Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #3811
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Interesting, when was that? The latest info I have (I forgot about the change to seperate the OKW service) was:

On 21 May 2009, the new dock for the rebuilt Treehouse Villas will open for public use. When this happens, the DVC resort boats departing from Downtown Disney will run two separate routes — one service from Pleasure Island to Old Key West (with green flags and signs) and the other from Pleasure Island to Saratoga Springs and the Treehouse Villas (with blue flags and signs). The continuing Port Orleans service from the Marketplace dock will be marked with yellow flags and signs.

I wonder if they've moved the dock for the SSR/Treehouses service now? If so, I need to update my site!

Andre
This was in mid Oct. We were there Oct 9th-17th. The boat went directly from the dock behind Rainforest Cafe to Saratoga Springs.
The captains made a point of telling everyone that the line on the right was going to the PO resorts and the line on the left was going to Saratoga Springs.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #3812
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Many thanks for the ferry route updates everyone, I've now updated my Sassagoula River Cruise page, should be fully accurate now I hope!

Well, apart from the fact that I still need to get a full list of all the boat names - maybe someone here can help? I'm missing about six, so perhaps you've got a photo showing the name of one of the boats that I haven't got listed? (I've got: Cresent City Queen, Delta Lady, Louisiana Lady, Saratoga Queen, Memphis Miss, Azalea Bloom, Magnolia Blossom and Blossom Queen)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #3813
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!

Just did my online check in (10 days!!!)

However, this time it was WAY more restricted in room requests. I know I would like Bldg. 4 or 5, however 5 is just starting the refurb correct?

DH likes to be by the food/bar and I want to be close to the laundry as last time, I did several loads one day. Boy was it nice to come home and not have to be doing laundry for the next two days.

Anyone else going to be there Valentines week??

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #3814
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Good Morning!

Just did my online check in (10 days!!!)

However, this time it was WAY more restricted in room requests. I know I would like Bldg. 4 or 5, however 5 is just starting the refurb correct?

DH likes to be by the food/bar and I want to be close to the laundry as last time, I did several loads one day. Boy was it nice to come home and not have to be doing laundry for the next two days.

Anyone else going to be there Valentines week??
Me!!!

I did my on-line check-in two days ago. I didn't request ANYTHING through the on-line check-in. I did, however, call Disney Travel to make sure that my requests are in their system and to verify that even if I did on-line check-in, my phone-in request would still get looked at and considered. The CM told me that if I pick up my packet at the on-line check-in desk and my requests were not honored, then I could try again at that time to have my room assignment changed. I thought that even if the CM is wrong, if I don't get a refurbished room, I will just get in the regular check-in line and see if they have anything available (which I am thinking shouldn't be a problem since I am checking in early in the day).

What is your arrival date? Mine is the 11th! We check out on Friday, the 18th. DH's birthday is Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary is on the 16th.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #3815
JanuaryF
Planning Obsessed

Just returned from POFQ yesterday, and loved it! We were in 4310, and the walk to the bus stop was amazingly short - which was great when carrying a sleeping kid. The referb'd room was beautiful, but the sheets were really noisy (yes, weird comment) and the comforter was a pretty stiff still. No noticeable paint smells.

Only issue with the resort was that the pool heater was broken the day we were going swimming, and the pool was frigid! They got it fixed though for swimmers later in the week.

A CM said an interesting thing to us though. As we were heading to the bus the first day (in full princess gear), she said something like "come back in 2012 - Riverside is getting princess rooms". And then she walked away. So take that with a grain of salt...

Jan
Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #3816
JanuaryF
Planning Obsessed

Oops!

Last edited by JanuaryF; 02-03-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #3817
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
Just returned from POFQ yesterday, and loved it! We were in 4310, and the walk to the bus stop was amazingly short - which was great when carrying a sleeping kid. The referb'd room was beautiful, but the sheets were really noisy (yes, weird comment) and the comforter was a pretty stiff still. No noticeable paint smells.

Only issue with the resort was that the pool heater was broken the day we were going swimming, and the pool was frigid! They got it fixed though for swimmers later in the week.

A CM said an interesting thing to us though. As we were heading to the bus the first day (in full princess gear), she said something like "come back in 2012 - Riverside is getting princess rooms". And then she walked away. So take that with a grain of salt...

Jan
A while back, there was concept art for Princess and Haunted Mansion themed rooms that were rumored to be at POR and/or POFQ, much like the Pirate rooms at CBR. It's possible that a portion of Riverside will contain themed rooms, though I'm willing to bet those themed rooms will be in a far-flung location and have a premium price. It'll be interesting to see if the Princess rooms really do happen!

So glad to hear you enjoyed POFQ. Sorry about the pool heater. Maybe the comforter and sheets will be less stiff with use, but as far as use goes in hotel room it's better to get new stuff. : )

Thanks for your information.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #3818
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Me!!!

I did my on-line check-in two days ago. I didn't request ANYTHING through the on-line check-in. I did, however, call Disney Travel to make sure that my requests are in their system and to verify that even if I did on-line check-in, my phone-in request would still get looked at and considered. The CM told me that if I pick up my packet at the on-line check-in desk and my requests were not honored, then I could try again at that time to have my room assignment changed. I thought that even if the CM is wrong, if I don't get a refurbished room, I will just get in the regular check-in line and see if they have anything available (which I am thinking shouldn't be a problem since I am checking in early in the day).

What is your arrival date? Mine is the 11th! We check out on Friday, the 18th. DH's birthday is Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary is on the 16th.

How exciting and Congrats!!

DH and I get in on the 13th and leave on the 19th. If you see a couple in their mid 30's (DH has a bright red goatee), run over and say hi! I cant wait to be back.

I thought the online check in was sorely lacking in requests. When I did it in July you could type in what you wanted and were not stuck with just the 4 options. We booked a room with a king size bed, since it just the two of us. Last time we were in Bldg 5, right in the front it was glorious!

I guess I will give reservations a call and see if I can put my request for preference that way. I will try the fax also. Even if we dont get a referbed room, its not a big deal (to much).

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Old 02-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #3819
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
How exciting and Congrats!!

DH and I get in on the 13th and leave on the 19th. If you see a couple in their mid 30's (DH has a bright red goatee), run over and say hi!
Will do! I don't think we have any features that would lead you to recognize us...years ago I would have said,"Look for the crazy blonde lady with six sons following her", but four of them are adults now, so we look pretty typical with two sons ages 7 and 13.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #3820
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Just checked in! (actually sitting at the bus stop as.we speak lol). I took some photos of the refurbished room to share!

Hidden Mickey!

Close up of bed

New TV

Really enjoying our time here so far, off to Fantasmic!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #3821
lisam427
DIS Veteran

they look really nice!! we booked por for september 2011. now im wondering if we should switch to french quarter

Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #3822
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Wow! This thread has grown past our 250 page limit, so it's time to shut it down and start a new one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: