Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #121
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Oh my god...AMAZING trippie Cass... I knew it would be good, but OH MY GOD!!! - I am squeeling at almost every piccie

Roll on October
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #122
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
My Stateroom Part 1

I will start with OUR stateroom 9534 Cat 5A

It was a connecting room that was right at the forward elevators.

After...

To be continued....
Hi Cass,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to photograph this stateroom in such detail. We have two connecting cat 5B's on deck 8 and had many questions about the layout and storage etc....... which you have graciously answered so thoroughly throughout this report.

I have a few details I'm hoping you can assist with: (we've never cruised before so please bear with me)

1. Where did the small rectangular magnet with the gold disney dream lettering left of the peephole come from?

2. My girlfriend is now joining our group and bunking in our cabin. I too want her have comfortable bedding on the sofa. What are my chances of getting a second duvet for her?

3. How about a full second set of bath accessories for her?

4. It looked like your bathroom only had two full size bath towels. Is this based on the number of stateroom guests? Obviously we'll need more.

That's all for now. Thank you again for this great report.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #123
cruising dis
Earning My Ears

I'm LOVING all of your detailed information and pictures -

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you got some really good food pictures??
cruising dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #124
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Yay... I can't believe I missed this. How exciting for you!!! I'm glad you got to enjoy some "me" time even though it might have been hard to be away from your family. I'm enjoying the report. Congrats on being a travel agent for Disney. That's so cool!
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #125
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Amazing TR! You do an awesome job! We sail in May and your report is just what we need to make the time fly by!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #126
disgrits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One quick thing before bed....this is for Paige (disgrits)....

I asked a dining manager if they were ever going to have Brunch in Remy and he said no. Basically, they want to keep Remy (the room and the experience) very exclusive so unless you have a reservation, you can't even get into the room
You are awesome to get this information, Cass! I'm a little bummed by the news that Remy will not have brunch--not so much because I want to go to Remy, but because if both restaurants were open for brunch we would have a better chance at actually getting reservations. We'll only have the one day at sea, so I am sure Palo will book up super fast. Oh well, us lower class citizens will have to just make do....LOLOL!

Thanks again for the info, girlie.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #127
Scouter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
Always have loved your trip reports Cass. I even think we were actually on the same cruise in Oct. 2007 (Oct. 20-27--Magic Western).

Can't wait to read the rest of this trip report, as my daughter & I will be cruising on the Dream in June 2011. Gets me even more excited to read about the ship.

Hi Tammy!
Yes, we were all on that crusie together.
And our Dream date is getting closer!

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #128
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

#8502 THAT'S OUR ROOM! We have this one booked on the Fantasy. I've been waiting for this one to show up somewhere. Thank you!
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #129
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
#8502 THAT'S OUR ROOM! We have this one booked on the Fantasy. I've been waiting for this one to show up somewhere. Thank you!
How cool is that?!!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #130
dahuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
OMG!! Tell me the scale doesn't come standard in every stateroom!?! What a nightmare!

Last edited by dahuffy; 02-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #131
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Just checking in to say I am really really enjoying this so thank you for taking the time to do it. I have never been on a Disney Cruise, I have always thought why spend the time and money when I'd rather be at the parks, but one of the reasons I am really thinking of reconsidering is your report!! With all the stateroom pics especially, I feel like I was there checking everything out. I love how you even have under the bed pics! Awesome awesome awesome... can't wait for more.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #132
dahuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsrule27 View Post
Thanks for posting these photos! I am in room 8502 on the 8/7/2011 sailing and my TA had told me that there was a privacy curtain in the room but from your pics it looks like there isn't one. Can you confirm this?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #133
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare73 View Post
This may seem like a silly question, but I'll be going on my first ever cruise on the Dream in November...

I've heard of activities such as wine tastings, tequila tastings, etc. and thought others had mentioned that these activities would be listed on the Navigators...but I didn't see them on the ones scanned here. Did I misunderstand where we'll find info for those activities?

Thanks!
I did see the wine tasting but there wasn't nearly as many activities on a 4-day than there were on the 7-day. I was sad that there was no "MagicQuest" or "DreamQuest" like I thought there would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Txs for sharing.. great TR report...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Annihilator View Post
Lovin the piccies Cass!!
Thanks Robin and thanks for getting the two palms pic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemge View Post
The tastings do show up in Navigators, I think I remember seeing a wine tasting listed, but it was at 11 am or some odd time. I don't think they have too many tastings on the shorter cruises, at least in my experience.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post

tell me Cass..is her hubby a big dude?
Big and mean!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjoetory View Post
Thank you for all of this information!!

I loved that you took all of those TV pictures of the different selections - I think that will answer peoples questions about limited channels!

I also love your door magnets!

Question for you - how tiny do you feel the balcony was? I've been on many cruises (Disney, Princess, RCL, Carnival, Costa) but they've always been inside cabins. This is my first splurge, and the balconies look so small. Are they smaller than other ships' balconies, or this this standard?

This may also sound stupid, but the balconies have those bars going across so when you're sitting is all you see the bars and you have to look around them?

That's so funny to be able to look down on the 5th floor balconies. Someone said that if they scooched their chairs all the way back the people up above couldn't see them, but I think they may be wrong on that one!

Thanks!
Hmmm, well I have only sailed DCL and RCCL and they were pretty similar with the verandah size I think. I felt the verandah was great but I didn't use it a whole lot I guess. And I agree with you, I don't think they have bigger verandahs, just pushed out further at the ships' hips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I'm here, I'm here!!! SOOOO glad you had fun!!! I haven't had a chance to read your report yet, as I'm in Florida now myself (heading to WDW next week). I wanted to be sure to subscribe to your report, so I can read it when I get back. I've seen the first couple pages of pictures of your report and she sure looks like a beauty! I look forward to drooling over the rest of your pics!
Cool, well have fun in DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
We are getting more excited about the ship the more we see. We didn't care where she was going, just as long as we were on her. We'll treat the Nassau days as sea days so that we have more time to explore the ship. It's all about the ship for us, not the destination. The ship is the destination.

How clear was the picture on the "porthole"? Did it feel like you were actually looking outside?
Yup, feel the same way...the ship is the reason we sail! I didn't even get off in Nassau. The VP was like looking at a very nice, HD screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Loving your report and all the pictures! After our last 7-night in a 1-bedroom concierge room on the Magic, we swore it was the only way we would go. Then we saw the pictures of the 1-bedrooms on the Dream and said the only way we would do concierge on the Dream was via a Deluxe Family Concierge room. Now, seeing the verandahs for those rooms in your pictures we will not even do that. I am so disappointed with the clear overhang in the concierge rooms (which I was not even aware of until you posted your pics). I personally do not care for this, and my 6'7" husband would have to bend down to take in the view without the plexiglass in his way. Ugh!

So sorry your AEP tour of the ship did not happen. Surprising they allowed that many agents into the group (I think ours closed with less than 100).

Thanks for taking so many pictures! And sharing your thoughts with us!
The concierge rooms on deck 12 don't have that overhang, by the way, just on deck 11
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #134
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
Great trippie! I am definitely following along

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Oh my god...AMAZING trippie Cass... I knew it would be good, but OH MY GOD!!! - I am squeeling at almost every piccie

Roll on October::
LOL! Thanks Karen AP coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Hi Cass,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to photograph this stateroom in such detail. We have two connecting cat 5B's on deck 8 and had many questions about the layout and storage etc....... which you have graciously answered so thoroughly throughout this report.

I have a few details I'm hoping you can assist with: (we've never cruised before so please bear with me)

1. Where did the small rectangular magnet with the gold disney dream lettering left of the peephole come from? I made it in Photoshop

2. My girlfriend is now joining our group and bunking in our cabin. I too want her have comfortable bedding on the sofa. What are my chances of getting a second duvet for her? Hmmm, not sure...but you can always ask your room host when you get there

3. How about a full second set of bath accessories for her? Just ask your host, I doubt it will be a problem!

4. It looked like your bathroom only had two full size bath towels. Is this based on the number of stateroom guests? Obviously we'll need more.

There were 2 more big towels below the sink but you can always ask for more

That's all for now. Thank you again for this great report.
Answers are above in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising dis View Post
I'm LOVING all of your detailed information and pictures -

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you got some really good food pictures??
Maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Yay... I can't believe I missed this. How exciting for you!!! I'm glad you got to enjoy some "me" time even though it might have been hard to be away from your family. I'm enjoying the report. Congrats on being a travel agent for Disney. That's so cool!
There you are!!! Thanks and glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launchpad11B View Post
Amazing TR! You do an awesome job! We sail in May and your report is just what we need to make the time fly by!
Thanks, that's sweet! And I still have a loooooong way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
You are awesome to get this information, Cass! I'm a little bummed by the news that Remy will not have brunch--not so much because I want to go to Remy, but because if both restaurants were open for brunch we would have a better chance at actually getting reservations. We'll only have the one day at sea, so I am sure Palo will book up super fast. Oh well, us lower class citizens will have to just make do....LOLOL!

Thanks again for the info, girlie.
You're welcome sistah!! Well, we only had about 2700 or so people and our table mates were able to grab some Brunch ressies when they got onboard so RUN to D Lounge or wherever they are taking ressies when you get onboard if you can't get them online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Just checking in to say I am really really enjoying this so thank you for taking the time to do it. I have never been on a Disney Cruise, I have always thought why spend the time and money when I'd rather be at the parks, but one of the reasons I am really thinking of reconsidering is your report!! With all the stateroom pics especially, I feel like I was there checking everything out. I love how you even have under the bed pics! Awesome awesome awesome... can't wait for more.
You should see how many people decided to cruise DCL after my Live 2005 trippie Should have been a TA then and asked them all to book with me BTW, you won't regret cruising and you WILL rebook onboard....

this is not the droid you are looking for....

OK, gonna start the AP chapter now
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #135
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:

OK, gonna start the AP chapter now
Good...I'll go get some lunch and check back!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: