Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #91
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Thank you for your detailed report, it's much appreciated.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #92
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
OMG!! Tell me the scale doesn't come standard in every stateroom!?! What a nightmare!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #93
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
Cass, your stateroom was located not too far from where we will be (9043&9045) so it was good to hear that you liked the location. We are inside cabins, right around the elevator doors...
Cool! Yes, I loved our location....I would also easily stay mid-ship because of the convenience...not sure if I would stay aft though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
AWESOME Trip Report Cass and great that you had the opportunity to experience the Dream the way it all came together.

Can't wait to hear more. We have a B2B in October on the Dream and are trying to get as much info on her as possible. You TR I know will have a lot of good info to assist in our planning. Can't wait to read more.
Hey Jeff Yes, I am hoping this trip report will help others in planning their trips...being so new, there's not a lot of info out there so I took in as much as possible in order to share with others You and S and L are gonna LOVE it, I just know it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I just wanted to say thank-you for the wonderfully detailed report! We're going on our first cruise in June and I'm loving all the information you're sharing here
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
Thank you for posting pics of this room.
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have a question....I was looking at the navigator and it listed some character meets at Preludes. Where/ what is that? I don't seem to have seen that place mention in any of the reports I have read so far.
Preludes is the little bar just outside of the theatre...same as on the Magic...where they sell drinks and popcorn and other snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Cass....I am loving your TR and the awesome pics!!! We were in 8504 for the Jan 30th cruise, not the MV (we were in O/V 2004 for the MV). Wish I had known you wanted to see it...I would have invited you in when I saw you outside of Enchanted Garden. I took pics of the cabin that I will try to upload today or tomorrow. 8504 was totally different and seemed to have much more space then the 6504. Once you see my pics you will see the space difference and other things that are different.

Keep posting and can't wait to read and see more!!!

MJ
Hi MJ! It was great to meet you! I wish it was at another time though when we could have chatted some more! I would LOVE to see your pics of 8504 Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemoms View Post
love this... Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinjojo View Post
Subbing, thanks for the details - although I was on the MV its nice to have another persons POV and also to see how the trip went after the MV
I can't wait to read about the MV, haven't even had the chance to see if there was a Trip Report done yet. You doing one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
cant blame a dawg for trying.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #94
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustysgirl View Post
Great TR so far Cass! That ship looks beautiful! I was surprised by the size of your stateroom (as someone who has never been on a cruise). We have stayed in hotel rooms in Europe that seem smaller than that with twin beds only.

Glad to see you had some fun, sorry you missed Rob and Kira so much, but I totally get it. I feel the same about J.

Waiting for more...you're amusing a sickie , thanks for giving me something to do!
Yeah, the verandah rooms are really nice and quite roomy. The standard inside ones are a tad bit small as you can see with that Virtual Porthole room but compared to some of the photos you took of the hotels you have stayed in, you would be rather comfortable in an outside room

Hope you feel better soon Heather, need to come visit soon!

Quote:
hi Heather.
Step away from the cute married chic....

Quote:
now all of a sudden i have to go to the bathroom.
Just wait...I have even more bathroom pics later

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
Thanks for the standard inside room pics. We have 2 connecting in June. I would prefer a verandah, but we are a party of 6 this time around, so we needed two rooms regardless. And there is no way we could get one of those Big Mack Daddy concierge rooms....:
Two rooms for 6 people isn't so bad! Not sure if I would want 4 in them though Might be a tight squeeze especially with the bigger kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Loving your report. We won't be on the Dream until September, but want to know all about it!
I didn't think I would ever be on her and I wanted to know all about her so I totally understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
Thanks for all of the great pictures of the staterooms.
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Love seeing all the different rooms. Thanks for taking so many wonderful photos.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLDSMD View Post
Cass, great pics on all the rooms.

Question regarding the inside cabins with the virtual porthole, it looks like the "porthole" is above the bed straight ahead as you walk in. Is the picture of what you would be looking at across the ship or behind you if you turned around?
Glad you brought that up because I meant to mention it....that porthole was facing aft and it did indeed have an aft view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
AWESOME Cass! Thank you so much for sharing all these photos and information. I'm loving it!
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Thank you for your detailed report, it's much appreciated.
Good to know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
OMG!! Tell me the scale doesn't come standard in every stateroom!?! What a nightmare!
No, HAHAHA only in the concierge rooms
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #95
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

U r awesome!

Thanks so much for your wonderful TR & pics! We don't sail till 9/11, but can't get enough of the pics and reviews!

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #96
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
hi Heather.
Hi Mike!!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #97
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
11018 Part 2

This one was connected to 11016 and as you can see they had their verandah divider down in order to share one big verandah!

This is the room for me! Yum, Yum, Yum!

Last edited by Crustysgirl; 02-05-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Crustysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #98
Crustysgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
11018 Part 2

This one was connected to 11016 and as you can see they had their verandah divider down in order to share one big verandah!

Wait a minute, maybe THIS is the room for me!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #99
liemge
Mouseketeer

what great info! we sail in 29 days, getting so excited.... did you notice if the "dream" d&b bags were available during your trip?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #100
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Loving your report Cass! Did the concierge on deck 11 have the gate as well or will those concierge guests be able to participate in FE?
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #101
mississaugamom
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for your trip report! Five weeks to sailing for us ~ cruise casual every night? I thought there was supposed to be a "semi-formal" but didn't notice it on the navigators ...
mississaugamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #102
momsrule27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And to finish out my Staterooms part of the report...here's two quick pics I snapped as I was walking by

Thanks for posting these photos! I am in room 8502 on the 8/7/2011 sailing and my TA had told me that there was a privacy curtain in the room but from your pics it looks like there isn't one. Can you confirm this?

November 11th, 2006 Magic Double Dip!
August 7th, 2011 Dream Double Dip!

momsrule27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #103
Tart Annihilator
Disney gives me Butterflies

Quote:
now all of a sudden i have to go to the bathroom.
OMG...I just can't take you anywhere, can I?

Quote:

Down Dawg down!
Would you like me to break out the spray bottle and squirt him a couple of times?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
I'm really sweeter than I look
Tart Annihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #104
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Great Trippie Cass! Looks like an amazing ship.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #105
disneydawg10
Earning My Ears

Great trip report! Thanks so much for all these great details. I am a planner, and I love the pictures! Getting more and more excited for our first cruise in July. I have a dumb question about the navigators. Do they give you all the navigators for the whole cruise all in one folder at the beginning of the cruise or do you get them each day? Do I have to go somewhere to get them or are they delivered? I know it's a silly question, but you are so detailed, I figured you could help me with it. Thanks so much and so glad you got to do this trip!
disneydawg10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: