Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Is anybody else excited about the updated plans for the new Fantasyland? I am beyond happy about the Dwarf mine ride. I don't care if it turns out to be not a big "thrill", but I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Because of that, Snow White Scary Adventure has moved from our "maybe" list to our "must-dos".
Yes! I can't wait to go on the little mermaid ride

Quote:
On another note, I started thinking about what parks we will want to visit when. The park hours for August are not out yet, but I was able to look at the schedule for the week before by looking at July 31st and onward on the Disney calendar. I tried to come up with a plan for our week based on that previous week (as things don't seem to change much), but I can't find one that I'm truly satisfied with. Your opinion, again, would be appreciated.
I would wait to decide on your parks until the hours come out for August. here is a website that I found really helpful:http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/july11/. He explains what days are best to visit which park, and why. I would always double check his calendar with Disney's, though. The August 2011 crowd calendar isn't out yet.

Quote:
We won't have park hopper, so I think our main goal will be to avoid all parks with EMH. We want to visit both water parks, Epcot and MK at least twice each, and AK and HS at least once each. We want to spend some time in DTD shopping and at DisneyQuest. We plan on making rope drops most days, but do plan on getting up later a few times. A rest day, or slower day (as I'm sure we won't be able to "rest" for one full day ) would be nice somewhere in the middle.
We won't be getting park hoppers, either. I don't like spending a large portion of the day bopping around from park to park. We are avoiding most of the EMH days, except for one where MK is open until 2am. I couldn't resist

Quote:

Things I'm not sure about are :
- Do we want more time at AK or HS?
- Do we want to try more evening EMH, like after the other water park?
- Will we be okay touring MK after a late night, if we get up late?
- Do we have scheduled enough down time?
- Enough time at DTD and DisneyQuest (for Ron, he loves it there)?
- Is one rope drop enough at MK?
- We started with AK last time as our first park, I don't know why but I feel like I should start with a different park this time. Silly, I know.

What do you think?
I want to start our trip with MK because I think it will help me get into the Disney spirit. I also like to have at least a day and a half for AK. In the past, I have only toured HS in one day, but I have had to skip a lot. This time, we are devoting a day and a half to HS. As for the down time and late night touring concerns, that is up to you. Are you used to going to the parks all day, nonstop? I get a lot of energy at Disney, so I don't really need a lot in the way of downtime. One or two mornings to sleep in (and by "sleeping in" I mean missing rope drop ) and a couple well-placed snack breaks are enough for me. I think it also depends on how you're feeling that day.

Quote:
As an aside, no news for my mom. Still waiting on the results. She seems to be holding up ok, or at least doing a good job at pretending to. On a more positive note, she looks awesome with a shaved head.
I am so sorry about your mom! I hope she gets better!
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: