Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
For those of you that are following along. I will be gone until the new year most likely. We leave for Disney on the 3rd and get back on the 19th and then I have to wrap all the Christmas presents that week. So expect me back in the new year. And I will have more stories to tell from our December trip!
Have a great trip!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Have a fantastitic stay and cruise - so wish I was joining you guys. Next cruise!
It was a great time of course, but it was COLD!! Hoping the next one we will be on the Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo05 View Post
I absolutly love your photographs!!! Your son is so cute. I enjoy how you discribe the emotions at the time. Wonderul!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here now Shanan! Loving the new report - I cannot believe how big Aaron is!!!!!!!!! Seriously, he was just a little dude - where has the time gone?!?! I love, love, love all the pictures of him - the one with the Mickey ears where he just got dressed the ones where he is singing the EO song are the cutest ever!

Vacationing with a toddler is an experience, isn't it? We've done it so many times know we have a good routine, but they always throw curve balls!

I hope your current trip and the cruise are wonderful-I'm sure they are! See ya next year!
Hi Brook! I know it is crazy how fast they grow right?!? Just this week I am already enrolling Aaron in preschool!

Yeah, you guys are really good with touring with a toddler. Jason and I still need more practice, but we are getting better.

It was wonderful! Sorry it took me so long to get back, but life gets in the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Have a great trip!
Thanks!! It was!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

An Afternoon at the MK

I gave Aaron a nap and a bath and it was time to finally go to the MK!

We decided on taking the bus since it drops you off right at the front door!
Instead of doing the whole Parking, tram, monorail/ferry to MK.

We had a very short walk to our bus stop. We were at the South Point Rd stop and we stayed in building 54.

My Boys:

Aaron and Froggy:

He was obsessed with maps! Every time we entered the park first thing he needed was a map!

Aaron's 1st glimpse of the castle.

Let's start off with the peoplemover! Surely that can't be scary!

Is this a death grip?

Aaron did not like the way it whipped around the corners....We all done now?!

I like the grip on Daddy's shirt, but all the while trying to take everything in.

He did not care for the inside of Space Mountain either, but now he can't stop talking about Starport.

Up next CoP. He loves this ride. I think this may have become one of his new favorites. He sings Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow...every day!

Taking it all in!

Look at all those strollers! Eek!

Froggy has something to say...

Ribbet, Ribbet!

I told Aaron to make a sad face. His favorite ride was down for refurbishment, but shhhh don't tell him this but we are coming back before our flight on the last day to ride it over and over again!

We decide to ride the Liberty Belle! Woo! I never had done this before, at least I don't remember doing it.

The weird thing is, I don't remember ever riding on the Liberty Belle, but these next shots seemed vaguely familiar.

We had to make our way out of the park and head over to the Grand Floridian by way of the monorail to make our 5 o'clock ADR at 1900 Park Fare.

My cool dudes:

OF COURSE!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 01-24-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #19
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Grand Floridian/1900 Park Fare

On our way to Grand Floridian!

We made it!

We were a little early for our ADR so we wandered around for a little bit.

Hmmmm...how do I get back to the MK?

Soon our buzzer was going off!

We didn't plan on doing many ADR's this trip, as Aaron hardly eats and gets bored at restaurants easily. Plus, financially we were trying to save as much money as possible. We were using our TiW card though.

Jason was looking forward to the strawberry soup and I was looking forward to dining here as I had no idea what to really expect. Upon our seating I was already pretty disappointed as we were sat in a small room (kinda like a hallway) off of the main dining room.

Aaron was also starting to get fussy.

Jason's strawberry soup.

I just remember Aaron not eating much of anything and Jason telling him to turn around alot during this meal.

I was not feeling it at all.

She wanted to kiss Aaron. I wasn't there for the interaction, as I was up getting a plate of food.

This was funny. Lady Tremaine made Drizella and Anastasia stand with their noses to the wall.

Drizella asked Aaron what his name is...and Aaron just sat there and she went through a list of names and she said ok I will call you prince Zachary.

My Princes with Prince Charming.

This was a shocker to me. I had no idea that Cindy is at 1900 Park Fare.

Aaron and Cindy had quite the interaction.

She asked all about Froggy...and asked Froggy if his name is Naveen?

She was really sweet with Aaron.

A 2nd Bowl! It must have been good!

YUM!

Aaron liked tracing the lines of the chair.

Pretty!

I really didn't know what to expect with 1900 Park Fare. I was disappointed at first, but all and all we had a pretty good time. It was worth the money to see Cindy, and the food was pretty good for a buffet. I remember being surprised with the selection of foods on the buffet. Like there were foods from different countries. I was sad that Alice wasn't part of the character interaction at night, since this is Jason's favorite character (crush character...we all know his fave character is Donald Duck).

We went outside to let Aaron play on the beach.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

The strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare is one of my favorite things! I even make it at home when I have the chance.

I do find it funny that the characters at the restaurant are different though depending on whether you go for breakfast or if you go for dinner.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

So glad to see you back on the boards a bit!!! How as PCC 2.0?

Quote:

Aaron's 1st glimpse of the castle.

Love the first reaction shot! I like how you can see the Castle in the reflection of Jason's glasses.

And great family shot! It could seriously be on a Disney ad with those smiles and all!

Quote:

I just remember Aaron not eating much of anything and Jason telling him to turn around alot during this meal.
Ugh. I so have been there...

Glad overall it wasn't too bad though! The food looks delish. The pictures of Aaron with the maps and in the sand are so stinkin' cute!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #22
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare is one of my favorite things! I even make it at home when I have the chance.

I do find it funny that the characters at the restaurant are different though depending on whether you go for breakfast or if you go for dinner.
I know it is delish! We are actually going to go to 1900 for Breakfast on our next trip, so Jason can finally see his Alice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
So glad to see you back on the boards a bit!!! How as PCC 2.0?

Love the first reaction shot! I like how you can see the Castle in the reflection of Jason's glasses.

And great family shot! It could seriously be on a Disney ad with those smiles and all!

Ugh. I so have been there...

Glad overall it wasn't too bad though! The food looks delish. The pictures of Aaron with the maps and in the sand are so stinkin' cute!
Sorry I wasn't on the boards for too long, sometimes trip reporting feels like work. LOL! But I do want to finish these for the memories. I just wrote two chapters and finished my May report, and it took over an hour. I really wanna finish writing both October's and Decembers before the end of September! Maybe I should stop taking such long vacations.
PCC 2.0 was a lot of fun, but I was sick for most of the trip and it was cold! I really don't want to go back to WDW in December.
Thanks for the kind words about our pictures.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
I really wanna finish writing both October's and Decembers before the end of September! Maybe I should stop taking such long vacations.
PCC 2.0 was a lot of fun, but I was sick for most of the trip and it was cold! I really don't want to go back to WDW in December.
Thanks for the kind words about our pictures.
Noooo! Enjoy those long ones!!!! I'll be patient with the TRs.

I'm not terribly fond of December either. We had wicked cold in both December and January-it can be so hit and miss. I like it warm in Florida!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: