Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
joyceybear
Earning My Ears

Question Questions on booking port excursions from first time cruiser

My extended family is taking a 4-night cruise in the spring on the Disney Dream. In two days we are going to be able to book port excursions, etc.

Because we have multiple room reservations, and some people want to do the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim, some want to be observers, and some want to do other things, I'm having some anxieties about how to book everything!

Can I book the whole group by calling, or do it under my room? Or do I have to have everyone go through by themselves under their own room. My concern is that it will book up before we get our whole group into one timeslot.

Does anyone know how fast these excursions usually fill up?

Also, is there anything else we should consider booking right away? I heard that there is enough to do on Castaway Cay that we really don't need to book anything in advance. But is there anything on the ship that we should make reservations for? We will have kids with us that are 9, 11 and 13.

Any help anyone can give me before Tuesday would be greatly appreciated!!!
joyceybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Mommb
Mouseketeer

Make sure your reservations are linked -- check with your travel agent if you used one or Disney Cruise Line if you didn't. Then you should be able to select anyone (of appropriate age) in your party as you book excursions.

The only onboard activities that can be booked in advance are Palo and Remy meals and spa treatments. If you want adult-only meals, it is best to book ahead. I do not know how quickly the spa fills. Other onboard activities that require tickets (such as beverage tastings) require a stop at Guest Services after they are announced in the Personal Navigator.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booking, dream, excursion, port

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: