Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far-- we can't wait to eat at Sunshine Seasons our next trip!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Doing great with the reviews! Keep it coming!

AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #19
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Wow, that is a long plane ride!

I can't wait to read more. We are going on our first trip to The World in May and we will be eating at some of the same places.

Terri
It is a long plane ride, but having a Disney vacation at the end makes it all the more bearable

I'm sure you'll enjoy your first trip to The World, hopefully my reviews will be helpful for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Enjoying your reviews!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great reviews so far-- we can't wait to eat at Sunshine Seasons our next trip!
I hope you like it as much as we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Doing great with the reviews! Keep it coming!

Thanks!

2002: Disneyland and Californian Adventure - Offsite
2006: WDW - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2007: Disneyland Resort Paris - Disney's Sequoia Lodge
2008: Tokyo Disney Resort - Hilton @ Tokyo Disney Resort
2010: HK Disneyland - Offsite
2010: WDW - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #20
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Our First TS Experience - 50's PTC!

After watching the early Candlelight Processional at Epcot we raced down to HS for our 50's Prime Time Cafe ADR at 7:05pm. We arrived a little early and relaxed here in the lounge!

Don't you love that tree?

Well luckily the restaurant wasn't too busy and they were able to seat us about ten minutes before our ADR. So far, so good!

Our waitress (or should I say, cousin?) was Sara. She was nice and very helpful, but I don't think she was as into the whole set-up as some of the others. This was fine with us. While we wanted to have a bit of fun we didn't really want to have anything over the top! Sara did the regular stuff, like throwing the cutlery and napkins on the table and warning us about elbows on the table

To drink, DM had a Diet Coke, DS had a Chocolate Milkshake and DD ordered a Merlot.

I had the famous PB&J shake! For those of you that haven't heard of this wonder yet, it is pretty much a vanilla milkshake with big chunks of peanut butter in it! Very, very yummy, and there was enough to quench the thirst of a large army! DS says that her chocolate shake was to DIE FOR!!

And now onto the entrees....

Mum ordered the Salmon

Dad ordered the pork tenderloin

DS Rachel ordered the Fried Chicken

And I ordered the steak

Really no complaints with my dish, the steak was cooked as requested and the cheesy potatoes were really nice! The beans weren't too bad either. However, DS didn't really like her southern greens that were served with the fried chicken and was eyeing DD's and my green beans. She did like the chicken though! DD asked Sara for some pepper sauce if I remember correctly, which she brought out promptly. DM had no complaints with her dish. We were more than happy with the serving sizes!

After finishing our meals Sara brought out Clean Plate club stickers! No spoon-feeding of vegetables here folks!

And then onto the desserts. Sadly, no viewfinder was provided

Mum ordered the no sugar added cheesecake. I don't remember her having any complaints

And the rest of us ordered the famous Brownie Sundae!

Ummm maybe they should consider renaming this the calorie avalanche or something?

But yeah, it was really really good! I wasn't such a big fan of the popcorn (never really liked the stuff - DM liked it though) but everything else was really good! Sadly I wasn't able to finish the whole serving, and I think it is something I will regret for many years to come

The kitchen staff were very quick with preparing the meals. They all came out very quickly, but they had still taken the time to ensure that everything had been prepared according to our wishes.

Overall, I reckon that the 50's Prime Time Cafe is a pretty good spot to eat, especially for a theme park. We would all be happy to return in the future, although I'm sure there are other restaurants that we haven't visited yet that would be just as good!

Cost:

4 TS Credits Used - 40 remaining
Bill Total - $122.57 (avg $30.64ea)
Running Total - $288.76

And of course, right after dinner we were off to see the fabulous Dancing lights!

Sadly no snacks today, although there will be snacks coming up soon!

NEXT UP: An early lunch at Columbia Harbor House!

Last edited by The_Aviator; 02-04-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #21
brewhome
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! Love your pics. You guys look like a wonderful family!!
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #22
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Lunch at the Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House

This was the first place that we ate on our last trip to WDW, and after reading all the reviews and seeing recent pics we were really quite excited to eat there again! It might just be me, but I really like the decor of this place!

I've also got a picture of the menu here. Very sorry about the picture quality here, it was pretty dark inside!

Luckily thanks to the Disboards we were aware of the upstairs dining area. Just a note for people who might be going there, there is a Cast Member at the foot of the stairs checking that you have a tray of food before going up. I just want to let you know in case, for example your entire party goes upstairs then someone comes down for whatever reason without a tray of food and isn't allowed to go back up. There are probably other things that could happen, so just keep in mind that a tray of food is required to go upstairs.

As for the upstairs area itself, it was very nice! We were able to get a massive table for the four of us and were very comfortable.

Now onto the food. DM, DS and I all had the Shrimp Platter

and DD had the Chicken Breast Nuggets, served with French Fries

We also got two 32oz Diet Cokes, 2 Large Dasani waters and 4 Apple Crisps for dessert.

DM, DS and I were all very happy with our shrimp platters. There were nine shrimp on each plate, the fries were crisp and the coleslaw was good. The sauce you can see on the plate is like the special sauce they provide with the shrimp and it was quite nice. However, if you don't like it the condiments bar has plenty of other sauces to choose from. DM liked the shrimp so much that for the rest of the holiday, everytime we passed the restaurant she asked if we could stop by to purchase a plate of shrimp! DD was also happy with his chicken nuggets, although I think his serving was a fair bit smaller than ours.

The dessert was also very nice. I know that there have been many reports here of people wishing they would serve it a la mode. While it would definitely be nice to have some ice-cream, I liked it on its own and found that the crust provided enough flavour to help neutralise the strong taste of the apple. Best of all, it was a warm dessert and something different to the regular desserts you would find at theme park CS.

EDIT: Hi, this is the DS, Rachel, here. Just letting you know i didn't enjoy the apple crisp nearly a quarter as much as my DB Stephen did. I found the pastry a little soggy and while i ate the filling on its own i didn't find it THAT great. But hey, each to their own right?

All in all, we were happy with this meal and glad to have returned. Staff were quick to prepare our meals and kept the place clean. I would highly recommend it should you be in need of a place to eat at the Magic Kingdom. We would most likely return.

Cost:

4 credits used - 32 remaining
Bill Total - $65.92 (avg $16.48ea)
Running Total - $354.68

NEXT UP: A snack at Aloha Isle!

Last edited by The_Aviator; 02-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Love your review. Can't wait for the rest. Looking forward to visiting Australia someday.

Jill in CO
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Goodness had no idea it was such a long flight from Austraila, I want to go back to DL someday but dreading what now seems like a short trip compared to yours, since it was only 6 hours for me last time.

Very nice family pic at the beginning of this tread and nice start to the reviews, I am subbing as I want to read more, our trip is not until September so I am just now begining to pick and choose where we want to eat

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Doing great! We are looking forward to eating at Columbia House in March. My DH and I joined the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour and lunch will be at CH. The last time we were at DW in October, the family had plans to go there but never made it. We were soooo disappointed. It seems like a great hidden gem at DW.

I'm gald you enjoyed!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #26
haven_alise1997
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading more of your reviews. I like how you are putting the cost also, since we are going to Disney withough DDP this next time around it will hopefully give me a good basis on what things really cost! Thanks so much.
Me DD14
haven_alise1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #27
klacey1
DIS Veteran

CHH is great! We love the nautical decor, too. Sitting upstairs is a great way to relax amidst the craziness of the theme park! Great review!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #28
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhome View Post
Great reviews! Love your pics. You guys look like a wonderful family!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Love your review. Can't wait for the rest. Looking forward to visiting Australia someday.

Jill in CO
Thanks! If you haven't yet, you should watch Oprah's Australian special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Goodness had no idea it was such a long flight from Austraila, I want to go back to DL someday but dreading what now seems like a short trip compared to yours, since it was only 6 hours for me last time.

Very nice family pic at the beginning of this tread and nice start to the reviews, I am subbing as I want to read more, our trip is not until September so I am just now begining to pick and choose where we want to eat
Oh this is a great time for you to start looking into restaurants since the ADR window won't be opening for a while yet. If I was going to make one or two suggestions, I would recommend Le Cellier and the Maya Grill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Doing great! We are looking forward to eating at Columbia House in March. My DH and I joined the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour and lunch will be at CH. The last time we were at DW in October, the family had plans to go there but never made it. We were soooo disappointed. It seems like a great hidden gem at DW.

I'm gald you enjoyed!
It is a great little restaurant, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haven_alise1997 View Post
Looking forward to reading more of your reviews. I like how you are putting the cost also, since we are going to Disney withough DDP this next time around it will hopefully give me a good basis on what things really cost! Thanks so much.
Thanks! Just keep in mind that I think for the buffets we visited we had to pay a peak period price, which is a couple of dollars more than the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
CHH is great! We love the nautical decor, too. Sitting upstairs is a great way to relax amidst the craziness of the theme park! Great review!
Thanks! It definitely is far more relaxing than many of the other CS places at the MK.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

A Snack at Aloha Isle!

It was a reasonably warm day (well, at least it was warmer than it was later on our trip! ) so we went to Aloha Isle to start making use of some snack credits. DD had seen people walking around with the cups and really wanted one, so we trekked from Fantasyland to Adventureland to get one!

DM had a pineapple soft serve ($3.19), DS and DD had a vanilla citrus swirl ($3.19) and I had a Pineapple and Vanilla Dole Float ($4.19)

Just a word of warning for people who are visiting here. DD got confused with the idea of a vanilla citrus swirl and thought it would be all vanilla. Of course with the swirl it is not just the vanilla ice-cream, but also the citrus component, in their case pineapple. If you are looking for a plain vanilla, plain pineapple etc. what you want to get is the soft serve, not the swirl. I just wanted to point that out in case there are any misunderstandings.

I'm sorry but we didn't get around to taking any pics. However, these are pretty popular and there are plenty of pics across the net!

My float was . Basically there was a lot of pineapple juice in the bottom of the cup and a big chunk of vanilla ice-cream on top. Most people around me who seemed to have one, and me included, decided to drink the pineapple juice first and save the soft serve for later. It was a really nice snack, and pretty good value too! I reckon it would be an even better snack in the coming months as the weather heats up in Florida.

DM had no complaints about her pineapple soft serve, it was what it was described as and nothing surprising. The servings were pretty big, though and I don't think she finished it.

DS and DD thought that the pineapple-vanilla ratio in their swirls was not very good, and that there was a lot more pineapple soft serve than vanilla soft serve. This was perhaps their biggest complaint of the swirl.

So at least in our experience, I think if we visited again we would avoid the swirl and probably get either the float or the plain soft serve.

Cost:

4 snack credits used, 40 remaining
Bill Total - $14.65 (avg $3.66ea)
Running Total - $369.33

NEXT UP: A dinner with character at 1900 Park Fare!

Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

I'm checking in here. I'm really lenjoying your report so far, your family seems to have very similar tastes to my family. Our upcoming trip in Aug. I've planned some of the same restaurants.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
counter service, dining plan, holidays, snacks, table service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: