Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #421
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Yes, POP does do Coke Zero (or at least they did in September!!)
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #422
Sheribo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by engaged@disney View Post
Disney has resort-specific designs for almost everything...I really miss the resort-specific mugs. For the price you pay (you will rarely break even buying the mugs on anything but a week-long stay and they are NOT convenient to fill as you leave for the bus to spend the day out!) it would be nice to have a unique mug/souvenir from your trip rather than the generic one. Such a shame...
Agreed! I have a couple from many years ago and I use them at home. Yes, they are fading but I enjoy the memories they bring. I'd love to go back to each resort and get a new one. Ok, any excuse to go back right????

Last edited by Sheribo; 02-07-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Sheribo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #423
delilah18
DIS Veteran

refillable mugs

If you are staying at POFQ or POR can you refill them at each other since they are sister resorts?
delilah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #424
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
If you are staying at POFQ or POR can you refill them at each other since they are sister resorts?
Yes you can do that and it's the same rule for all the resort counter service locations, since they all sell the exact same mugs.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #425
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes you can do that and it's the same rule for all the resort counter service locations, since they all sell the exact same mugs.
Your answer is a little confusing to me and it might be to the poster. You can fill them at the resort that you purchased them at. There are signs posted on the refill locations. But, that said, the exception is POR and POFQ and YC/BC and all the All Stars. But if you bought it at All Stars Movies, you can't refill it at POR.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #426
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Your answer is a little confusing to me and it might be to the poster. You can fill them at the resort that you purchased them at. There are signs posted on the refill locations. But, that said, the exception is POR and POFQ and YC/BC and all the All Stars. But if you bought it at All Stars Movies, you can't refill it at POR.
Don't forget if that specifc poster or others were doing a split stay between locations that were not sister resorts like the ones you mentioned, they don't need to purchase the same mug twice. I believe the signs and in the food courts and on the mugs say good during that vacation, well if they do a split stay it's still during that current vacation. I remember reading one of the reasons for the resorts selling the same mug design was for those guests on split stays, so they wouldn't need to purchase more then one set of mugs.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #427
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Don't forget if that specifc poster or others were doing a split stay between locations that were not sister resorts like the ines you mentioned, they don't need to purchase the same mug twice. I believe the signs and in the food courts and on the mugs say good during that vacation, well if they do a split stay it's still during that current vacation.
Nope, they don't say during your vacation. I'm looking for one of the signs. I'm my recollection that they say during your stay at that resort.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #428
rmw
Earning My Ears

mug question @ Boardwalk

We have purchased the mug the last 2 years ( AKL & CBR) and got a lot of use out of them.
We are staying at Boardwalk Villas this Fall but are unsure about where we can get our refills. The layout seems different from what we have noticed from our previous resort stays. We use them mostly for Coffee so any info would be greatly appreciated.
rmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #429
dunnhorn
I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

You use your mug to get refills at The Bakery, which is on the Boardwalk, near to ESPN Zone. I am not 100% sure on this, but you may also be able to get soda at the pool.

We love staying at Boardwalk, but I think it is by far one of the worst places for the whole meal plan thing - especially the quick service meal plan. The Bakery is quite far from the DVC area, and there is no indoor seating. We have been putting on surveys for years that they really need to convert the area under the porch into a cafe, or do something to expand the mercantile to create a cafe section, similar to what they did with beach club.

Enjoy your visit!

Leslie Ann
Me, DH, DS 12, DD 10

DVC Homes: SSR, HH, BLT, BWV, VWL
Resorts visited: Every WDW resort except for Coronado and Art of Animation. I am boycotting the Poly due to lack of hot tub.

4 day Disney WONDER May '09.
4 day Disney DREAM April '11.
7 day Disney FANTASY Western May '12.
7 day RCCL OASIS OF THE SEAS Eastern April '13
4 day Disney MAGIC March'14

Looking forward to the DVC MEMBER CRUISE on the Disney DREAM in 8/14, and a 7 day ALASKAN cruise on the Disney WONDER in June '15.
dunnhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #430
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw View Post
We have purchased the mug the last 2 years ( AKL & CBR) and got a lot of use out of them.
We are staying at Boardwalk Villas this Fall but are unsure about where we can get our refills. The layout seems different from what we have noticed from our previous resort stays. We use them mostly for Coffee so any info would be greatly appreciated.
You can get them refilled at the Boardwalk Bakery, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Boardwalk Joe's and Seashore Sweets.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #431
Starshine
"Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them." - Dodie Smith, 101 Dalmatians

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmw View Post
In the mornings, you can also get them filled at the Belle Vue Room. This is the bar area on the other side of the lobby toward the Inn side. They have coffee, beverages, pastries, and cereal every morning.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #432
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

?????

We r staying at SoG, can we buy a Poly refillable and refill it over there coming and going for the monorail? R U allowed to take them on monorail. Think it may be cheaper this way, even if we only use them two times a day than buying individuals each time.

Is this allowed.

Second, question am I correct that you can bring an old mug from TL and pay to reuse it again?
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #433
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

I'm going to throw out a guess here that we'll be seeing new mugs by the end of March. It just seems that they wouldn't wait much longer past then to bring out the new theme. Anyone else agree?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #434
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesmt View Post
?????

We r staying at SoG, can we buy a Poly refillable and refill it over there coming and going for the monorail? R U allowed to take them on monorail. Think it may be cheaper this way, even if we only use them two times a day than buying individuals each time.

Is this allowed.

Second, question am I correct that you can bring an old mug from TL and pay to reuse it again?
Second question - yes, you buy the sticker when you come into the park before you get to the souvenier shop.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #435
eskgwin
Earning My Ears

Hello. Great thread.

We are going to be staying at the Beach Club Resort August 10-19 and I am thinking of purchasing the refillable mugs. We have 2 days not in the parks that we will probably just hang around the pools and downtown disney those days (we have some reservations in other hotels for some meals).

Do the coke products have anything that is not carbonated at the Beach Club Resort? One of my kids hates the fizzies. She does like lemonade (actually she loves lemonade).

Thank you.

Allyson

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: