Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #76
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Aww, I would have totally cried about that too!!! On our last trip, I made such a big deal about bringing a $10 coupon that I had from my Rainforest Club membership for our dinner at T-Rex. Seriously, I had it packed weeks in advance BUT when I went to use it, I forgot that I also needed my membership card...which I totally forgot! It was so not a big deal but such a disappointment! Looks like you had a great meal anyway! Lovely date night! Even if there was no wine....
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #77
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Hello there! I'm subscribing (a little late ).
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Aww, I would have totally cried about that too!!! On our last trip, I made such a big deal about bringing a $10 coupon that I had from my Rainforest Club membership for our dinner at T-Rex. Seriously, I had it packed weeks in advance BUT when I went to use it, I forgot that I also needed my membership card...which I totally forgot! It was so not a big deal but such a disappointment! Looks like you had a great meal anyway! Lovely date night! Even if there was no wine....
Exactly! Glad you understand the feeling. I was feeling a bit silly writing about the incident, but as I was living through it it fell much worse. Disappointed is the right word, that we couldn't celebrate our first anniversary properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Hello there! I'm subscribing (a little late ).
Better late than never! Welcome.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #79
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh I hated to read that you weren't allowed to order any alcohol because you didn't have your i.d. When I was in my 30s, I used to get carded all the time when I bought John's tobacco. It made me so mad then but I wish they'd card me now that I'm 45.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #80
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh I hated to read that you weren't allowed to order any alcohol because you didn't have your i.d. When I was in my 30s, I used to get carded all the time when I bought John's tobacco. It made me so mad then but I wish they'd card me now that I'm 45.

When we are young we want to look older, and when we get older we want to look younger. Women...

On another note, I got some very bad news yesterday/today. My mom has a brain tumor. Though we won't know exactly what kind until she gets a biopsy next week, the neuro-surgeon thinks it's most likely cancerous and will need immediate treatment. Basically, it doesn't look promising.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #81
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
On another note, I got some very bad news yesterday/today. My mom has a brain tumor. Though we won't know exactly what kind until she gets a biopsy next week, the neuro-surgeon thinks it's most likely cancerous and will need immediate treatment. Basically, it doesn't look promising.
Oh no! I am soooo sorry to hear about your mother. Please know that I will be praying for her and for your family.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #82
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm so sorry!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #83
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Thanks for caring guys. She had a biopsy done today. Everything went well, and she is already back home. Now we have to wait up to 2 weeks for results. This will tell us what kind of tumor it is, and what possible treatments to take. (best smiley I could find to portray impatience and not liking not knowing)

On another news, we booked our flight! Not the cheapest around, but we wanted direct and to arrive early in the day (we arrive at noon). Plus, a friend of ours gave us a promotional code so we got a bit of a discount. So now our dates are set in stone, Aug. 10 to Aug. 21
Old 01-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #84
NikkiLovesWDW!

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you hear something soon. The waiting and not know must be just awful.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #85
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I need your opinion on something.

As we are having a destination wedding, we don't want people to buy us gifts. I am not even having a bridal shower, and we have not registered anywhere. However, some people have already told us they will buy us a gift whether we like it or not. We have learned to stop arguing and just accept it, as it just means they care for us and want to do something nice.

My thing is, we really don't need anything for the house. Plus, I'm VERY picky when it comes to those stuff, and don't like/use most of the fancy schmancy stuff. So I was thinking of signing up to the Disney registry. That way people can give us money to use towards our trip.

Now the question is, how do I put the word out that we've registered for that and would prefer that over "stuff"? I don't want to come accross as asking for a gift, especially for those who were not intending on buying us anything.

Last edited by ronnmel; 01-22-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #86
NikkiLovesWDW!

Oh I can totally relate!!! I am really particular about the stuff I like too and didn't really feel the need to replace a lot of stuff I already had in my apt so had a very hard time registering. Let me just give you a word of caution...people are going to buy you what THEY want to buy you, not what you want! That said, I think it's a great idea to do a Disney Honeymoon registry! We did one (on top of our Bed Bath and Beyond) and although there were people who insisted on buying us, say, a red toaster oven even though it wasn't even on our registry, a lot of people did buy only from the Disney registry because they knew that's what we really wanted. So I think you might get both but at least if you do it, you'll satisfy the people who want to get you something and get a little spending money out of it!

Do you have a wedding website or something that family and friends check that you can put it on? Or maybe have your parents spread the word so it's not like you are calling up people to tell them to buy you something!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #87
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I need your opinion on something.

As we are having a destination wedding, we don't want people to buy us gifts. I am not even having a bridal shower, and we have not registered anywhere. However, some people have already told us they will buy us a gift whether we like it or not. We have learned to stop arguing and just accept it, as it just means they care for us and want to do something nice.

My thing is, we really don't need anything for the house. Plus, I'm VERY picky when it comes to those stuff, and don't like/use most of the fancy schmancy stuff. So I was thinking of signing up to the Disney registry. That way people can give us money to use towards our trip.

Now the question is, how do I put the word out that we've registered for that and would prefer that over "stuff"? I don't want to come accross as asking for a gift, especially for those who were not intending on buying us anything.
I agree with Nikki. Have your family and friends spread the word, and possibly put it on a wedding website. Don't put your registry info in your wedding invites or anything like that (you could put that info on bridal shower invites if you were having one).

One little note about registering for "stuff": It can be really fun! My DF and I ran around target for two hours just scanning stuff. We made it into a silly little date Also, if you register for a place like target, it makes it easier to return gifts because you have what is called a "gift log". You don't have to add a lot of stuff on it either. Just a handful of things to satisfy the people who must get you a gift.

I think the Disney honeymoon registry is a great idea! I just don't think we will do it because we have already registered for other places.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #88
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

We registered! Well actually, I registered, then told Ron everything I "asked" for. Now I'm just waiting to receive the gift card by mail to activate our account.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh I can totally relate!!! I am really particular about the stuff I like too and didn't really feel the need to replace a lot of stuff I already had in my apt so had a very hard time registering. Let me just give you a word of caution...people are going to buy you what THEY want to buy you, not what you want! That said, I think it's a great idea to do a Disney Honeymoon registry! We did one (on top of our Bed Bath and Beyond) and although there were people who insisted on buying us, say, a red toaster oven even though it wasn't even on our registry, a lot of people did buy only from the Disney registry because they knew that's what we really wanted. So I think you might get both but at least if you do it, you'll satisfy the people who want to get you something and get a little spending money out of it!

Do you have a wedding website or something that family and friends check that you can put it on? Or maybe have your parents spread the word so it's not like you are calling up people to tell them to buy you something!
Yeah, I know some people will just buy me whatever they want. I won't register anywhere else though, as there really isn't anything else we want/need, other than big expensive things. Plus, our place is already cluttered enouh with stuff as it is. Every few months we do a small clean up of our place and bring stuff to give to a charity. I did register for a variety of things, so at least it will give people some sort of "choice".

We do have a wedding website, but nobody ever really look at it, and we haven't updated it in almost 8 months. We also tried setting up a facebook group, thinking it might work better, but not really. I think we will send an email to our parents as well as our closest friends and ask them to spread the word. And we will make sure to emphasize that due to the nature of us having a destination wedding, we really don't expect anyone to give us a gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
I agree with Nikki. Have your family and friends spread the word, and possibly put it on a wedding website. Don't put your registry info in your wedding invites or anything like that (you could put that info on bridal shower invites if you were having one).

One little note about registering for "stuff": It can be really fun! My DF and I ran around target for two hours just scanning stuff. We made it into a silly little date Also, if you register for a place like target, it makes it easier to return gifts because you have what is called a "gift log". You don't have to add a lot of stuff on it either. Just a handful of things to satisfy the people who must get you a gift.

I think the Disney honeymoon registry is a great idea! I just don't think we will do it because we have already registered for other places.

Wedding invites have been sent almost a year ago, so no risk of putting it there. No bridal shower for me, but will have a bachelorette. I think it will be especially fun to get to party with all my friends since none of them can make it to Cuba.

Even though it was all virtual, registering for all the Disney stuff was a lot of fun too! And I'm sure I will have even more fun registering for actually baby stuff when that time comes.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #89
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Is anybody else excited about the updated plans for the new Fantasyland? I am beyond happy about the Dwarf mine ride. I don't care if it turns out to be not a big "thrill", but I'm sure it will be lots of fun. Because of that, Snow White Scary Adventure has moved from our "maybe" list to our "must-dos".

On another note, I started thinking about what parks we will want to visit when. The park hours for August are not out yet, but I was able to look at the schedule for the week before by looking at July 31st and onward on the Disney calendar. I tried to come up with a plan for our week based on that previous week (as things don't seem to change much), but I can't find one that I'm truly satisfied with. Your opinion, again, would be appreciated.

We won't have park hopper, so I think our main goal will be to avoid all parks with EMH. We want to visit both water parks, Epcot and MK at least twice each, and AK and HS at least once each. We want to spend some time in DTD shopping and at DisneyQuest. We plan on making rope drops most days, but do plan on getting up later a few times. A rest day, or slower day (as I'm sure we won't be able to "rest" for one full day ) would be nice somewhere in the middle.

So here's what I have so far:
Wed Aug 10 - Land around noon. Either stay at POP to enjoy the pool, go to DTD, or visit MK for a few hours.
Thu Aug 11 - AK all day, DTD at night
Fri Aug 12 - HS all day, then visit Boardwalk area after. Possibly play Minigolf at Fantasia
Sat Aug 13 - Epcot all day. Focus all of Future World (rides and Innoventions)
Sun Aug 14 - Water park during the day, not necessarily for rope drop. DTD at night. We'd like to try SIN night at House of Blues, anybody ever heard anythign good about it?
Mon Aug 15 - MK all day, but will sleep in and won't make it to rope drop.
Tue Aug 16 - Sleep in again, then head to AKL (probably taking a cab) to have a late breakfast at Boma. Will either rest all day, or revisit AK for a few hours.
Wed Aug 17 - Epcot all day. Focus on World Showcase (including Kim Possible and drinking around the world. We think combining those two should make it even more fun )
Thu Aug 18 and Fri Aug 19 - One of them will be the other water park day, and the other ?. Possibly going back to HS for a few hours. We *might* make it to MK after the water park for evening EMH.
Sat Aug 20 - MK all day, including rope drop. Our last full day.
Sun Aug 21 - Will probably have to catch ME around 9-10am, so no parks.

Things I'm not sure about are :
- Do we want more time at AK or HS?
- Do we want to try more evening EMH, like after the other water park?
- Will we be okay touring MK after a late night, if we get up late?
- Do we have scheduled enough down time?
- Enough time at DTD and DisneyQuest (for Ron, he loves it there)?
- Is one rope drop enough at MK?
- We started with AK last time as our first park, I don't know why but I feel like I should start with a different park this time. Silly, I know.

What do you think?

As an aside, no news for my mom. Still waiting on the results. She seems to be holding up ok, or at least doing a good job at pretending to. On a more positive note, she looks awesome with a shaved head.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #90
NikkiLovesWDW!

Hey Mel! I think your plans look really great! You are definitely going to have a fun World Showcase day! I am really excited about the new Mine Cart ride too. I'm definitely a Disney purist but I'm cool with them shutting Snow White's Scary Adventures. Wonder if it'll still be open for one last ride when I got in Sept/Oct? Oh well! The new ride sounds really fun.

Aww, glad to hear your mom is in good spirits. Waiting SUCKS!!

Oh and so happy you registered!! It's fun, right? We ended up with over $1000 on a disney gift card from that registry! Make sure you register for big stuff AND for $10 stuff, just in case some people want to just give a small amount. It's so much fun when you get the email that something has been purchased!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: