Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #736
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I was kind of bummed that they didn't have the cookie dough soft serve at CC anymore....just chocolate and vanilla this time.

I was chilly too! It was really windy, overcast and started drizzling a bit a one point. If you cruised by our lounge chairs on your walk, I was the one laying down with her baseball cap and cover up still on and with towels over her legs for blankets! Yet my kids were in the water. Go figure.

I'm wondering if the obnoxious family you encountered was the same family that was in the cabin next to us. Did they consist of a dad, a mom, a son and a daughter? The Dad and the kids spent the week yelling at each other and slamming stuff around in their cabin. At least once, Dad slapped a kid. More than one peaceful morning on my verandah was ruined by their constant fighting. I wondered why they bothered to go on vacation at all, since they all seemed to sort of hate each other.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #737
lisadam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Who are your friends? Do I know them? Pods & I know alot of people from being involved in stuff- they would know him for being a coach of baseball, basketball & soccer (a while back on the soccer) and he is the treasurer of the town baseball league....I'm the PTA President at one of the middle schools in town and we go to Fanwood Presbyterian Church. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, I really enjoyed posting those pics, it was a fun night!
OK - this post wasn't to me - but I'm going to ask anyway - DS's best friend in daycare -from diapers to graduation to kindergarden - is 11 -and I believe still plays baseball (we drift in and out of touch) do you know Sammy Venick?
2001 - 2006 - - 6 stays at the Wilderness Lodge!
2009 - January - Contemporary
2010 - January - Contemporary
2011 - February - Magic - Western
2012 - August - Fantasy - Western
lisadam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #738
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Castaway Cay Day Cont'd

I took a few more pics of the Flying Dutchman...I must have had AWESOME intuition that day, since this all came down a week later!!

There was a long line to get back on the ship at the closer entrance, so we hoofed it to the front-

UGH. Getting back on the Magic after CC is the WORST!!! Dejavu from earlier in the trip-

Now, I have no idea how I ended up here, but I guess to take some pictures? I really can't recall, but these are the cute displays outside of the shops-

Then a few pics of CC from the cabin-

Back in the cabin...

And Pods & I decided to go work out! SO we were up in the gym when we sailed away from CC....of course, I brought a camera!!

It was really great to workout on the ellipticals and watch them get the ship ready for our departure! Still so sad to leave, though....

Cont'd next post-

podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #739
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Catching up. One little snow day and everyone goes crazy. It took three class periods to catch the students up to where we were before the snow day (and these are adult students –yep, snowbrain effects all).

Ellen, your dress is cuter than Daisy’s AND your bottom is covered. Daisy has a nekked bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hope you warm up soon! We usually get a taste of Spring, and then get Winter back just in time for Spring break. poor kiddos.

We loved Spokane when we were stationed there!!!Let me know if you get to Southern Oregon - it would be fun to meet up!
When looking for a place to live, take a look at the taxes. Alot of people work in Portland and live in Vancouver, WA because there is no property tax up there and no sales tax in Oregon.

I don't know what you do, but Intel is expanding, I heard.

We are actually thinking of retiring somewhere out of Oregon. Hopefully somewhere warm, but this year that would be here!
Magicfor2, thanks much for the offer to meet. I think it would be great fun to meet a fellow dis-friend.

Regarding what we do career-wise, I have this big fancy degree in psychology but all I do is teach at a community college. I spent a few years at a university doing a combination of research and teaching and found out I really enjoy the teaching aspect but not the research portion of the job.

Rob (spouse) is an economist and works for the state, community health area. He manages a program which focuses on obtaining medical screening and improving life-style choices/behaviors (nutrition, exercise, etc) for low-income women (working poor, not those with social service benefits). You cannot believe how often I hear “5 a day”…

We would love to live in a rural area but because of our employment opportunities will probably have to live near a medium to large city. Send me a pm if you have any suggestions.

kate

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 02-10-2011 at 12:23 PM.
kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #740
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Castaway Sailaway, cont'd

On the way back to the cabin, we stopped for a minute to watch Finding Nemo on the Dumbotron....

And I went to get a snack, which doesn't look like much, but actually tasted very nice...

I had run into Judy (tjbaggott) at some point in all this, and she mentioned something about taking some sunset pics from her balcony tonight, because she had yet to do that...sounds like a good idea to me, Judy! You can never have too many pretty pics, can you?

If some of these look familiar...well, that's because I mistakenly posted some of them as Key West sunsets. (I'm sure everyone remembered that) I had an issue with SD cards, and would replace one with another when I thought I was running out of room....I DID have a 4GB card specifically for this whole cruise, but, unfortunately, it was with my computer, somewhere in Orlando....I hoped. Anyway, as a result, my pics are all over four cards....one card is a mish mosh of everything! So I apologize if you are sick of looking at my sunset pix!

Up next...our last night! Can you stand it??

podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #741
JKSWonder

Quote:
Up next...our last night! Can you stand it??
No, I can't stand it! Freeze time, reverse it now and send me back!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #742
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Nooo! Slow down! It's going too fast, just like the cruise did!

What an awesome day at CC! I was wondering how we never saw you guys that day, although surprisingly we were in some of the same areas.

We have never seen the game pavilion either, wow... it is pretty cool. Will definitely have to check it out next time!!

The wedding I'd have to guess was somewhere in the 9:00 hour. I didn't realize we had gotten out there that early because we had already done a bunch of stuff by the time we actually saw the wedding take place but I guess we had!!

I missed hte cookie dough ice cream too. I was wondering if it was because we were at Cookies Too and not "old" Cookies but I guess not.

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #743
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Nooo, so sad to see that your TR is almost done. I just love reading your reports. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures from ST. John I really enjoyed those. One of these days I will make it there, I just have to work on DH.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #744
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

it is sad that this one is almost over but soon the DIS mom trip will fill our days. wooo-hooooo!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #745
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I hope if your DH's KTTW card ever goes missing, you will be fortunate enough to have Clifford find it for you!

Thanks- I got my dress in a Surf Shop last Spring in the OBX. I'll be missing that vacation this year, we are staying put for Spring Break (although I may be tempted to drive down to Washington for a couple of days to see the Cherry Blossoms with the boys.....).

The Flying Dutchman is gone now, right? Glad I got to see her one last time! And I'm with ya...I would totally love to yo-ho-yo-ho with Captain Jack on that island!

Pluto IS a good doggie!!
Castaway looked so empty without the Flying Dutchman sitting in the cool blue water but I guess the Dream woulda just crushed it when it docked LOL They could have moved across to the other little cove on the opposite side of the roadway so we could still enjoy the splenda!

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #746
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
No, I can't stand it! Freeze time, reverse it now and send me back!
Me too. We need to do this all again. I wish that all of us could have planted our loungers near each other, our dining tables next to each other, and some serious socializing at some of the venues that I didn't encounter on my first Disney Cruise. There were some super cool adults and kiddos that cruised on the Halloween Magic 2010!!!
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #747
manntra
DIS Veteran

The new cabanas on CC....are you able to rent them or are they on a first come basis? Just wonderin'

Tracy
Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #748
JKSWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Me too. We need to do this all again. I wish that all of us could have planted our loungers near each other, our dining tables next to each other, and some serious socializing at some of the venues that I didn't encounter on my first Disney Cruise. There were some super cool adults and kiddos that cruised on the Halloween Magic 2010!!!
Amen to that! Even though all of us won't be on the 8/25 cruise, I'm hoping those of us that are get to hang out with each other more this time. The October cruise went by so fast and I feel like I missed so much.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #749
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

How could we ever get tired of the sunset pics?

You packed alot of fun in to your CC day! I would like to explore more next time.

That bar does look like you stepped into somebody's grandma's basement!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #750
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a great day at CC! That slide is a lot of fun. Those sunset pictures are awesome too. So relaxing.

And I hate when your TR's come to an end. They are so enjoyable to read. But all good things come to an end. We just have to wait for your next report.

And because you are such a WDW fan and all I have to share some good news. When we go down to WDW here in March our girls are going to be performing with their school choir on the stage at DTD! Just found out last night that they will be performing there. I am so super excited about this. So when I tape my girls at our favorite place in the world, it will have our home resort of SSR in the back ground. Plus, when they do the marching band they will be at MK on Main Street USA!!!! Sorry, just had to share cuz we are all just big old Disney fanatics here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: