Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Our extra special trip with Papa (TR in progress)

I am beyond excited for this very special trip so I figured why not start my Pre Trip Report now.

This trip is extra special...my Dad will be going with my son Ayden and I. This is like a dream come true. I have not been to Disneyland with my Dad since I was a little girl. My Dad has always wanted to go back...but since my mom is so "anti Disney" (crazy I know) he never has. I have been trying for years to get him to go....but he never cracks. Well.......he cracked! I'm bummed that DBF Chris won't be able to go with us, but I tear up just picture Papa and Ayden walking down Mainstreet USA together.

At this point we're driving . Hoping that changes and we find a good flight because I'm definitely not a car person. Lots more to come...

Dates: 2/27-3/5
Staying at HoJo's

Last edited by MommyWithDreams; 03-06-2011 at 02:52 PM.
MommyWithDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Hope you find a good flight.

I'm sure you dad will like reliving taking you for the first time when he's there with Ayden.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Hope you find a good flight.

I'm sure you dad will like reliving taking you for the first time when he's there with Ayden.
I think you're right. It's going to be an amazing experience there with both of them I just know it. I'll probably have tears, happy tears of course most of the time.

So great news....we are FLYING! We booked a flight on Jet Blue last week flying into Long Beach for the first time ever.

We're thinking of going to Knotts on Monday. My dad really wants that Fried Chicken he remembers so well. I hate to miss a day at Disney but I think my son would enjoy Knotts. He's a huge fan of Snoopy so I think he'd like the kids area. I have not been to Knotts since I was a kid myself.

I need to post more on my TR. I'm glad to see I have at least one reader. Pictures normally help, my last TR's were full of pictures.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
MommyWithDreams

I can't figure out how to get my last TR in my signature without just posting the link. Anyone know how to change the link to the title ??

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2084442
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I can't figure out how to get my last TR in my signature without just posting the link. Anyone know how to change the link to the title ??

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2084442
you have to write what you want.. highlight it then click the clobe with the link and that should link it.

But this trip is going to be perfect for you guys!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookies_mommy View Post
you have to write what you want.. highlight it then click the clobe with the link and that should link it.

But this trip is going to be perfect for you guys!!
Thanks I'll try that.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Woo Hoo can't wait to see you!!!

So if you get a chance look into my TR from last summer. The link is below. We did a Knott's day.....it should be listed on the 1st page so you can find it in the lengthy report I did. The dinner there was the bomb!!!! The park was let's just say.......ewwwwwwww!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Woo Hoo can't wait to see you!!!

So if you get a chance look into my TR from last summer. The link is below. We did a Knott's day.....it should be listed on the 1st page so you can find it in the lengthy report I did. The dinner there was the bomb!!!! The park was let's just say.......ewwwwwwww!!!
I can't wait to see you too Laurie! I'll take a look at your TR. I'm sure the park is in no way compared to DL. Especially the cleanliness. Dad really wanted to go to Universal Studiods..it's just so unbelievably expensive. At least we're doing it very early in our trip so we can end it all on Disneyland!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
DizNee Luver

We had debated between Knotts & Universal & went with Knotts since I had fond memories of this place from my childhood. I wasn't expecting DL while there, but the feel/vibe was so different that I felt like I was at an expensive carnival. We didn't see any characters at all & we spent a few hours in the kid area. Some of the rides in the kid area, Ayden will be too big for....we found that to be true for Anthony. (and Anthony is a small 9 yr old).

The prices & quality of food was horrible....so just be aware of those facts. Like I said, the Knott's Chicken Dinner was truly a highlight. It was sooooo good!!!!

Hopefully you'll have a better experience!! But ending with DL is a great plan!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
We had debated between Knotts & Universal & went with Knotts since I had fond memories of this place from my childhood. I wasn't expecting DL while there, but the feel/vibe was so different that I felt like I was at an expensive carnival. We didn't see any characters at all & we spent a few hours in the kid area. Some of the rides in the kid area, Ayden will be too big for....we found that to be true for Anthony. (and Anthony is a small 9 yr old).

The prices & quality of food was horrible....so just be aware of those facts. Like I said, the Knott's Chicken Dinner was truly a highlight. It was sooooo good!!!!

Hopefully you'll have a better experience!! But ending with DL is a great plan!!
So I think we nixed Knotts, and then we went back to Universal...but because of cost I think we're just going to do DL for all our days. For $4 more we get an extra day at DL instead of the $80 for Universal. Just makes more since. With the shorter hours doing disney for 6 days is perfect for us. I can't wait. I still need to get our tickets from getawaytoday.com.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
MommyWithDreams

So I'm really late getting this PTR together, it's finally time to add some pictures.

The Cast: Me, Janelle....mom to a 7 year old son named Ayden. I've always been a lover of Disneyland. I was 6 months old the first time I went. My parents took my sister and I to DL almost every year for 7 years straight. That's probably why my mom dislikes DL so much. I divorced in January 2006 and started dating my other half "Chris" in August 2006. Unfortunately he can't join us on this trip due to work...but he's thrilled that my dad will be with us.

My son: Ayden, 7, going on 17....lover of Disneyland especially BTMRR.

My Dad: Larry.... I still can't believe he's going to Disneyland again, but so thankful he is.

Here's my Dad and I in June from our trip to Washington.

Ayden and I from our last trip.

I have a love for Goofy...obviously.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

I would like to join and read along. So now you have 3 readers. I look forward to your adventures with your dad, son and Mickey.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #13
Bungle
DIS Veteran

4 readers now.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
DizNee Luver

So another day at DL is never a bad thing!! It will be weird going during a time the hours are shorter......I've never done that before!!

Are you still going to try & get your dad over to the chicken dinner at Mrs Knott's restaurant?? It really would be worth the trip & make for a nice dinner.

Are you planning any character meals, WoC, Fantasmic or other sit down meals??

Does Ayden know yet or are you still keeping it a secret?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

I'm still reading too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: