.[/QUOTE]

Sammy is in 6th - but I don't know which school he is in. I just checked Jake's middle school directory and David is in 6th grade with him. I'll ask him if he knows him. He's not from J's elementary school and I just don't know all the kids in his middle school grade... there are too many now!

One week til I leave - I've loved your pictures and report.
2001 - 2006 - - 6 stays at the Wilderness Lodge!
2009 - January - Contemporary
2010 - January - Contemporary
2011 - February - Magic - Western
2012 - August - Fantasy - Western
lisadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #755
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinjojo View Post
Castaway looked so empty without the Flying Dutchman sitting in the cool blue water but I guess the Dream woulda just crushed it when it docked LOL They could have moved across to the other little cove on the opposite side of the roadway so we could still enjoy the splenda!
I bet it does look empty. Does anyone know if they demolished it or if they just sailed it to somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Me too. We need to do this all again. I wish that all of us could have planted our loungers near each other, our dining tables next to each other, and some serious socializing at some of the venues that I didn't encounter on my first Disney Cruise. There were some super cool adults and kiddos that cruised on the Halloween Magic 2010!!!
This is the BEST and SWEETEST idea!

Quote:
Amen to that! Even though all of us won't be on the 8/25 cruise, I'm hoping those of us that are get to hang out with each other more this time. The October cruise went by so fast and I feel like I missed so much.
We won't be on that cruise, but all of you repeat cruisers should link your reservations together and request tables in the same section. You're going to have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The new cabanas on CC....are you able to rent them or are they on a first come basis? Just wonderin'

Tracy
You rent them- for $$$, they come with a cabana boy and some drinks/snacks. I saw where someone with an infant said it saved their day, the baby was able to nap, and they could store formula in the refrigerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
How could we ever get tired of the sunset pics?

Thanks- I'm glad!

You packed alot of fun in to your CC day! I would like to explore more next time.

Yes, we tried to see all the new things since we had done a pretty thorough exploration of CC last time of everything else on our bikes.

That bar does look like you stepped into somebody's grandma's basement!
It really feels like it- they even have old copies of Playboy & Life from the 60's...or at least they DID....
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #756
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I bet it does look empty. Does anyone know if they demolished it or if they just sailed it to somewhere else?

RIP Dutchy... 2006-2010

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #757
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Hey Ellen! Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading along and loving your report.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #758
MEK
DIS Veteran

It's possible I missed an update or two along the way. I hate that your trip report is all the way over HERE on the cruise boards. So .....Far.....Away!

Did I read that you said they took the Flying dutchman away? I'll have to go back and re read that.

What a great incentive to exercise - go watch the ship sail away.

Love the sunset pictures and, just between you and me, I wouldn't have noticed the difference between CC and Key West.

Last Day - Oh No!

I think I have stirred some interest among the East meets West gals. I think Tracy, Cynthia, and I are probably most interested. As far as the soccer moms ...pfffft.....I can't even get them to read the email I sent about an October trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #759
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Last day?????????? Please say it isn't soooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know they had removed the Flying Dutchman!!!!!!! What a shame! It made for some cool photos!

BTW - I LOVED your CC update! So many fond memories!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #760
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Last night?

I agree, you can never have too many sunset pictures. They are my favorite. When I go home, I always make sure to get some sunrise and sunset pics along the Pacific Coast.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #761
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
So....the boys had some dessert....

Tyler was very impressed with his ice cream getting skills...
Thats talant right there LOL

Timmy & Tyler entered a Basketball shooting contest...and Timmy WON! He was sooooo proud of himself! They even gave him a medal for his accomplishment-
How cool what an awesome momento!

At 2:30 CC was very cleared out, and all I could think was, what's the rush?? We have until 4:30!
ya thats crazy we stayed until the horn sounded and then some

The big thing is that you have to swim out to it, then stand there and freeze while you wait, then go down the slide and swim all the way back in, then swim out again from the beach to go again. But it was SOOOOO worth it!! Those slides were a BLAST!! What a GREAT addition to CC!! And the dark one? Even Pods said that was a great slide, really fast.
Im guessing they make you swim all the way back and forth to maybe try and limit the amount of times people do it to make the line shorter. lol 2 times would have done it for me. Boys said they cant wait to try it... ya same here.. someday

Quote:

wow Timmy and Tyler sure have gotten younger.. I know Disney brings out the kid in you but turns back time too??

I took a few more pics of the Flying Dutchman...I must have had AWESOME intuition that day, since this all came down a week later!!
Wonder what they are going to replace it with.. or will they?

UGH. Getting back on the Magic after CC is the WORST!!! Dejavu from earlier in the trip-
oh no thought there was another trip to medical for a second there

And Pods & I decided to go work out! SO we were up in the gym when we sailed away from CC....of course, I brought a camera!!
Seriously after a day of swimming, and doing arm curls with Konk Koolers? thats a work out in itself, you guys rock

Quote:

And I went to get a snack, which doesn't look like much, but actually tasted very nice...
looks yummy!

I had run into Judy (tjbaggott) at some point in all this, and she mentioned something about taking some sunset pics from her balcony tonight, because she had yet to do that...sounds like a good idea to me, Judy! You can never have too many pretty pics, can you?
heck no love sunset pics on vacation, even if it isnt mine

If some of these look familiar...well, that's because I mistakenly posted some of them as Key West sunsets. (I'm sure everyone remembered that) I had an issue with SD cards, and would replace one with another when I thought I was running out of room....I DID have a 4GB card specifically for this whole cruise, but, unfortunately, it was with my computer, somewhere in Orlando....I hoped. Anyway, as a result, my pics are all over four cards....one card is a mish mosh of everything! So I apologize if you are sick of looking at my sunset pix!
oh man that sucks.. note to self get a size 16gb mem card i have an 8 and still need more room at times.

Up next...our last night! Can you stand it??
NOOOOO say it aint so.... but guess we only have a few months to wait till a DIS Moms trip report, then your gonna do a RCCL trippy right???

Quote:

And I hate when your TR's come to an end. They are so enjoyable to read. But all good things come to an end. We just have to wait for your next report.
I agree!!

And because you are such a WDW fan and all I have to share some good news. When we go down to WDW here in March our girls are going to be performing with their school choir on the stage at DTD! Just found out last night that they will be performing there. I am so super excited about this. So when I tape my girls at our favorite place in the world, it will have our home resort of SSR in the back ground. Plus, when they do the marching band they will be at MK on Main Street USA!!!! Sorry, just had to share cuz we are all just big old Disney fanatics here!
how awesome, congrats to her, have fun!

Quote:

RIP Dutchy... 2006-2010
thats just ubber sad but glad we got to see it at least once. Any word on what may or may not be replacing it.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #762
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Mary Ellen and Tracy directed me over here and I'm so glad they did! I'm having a great time reading about your cruise! It's certainly a tempting idea...

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #763
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi there Ellen just reading along !!!Waiting anxiously for next Sunday when I can make my ressies for August!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #764
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile R.i.p. ......flyng dutchie.......

we hardly knew yea.

P.S......cool pics of the ship!

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #765
podsnel

Quote:
What a great day at CC! That slide is a lot of fun. Those sunset pictures are awesome too. So relaxing.

That is sooooo cool, Chris!! How exciting for all of you!! How many millions of pics do you think you'll be taking?? Congratulations to the girls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadam View Post
Sorry, I don't, but maybe he's in another grade? Tim's in 6th. Do you know David Lindros in your town? He's 11, almost 12.
Sammy is in 6th - but I don't know which school he is in. I just checked Jake's middle school directory and David is in 6th grade with him. I'll ask him if he knows him. He's not from J's elementary school and I just don't know all the kids in his middle school grade... there are too many now!

One week til I leave - I've loved your pictures and report.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know how that is...when the schools combine in Middle School it becomes difficult to keep track of everyone! If I don't hear from you before- have a FABULOUS time on your cruise!!! Please come back and tell us all about it!!

Quote:

RIP Dutchy... 2006-2010
Ok...those pictures are SO SAD!!! It must have been in really bad shape for them to tear it up, I guess....I would have thought they would just tow it to another side of the island, it never would have occured to me they would smash it to bits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Hey Ellen! Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading along and loving your report.
I'm so glad, Myst!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: