Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Hi, all! I found our new home! Thanks, Janet, for setting it up!!!

Elin - I'm sorry that Bob seems to have had a set back, but I would bet that he doesn't let it get him down for long! Good luck with the snow storm. Thank heaven for people with 4WD!!!

I'll be gone from tomorrow until Sunday night. We are celebrating my dad's 80th birthday this weekend! Should be a great party. The entire community has been invited to a reception, so we'll see who shows up!
Thanks for the dittoable!!

Have fun at your dad's party...sounds like a wonderful reception for a wonderful man.

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
babytrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #17
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good morning, DDA!

We didn't get as much snow here in Fredericksburg as they had predicted, thank goodness. The nightmare stories of people trying to get home from Washington, DC are enough to make me never drive up there. I am hoping Tammi did not have to deal with any of it! There was a woman on her cell phone with a local TV station this morning who had left her government job yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and at 6:30 this morning she was still on one of the major highways around DC. She had no idea when she would get home. I cannot even imagine.

Deb - congrats on the Biggest Loser win... can't wait to hear what you won!

Glynis - have a wonderful time celebrating your Dad's birthday!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #18
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Good morning everyone.

Still job hunting here. It's getting very depressing as I thought I would have gotten something by now. I have an interview Friday with a local preschool. Hours would be great as they follow my kids school schedule. I guess we'll see.

Kids got their report cards & everyone did great. Can't believe half the school year is over already.

Have a great day DDA.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #19
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Good morning everyone.

Still job hunting here. It's getting very depressing as I thought I would have gotten something by now. I have an interview Friday with a local preschool. Hours would be great as they follow my kids school schedule. I guess we'll see.

Kids got their report cards & everyone did great. Can't believe half the school year is over already.

Have a great day DDA.
I have been job hunting as well & it does get depressing. I have filled out my college apps though & now need to meet with a advisor, If nothing else I will get some schooling that will hopefully help me later on the job front!

Good luck to you!

tinknme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Janet-thanks for the new thread!

Janet & Anne Marie- & Good luck on the job hunt!

Elin-Hope Bob has a better day today. Hope everything comes out OK with buttons. Glad to hear your snow isn't too bad but that poor woman!

Glynis-belated birthday wishes for you and Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Vicki-you go girl!!! Yeah for signing up for the full next Jan! I'm hoping to do the half with my friend Mary K. I'll have to see how my feet hold up. I don't have a treadmill and no where to put one and just too crazy to walk outside here with all the snow this year. I could join the gym at work but I'm not confident enough to use the gym with my coworkers (yet). I've been doing the wii fit everyday so at least I'm moving some and as soon as the snow/ice goes away I'll get outside-I'm not afraid of the cold but am afraid of the ice. I've slip a few times walking into work and that really hurts my feet.

Today our office was a 2 hour delay but I decided that I wouldn't go through the commute I did last week only to find the parking lot unplowed so I'm working from home. I guess I better get working!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #21
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
I have been job hunting as well & it does get depressing. I have filled out my college apps though & now need to meet with a advisor, If nothing else I will get some schooling that will hopefully help me later on the job front!

Good luck to you!
Add me to the job hunt. I've got 6 apps out there right now. Finding a job is half the battle, liking it the other half

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Janet-thanks for the new thread!

Janet & Anne Marie- & Good luck on the job hunt!

Elin-Hope Bob has a better day today. Hope everything comes out OK with buttons. Glad to hear your snow isn't too bad but that poor woman!

Glynis-belated birthday wishes for you and Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Vicki-you go girl!!! Yeah for signing up for the full next Jan! I'm hoping to do the half with my friend Mary K. I'll have to see how my feet hold up. I don't have a treadmill and no where to put one and just too crazy to walk outside here with all the snow this year. I could join the gym at work but I'm not confident enough to use the gym with my coworkers (yet). I've been doing the wii fit everyday so at least I'm moving some and as soon as the snow/ice goes away I'll get outside-I'm not afraid of the cold but am afraid of the ice. I've slip a few times walking into work and that really hurts my feet.

Today our office was a 2 hour delay but I decided that I wouldn't go through the commute I did last week only to find the parking lot unplowed so I'm working from home. I guess I better get working!
I'm glad that you can work from home. We didn't get any snow. We expected 2-4 and got nothing I'm not complaining, but wish the forcasters could get it right once in a while
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, DDA!

We didn't get as much snow here in Fredericksburg as they had predicted, thank goodness. The nightmare stories of people trying to get home from Washington, DC are enough to make me never drive up there. I am hoping Tammi did not have to deal with any of it! There was a woman on her cell phone with a local TV station this morning who had left her government job yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and at 6:30 this morning she was still on one of the major highways around DC. She had no idea when she would get home. I cannot even imagine.
I worked yesterday and am still at work today. The kids spent the night with their dad, and the county put those working up in a hotel for the night. Thanks goodness as it would have taken me 3+ hours to get home. The bulk of it started just as we were getting off.

Hi everyone.
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
ReAnSt
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

We are closed today due to the weather. We had about a foot of snow on top of what we already had before. I hope that the road to our office is cleared as it still had snow on it from the last storm.

Yesterday I went into work early so that I could leave early as I knew it was going to get bad around rush hour. I didn't want to have a many hour commute, I know several people who had super long commutes due to the weather.

I am also thinking about signing up for the 2012 half marathon, although I am not sure as I am intrigued by the Marathon relay, but those details have not been released yet.

I spent my morning shoveling. I need to do some stuff for my job yet today. I also need to find out if my volunteers are still meeting tonight because if they are I might need to go to that meeting. They are calling for the possibility of more snow tomorrow, Saturday and Tuesday and Wednesday I am done with this nuisance snow.

Elin- I hope Bob continues to improve and that Button has no issues due to his pottery eating.

Good luck to those of you searching for a job.

Hugs to all of you.

Last edited by ReAnSt; 01-27-2011 at 04:00 PM.
ReAnSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

After four miscarriages and having to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital, we just found out that Guenna is having a girl!!!!!
Vivian Olivia is her name!!!! Hal and I are over the moon.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #25
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post

Good luck to you!
Thanks Janet! How exciting to be taking college courses!!! Good luck & hope you do great!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #26
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post
Add me to the job hunt. I've got 6 apps out there right now. Finding a job is half the battle, liking it the other half

You got that right!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
tinknme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Thanks Janet! How exciting to be taking college courses!!! Good luck & hope you do great!
Thank you

Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #28
tinknme

Hope everyone stays safe with the nasty weather!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
I worked yesterday and am still at work today. The kids spent the night with their dad, and the county put those working up in a hotel for the night. Thanks goodness as it would have taken me 3+ hours to get home. The bulk of it started just as we were getting off.

Hi everyone.
I'm glad you're safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAnSt View Post
We are closed today due to the weather. We had about a foot of snow on top of what we already had before. I hope that the road to our office is cleared as it still had snow on it from the last storm.

Yesterday I went into work early so that I could leave early as I knew it was going to get bad around rush hour. I didn't want to have a many hour commute, I know several people who had super long commutes due to the weather.

I am also thinking about signing up for the 2012 half marathon, although I am not sure as I am intrigued by the Marathon relay, but those details have not been released yet.

I spent my morning shoveling. I need to do some stuff for my job yet today. I also need to find out if my volunteers are still meeting tonight because if they are I might need to go to that meeting. They are calling for the possibility of more snow tomorrow, Saturday and Tuesday and Wednesday I am done with this nuisance snow.

Elin- I hope Bob continues to improve and that Button has no issues due to his pottery eating.

Good luck to those of you searching for a job.

Hugs to all of you.
I'm glad your thinking of the half. You need something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
After four miscarriages and having to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital, we just found out that Guenna is having a girl!!!!!
A little cool1:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3princes View Post

I'm glad that you can work from home. We didn't get any snow. We expected 2-4 and got nothing I'm not complaining, but wish the forcasters could get it right once in a while
Good luck to you too!

Well...my boss told me last week I could work from home and didn't have a problem with it when I told him I was planning on it last night and didn't have a problem at 10am this morning but then he sent our department (me & 2 others) an email at 1:30 'to communicate expectations, especially in light of the new strategic plan and staff being more “proactive, accountable and nimble”'. This email was cc'd to his boss so someone must have complained.

Last week they had a 10am opening and the parking lot wasn't plowed. I cannot risk hurting my feet by slipping in that mess. I heard from a friend that this week they did a good job on the parking lot but last week I was told by the person in charge of the building that it was done good enough.

Now I don't know if I should just do a timesheet for a vacation day today or not. I did work but I may have a hard time using all my time this year anyways. I have about 35 days to use before 11/4/11. I can carry 5 forward. I really can't take vacation from say mid September til late November so maybe I should just put in for a day and be done with it.

They let someone go yesterday so now the entire building is wondering who is next. It used to be such a great place to work. And while revenue is down a bit things never really got that bad so I just don't understand this new atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post

Hi everyone.
Glad you didn't have deal with the traffic mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker1bell View Post
What wonderful news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAnSt View Post
It will be interesting to see what the plans are for the relay. Mary K really wants the Donald medal so we'll probably stick with that for 2012.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: