Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #661
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey
 
YukiPhnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
My flickr? Do you mean my tumblr? Cause I have announced my love for him on there several times haha. http://capriamoon.tumblr.com/tagged/ryan+gosling there is the link for anyone who wants to enjoy Ryan Gosling hotness.

This is really lame but when I was like 14 I was obsessed w/ him because the Notebook had just come out and he was great in it. Anyway I googled "Ryan Gosling" and Google said "did you mean Ryango Sling?" and I was like...no.... LOL. So then we went down the shore the next day and I caught a fish and named it Ryango Sling and it's a been an inside joke with my friend and I ever since. We always call Ryan "Ryango". I have to remember, if I meet him, to never call him Ryango/tell that story LOL.
Yes, I DO mean your tumblr! It's one of those..."r" places... I remember reading your post about Ryan being the most attrative guy you've ever seen.

OMG, if you ever meet Ryan Gosling, you HAVE to tell him the Ryango story!!! I bet he'd like it. I loved him as Sean from Breaker High. That was a good show.
YukiPhnx is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #662
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Yes, I DO mean your tumblr! It's one of those..."r" places... I remember reading your post about Ryan being the most attrative guy you've ever seen.

OMG, if you ever meet Ryan Gosling, you HAVE to tell him the Ryango story!!! I bet he'd like it. I loved him as Sean from Breaker High. That was a good show.
I never saw that show but I remember when he was in all the Teen mags!
__disneygirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #663
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

April 15, 2010
Day 5, Part 4 In Which The McLovins Get Lost in The Sea of Humanity


My flawless meal at Les Chefs de France had come to an end and I was very happily stuffed. I just kind of wandered around France and England for awhile, taking in World Showcase and digesting my food.













I came across this cute game of hopscotch a CM had drawn on the street. I have seen CMs draw characters with water while cleaning the streets, but never with chalk! It was so cool.




People were being so polite, moving out of the way and not walking over it so I could get a good picture.







It was around this time that my mom called to tell me her spa treatment was done and she was going to come to Epcot to meet me. I told her to take the monorail and we decided on meeting at Spaceship Earth, so I slowly meandered over there, again just enjoying the gorgeous day.





This was day 5. By now I was starting to calm down a bit. You know that feeling when you first get to Disney and you just want to run everywhere and do everything and you can barely contain yourself? As amazing as that feeling is, I enjoy when it starts to fade a bit and I can just kind of chill and enjoy the scenery. The great Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."




Don't you just love how empty it was? I swear, April and October are the best times to go.


I love that I caught the bird flying by in this one. I love this shot.

I must have meandered longer than I thought, because when I got over to SSE, my mom was already there and just about to text me and tell me she had arrived. Immediately I noticed a difference in her. Before even saying hi to me, she was just like "Oh my God, it was AMAZING!" and gave me a huge hug and kiss. She said she hadn't felt that relaxed in ages and that all the pain from her feet was gone and she felt amazing. I was so happy that it had gone incredibly well (how could it not though, I mean, it was a spa treatment. At DISNEY WORLD.) and that she truly enjoyed it. I felt awesome, especially because she said she had announced to everyone in the spa what I had done and how I was the best daughter ever, and everyone agreed and basically just celebrated the fab person that I am. *hairflip* So that was nice. (:

We decided to ride SSE since we hadn't done it yet this trip and there was no wait. Mom hadn't been on it since before the refurb and was excited to see what they had done with it. I had gone on during my 2008 solo trip, but like everything else at Disney, it just isn't as fun when you're alone... especially the "future you" part at the end. You know, I really like Judi Dench but I miss Jeremy Irons' narration too.

After that, we decided we were hungry for some ice cream so we went over to Fountainview and shared a cup of Cookies & Cream. The ice cream here is by Edy's and they definitely make the best Cookies & Cream i've ever had. It was amazing.

I took this of the sprinkles display which we loved:


We had a dinner ADR for 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM and for some reason I can not remember, we decided not to go. This is really weird to me because we haven't been there in forever and really want to go again. Hmmm. We still planned on going to MGM though since it was our night to see Fantasmic!, but first we went back to CBR to freshen up a bit.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #664
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Of course we saw more salamanders. This time I wasn't yelling at any of them though, since I hadn't just been to Boma. LOL.

Can you spot him?


When we got to MGM, I knew that there wouldn't be any fastpasses left for Toy Story Mania, and I knew the wait would be long, but still I just wanted to go over there and check out the situation so that's where we headed. Neither of us had been on the ride yet and as an avid Toy Story fan, I was like foaming at the mouth to try it by then.





As i've said many times, the architecture at MGM are some of my favorite anywhere in the world, especially the Mickey's of Hollywood building.


This streetmosphere CM was really really funny. After this, she was telling some woman that she was going to steal her husband and bring him with her to the Oscars. She was really great. As an actor, it must be so much fun to just get to improv like that all day. I would have such a blast doing that!




LOVE that shot.












I hadn't noticed this banner on Grauman's Chinese Theatre until this trip. Isn't it gorgeous?



The Toy Story Mania wait was something ridiculous like 120 minutes. It was at this point I realized Disney made a mistake in only putting Fantasmic on during Thursdays and Saturdays. Do not - I repeat - DO NOT go to MGM on one of the days that Fantasmic is showing. If you want to see the show, go for that and only that in the evening. Almost everything was a ridiculous wait, and forget about getting on any of the most popular rides. The park was so jam-packed with people it was insane. I have never seen a more crowded park in all my days at Disney. It really was just madness.

If you couldn't tell by now, I was really bad at taking TR notes this evening. I know what happened - my mom and I got into some kind of argument - but I have no idea what it was over. I guess it's good I don't remember, who wants a memory of a fight? I was annoyed enough that we split up for awhile at this point. I remember my mom texting me to apologize for upsetting me, but I wasn't having it at that point. I tried to think of something that wouldn't have a wait even with the insane crowds, and I thought of Muppet Vision 3D, so I headed over there. I walked in just as they had opened the doors to the theatre, so I didn't get to look around in the waiting room the way I usually like to. I enjoyed the show fine, I always do, but I was bummed because my mom and I were in a fight.

I was walking back from Muppet Vision when I ran into my mom in front of the ABC Commissary. It was so random and funny that out of all the places in the park, we were in the same place at the same time. We got over our little argument right then and there. I mean really, who cares? We were at Disney World. How can you dwell on something while you're at Disney World?

We were hungry and so we headed into the restaurant. I am really not a big seafood fan, but in 2006 my mom got some fish & chips here at the Commissary and I tasted it and LOVED it. She had been saying how she really wanted to get them again from there, so we got that and some chicken nuggets and planned to share it all while waiting for Fantasmic.

Well, we started walking over to Fantasmic and some poor CM was in the middle of Sunset Blvd yelling at the top of her lungs that the first Fantasmic showing had reached capacity. It was 30 minutes before the show, but I should have known better because of the huge crowds. Usually, I disagree with the notion that you need to get to Fantasmic extremely early. In my experience, any seat in that amphitheater is a good seat, and you can show up a few minutes before and be totally fine. That was so beyond not the case this time.

We sat on a bench on Sunset eating our food and just chatting for awhile. Fight totally over. We have that kind of relationship where we just drop things as soon as they are done. The fish & chips were delicious as usual. I never eat them anywhere but Disney. They're also amazing at Columbia Harbour House. I've never tried them in England at WS, which is so weird. I really need to!

By this time, there was a hideous sea of people swelling in a huge group line in front of the entrance to Fantasmic, so we figured we better get over there even though there was almost an hour until the next show. First though, obviously, we needed more ice cream, so we went to Hollywood Scoops. You could barely see this place because of all the people in line for Fantasmic, but we managed. I updated my twitter:

"Do you have rainbow sprinkles?" - me "Of course we do dear. This is Disney World." - 80 year old woman 9:23 PM Apr 15th via txt

hahahaha, well, it turns out they didn't! This adorable old woman who was working said that to me before being corrected that they didn't have any. It was such a cute moment. Again, of course, the ice cream was delicious but my mom and I got separated again in the mess that is Fantasmic.

I've never, ever seen it like this before. Disney really needs to get this under control because it was kind of a disgrace, honestly. I very rarely criticize Disney, but this was just absolutely ridiculous.

You know the looong pathway up to Fantasmic that starts on Sunset Blvd and ends at the amphitheater? Well, the line started moving. By line, I mean sea of humanity. People were not just walking up that pathway. We were moving along very slowly, inch by inch, because it was wall to wall people. I could barely move. I had no idea where my mom was. I couldn't even reach into my pocket to get my phone without elbowing like 5 people. I was thanking God at this point that I'm not claustrophobic, because I was SURROUNDED. I didn't see anyone freaking out, but everyone was really mad. People were holding on to their kids for dear life so they wouldn't get carried away in the crowd. I would be shocked if there weren't at least a few panic attacks because it was so so so bad. It is not fun having hundreds - no, thousands - of people piled up all around you. It reminded me of that scene in War of the Worlds when a stampede of people everyone is trying to get on that boat to get the heck away from those aliens. It was that crazy.

I was able to get out of the center of the crowd to the left side, where there was a white rope sectioning off where we could walk. I stretched the rope a little so I could have a little more room to breathe as we inched along, and held onto it tightly so I would be able to stay up against it. After what seemed like AGES, the crowd broke up and I called my mom and waited for her so we could meet up again. She said she had asked a CM how many people this amphitheater held, and the CM told her that she's not supposed to tell guests this, but it holds 8,000 people and they were almost full again. It was SUCH A MESS and I was so relieved to be out of it. We found seats just a little off center and waited for the show to begin.

Fantasmic really is amazing, and we really did enjoy it so much as we always do, but I won't be seeing it again if I have to go through what we did to see it last time. Trust me, I am not a complainer. Crowds don't bother me. Heat doesn't bother me. Almost all the things that people who go to Disney rant about, I barely even notice, but this was on a whole other level. Hopefully the situation will be different next time and we'll get to see the show, but I just refuse to deal with all that crap again!

Up next: FINALLY!!!!!! TOY. STORY. MANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #665
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Hey disneygirlfriend!

I just LOVED all the pics in this update! The turned out so clear that I could almost imagine myself there in the moment. Some of my favorites? The Cinderella and Prince Charming topiary- it brought me back to my trip last March. The flowers and details- the F&G Festival is beautiful! The sky pic from DHS- I love how blue it was that day!

I have never noticed that banner in front of the GMR! I am going to be on the lookout for it next time!

Aw, I don't like fights. Glad you guys were able to resolve it.

Ugh, the Fantasmic crowds are always ridiculous! We did the Fantasmic dining package one trip, and that's the only way we'll do the show again!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #666
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran
 
MarieTheCat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
No. I meant DAMON. It's flattering that you think I am a mentally healthy individual who likes other mentally healthy individuals like Stefan. No no. I am attracted to people/vampires like Damon aka complete messes. It is the bane of my sad existence I'm afraid.

Stefan is so cute though like how worried he is about Caroline and all that. I ship them 110%. To me they would be perfect together b/c Stefan is so low key and boring and Caroline is so bubbly and fun and I think that compliments each other well. Plus, they can be together forever and he can't do that with Elena unless he turns her which I would really hate.

I LOVE ELIJAH too. I'm kind of annoyed that Damon knows how to kill an original now (if that's even real) cause I kind of like the BAMF nature of the originals being like "yeah, you stabbed me in the heart, NO BIG DEAL JUST GIVE ME A MINUTE, ok now I'm fine."
I used to like Damon and his "I'm a big bad vampire with no heart" appeal, but now that they're attempting to "redeem" him so that he can be with Elena, I'm really turned off. It's like, I've seen this story before. A gazillion times. Next week, Damon will be all happy when Elena doesn't "shudder at [his] paw". And his "I can't be what SHE wants me to be" monologues every.single.week. are getting old. This whole storyline would be way more interesting if Elena was actually like, "I love you because of the fact that you're a psychotic killer. You don't need to become good. I'm actually bad. Stefan can take his goodness and suck it." I mean, that would make a whole lot more sense than Elena suddenly getting over the fact that Damon KILLED HER BROTHER WHILE SHE WATCHED has. But I don't write the show, so whatever. At this point, I'm just wishing for a Stefan/Caroline/Tyler/Bonnie/Jeremy spinoff. They can just travel the world and use their powers to solve crime or something. The five of them are way more interesting to me than Damon and Elena.

Ok. Vampire Diaries rant over. Onto your update.

I LOVE that Cinderella/Prince Charming topiary. I really wanna go back to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival. I was there once in April, but I was with my high school orchestra, so we only had one day in Epcot and I didn't really have enough time to enjoy it.

OMG. The picture of the little princess meeting Mary Poppins is making me tear up. I NEED TO BE AT DISNEY RIGHT NOW.

I always say, a trip to Disney World is not a trip to Disney World without a cup (or 5) of Cookies & Cream.

Ok, I know you didn't eat there this trip, but gimme your review of 50's Prime Time. I kind of really wanna go there - I always get these random mashed potato cravings about midway through the trip and the Pot Roast there looks delicious - but my family needs convincing. I'm gonna need some talking points to conveniently bring up during a family dinner sometime.

I'm sorry that you and your mom got into a fight. I feel like that's a side effect of spending so much time, in such close proximity, with your family. We always wind up arguing about stupid things too.

The fish and chips from England are DELICIOUS. Definitely get some sometime.

I would be shocked if there weren't at least a few panic attacks because it was so so so bad.
Trust me, there have been. That's why we've given up on Fantasmic! I know that a lot of people think Fantasmic is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for us, that insanity is just not worth it.

Although, I will say that one of my favorite Disney memories ever occurred at Fantasmic. During the Pocahontas segment, when the Native Americans canoe out and everything is super calm, a teenage boy sitting in front of me really sarcastically and dramatically stands up, points, and yells out "THOSE SAVAGES!" I thought it was the funniest thing ever and could not stop laughing. Even thinking about it, I'm laughing again.

I can't wait to hear what you thought about Toy Story Mania!
MarieTheCat24 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #667
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey disneygirlfriend!

I just LOVED all the pics in this update! The turned out so clear that I could almost imagine myself there in the moment. Some of my favorites? The Cinderella and Prince Charming topiary- it brought me back to my trip last March. The flowers and details- the F&G Festival is beautiful! The sky pic from DHS- I love how blue it was that day!

I have never noticed that banner in front of the GMR! I am going to be on the lookout for it next time!

Aw, I don't like fights. Glad you guys were able to resolve it.

Ugh, the Fantasmic crowds are always ridiculous! We did the Fantasmic dining package one trip, and that's the only way we'll do the show again!
Tinkgurlfriend!!! Wooohooo, so glad to see you back over here!

Thank you, I am so glad you loved the pics =)

I think we will definitely have to go with the dining package next time we want to see Fantasmic because it was just too much. Never again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I used to like Damon and his "I'm a big bad vampire with no heart" appeal, but now that they're attempting to "redeem" him so that he can be with Elena, I'm really turned off. It's like, I've seen this story before. A gazillion times. Next week, Damon will be all happy when Elena doesn't "shudder at [his] paw". And his "I can't be what SHE wants me to be" monologues every.single.week. are getting old. This whole storyline would be way more interesting if Elena was actually like, "I love you because of the fact that you're a psychotic killer. You don't need to become good. I'm actually bad. Stefan can take his goodness and suck it." I mean, that would make a whole lot more sense than Elena suddenly getting over the fact that Damon KILLED HER BROTHER WHILE SHE WATCHED has. But I don't write the show, so whatever. At this point, I'm just wishing for a Stefan/Caroline/Tyler/Bonnie/Jeremy spinoff. They can just travel the world and use their powers to solve crime or something. The five of them are way more interesting to me than Damon and Elena.

Ok. Vampire Diaries rant over. Onto your update.

I LOVE that Cinderella/Prince Charming topiary. I really wanna go back to Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival. I was there once in April, but I was with my high school orchestra, so we only had one day in Epcot and I didn't really have enough time to enjoy it.

OMG. The picture of the little princess meeting Mary Poppins is making me tear up. I NEED TO BE AT DISNEY RIGHT NOW.

I always say, a trip to Disney World is not a trip to Disney World without a cup (or 5) of Cookies & Cream.

Ok, I know you didn't eat there this trip, but gimme your review of 50's Prime Time. I kind of really wanna go there - I always get these random mashed potato cravings about midway through the trip and the Pot Roast there looks delicious - but my family needs convincing. I'm gonna need some talking points to conveniently bring up during a family dinner sometime.

I'm sorry that you and your mom got into a fight. I feel like that's a side effect of spending so much time, in such close proximity, with your family. We always wind up arguing about stupid things too.

The fish and chips from England are DELICIOUS. Definitely get some sometime.

I would be shocked if there weren't at least a few panic attacks because it was so so so bad.
Trust me, there have been. That's why we've given up on Fantasmic! I know that a lot of people think Fantasmic is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for us, that insanity is just not worth it.

Although, I will say that one of my favorite Disney memories ever occurred at Fantasmic. During the Pocahontas segment, when the Native Americans canoe out and everything is super calm, a teenage boy sitting in front of me really sarcastically and dramatically stands up, points, and yells out "THOSE SAVAGES!" I thought it was the funniest thing ever and could not stop laughing. Even thinking about it, I'm laughing again.

I can't wait to hear what you thought about Toy Story Mania!
Well I guess we can't agree on EVERY little thing haha. If we did I would demand your DNA to be taken to prove we were separated at birth. Anyway, Damon is still my life. He is the main reason I watch the show. Despite all the other awesomeness, he is what makes it for me. I love his tortured speeches about Elena. It's all building up to one thing, I KNOW IT... Elena telling him she remembers that he told her I love you. I don't think she remembers right now, but I think she will, because deep down they really do have a connection. I know the whole thing with like, someone changing for the better because of love is a cliche that's been beaten to death, but I think just because I love Kevin Williamson's writing so dearly, I don't mind it. I think it's a cliche because it happens so much. We want to be with someone but everyone has differences and it's about adjusting and compromising because you love them enough to change a little. Of course in this show, it's exaggerated to the point of "murder people, or not murder people... what shall i do?" LOL. I'm nervous though, b/c I do love Damon/Elena so much and I know she is just never going to be okay with his tendency to kill people. So he IS going to have to change and then he will be less fun. He won't be biting girls in bathtubs anymore and I am going to have a problem with that. Oh well, the great thing about it is the ratings are awesome and so I think we will have many years of this insanity and I am so game =)

Ok so DISNEY! Well. The Flower & Garden Festival is lovely but obviously I prefer the Food & Wine Festival. You MUST go during the F&W Fest. MUST.

I love that pic too cause Mary sat down to be on the girl's level, so cute. And anytime I see any of those little girls all boutiqued, it's just so adorable. My mom and I were joking about how we want to get all dressed up like that and do our hair and everything so people will be like "Oh, I see you went to the Bibbity Boppity Boutique!" and we'll be like "No, we just dress like this, actually." LOL.

Oh, there was more Cookies & Cream ice cream consumed, trust me! We didn't stop there. haha

50's Prime Time is awesome. You're just not going to have that experience anywhere else in the world unless you have a time machine. The theming is just so fun. I love anything 50's, so I especially enjoy it, and the servers are so funny. As far as the food goes, they have the same awesome onion rings as Sci Fi and Beaches & Cream. The fried chicken is SOOO good too. And I've never had the Smores there, but everyone talks about them like they are heaven so I really want to try that. Overall I think it is a place every Disney fan has to try once. The food isn't going to blow you away though, it's more the whole experience and atmosphere.

Yeah, like I said to Tinkgurl, I think next time we'll do the dinner package b/c I just can't deal with that again. I know you have panic attacks sometimes so I can't even imagine how you must have felt b/c I never have had one, and I felt like having one in that moment. Crazy.

OMG I totally get that thing about the kid during Fantasmic - that made me laugh so hard and reminded me of this kid in my acting class when I was like 16. His name was, of all names, Gideon, and he used to yell hilarious stuff like that out all the time. He was so funny, I kept saying he was going to end up on SNL. One time we were doing improv and we were brother and sister on Christmas morning and I said, "Look! Santa brought us iPods!" and he said, "LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE LISTENING TO OUR TUNES ON THE GO!" and I just died. It was almost impossible for me to stay in character. Anyway random but your story reminded me of that hahaha.
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #668
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! Hope you are enjoying getting ready to watch the Superbowl, or if you are me, have a movie marathon. I only care about the Superbowl when the Giants or the Jets are in it because I must REPRESENT, but that only happens like once every thousand years so today I am just chillin!

I just dropped by to share this amazing TR with all of you. It spans a few trips: Love, Death and New Life through the lens of Disney - seriously one of the best I've ever read. It really puts things in perspective. It's an emotional one - you may need the tissues. I was so touched and moved by it so I had to share it with you guys.

Ok guys, see ya real soon!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #669
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?
 
RAPstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,880

Great update. I totally agree about Fantasmic. I soo wanted to see it my last trip, but I heard so many horror stories, I didn't want to end up killing someone and be arrested at WDW, lol.
RAPstar is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #670
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey
 
YukiPhnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,020

I love love love your pictures of MGM. LOOVE THEM. Makes me want to be there RIGHT NOW. How do you have this power over Kara and me?

It must be so nice to just stroll around the park with no hurriedness or anything. Just talking a leisurely stroll, taking in all the sights. I want a solo trip so I can do that. In fact, I was really close to a solo trip for this August, but one of my best friends convinced me that I need to save money to pay off my tuition debt....ANYWAYS.

Wooow, what a mob!!! Even for the 2nd showing! For Andrew and I, it wasn't nearly as bad. Sure, it was still very packed, but I didn't feel squished. Probably because we were on the right side of the line, not in the centre. It also didn't come close to filling up for the show.
YukiPhnx is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #671
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Great update. I totally agree about Fantasmic. I soo wanted to see it my last trip, but I heard so many horror stories, I didn't want to end up killing someone and be arrested at WDW, lol.
LOL I know what you mean, but if you've never seen it, you must! Maybe try the Fantasmic Dinner Package? It really is a great show, it's just what you have to go through to see it that is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
I love love love your pictures of MGM. LOOVE THEM. Makes me want to be there RIGHT NOW. How do you have this power over Kara and me?

It must be so nice to just stroll around the park with no hurriedness or anything. Just talking a leisurely stroll, taking in all the sights. I want a solo trip so I can do that. In fact, I was really close to a solo trip for this August, but one of my best friends convinced me that I need to save money to pay off my tuition debt....ANYWAYS.

Wooow, what a mob!!! Even for the 2nd showing! For Andrew and I, it wasn't nearly as bad. Sure, it was still very packed, but I didn't feel squished. Probably because we were on the right side of the line, not in the centre. It also didn't come close to filling up for the show.
Don't feel too bad that you aren't taking the solo trip. I call my solo trip The Solo Mess for many reasons that I won't get into LOL, but it's just not as fun without someone to share it with. I don't think I will ever go solo again unless I reallyreallyreally couldn't find anyone to go. I still had a wonderful time, don't get me wrong - you will have a good time, but something is missing. I always tell people the same thing - Disney is magic, but you bring part of the magic with you. You know what I mean? It was quite lonely. Usually by the end of a trip, there are claw marks on Main Street because I have to be DRAGGED out of there, but on my solo trip (which was only 6 days) I was so ready to leave.

That is hard to believe, especially cause you went in August! I guess it depends on the night, you know. Being on either side of the crowd is DEF better than being in the center. Never will I do that again.

Hmm... I feel an update coming on... I like this updating more frequently thing!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #672
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468



Sooo.. little update on the next trip... I was kind of worried about the prices because we usually go early April which has good prices and deals, but this year we can't leave until after the 20th and WHOA the prices are so much more at the end of the month! Even Pop Century is 154/nt on some nights! So I was freaking out a bit. Then I decided to check what was up first week of May. Just as a comparison, Pop drops to $84 a night if you go first week of May instead of last week in April! It's the same with flights. Very very happy now! This will be a lot easier b/c we really want to do a longer trip but with the end of April prices it was not gonna be happen! This makes it much more doable.

__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #673
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey
 
YukiPhnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,020

So there's another trip coming soon? YAAAY! Wow...what a diff one week makes huh? Maybe you'll be there for Destination D! Have you checked? I just know it's in May, and they're doing this scavenger hunt thing. I wish I could be there too!
YukiPhnx is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #674
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
So there's another trip coming soon? YAAAY! Wow...what a diff one week makes huh? Maybe you'll be there for Destination D! Have you checked? I just know it's in May, and they're doing this scavenger hunt thing. I wish I could be there too!
Well, we don't know for sure yet. It's so hard for us to get away, unfortunately.

I have no idea what Destination D is but I will look into it!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #675
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?
 
RAPstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
LOL I know what you mean, but if you've never seen it, you must! Maybe try the Fantasmic Dinner Package? It really is a great show, it's just what you have to go through to see it that is awful.
Don't worry, I've seen it before, it was just a long long time ago. I'll see it next time I go (even tho next time won't be till 2013)
RAPstar is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: