Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #151
Timon

DIS Junkie

Royal Palace Part 1 Dinner

Our third night was supposed to be at RP but we had Palo booked so we didn't have dinner there until the last night. We planned it so that the only menu we have both experienced before (Pirate) would be the one we missed

The RP is beautiful, definitely the fancier of all 3. It felt very polished, regal and like the CM on the tour said, just like the prince's ballroom.

I had both breakfast and dinner in this restaurant...let's start with dinner!

Loved the bowls!

The AMAZING Corinne and Luis!

I really enjoyed the beef tenderloin but I also ordered the Lamb because I wanted the potatoes that came with it and I am glad I ordered it cus they were phenomenal!!

The baked onion soup was sooo good too! The cauliflower soup was just OK and the vanilla creme brulle was good too!

Breakfast in the next post...
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #152
JLDSMD
Platinum Castaway Club

Did you have one of the rounded booths in EG or did you have the normal table?

Also, did someone at your table order from the kids menu or was it from a neighboring table?
Fantasy: 8/12-W, 4/15-E

WDW: 10/93 (Honeymoon), 10/03 (DS first trip), 10/04, 1/05, 1/06, 10/06, 1/07, 9/07, 10/07, 2/08, 9/09, 10/09, 2/10, 10/10, 12/10, 8/11, 10/11, 1/12, 8/12, 10/13, 4/14, 6/14, 8/14
DL: 10/98, 11/02, 9/05, 8/08, 3/11
Vero Beach: 10/06
JLDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #153
JLDSMD
Platinum Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Royal Palace Part 1 Dinner

Our third night was supposed to be at RP but we had Palo booked so we didn't have dinner there until the last night. We planned it so that the only menu we have both experienced before (Pirate) would be the one we missed

The RP is beautiful, definitely the fancier of all 3. It felt very polished, regal and like the CM on the tour said, just like the prince's ballroom.

I had both breakfast and dinner in this restaurant...let's start with dinner!

I really enjoyed the beef tenderloin but I also ordered the Lamb because I wanted the potatoes that came with it and I am glad I ordered it cus they were phenomenal!!

The baked onion soup was sooo good too! The cauliflower soup was just OK and the vanilla creme brulle was good too!

Breakfast in the next post...

This menu looks the best of them all (at least for me). I'd have a hard time choosing. Good thing I get to go there twice in a week.

How did you like the lamb?

Not sure if you've ever tried it, but I will order the main from one offering, the potato from another, and sometimes the vegie from a third. DCL is always accommodating that way.
Fantasy: 8/12-W, 4/15-E

WDW: 10/93 (Honeymoon), 10/03 (DS first trip), 10/04, 1/05, 1/06, 10/06, 1/07, 9/07, 10/07, 2/08, 9/09, 10/09, 2/10, 10/10, 12/10, 8/11, 10/11, 1/12, 8/12, 10/13, 4/14, 6/14, 8/14
DL: 10/98, 11/02, 9/05, 8/08, 3/11
Vero Beach: 10/06
JLDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #154
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Enchanted Garden Part 1
The company was fantastic....the service was phenomenal but I honestly didn't care for the food. Keep in mind that I am a picky eater. I don't like really fancy food...I am a meat and taters kind of girl so just because I didn't love it, doesn't mean the average guest wouldn't like it. ....
I'm with you on that Cass. I and my daughter both are picky eaters and much prefer meat and "taters". But I'm sure we will find something to eat each night. We managed on our Magic cruise in 2007.

Lovin' all the pics!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #155
Timon

DIS Junkie

Royal Palace Part 2 Breakfast

Michelle and I decided we should experience a sit-down breakfast so we went to RP on CC day.

Nothing special about it....it was good but honestly, I prefer Cabanas for both food, atmosphere and variety as well as the ease of just grabbing whatever you want and eating!

Here's some pics...

Our table

Sorry....blurry photo

Loved the baskets!! Anyone seen them on Ebay yet? LOL! The butter knives from AP from the MV are already on there

I got the Express Breakfast with an order of white toast...

They also came around and offered us pastries and rolls but I didn't want any....

Next up: Photos of the restaurant
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #156
Timon

DIS Junkie

Royal Palace Part 3

Love all the regal detailing here!!

Can you believe I didn't get a photo of the outside entrance of the restaurant???? I took so many photos that by day 3 I couldn't quite remember every shot and ended up missing a few things

I have just a handful left but at the photo limit....
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #157
Timon

DIS Junkie

Royal Palace Part 4

Just a few more and I'm done for the dining rooms!

Our table at dinner...forgot to post this

We were at a bigger table but it was just the four of us
Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #158
PammyK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Royal Palace Part 2 Breakfast

Michelle and I decided we should experience a sit-down breakfast so we went to RP on CC day.

Nothing special about it....it was good but honestly, I prefer Cabanas for both food, atmosphere and variety as well as the ease of just grabbing whatever you want and eating!

Here's some pics...

Next up: Photos of the restaurant
Oh, thats Jorge, our assistant server from January. He and Aiko were part of our top 3 things about the Disney Dream. We him. One of DCL's best hiring decisions for sure.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #159
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Wow, that ship looks elegant Cass. Just beautiful!
I think you will just love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
Yes they will. So when will the three of you be heading down again?
Not until Fall of 2012

Quote:
Did you have one of the rounded booths in EG or did you have the normal table?

Also, did someone at your table order from the kids menu or was it from a neighboring table?
We had a regular table in the back left corner in every restaurant. Michelle ordered the meatloaf from the kids menu that night

Quote:
This menu looks the best of them all (at least for me). I'd have a hard time choosing. Good thing I get to go there twice in a week.

How did you like the lamb?

Not sure if you've ever tried it, but I will order the main from one offering, the potato from another, and sometimes the vegie from a third. DCL is always accommodating that way.
The lamb was OK but the tenderloin was more my cup of tea. I have asked before to just get the side from a particular dish and they have always just brought me the whole dish...they said it was just easier for them that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
I'm with you on that Cass. I and my daughter both are picky eaters and much prefer meat and "taters". But I'm sure we will find something to eat each night. We managed on our Magic cruise in 2007.

Lovin' all the pics!
Yup, you can find meat and potatoes on every night so I was happy! There was one menu on the Magic that didn't have it....I think it was the big seafood night...Captain's Gala or something like that. Me no likey that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyK View Post
Oh, thats Jorge, our assistant server from January. He and Aiko were part of our top 3 things about the Disney Dream. We him. One of DCL's best hiring decisions for sure.
He seemed very personable but he only did the pastries so we didn't get to kn ow him at all.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #160
disgrits
DIS Veteran

It has been great looking at all these pics while I wait for Derek to finish swim practice. Thanks, Cass!

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #161
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

I'm hoping we get RP for Formal night. And I prefer my food to come from solid ground as well.

Last edited by dahuffy; 02-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #162
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

Hi Cass we're doing a back to back cruise on the Dream this fall so I started looking for trip reports and found yours Congratulations on being a Disney travel agent, how exciting and how exciting that you had this oppurtunity to cruise on the Dream . Wow what an amazing report so far. Thanks for all the great info and for posting all the great pictures!!! Now I really can't wait to sail in Oct. and I'm so glad we will have a week on the Dream! Can't wait for your next installment to read more and see more pictures!

Last edited by Cheryl N. WI; 02-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Cheryl N. WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #163
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Hi Cass,
Once again a great report. Thanks so much for all the pics and info. We just booked the 4 day Dream for Oct 16th and can't wait.
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #164
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

Wink

Quote:
Just kidding...our table mates were Deb and Kim and they were AWESOME!!! We totally lucked out with that because a lot of the TA's we ran into were grumpy and soooo unfriendly! (not all, some were super nice!) Deb and Kim were both so friendly and sooo down-to-earth and freaking hilarious!!!

By the time we were done with dinner, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard and I had a headache because I just couldn't stop laughing!!! Couldn't have had nicer dinner company! We also lucked out because it turns out that they were also our neighbours!!!

We had so many hilarious moments and stories but I will only share one....earlier in the day, Michelle was telling me about someone peeking over around the verandah divider while I was out taking photos. Well, we found out at dinner it was Deb!! It was sooo funny because Michelle thought it was a creepy old man looking for a thrill but it was only Deb making sure no one was out there on the verandah before she lit up a cigarette!!

So, instead of a creepy old man, it turned out to be a very considerate sweet lady who didn't want to blow smoke in our faces! Which was awesome and completely hilarious to us.
Soooo glad you had nice table mates & neighbors!!
Love your report so far......I'm laughing all over again!!
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! ºOº $$$ #493 & MWT!
Pooh's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #165
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
I'm hoping we get RP for Formal night. And I prefer my food to come from solid ground as well.

No formal night on the Dream (unless they do one on the 5 day cruises ), but for sure on the Fantasy!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: