Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Lightbulb Pre trip report.. with pictures :)

This is my plan book.. it is still a work in progress

the front is just what it came with.. I will be redueing once I figure out what I want to do.. any suggestions?

The first sections is Airport, Transportation, and Hotel

Personal information is edited out.. (you never know)

The next section was our plans for each day that involved DL (again personal info taken out)

The next section was DL sched each day..

The next section was each "land" and listed the rides there, if their was a height requirement, and the ones highlighted have fp

The next section is maps- (with real ones behind it)

so that is the book.. so far

Plans...

Thursday-
Pick up rental car and head to hotel and check in. They head to DTD for
Goofy's Kitchen and DTD shoppping

Friday-
Whole crowd does disney

Saturday- no Disney (wedding day)

Sunday-
Ariels and blue Bayou

Monday-
Surfs up and part day at DL, then head to airport drop off rental car and go home

Last edited by brookies_mommy; 01-21-2011 at 02:29 AM.
brookies_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #2
luckycharms2010
Mouseketeer

It's cute, and it looks like you've spent a lot of time working on it. Good Job. I would not have the motivation to do something like that. I'm more of a show up, follow the map and wing it type of person... minus restaurant reservations and like WOC and Aladdin.

Disneyland - June 2000, Disneyland/California Adventure March 2001, July 2001, January 2002, April 2002, June 2004, July 2005
Looking forward to our first family vacation to Disneyland/California Adventure in Summer 2011
luckycharms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms2010 View Post
It's cute, and it looks like you've spent a lot of time working on it. Good Job. I would not have the motivation to do something like that. I'm more of a show up, follow the map and wing it type of person... minus restaurant reservations and like WOC and Aladdin.
LOL.. I haven't even done ridemax yet!! LMAO!! Or made my fantasmic reservations.. or WOC lol.

It does take a lot of work.. but when you do trips like DL.. its nice to have a plan too
Old 01-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
luckycharms2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookies_mommy View Post
LOL.. I haven't even done ridemax yet!! LMAO!! Or made my fantasmic reservations.. or WOC lol.

It does take a lot of work.. but when you do trips like DL.. its nice to have a plan too
LOL, I'm just not a big plan everything out person. Andy and I talked about getting ridemax, but decided we probably wouldn't follow it anyway. I think We'll find it more relaxing to not feel like we're on a schedule.

Disneyland - June 2000, Disneyland/California Adventure March 2001, July 2001, January 2002, April 2002, June 2004, July 2005
Looking forward to our first family vacation to Disneyland/California Adventure in Summer 2011
luckycharms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms2010 View Post
LOL, I'm just not a big plan everything out person. Andy and I talked about getting ridemax, but decided we probably wouldn't follow it anyway. I think We'll find it more relaxing to not feel like we're on a schedule.
It's fun to plan I am a MAJOR planner.. which pretty much surprises everyone who knows me! lol

I get a mixed feel from it.. I forgot our plans last year so we didn't use them. But I'll probably do it and see how it goes.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

WOW! You are my hero - I still have our photos/mementos from our trip 2 years ago to WDW in a box! I had even bought a super cute album at WDW, it is still shrinkwrapped

One thing I noticed - you missed a P in shopping on the Thursday page.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I have to move this over to the Trip Report section. All of the completed TR's or TR's in progress, as well as Pre-TR's, have to go over there.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Looks great ~ I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeitel View Post
WOW! You are my hero - I still have our photos/mementos from our trip 2 years ago to WDW in a box! I had even bought a super cute album at WDW, it is still shrinkwrapped

One thing I noticed - you missed a P in shopping on the Thursday page.
HAHA on the "P" with as good as I am at it, you'd think I'd spell it correctly. Thanks I'll be fixing it I made one last time we went.. only bigger.. I hated not having it at the park with me, so this one is a lot smaller. I still have all the stuff from last trip.. I save EVERYTHING its kinda rediculas and have not even touched working on that scrapbook yet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I have to move this over to the Trip Report section. All of the completed TR's or TR's in progress, as well as Pre-TR's, have to go over there.
Thanks Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Looks great ~ I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!
Thanks I'm very excited
Old 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
DavisDisneyTrip
Earning My Ears

You are my kind of lady! Where did you get that book? Did you buy it? Make it? If you made it...how?! and if you bought it..where?! lol. I WANT one!
DavisDisneyTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisDisneyTrip View Post
You are my kind of lady! Where did you get that book? Did you buy it? Make it? If you made it...how?! and if you bought it..where?! lol. I WANT one!
I got the book at Big lots. It's just a 4*6 photo book. Each page inside I have custom made. Each page is formated to 4*6 and then I downloaded a Disney font and used that to type in the information I wanted. The characters are all made by me on my cricut. It's a lot of work, but I feel so much better organized than I would if I just "windged" it. This way I dont have to carry a bunch of papers everywhere with me.. ie.. airport, rental car, reservations.. you get it.. Its just all in one place and that will make for a more relazing trip
Old 01-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #12
DavisDisneyTrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I got the book at Big lots. It's just a 4*6 photo book. Each page inside I have custom made. Each page is formated to 4*6 and then I downloaded a Disney font and used that to type in the information I wanted. The characters are all made by me on my cricut. It's a lot of work, but I feel so much better organized than I would if I just "windged" it. This way I dont have to carry a bunch of papers everywhere with me.. ie.. airport, rental car, reservations.. you get it.. Its just all in one place and that will make for a more relazing trip
I agree with you. Although I think it might be hard for me to plan the rides in detail. Since I've never been so I dont really know what I'm doing. But I think it would be SUPER nice to have a general plan. And a list of rides in each area that we're interested in. And a list of resturants and menus in each area. So this type of book would be AWESOME! Thanks so much for posting it! your a really creative lady huh? I wish I had a cricut! Maybe I could just use scrapbooking thingys.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
I agree with you. Although I think it might be hard for me to plan the rides in detail. Since I've never been so I dont really know what I'm doing. But I think it would be SUPER nice to have a general plan. And a list of rides in each area that we're interested in. And a list of resturants and menus in each area. So this type of book would be AWESOME! Thanks so much for posting it! your a really creative lady huh? I wish I had a cricut! Maybe I could just use scrapbooking thingys.
Yes scrapbook stickers and elements would do great!!!

I did do ridemax, and touring plans, if you new I would suggest it.. oh maybe get the unofficial guide to dl to! I like that as well. Even if you don't use them there pretty inexpensive and it will give you an idea of what to do.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
DavisDisneyTrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes scrapbook stickers and elements would do great!!!

I did do ridemax, and touring plans, if you new I would suggest it.. oh maybe get the unofficial guide to dl to! I like that as well. Even if you don't use them there pretty inexpensive and it will give you an idea of what to do.
Picking up a guide does sound like a very good idea! Even if we dont go this year then I'm sure we will go next year. The kids wont wait much longer!(me either!) lol.
*fingers crossed* that it all works out and we get to go this september!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #15
brookies_mommy
I'm good on the basics

Quote:
Picking up a guide does sound like a very good idea! Even if we dont go this year then I'm sure we will go next year. The kids wont wait much longer!(me either!) lol.
*fingers crossed* that it all works out and we get to go this september!
I hope you do too!!! Maybe do touring plans, or the unoffical guide and skip Ridemax until you know your dates

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: