Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #151
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
BIG fan of the vinylmation here. I was straitening up my shelves and set up all my vinyls to take some pictures of them. This is a photo album I posted on my FB page today.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=7827eb1f62
I am looking forward to picking up some of the Star Wars figures next month.
is that a DVC one I see???? And did you get the red monorail when they were first released or did you go to Ebay for it?

Sorry for the random questions!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #152
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
is that a DVC one I see???? And did you get the red monorail when they were first released or did you go to Ebay for it?

Sorry for the random questions!
That is the DVC vinylmation and the red monorail, both were bought on Disney property. Looking forward to my next trip to pick up some more.

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #153
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is the DVC vinylmation and the red monorail, both were bought on Disney property. Looking forward to my next trip to pick up some more.
Very cool! I had forgotten about the DVC vinyls being released. I need to pay more attention!

I just get the ones that I find interesting and the kids help me trade but we've managed to build up a rather large 'collection' of them in less than a year. They are my 'hidden mickeys' (that's what the kids call them) though since they are so pricey.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #154
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I counted mine and currently have 151 of the 3" vinyls. Sixteen more are set to arrive by the end of next week. I may have a problem....
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #155
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I counted mine and currently have 151 of the 3" vinyls. Sixteen more are set to arrive by the end of next week. I may have a problem....
Todd: WOW! that's a lot of vinylmation, let's see them.
How does everyone display there vinylmations? Mine are on 2 shelves in my downstairs bathroom (DW has a strict policy on how much Disney stuff I can display and where).

Here are how mine are displayed:

Close up view

and how it looks in the room

Joe

">
Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #156
delmar411
DIS Veteran

great pics Joe! I just have mine on top of short bookcases in my room. The kids like to arrange them all constantly so I don't have a 'display' setup. I'm thinking I should get shelves and get my actual knickknacks up off the bookcases and then there would be plenty of room for the vinyls.

Thankfully my DH is just as much a Disney nut as me. Our room is 'decorated' in Disney and Star Wars.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #157
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
How does everyone display there vinylmations? Mine are on 2 shelves in my downstairs bathroom (DW has a strict policy on how much Disney stuff I can display and where).

Close up view

Joe
I'm so jealous of some of your park 1s (ok, mainly Figment and the Sorcerer Hat one..the more I see that one the more I think it's really cool!)!!! When vinylmation first came out we were in NYC and stopped at the World of Disney store. I vaguely remember seeing signs all over the store/in the windows for it but I had no clue at the time what it was. Still kind of bummed I didn't get any of them.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #158
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm so jealous of some of your park 1s (ok, mainly Figment and the Sorcerer Hat one..the more I see that one the more I think it's really cool!)!!! When vinylmation first came out we were in NYC and stopped at the World of Disney store. I vaguely remember seeing signs all over the store/in the windows for it but I had no clue at the time what it was. Still kind of bummed I didn't get any of them.
Figment is one of my favorites. I am only missing the Bad Apple and Disneyland Mystery from the Parks 1 group. Usually I have the urge to have a complete set, but I don't want to pay what people are asking on Ebay, so I just get them from the Disney parks and the Disney shopping site.

">
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #159
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Close up view

Joe
If you don't care me asking where did you find your shelves at?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #160
dizbubbles
Earning My Ears

Mine are displayed at work and on a bookshelf. They make me so happy! Especially my Mr. Incredible Mickey--- he's my favorite! My kids have a bunch scattered about their rooms as well. My youngest son started collecting with Park 1 so he used to PLAY with them. EEK! His monorail has scuffs from when he was throwing it around waiting in line at WDW. He still loves it-- and I won't think about the depreciation!
dizbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #161
airman
DisneyNerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
If you don't care me asking where did you find your shelves at?
I had the shelves for a while. I think I got them at Target, I believe Michaels has shelves like this also.

">
Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #162
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had the shelves for a while. I think I got them at Target, I believe Michaels has shelves like this also.

thx. i actually bought a couple of the shot glass display cases. they are perfect for the vinylmations. I thought that the shelves might work better in my daughters room .
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #163
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Does anyone know if the Flag series is blind or open boxed? And do you suppose they are also available (or will be) at the pavilions around World Showcase?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #164
debranator
earless

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Flag series is blind or open boxed? And do you suppose they are also available (or will be) at the pavilions around World Showcase?
ok..I could be wrong..
but...I am pretty sure my son[who knows these things..somehow]..
told me..open box.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #165
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too have a problem. I made the mistake of counting mine a few weeks ago and I'm up to 200 3" & 9", more technically because I was counting sets as 1 unit.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: