Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Rebooking next trip during current trip

Looking for advice on whether to book our next WDW trip during our upcoming spring trip. Last time we were there, they had flyers in the room about receiving a discount of up to 40% if you booked your next trip before check out. A few questions I have:

1. Does anyone know if they are still doing this offer or a similar offer? If so, do you have to call or can you just go to the front desk to reserve?

1a. If this "flyer offer" still exists where you rebook before checkout, do you have to rebook for the same resort or can you pick a different resort?

1b. If the offer is still in place, is there a minimum stay for the discount (i.e., 4 nights for the discount to apply)?

2. Anyone who has used these deals - are they usually better than what you find on your own? We are first time AP holders and are looking to return in the fall for F&W and MNSSHP - not sure if maybe we'd get a better deal waiting for an AP discount?

3. Considering that F&W is making October a busier month, should we go ahead and book now instead of waiting for our spring trip to rebook to make sure we get the fall weekend we want?

4. Any opinions on whether we'd likely get a better deal trying to rent DVC points from a member or buy a DVC member's existing reservation? We did this once and it was a great deal, but we were booking last minute and the member's points were about to expire.

Thanks!
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
glocon
DIS Veteran

They had this available when we were at AKL last June I can say for sure. But it seems like another visitor to these boards mentioned that even if you do not see the ad in your room to ask at reservations and you could get it. Good luck!
glocon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

I don't know if there is a current bounceback offer or not but I can tell you that you have always been able to select another resort than the one you are in when you call. I am pretty sure there might have been a minimum stay required but am not 100%. Ususally they are equivalent to AP discounts (or at least close enough). We are DVC/AP holders & I always look just to be sure.

My advice, if you know when/where you want to stay just book it so you have it. If something changes then it changes but at least you'll get your first choice.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discount, reservation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: