Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

DAY FOUR (Part 3)
MONDAY - December 13, 2010

WINE TASTING
I have never done a wine tasting. I am definitely not a connoisseur of wine. But, I do enjoy a good wine when I come across one to my liking. The Cadillac Lounge was filled with some familiar faces. Over the years, we’ve attended a few DIS Events like DISapalooza last year and a DIS group Adventures by Disney trip last April. So, we’ve gotten to know a few DISers and members of the Podcast crew over the years.

The wine tasting group.

All the tables were full. So, we hopped up onto the bar stools.

Ready for my first wine tasting.

Waiting on the bar was a flight of wines for the tasting. Some reds and some whites.

My flight of wine.

Also, there was chocolate and white chocolate to accompany some of the wines for the tasting.

The yummy chocolate. (I couldn't help myself. I munched on it during the whole tasting! LOL)

A DCL sommelier led the wine tasting. He gave us the history of each wine and told us the proper way to swirl the wine and taste.

Our DCL Sommelier.

Some of the wines were good and some were really, really bad. I was surprised how the chocolate made the wine taste differently. I can now see how pairing wine with the right food can make the wine taste better (or worse).

Mom "enjoying" the wine tasting.

Cheers Bill!

Being my first wine tasting, I learned a lot. I wouldn’t mind doing another one in the future.

This was my favorite wine.

After the wine tasting, we went to check on the kids in the clubs. Since, we (Mom, Bill and I) are having dinner at Palo tonight, we aren't eating in the main dining room. So, we wanted to catch the early stage show (Toy Story - The Musical). The boys were having too much fun. So, Emily came with Bill and I to the show. Mom went back to her stateroom to shower and get ready for dinner later. We've seen Toy Story - The Musical on past cruises. It is a condensed version of the movie with some new songs. It is cute.

Pictures from Toy Story - The Musical.

All throughout the day, people had been mumbling whether we would get to Castaway Cay tomorrow. There was a nasty storm brewing offshore. Conditions have to be just right for the Captain to pull into CC. We finally heard that we would stay docked in Nassau for the night and the Captain would head out to sea early in the morning for our At Sea day. He was switching up the days. Then, he would "try" to dock at Castaway Cay on Wednesday. Fingers crossed we get to Castaway Cay.

I decided to step outside to get some fresh air and take some pictures before heading back to our stateroom to get ready for our Palo dinner. As soon as I stepped outside, I felt the wind and rain. It was nasty outside.

Deck 4 Pictures (not a soul in sight)

A wet and windy evening in Nassau.

I sure am glad we are staying docked this evening. Otherwise, I might have to break out the Bonine. The kids were all safe in the clubs. So, I could get ready for dinner without any distractions. Besides being with my family, there are two things I look forward to most on a Disney cruise ... our day at Castaway Cay and dinner at Palo. I am really looking forward to this dinner.

We made our way to the elevator and pushed floor 10. Dinner at Palo awaits!

COMING UP: Dinner at Palo
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 02-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.
TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: