Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #1066
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like that was one super great day filled with lots of fun. I've never tried the pick a pearl but may have to on the next trip!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #1067
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Looks like Day 5 was a lot of fun! Can't wait to read about the last day!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #1068
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra
Stunning pictures Mary Ellen Love your recap I really want to stay at "the sandwich resort" in October so that we can pool hop
I love her pics too and her recaps are great; shoulda done that all the way through! The sandwich resort? Oh Oh Oh! BLT; duh. Yeah, I knew that. I think the Contemporary looks like a big taoster, so I was confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs
Such a lovely day- the whole lot of it. From sun- up to sun-down there were just beautiful pictures and a whole lotta fun. Looking forward to finding out what your last day held for you two!!
I have a love/hate relationship with the last day of any WDW trip. At the time, I am usually ready to go home and get back to real life; especially on this trip because I was away from my kids. But once I'm back in real life, I look back and really wish I was still there in WDW! Writing the TR with MEK has been awesome! To see it come to an end is very sad for me because I don't know when my next trip will be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137
Fabulous photos and fabulous report!
Thanks! I love photo reports, so much easier to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy
woo hoo for day 5! It sounds like the perfect Disney day!
The morning we spent at GF really was perfect. I can't tell ya why, but it was just surreal and very memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep
Looks like that was one super great day filled with lots of fun. I've never tried the pick a pearl but may have to on the next trip!
I have a pick-a-pearl problem; I'M ADDICTED! Way back when, there was a pick-a-pearl place in AK and I watched a lady pull out an 8mm BLUE pearl and I am not on the quest to find one too! I have no idea if it's even possible any more (no idea what kind of pearls are possible to find) but I love the ladies in Japan and picking a pearl there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9
Looks like Day 5 was a lot of fun! Can't wait to read about the last day!
WAH! I don't want it to be the last day!

D4D
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #1069
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Pearls!

Before I head to bed, I'll atleast give you the pearls!

I believe mine is on bottom and MEK's in on top. My pearl was slightly larger, but I like the pink color hers has. If I could have afforded it, I would have put mine in a gold setting (to match the golden pearl).

D4D
Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #1070
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky4Disney View Post
Before I head to bed, I'll atleast give you the pearls!

I believe mine is on bottom and MEK's in on top. My pearl was slightly larger, but I like the pink color hers has. If I could have afforded it, I would have put mine in a gold setting (to match the golden pearl).

D4D
Hey Jennifer:

Thanks so much for doing replies yesterday. I had church followed by a band concert followed by a super bowl party. Not sure why, but something I drank last night totally did not agree with me. I am swearing off alcohol until the May trip!

I did not realize our pearls were so different in color. I really do like my pearl and I think I will wear it when I go back in May!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #1072
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Those are really nice pearls, I picked a pearl at Sea World in the 80's. I had it mounted in a ring.

Nooo! Can't be coming to the end of your TR, what will I read?
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #1073
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
pretties!!!!
Why, Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Those are really nice pearls, I picked a pearl at Sea World in the 80's. I had it mounted in a ring.

Nooo! Can't be coming to the end of your TR, what will I read?
They really are pretty. I forgot we both had them mounted the same way. Of course, I forgot a lot of things about that night!

Never fear - I will drag out our last day for a little while. I took a TON of pictures. Probably because it was the last day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #1074
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:

I have a love/hate relationship with the last day of any WDW trip. At the time, I am usually ready to go home and get back to real life; especially on this trip because I was away from my kids. But once I'm back in real life, I look back and really wish I was still there in WDW! Writing the TR with MEK has been awesome! To see it come to an end is very sad for me because I don't know when my next trip will be!

Me too. I am always ready to go home, and look back everyday wishing I was there.

And I"m so with you on it being so much harder because I don't know when mine will be either I'm averaging about one every 4 years or so, and that's so hard to wait for!!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #1075
Ducky4Disney
-->Place Tag HERE!<---

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Me too. I am always ready to go home, and look back everyday wishing I was there.

And I"m so with you on it being so much harder because I don't know when mine will be either I'm averaging about one every 4 years or so, and that's so hard to wait for!!
Oh my - 1 trip every 4 years?!

I was averaging 2 a year and even managed to do 4 trips one year! If it weren't for those pesky kids...

D4D
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #1076
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

It seems that I average a trip every 2 or 3 years. I would like to go more often, but DH does not like Disney as well as I do.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #1077
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think its great that you love it there so much. Seems like its a favorite of quite a few people. I forget, don't you own at Kidani?
Yep, we do. When we bought in I didn't know much about the re-sale market, or even asking to buy an older property from Disney. We are very happy with Kidani though, so no regrets! Our future add-on will most likely be at a different resort though, I'd venture to say the BW is a high contender for that, or if we love BLT as much that will also be in the running.

Great re-cap! I really like that idea, I might have to steal it. Also, beautiful pearls! I was on the pick a pearl thread last night and saw a few settings that I liked...I want to do a ring I think...we'll see what I like in person and if Joe says yes! (hey, it's cheaper than a Dooney, right????)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #1078
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sadly, I am bumping my own TR so I can come back and find it easier tonight. Be back with replies after I EAT!

Old 02-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #1079
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

with you MEK and your bumping.

I believe you have now officially sold me on pick a pearl. Adding it to my WS to-do list. Lord knows I spend enough time there. I'm excited to have something new to do!

Do they have a lot of different settings?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #1080
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I usually prepare myself mentally for whatever my length of stay is and then I, too, am usually ready to go by the time its my last day. But on my trip with Jen I could easily have stayed a couple more days because I really liked the pace we were going at and the things we were doing. I think 5 nights is really a good length for a girls trip.

Quote:

Oh My - I feel bad for you guys on the west coast. I love knowing I'm only a 2hr flight from Orlando. It makes me feel so much closer.

Quote:
Oh my - 1 trip every 4 years?!

I was averaging 2 a year and even managed to do 4 trips one year! If it weren't for those pesky kids...

D4D
Don't listen to her - she is such a show off! The other thing Jen failed to mention is that her family trips are usually nice "short" 10 days trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
It seems that I average a trip every 2 or 3 years. I would like to go more often, but DH does not like Disney as well as I do.
That's where the girl's trips come in handy. For the DH who doesn't want to go every year. That's how Denny is. He could average once every 18 to 24 months but if the trips are closer than a year he starts saying, "This place is getting boring. I've done everything".

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Yep, we do. When we bought in I didn't know much about the re-sale market, or even asking to buy an older property from Disney. We are very happy with Kidani though, so no regrets! Our future add-on will most likely be at a different resort though, I'd venture to say the BW is a high contender for that, or if we love BLT as much that will also be in the running.
I have a feeling you will like BW more than BLT. IDK - I could be wrong. So far I have only stayed at Kidani, VWL, and SSR and I liked all those rooms better than BLT. I'm kind-of glad I don't own there because I just didn't love the studio. I wanted too. I think Kidani is my favorite so far. I can't wait to see how I think BCV and BWV compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

Great re-cap! I really like that idea, I might have to steal it. Also, beautiful pearls! I was on the pick a pearl thread last night and saw a few settings that I liked...I want to do a ring I think...we'll see what I like in person and if Joe says yes! (hey, it's cheaper than a Dooney, right????)
I had NO idea there is a pick a pearl thread. What will they think of next? And - Yes - Definitely cheaper than a Dooney and a great little souvie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
with you MEK and your bumping.

Pathetic, Isn't it? I am so lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I believe you have now officially sold me on pick a pearl. Adding it to my WS to-do list. Lord knows I spend enough time there. I'm excited to have something new to do!

Do they have a lot of different settings?
Cool! Then I am going as your paparazzi so I can capture the event with digital images! It really is a fun activity because those girls makes it hysterical.

And, yes, they have tons of different settings. I basically picked the simplest, least expensive setting because I was in no shape to make any difficult decisions and I knew it would work on the silver chain I have. I honestly thought the settings were somewhat overpriced, but you are paying for the show and the convenience.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: