Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #346
JAM113
Mouseketeer
 
JAM113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western New York
Posts: 205

Thanks for a great, thorough report. Love all the pics. You have renewed my excitement for our upcoming trip. I had been feeling rather weighed down by some of the negative reports coming back. Can't wait until next week!
__________________
1981-off property; 1999-day trip; 2000-Contemporary / AS Sports; 2001- off property; 2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2011-DCL Dream 4 night and B2B 3 night; 2012 - AS Music with Marching band; 2012-DCL Magic 8 night NYC to Bahamas; 2012 - AKV Kidani; 2013 - Saratoga Springs; 2013 - Grand Floridian Villas; 2014 - Boardwalk Villas; 2014 - DCL Wonder 5 night double dip; 2015 - AKL Jambo; 2015 - DCL TA Barcelona to Miami

Me DH DD21 DD18

JAM113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #347
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!
 
DizDragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
The family hot tub kinda ewwwks me out..
I know, right?
__________________
~Karen
DizDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #348
noahdove
DIS Veteran
 
noahdove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,598

Amazing!!!! Thank you for spending so much time to inform us of what awaits us when we arrive for our cruise I am so excited...your pictures are awesome!!!!!
__________________
Grace and Peace to you all,

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #349
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotrulz View Post
How crazy was it to get a longer in Quiet Cove -- on either deck?
Not sure....sorry, I don't go near the pools during the day, I need to stay in the shade as much as possible. The adult area on deck 11 was pretty busy on the sea day though

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Well, I am just going to have to ride Aqua Duck! You make it sound fabulous, which I'm sure it is!
Well, in my opinion it was fantastic!! I giggled like a little girl every single time! But I guess like everything else, to each their own I hope you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM113 View Post
Thanks for a great, thorough report. Love all the pics. You have renewed my excitement for our upcoming trip. I had been feeling rather weighed down by some of the negative reports coming back. Can't wait until next week!
I wouldn't put too much weight into those bad reviews, I think most of them stem from the Dream's newness. They will eventually get things running smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Amazing!!!! Thank you for spending so much time to inform us of what awaits us when we arrive for our cruise I am so excited...your pictures are awesome!!!!!
Thanks, I am just so lucky to have sailed her so I am happy to share my experience with everyone else
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #350
KS929
DCL Fanatic
 
KS929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 938

How many of those windows were shattered?? It looks terrible!
__________________
Disney Dream - 4-Night Bahamian - August 21, 2011| Disney Wonder - 4-Night Bahamian - August 31, 2008




KS929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #351
idreamaway
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS929 View Post
How many of those windows were shattered?? It looks terrible!
Are we sure they were shattered? Could they have been a design feature?

Anyway, Cass - Beyond WONDERFUL trip report! You are making me SO excited for our cruise... in TWO DAYS!!!
idreamaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #352
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!
 
DizDragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by idreamaway View Post
Are we sure they were shattered? Could they have been a design feature?
Nope, definitely shattered. I was just reading about the concierge cabins and someone mentioned that they upgraded at port to concierge only to find out that their veranda glass was shattered and they couldn't see through it.
__________________
~Karen
DizDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #353
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck
 
cntkg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
The family hot tub kinda ewwwks me out..

I'm thinking the same thing Sistah P.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Because of the crowds???

Kids (and probably some adults) + warm water =


****

Awesome pictures Cass. I think you covered just about everything too...except the gift shops? Maybe I missed those pics though.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #354
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar
 
Dyerneeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I'm thinking the same thing Sistah P.

Kids (and probably some adults) + warm water =

Hey! One accident on our BOB cruise and you're going to hold it against me forever?
I'M KIDDING!!


Thanks again Cass for such a great report!
__________________
2011 DCL Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2899739
October 2009 Trip Report
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #355
disgrits
DIS Veteran
 
disgrits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: a little over an hour from the House of Mouse
Posts: 5,281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Because of the crowds???
I guess so. I just think of kids in warm water means--well you know. I guess the crowd made it worse for me...

No biggie, though. To each his own, I say....
__________________
Can't wait to cruise again!

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #356
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney
 
Kurby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Posts: 10,710

ya but that's why you're swimming in chlorine in public pools

we don't put nearly the amount in our pool at home as the do in public pools
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #357
disgrits
DIS Veteran
 
disgrits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: a little over an hour from the House of Mouse
Posts: 5,281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ya but that's why you're swimming in chlorine in public pools

we don't put nearly the amount in our pool at home as the do in public pools
__________________
Can't wait to cruise again!

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #358
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK
 
Karen Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sutton Coldfield UK
Posts: 11,620

Cass, sorry - another question...

On the aqua duck - when you go over the "joins" on the tube in your little boat, can you feel it?

I dont want my "dodgy" back seizing on me if its bump bump bump all the way down as I'll be laid up in bed for the rest of the week!
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #359
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS929 View Post
How many of those windows were shattered?? It looks terrible!
Like I was saying...I saw two on deck 11 and one on a concierge verandah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idreamaway View Post

Anyway, Cass - Beyond WONDERFUL trip report! You are making me SO excited for our cruise... in TWO DAYS!!!
Oh wow, not long for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post

Awesome pictures Cass. I think you covered just about everything too...except the gift shops? Maybe I missed those pics though.
I got a few pics of the gift shops...haven't gotten to it yet but soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
Thanks again Cass for such a great report!


Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
I guess so. I just think of kids in warm water means--well you know. I guess the crowd made it worse for me...

No biggie, though. To each his own, I say....
That's why I like the adult ones I'm sure you and Rob could sneak away to the QC area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Cass, sorry - another question...

On the aqua duck - when you go over the "joins" on the tube in your little boat, can you feel it?

I dont want my "dodgy" back seizing on me if its bump bump bump all the way down as I'll be laid up in bed for the rest of the week!
There were two places where I could definitely feel it when I went over the joints...at the very beginning and then right near the end...if you sit up a little then you won't feel it so bad. Plus when you ride with two people, you can feel it even more because of the weight

Other than that, it was good. I have a very bad back so I know exactly what you mean!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #360
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK
 
Karen Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sutton Coldfield UK
Posts: 11,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
There were two places where I could definitely feel it when I went over the joints...at the very beginning and then right near the end...if you sit up a little then you won't feel it so bad. Plus when you ride with two people, you can feel it even more because of the weight

Other than that, it was good. I have a very bad back so I know exactly what you mean!
Excellent - forewarned is forearmed....beginning and end... plus I'll ride with Ellis,...he's a LOT lighter than Neil

Keep the trippie coming Cass, Neil and I are loving it
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: