Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
johnsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Jo is the boyfriend. His mom is the one allowing the baby's mom to live in the basement. The baby's mom is named Kailyn.
I may have missed a couple episodes but I am confused. While I am not advocating that Kailyn jump into another relationship right away, why does Jo give a crap what Kailyn is doing if he doesn't want to be with her? It seems to me that she has been willing in the past to work things out with Jo but he can't be bothered with her. Now the previews are showing his mother having an issue with her moving on when her son can't be bothered to work on his end of the relationship with his baby's mother. Jo is also shown having a huge attitude about her taking Isaac around another man even though he has stated he has no romantic interest in Kailyn. What do they want from her?
johnsontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I missed about 5 min. last night so correct me if I'm wrong, but I just couldn't believe Jenelle called her mom & ask to be allowed back home & there wasn't a "thanks mom!" I don't know why that surprises me, given Jenelle's history, but seriously - the FIRST thing I'd want out of my kid's mouth if that were us, was "Thanks mom for taking care of my kid the last week when I didn't come home. And thanks for giving me another chance & letting me move back in." What is wrong with people these days? I thought the mom handled the call well, laying down the rules & telling her calmly this was her last chance, but I would have demanded an apology before we even got that far.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
xCourxCorex
DIS Cast Member
You can't question my love for brownies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefanmichelle View Post
I watch it as well. I feel like Janell and her mom are both to blame. Janell for not stepping up and the mom for really just being in the way and a total control freak. Neither one will change. Janell was just too young to have a baby.

Kailyn - will end up being just like her mom and needing a man and she really needs to move out of Jo's house. That whole situation will not end up well at all.

I am really pulling for Cory and Leah. Those babies are adorable and while Cory and Leah are still so young they really seem to put the babies first.

The one who moved out and her dad is paying for it - can't remember her name - I hope she finishes school she seems so unmotivated to do anything though. She is probably a good mom and that baby is too cute but she needs to finish something and grow up a bit. I understand wanting both parents for your baby but that guy is just using her to be on TV IMHO!

I totally agree with all your points!

Jenelle is definitely in the wrong for all her partying and the awful way she treats her mother. But I don't think the mom is necessarily a saint here either.. I can almost see some of Jenelle's points when they argue - Jace is Jenelle's child, and there are times when she says I want to hold him, I want to change him, etc. She is showing initiative (as she should) to be a good mother .... if Jenelle's mom wasn't such a witch herself, she'd let Jenelle take some responsibility instead of being a control freak and doing all the parenting herself. They are both just so far deep into this mess, I honestly don't think either should have custody of Jace until their issues are solved.

Corey and Leah -- I really hope they get back together.. I feel like they both want to, and they seem like such good parents to the twins!

Kailyn and Jo... another mess. I do feel for Kailyn because her mom looks like a fruit loop, and that has to be an extremely difficult situation to be in. But if she just stayed in Jo's basement, stopped with this new boyfriend nonsense and maybe saved her money so she could move out, her and baby Isaac would be a lot better off.

And Chelsea.. that's the one who's father pays for her rent while she goes to school. I don't think she should've left her parents house - not in this situation at least. I think either she won't finish school, and her parents will get upset and force her to move back home, or she'll end up neglecting her daughter living in that house. And is her friend crazy?! Who would want to move into a house with your 19 year old best friend and her daughter?

Love this season so far though! I wonder if they'll do a special on the original teen mom girls? Even just like a one-hour episode at the end of the season so we can see what's going on with each of them
xCourxCorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I can kind of understand Jo's family being upset with Kailyn for dating. Even though the relationship is not working out between them for now, once she starts to date and move on, there will never be a chance for them. Even though their relationship dissolved, Jo is their baby's father and it still has to be hard to see her with another guy, and the baby with another guy as well. His parents are opening their home to her, no matter what, and it's just not right at this point. Too soon. I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.

Could baby Ali's doctor on last night's episode have been any more personable and compassionate? NOT. I felt bad for Leah and her mom. He was so impersonable and uncompassionate.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the twin? Is it some sort of partial paralysis? Poor little one

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #21
johnsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL_Megs View Post
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the twin? Is it some sort of partial paralysis? Poor little one
Armchair diagnosis here from an RN: The baby's symptoms look similar to a child I know that had a form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I'm sure there are other disorders that have similar symptoms but I can't imagine that this isn't something severe. The Mom mentioned that the baby was breech but since her arms and legs are affected, I think it is less likely to be a birth injury. Maybe an OB nurse or pediatrician will chime in. I feel terrible for them and hope this brings them some clarity so they can get their relationship back on track.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
Miniefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I can kind of understand Jo's family being upset with Kailyn for dating. Even though the relationship is not working out between them for now, once she starts to date and move on, there will never be a chance for them. Even though their relationship dissolved, Jo is their baby's father and it still has to be hard to see her with another guy, and the baby with another guy as well. His parents are opening their home to her, no matter what, and it's just not right at this point. Too soon. I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.

Could baby Ali's doctor on last night's episode have been any more personable and compassionate? NOT. I felt bad for Leah and her mom. He was so impersonable and uncompassionate.
I 100% agree with both your points. I mean, if Kailyn doesn't want to try to help the baby by taking advantage of the help and focusing on school and work, and possibly work on her relationship with Jo, then she really needs to work on moving out cause to me her entering into another relationship is really disrespectful to Jo's parents, at this point I feel like she's using them. And her mom, I mean she is a piece of work. It really hurt me that she didn't offer her a place, what a woman!

And with the baby Ali (Leah and Corey) I am wondering why it took so long for her to notice and get the baby to the doctor. I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins? I mean when I had my kids when me and friends who had babies within a couple of months each other we would talk and ask about their growth and development. And that doc- I would find a new one if my ped treated me like that.

Jenelle and her mom need counseling, seriously. Jenelle only did what her mother allowed her to do, and then her mom is doing what she thinks she has to do. You cant be a parent only when you feel like it but I also feel like she (the mom) considers Jace as her baby now, cause she just about wont let Jenelle do anything. She is an instigator too, I mean what was that crap about taking the router?? She has the right idea in some ways but just has a wrong way to go about it. They need help.

Chelsea- her dad is going to **** a brick when he finds out she is trying to get back with Adam. She is such a nice and pretty girl. I just don't understand why she wants to be with someone who runs over her and treats her like crap. Im glad for her that she has a dad that takes care of her but I think she has it a little too easy.

My thoughts and $.02

Kim
Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
bambii
aka Jadedee
Wouldn't mind staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jo

i noticed something i was watching them in the pool the mom went in with the baby and dad sat on the side lines.,. and when they were done playing in the pool, dad got all cranky because his child got his pants wet.. and he didnt want to put baby into the car seat cause he didnt want to get wet.. come on you went swimming things are going to get wet,.

janelle was without her son for two week and final got to see them and it seem like as soon as she got there grandma had to put the baby to bed.. he could have stayed up longer.. (if that would have been my i would have stepped up and said something like i can put him to bed later i have saw him it two weeks and i want to spend time with him)

and the girl with the twins the dad he could have taken time off work.. to go to the doctors he just blew it off like it was a check up.. wake up..

at disneyland feb, 2010

Me DH DS 17 DS11
bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post

I can understand that it would be hard for them to see her dating someone else. And I agree she has other things to worry about before she jumps into another relationship. But it would appear that Joe treats her like GARBAGE. That is an issue that they (Joe's mom and dad) need to address if they're going to be involved.

And while they did open their home to her, that doesn't give them the right (Joe's dad) to speak to her the way they did. They are grown adults and they (Joe's dad) should have handled it better.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
johnsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan View Post
I 100% agree with both your points. I mean, if Kailyn doesn't want to try to help the baby by taking advantage of the help and focusing on school and work, and possibly work on her relationship with Jo, then she really needs to work on moving out cause to me her entering into another relationship is really disrespectful to Jo's parents, at this point I feel like she's using them. And her mom, I mean she is a piece of work. It really hurt me that she didn't offer her a place, what a woman!

And with the baby Ali (Leah and Corey) I am wondering why it took so long for her to notice and get the baby to the doctor. I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins? I mean when I had my kids when me and friends who had babies within a couple of months each other we would talk and ask about their growth and development. And that doc- I would find a new one if my ped treated me like that.

Jenelle and her mom need counseling, seriously. Jenelle only did what her mother allowed her to do, and then her mom is doing what she thinks she has to do. You cant be a parent only when you feel like it but I also feel like she (the mom) considers Jace as her baby now, cause she just about wont let Jenelle do anything. She is an instigator too, I mean what was that crap about taking the router?? She has the right idea in some ways but just has a wrong way to go about it. They need help.

Chelsea- her dad is going to **** a brick when he finds out she is trying to get back with Adam. She is such a nice and pretty girl. I just don't understand why she wants to be with someone who runs over her and treats her like crap. Im glad for her that she has a dad that takes care of her but I think she has it a little too easy.

My thoughts and $.02

Kim
I think people don't see what they don't want to see or can't handle. My friend that had the child with the similar problem is a total helicopter parent, very anxious and on top of everything. I went to visit her family and noticed that her 13 mo. old DD (first child) was dragging herself by her arms across the floor, almost the way you see paraplegics move. I was aghast and went home to figure out how to approach her. I called her the next day and she, to this day, 10 years later, is so grateful. She knew, in her heart of hearts, that something was terribly wrong, but couldn't bring herself to even say it aloud, much less get organized to get it diagnosed and begin treatment. Basically paralyzed with fear of the unknown. The other factor here is her age. My friend was over 30 when her DD was born. This poor girl is still a child herself and is very verbal about how overwhelmed she is about the potential difficulties ahead for the baby.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #26
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

I have said this before on other 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom threads here and on other message boards discussing these shows ...

These shows should be MANDATORY watching for Junior and Senior High Schoolers.

Week after week, these shows just get sadder and sadder.

I just cannot imagine the pain that Leah is in with her baby. Every time someone touched that leg in order to straighten it, she wailed. Poor baby doll. And whoever posted that the MD was so umm, removed, UGH, I would have scooped my baby-doll up and LEFT immediately to get ANOTHER opinion ... he was so BLAH for a situation that is quite serious. I am not in the medical field at all ... but I don't think this is good.

Jenelle, ya, well now that she realizes it costs $5,000 to start the procedure to get Jace, she wants back home.

Chelsea with Adam ...

Kailyn, I don't see why she can't have a relationship with Jordan. Joe has made it very clear in his words and his actions he does.not.want.to.be.with.Kailyn.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #27
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambii View Post
and the girl with the twins the dad he could have taken time off work.. to go to the doctors he just blew it off like it was a check up.. wake up..

Not necessarily...I have no idea what kind of work he's in, how much seniority he has, etc. If he's fairly new to the job, still on "probation" etc., calling off work at the last minute could lead to termination. In some areas/industries, work is very hard to come by right now. If he wants to provide for his daughters, he needs a job.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
johnsontrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I can understand that it would be hard for them to see her dating someone else. And I agree she has other things to worry about before she jumps into another relationship. But it would appear that Joe treats her like GARBAGE. That is an issue that they (Joe's mom and dad) need to address if they're going to be involved.

And while they did open their home to her, that doesn't give them the right (Joe's dad) to speak to her the way they did. They are grown adults and they (Joe's dad) should have handled it better.
That's basically the way I see things. At first I thought, since the breakup, they had her living there as the mother of their DGS, independent of a relationship with their son. Taking her in as "another child", as you would for a close friend of your child that didn't have any other place to live. However it is clear that they aren't so much interested in her happiness, development and well being as a person but only her role as baby mama. If they are only interested in supporting her if she is going to be a partner for Jo, who clearly isn't interested in working on a relationship with her, they need to communicate that.

My opinion is that she should be respected for her role as mother to the grandchild. She seems like a nice girl and it bothers me to hear Jo speak to her so disrespectfully. Notice how the parents never say anything to him when he disses her? I didn't note the Dad speaking disrespectfully to her, but that would make sense as Jo learned it somewhere. If the parents don't want to see her forging a relationship with someone else, they need to counsel their son to put his big boy pants on and become a partner to the mother of his child. They sure can verbalize their expectations of Kailyn but I don't hear them verbalizing what they expect Jo to do. How about asking him to man up? They treat him like he is the second coming and her like she is yesterday's paper.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
I have said this before on other 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom threads here and on other message boards discussing these shows ...

These shows should be MANDATORY watching for Junior and Senior High Schoolers.
I watch it with my DD12 ever since 16 and pregnant and teen mom began. it is funny, even she sees this "moms" and "dads" and is like, that isn't a good parent or the guy is a jerk.

About Jo-that boy is a little punk: telling Kailyn she is lucky HE lets her live at HIS house-boy you don't have a job like that. He reminds me of my friends' now ex husband at that age and never grew out of acting like that.

Jenelle and her mom-wow. Her mom enabled her from way back. even last night when jenelle went back home it was time for Jace's bed time, her mom was doing it. Ok, you want to be the Mom, take the iniative. and her Mom doesn't trust her enough to "properly" take care of the baby even with the smallest of tasks, so then jenelle when she is in Mommy mode gets discouraged, they need some serious counseling and jenelle needs to calm it down and take some parenting classes.

Leah and Cody-I was crying with them.

Chelsea-you know, the biggest theme I have seen in these shows, girls who will put up with -also Gary of Amber and Gary-with crap so they won't be alone, no self esteem what so ever. Chelsea-yes Adam it's ok that you said you would sign away rights to "that mistake", but I still want to be with you. GOOD GRACIOUS, honestly, I would hate to see when that kid grows up and sees that, you know she wn't be with Adam anymore, but that kid will be like you loved him more then you loved me cause you let him back in our lives after he said that about me.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #30
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsontrio View Post

my opinion is that she should be respected for her role as mother to the grandchild. She seems like a nice girl and it bothers me to hear jo speak to her so disrespectfully. Notice how the parents never say anything to him when he disses her? I didn't note the dad speaking disrespectfully to her, but that would make sense as jo learned it somewhere. If the parents don't want to see her forging a relationship with someone else, they need to counsel their son to put his big boy pants on and become a partner to the mother of his child. They sure can verbalize their expectations of kailyn but i don't hear them verbalizing what they expect jo to do. How about asking him to man up? They treat him like he is the second coming and her like she is yesterday's paper.
ita!!!!!!!!!!
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: