Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #556
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great Pirate Night update! We always WATCH from the upper deck and leave right after the fireworks.

We have never seen the line dancing and

I didn't even know they showed THAT movie after the party!

WHAT?????? That is the BEST part of the cruise! Just- seriously- bring a sweatshirt or/and a blankie! It is INCREDIBLE!!! A totally magical event.

Hm, maybe I should take a few more cruises this summer!

Well that sounds like a good plan!

And thank you so much, Nenner1, for posting that clip of the dancing! It was really entertaining!
Oh, yes, Nenner, thank-you so much...can't wait for the rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
I couldn't agree with you more about the cool weather, though I'll tell you with the gentle breeze I could feel myself just wanting to dose off a couple times over and over. haha. The thing I couldn't believe was that there was still more food from the party! We were stuffed from dinner as it was and when I went over to the tables to see the offerings my stomach was like "I don't think so!"

I can't believe you made it through the whole show! I started to fall asleep about 12:30sih I think and the lawn chairs started to really kill my back. THAT is where I wish I had a blanket!

Great update! Looking forward to the next one! @.@
Hi Jonathan! Yes, I did make it to the end, I was VERY determined (along with my buddy there in the photo) and I was VERY tired, and VERY cold and getting colder the more tired I became. It is why I was so quiet (for me) at the brunch the next morning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
Great update! And your right, Pods shouldn't give up his day job to be a photographer... Looks like you had a blast though!!! I can't wait to watch POTC on the huge screen in the middle of the ocean on the Dream! I'll try to remember a blankie though.

The blankie is KEY...and I'll pass on your advice to Pods!

This is our last big trip for quite a while as when we get back we are going to buy a house and another vehicle and some other things. Plus, I think in 2012, DH is taking me somewhere awesome and I'm not allowed to know anything about it. We are going to be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and my 30th birthday that year, so he's planning the get away... I'm thinking he might be planning Ireland.

Can't wait for more!
well, that's all very exciting!! i bet when you get your new house, you won't even WANT to go on vacation- it will FEEL like vacation for awhile- that's how we were when we renovated our home way back when. And Ireland- sounds wonderful! I have never been- I HAVE gone to Scotland , though, and I loved it there- but I have MANY friends who adore Ireland- I hope that's your surprise...when will you find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
nenner1 - I LOVED the video. Thank you!!!

Pretty cool dancers we have there.
Cool is not exactly the word i would use to describe what I was doing, but ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Ellen,

LOVE the pirate night photos and info. And a shout out to Jen: how priceless getting the footage of Ellen and Savannah dancing the night away! Hope and I missed the whole thing as it was a bad night for her, and little Miss Skye went to bed early as she was all tuckered out from Nachi. So only my diehard husband was up there to see the fireworks and watch part of the deck show. The girls just came downstairs a minute ago (no school as it was an ice storm last night here) and I showed them Jen's video. Their reaction was "MOMMY WE MISSED IT NOW WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!" Well....okay by me! We're going as a family again this August on the Dream and meeting up with Pudo's family. And even sooner, Steve and I are doing a 3 day cruise in May w/o the kiddos to celebrate my birthday -- rumor has it that POC4 will be released during our cruise. So I plan on bringing my blankie and settling down in one of those non comfy lounge chairs for some serious Johnny Depp watching!!!!

Beth
Hi Beth! I think EVERYONE is tired on Wednesday, so I can't blame your girls for wanting to sleep! We had a delayed opening this morning for T&T because of the ice, and Sean has off. UGH. We sure are having a precipitation filled winter!!

How AWESOME if you see POTC4 on your cruise this May!! What a great birthday present! And I love that you are all going away together again in August- so fun!! I am so envious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I have no idea which update I last commented on... But I loved them all! The cruise very much seems to be about relaxing and having fun and you seem to really be very good at this.

And I think you do a very good job looking as cool as the towel animal!!
Hi Magdalena! I'm happy you are enjoying the cruise! Hope you get to try it yourself someday!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #557
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Really Ellen? Strangers? Name one time you've ever met a stranger.

O M G...... look at it this way, at least you're pretty.....
HEY!! Just what are you trying to say???

Did Ally go back to school today? Sean is home for a snow day (or really an ICE day) and the other 2 had a delayed opening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I need a dunce cap smiley. It kind of makes sense but when do you actually put money down? And how do I find out when/where 2013/2014 cruise dates are? I need a tutorial.

You put the money down on the cruise- it is totally refundable. I think we put down $394 or something like that, we rebooked in the same catagory cabin. It gets charged to your account. And the dates are not out yet- they still haven't released anything past the first part of 2012. Right now there is a TON of speculation on where these ships are going to be- I'm hoping for NYC to Canada or Bermuda....

Sounds amazing. I am always cold so I would need a parka!

Dang, firewalled from work but can't wait to see it!
Oh, you're in for a BIG treat...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #558
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
[COLOR="blue"]I really hope we do!!

Don't you have the same camera as me? Mine is a Canon Rebel xsi.
No...mine is a Canon Powershot S3IS. It was a step below the Rebel...back in oh....2007 when we bought it. It actually is a decent camera but it is not a DSLR and the more I learn about photography (going along with my new scrapbooking obsession) the more I see the limitations it has. It's got a decent zoom, but it cannot handle low light at all and is only a 6.1 MP... you can see the difference in sharpness and clarity when up against some of your pics or Judy's or Joanie's. On the plus side it is easier to carry around (not as easy as a P&S but...) In my dreamland I would love the Canon 7D or 60D but I'd take a Rebel any day of the week!

Quote:
OMG, when I read that I was ! I have the BEST story to go with that "never use your cell phone for keeping time on the ship."

A few years ago, we went on a 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on Norwegian Dawn in NYC. We were with a group of 10 adults, and on the first night we were all meeting for dinner at 8:00 at the Italian Restaurant. So, it had been a day that started with us all in a limousine and champagne, followed by more drinks and more drinks, a little nap and then meeting for dinner. Pods & I sat down out side of the restaurant at 8pm to wait for everyone. Did I want a drink? Sure-so Pods & I have a martini at the martini bar right outside of the restaurant. We were STARVING, and we couldn't understand where everyone was! Especially because our friends that we came with are very anal, and ALWAYS EARLY. But we figured maybe they had lost track of time, so we just waited. SO we had ANOTHER martini...OMG, we were sooooooo hungry, and we were sooooooo wasted! Well, we finish the second drink, and we were just so confused as to where our friends were- when they all came walking out of the restaurant. They were like, "Where were YOU???" We were right HERE- waiting for you! Well...we were going by the time on our cell phones- which had changed to maritime time, even though the ship had NOT changed....so our 8:00 was really 9:00- we were an hour LATE for dinner, and now it was really after 10 pm- we went back into the dining room, and they brought us out some really AWFUL pasta for dinner, because it was all they had left....OMG, we were a MESS!!! Too many drinks all day without enough food, it was DISASTROUS!!

So yea- I'm pretty sure I'll never use my cell phone to tell time on the ship AGAIN, LOL!!!
Oh wow...hilarious!!! or...not..... or..yeah!

Quote:
As long as you don't wake us up everyday screaming at your Daddy, you are welcome to tag along!
Well...not sure I can promise that!

Quote:
Yea- I wish I had paid more attention to that- but Pods HATES TO SHOP sooooooooooooooooooooo much, that his whining and complaining about it begins as soon as we walk in the store- so I'm sure I was stressed and just wanted to get out asap.
LOL, I hear ya!

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]As we got back on the ship, we noticed a LOT of people were hanging out on their balcomies, both on the Magic and on the Norwegian Dawn (HEY! That's the ship Pods & I had our unfortunate time-travel experience on!! If you don't know what I'm talking about, go back and read my lengthy reply to Nenner1 about why I'll never use a cell phone to tell time aboard a ship again as long as I live! Anyway....after I had showered and gotten pirate-a-fied, I went out onto my balcony to watch us sailaway from Cozumel.
Bwahaha!

Too funny how the Dawn was stalking you like that (it was in Cayman too!) reminding you of the error of your timekeeping ways. Imagine...just imagine if somehow you had missed the ship that evening and there, looming above the empty dock where the Magic had been was the Dawn, taunting you! Wow.

Quote:
Well, I was out there alone (Pods was showering) and the very friendly passengers on the Dawn started yelling to me. How nice of them to keep me company....I was so lonely!! "How's the ship? Do you like Disney? Where are you going next? WOOHOOOOOO!" You know- the typical conversation you have between balconies of opposite ships.
That was funny! Ron was out on ours (like Pods, I was the one getting ready) and he was yelling to some see, so there I was in a towel peeking around the curtain trying to watch. Eventually when we got "far enough" away I came out to look, but then I realized we weren't really all that far away and that they probably could see me in my towel toga. Good thing those are big enough towels...

Quote:
Next we were off to dinner- tonight we were dining in Animator's again! Here is the bread, cuban rolls with the spread (is it pigeon peas?)
Oh man that was really, really good!!! :drool:

Quote:
Gabor, the Head Server, was still helping out our table on this night-
Ok....we did NOT share the same head server. We had Godwin, not Gabor. OK. It has been too long since the cruise. LOL. Sorry for implying your completely different serving team was slowing ours up....

Quote:
Our appetizers came out in a decent amount of time. Tyler had The Buccaneer’s Sun Ripened Pineapple
Fresh Island Pineapple with a Coconut covered Banana and Orange Glaze
That coconut banana is the best thing.in.the.world! Love it!!

Quote:
And i had Blackbeard’s Jumbo Crab Cake
With a fruit Salsa and Honey-Lime Tropical Coleslaw
I think that crab cake is Ron's favorite food on a cruise ship, evar.

Quote:
And Tyler announced he was full, and going back to Edge. Pods & I were also full, so we skipped dessert, too (I know, I'm SO SORRY!!!! I am especially regretting this right now because I wish I would have tried Pirates of the Caribbean's Sweet Temptations
A trio of Shiver-me-Timbers white chocolate cheesecake , rum barbossa, walk the triple layered chocolate gangplank cake....

.....But I did not. But Timmy is THERE for you guys! Please try to control your excitement.... He had....

Vanilla Ice cream with Sprinkles.
LMAO, you crack me up!!!!

Quote:
We are the WORST!!! Just in case you need another shot of vanilla ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth...

And now, for your viewing pleasure, I give you Pirate Pods. ARGHHHHHH!

OMG...that pic just cracks me up!!
Awesome!!!! Needs a nice big frame! LOL!

Quote:
The limbo contest started, and those servers were soooooo into it!! Lucky us, we had the perfect seats at table 75! Too bad we don't know any of these people, but maybe YOU do!!
Yeah you did have the perfect seats, thanks for inviting me over!!! Although they seemed to stop the limbo really quick this time, didn't they? On past cruises the kids got around and under the limbo stick multiple times, this time they never made it through even once.

Quote:
As soon as Tim finished his ice cream, 45 minutes later (Timmy is the world's SLOWEST eater), he, too, announced he was going back to Edge.

WHAT???? What about the Pirate Party?? The dancing?? The pilaging?? The plundering?? The fireworks??

MICKEY MOUSE?????????????????????????

He says, "Yea...um, uh...I don't think so."
Yeah Brendan would have preferred just going to the Edge himself. They are growing up too fast I tell ya!

Quote:
Ok, so back to the room for a minute before (although I have no idea WHY...maybe a pit stop?) and we were happy to meet THIS guy- my favorite towel animal of the week-

I decided to try to be just like him....

But I don't think i can pull it off.
Oh yeah...you did! Full of win!!!

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]So up to Deck 9 we went, once again, just me & Pods, no kids. I swear- one day, I'll have Grandchildren, and I will be bringing them on the Disney Cruise when they are FIVE, put them down for a loooooong nap, and wake them up for DANCIN' WITH GRANNY at the PIRATE PARTY!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!!
Mmm....not sure if I should tell you this but when I was uploading the video yesterday Sarah saw it and pointed at you and said "Mee Maw! Piwates life for me!" Mee maw, is of course her grandma. I thought that was awesome, I guess in a dark video you could pass as my mom, you have similar builds and you are both blondes. She's a bit older. LOL. But it was so stinking cute to hear Sarah say that! (And anytime she sees anything pirate she says the whole phrase "Piwates life for me", sometimes with the yo ho's!!!

Quote:
But, lucky us, we ran into some Nenner1 family as soon as we got there!!Looks like I might have a dancin'pertner after all! You know...after the plundering and pilaging part..
Ah, such a bummer I missed it-back in the room with a passed out Sarah. If we'd have had the stroller...again....we'd have been there with ya. And I probably should have just drug her up there half sleeping or not.

Quote:
Yippee Skippee, It's dancin time!!!

Back to the dancin'!!! My girlfriend, Savannah, the ROCKSTAR dancer said she would dance with me!!!!YAY!!! I'm not alone!!! But I still stink at line dancing!! Pods took some "pictures"-

Well, at least Savannah looks cute! And not to worry- even though Pods failed at recording our big dance moment for all time, rumor has it that where Pods failed, Ron...did NOT! Oh boy.....
You were awesome!!! When Ron came back to the room that night, the first thing out of his mouth was "You've gotta see this!" and he showed me the movies. So funny!

It was great, you could have been up onstage leading those dances!!!! But methinks...you've done this sometime before!

Quote:
Eventually, sometime around 1, i think, the movie ended and I hurried to bed.
Wow, so cool, we have not ever been able to stay awake for the movie. In fact I have still not ever seen the ending of POTC since I fell asleep when we were watching it at home. (Notorious for that). your movie buddy, too funny. Were you two the only ones who made it all the way through? Sorry you didn't get the hot towels this time..what a nice touch that was!

Quote:
OMG!!!!! MAKE IT STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Umm...yeah...you made it stop. LOL.

Never fear, I'll update the link shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
BTW i think Pods and I went to the same camera class when we are on the ship at least.. HMM maybe its the SHIP.. ya thats its... cant be the shots and "water" we have LOL
LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Ellen,

LOVE the pirate night photos and info. And a shout out to Jen: how priceless getting the footage of Ellen and Savannah dancing the night away!
Hi Beth!!! Actually Ron took the video cause like you , I was back in the room.. with Sarah.

Quote:
Hope and I missed the whole thing as it was a bad night for her, and little Miss Skye went to bed early as she was all tuckered out from Nachi.
Poor Hope, she was having a rough go of it, I remember we weren't sure if you would be able to make it out to Nachi that day due to her asthma!

Quote:
So only my diehard husband was up there to see the fireworks and watch part of the deck show. The girls just came downstairs a minute ago (no school as it was an ice storm last night here) and I showed them Jen's video. Their reaction was "MOMMY WE MISSED IT NOW WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!" Well....okay by me!
Ha ha! That'll work!

Quote:
We're going as a family again this August on the Dream and meeting up with Pudo's family.
Wow, that will be fantastic!! Jealous!!!

Quote:
And even sooner, Steve and I are doing a 3 day cruise in May w/o the kiddos to celebrate my birthday -- rumor has it that POC4 will be released during our cruise. So I plan on bringing my blankie and settling down in one of those non comfy lounge chairs for some serious Johnny Depp watching!!!!

Beth
Yeah totally green eyed monster jealous! I am so excited for the Dream, I've been pricing out quickie cruises here and there but they are a little pricey (the ones that aren't sold out... d'oh!) i don't know how I will make it to 2012....

Quote:
[COLOR="blue"]

Oh, you're in for a BIG treat...
I'm trying to update with a new link....it is taking fooooooreevvvverrr to upload!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #559
nenner1

OK the link is fixed, for those who missed it:

Aaannnddd...... a pic or few to go along with it!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 01-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #560
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Is Jen going to visit us in May???

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #561
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
I would love to!!! As long as the schedule allows!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #562
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We skipped the Pirate Party....both kids were wiped out and DH wasn't that interested. I didn't want to go alone, so I went to bed with everyone else.

I should have gone by myself! I could have danced with Savannah and Ellen! I could have seen Johnny Depp at sea! I missed it!

I'm going August 2012 no matter what. I plan to make a complete idiot out of myself dancing and have fun doing it!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #563
disneydevil
Earning My Ears

Loving the cruise...really trying to convince the hubby to take one. He get's sea sick, so I don't want to be living with a puker for 3 - 5 days. The kids are dying to go!!! Any good advice??

BTW....was very happy no school for the kids today. I wasn't going to send Hannah if they had a delayed open. I figured they would be spending the day on the bus.

Can't wait to hear more
disneydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #564
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
No...mine is a Canon Powershot S3IS. It was a step below the Rebel...back in oh....2007 when we bought it. It actually is a decent camera but it is not a DSLR and the more I learn about photography (going along with my new scrapbooking obsession) the more I see the limitations it has. It's got a decent zoom, but it cannot handle low light at all and is only a 6.1 MP... you can see the difference in sharpness and clarity when up against some of your pics or Judy's or Joanie's. On the plus side it is easier to carry around (not as easy as a P&S but...) In my dreamland I would love the Canon 7D or 60D but I'd take a Rebel any day of the week!

Everyone I know has the Tsi, and they all love it- mine is one step below that, xsi and I'm pretty happy! You can find some decent deals on the web, and usually get a big zoom lens at 50% off at the same time.

Oh wow...hilarious!!! or...not..... or..yeah!

Oh- it's definitely funny. All of our friends' friends thought we were idiots for the rest of the cruise, but I can live with it!

Well...not sure I can promise that!

LOL, I hear ya!

Bwahaha!

Too funny how the Dawn was stalking you like that (it was in Cayman too!) reminding you of the error of your timekeeping ways. Imagine...just imagine if somehow you had missed the ship that evening and there, looming above the empty dock where the Magic had been was the Dawn, taunting you! Wow.

Yes, I saw the loooooong line for the tender to get back on the Dawn in GC- we were soooooo glad we were getting back on the Magic, they seemed to be running the tenders more frequently.

That was funny! Ron was out on ours (like Pods, I was the one getting ready) and he was yelling to some see, so there I was in a towel peeking around the curtain trying to watch. Eventually when we got "far enough" away I came out to look, but then I realized we weren't really all that far away and that they probably could see me in my towel toga. Good thing those are big enough towels...

Good thing!! That's pretty funny!!

Oh man that was really, really good!!! :drool:

Ok....we did NOT share the same head server. We had Godwin, not Gabor. OK. It has been too long since the cruise. LOL. Sorry for implying your completely different serving team was slowing ours up....

I had no idea there was more than one head server in a dining room, but I guess there would have to be, DUH!

That coconut banana is the best thing.in.the.world! Love it!!

Now you're making me sad I didn't steal my kid's food!

I think that crab cake is Ron's favorite food on a cruise ship, evar.

It was good- but I wasn't gaga over it.

LMAO, you crack me up!!!!

Awesome!!!! Needs a nice big frame! LOL!

Yeah you did have the perfect seats, thanks for inviting me over!!! Although they seemed to stop the limbo really quick this time, didn't they? On past cruises the kids got around and under the limbo stick multiple times, this time they never made it through even once.

Yea- now that you mention it...

Yeah Brendan would have preferred just going to the Edge himself. They are growing up too fast I tell ya!

I HATE IT!!!

Oh yeah...you did! Full of win!!!

Thank-you!

Mmm....not sure if I should tell you this but when I was uploading the video yesterday Sarah saw it and pointed at you and said "Mee Maw! Piwates life for me!" Mee maw, is of course her grandma. I thought that was awesome, I guess in a dark video you could pass as my mom, you have similar builds and you are both blondes. She's a bit older. LOL. But it was so stinking cute to hear Sarah say that! (And anytime she sees anything pirate she says the whole phrase "Piwates life for me", sometimes with the yo ho's!!!

That's verrrrrry funny! No one's ever called me meemaw before...I think I have a little tear in my eye..... I love when she does the Piwates life thing- toooo stinkin cute!

Ah, such a bummer I missed it-back in the room with a passed out Sarah. If we'd have had the stroller...again....we'd have been there with ya. And I probably should have just drug her up there half sleeping or not.

Next time will be easier...

You were awesome!!! When Ron came back to the room that night, the first thing out of his mouth was "You've gotta see this!" and he showed me the movies. So funny!

I had forgotten about that song- the one we started to was that really easy one (that I have some hope of following) that goes, "To the left, to the left" etc. She was a very good sport, your Savannah- love her!

It was great, you could have been up onstage leading those dances!!!! But methinks...you've done this sometime before!

Maybe.... I used to be alot more shy about the whole thing, and then one day i realized that if I didn't get out there and participate, i was missing all the fun! When I get pulled from an audience to participate, randomly (and I do- I must send off some kind off signal that says, "PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!") I just try to make the most of it and lose myself- otherwise it's just too scary to have all those people looking at me! But nobody was looking at me at Pirate night- well, except for Ron and his vid! So I could just goof around....

Wow, so cool, we have not ever been able to stay awake for the movie. In fact I have still not ever seen the ending of POTC since I fell asleep when we were watching it at home. (Notorious for that). your movie buddy, too funny. Were you two the only ones who made it all the way through? Sorry you didn't get the hot towels this time..what a nice touch that was!

There was a small group of diehards left at the end...the number dwindles as the movie goes on....I was tired and cold, but I was soooo happy I saw the whole thing- it just feels so good watching that movie on that ship. The whole time that my movie buddy and i were like, "This is the BEST! This is the GREATEST!! Disney ROCKS!! But where's the HOT TOWELS?????"

Umm...yeah...you made it stop. LOL.

Never fear, I'll update the link shortly.
LMAO!!!
Oh yes- thanks for taking care of THAT...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #565
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Loved all the updates Ellen. Looks like so much fun was being had by you all.

Tequila shots, pirate parties and DANCING! Great video.

And I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your report and Nenner1's report at the same time. It's like tag team trip reporting.

Have a great day!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #566
podsnel

Quote:
OK the link is fixed, for those who missed it:

Aaannnddd...... a pic or few to go along with it!

Oh thanks so much for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
I don't know- I hope so!!

Quote:
I would love to!!! As long as the schedule allows!!!
We are there from May 13th to May 17th- Hope you will be able to say hi!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #567
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We skipped the Pirate Party....both kids were wiped out and DH wasn't that interested. I didn't want to go alone, so I went to bed with everyone else.

I should have gone by myself! I could have danced with Savannah and Ellen! I could have seen Johnny Depp at sea! I missed it!

Yes you could have!!!

I'm going August 2012 no matter what. I plan to make a complete idiot out of myself dancing and have fun doing it!
Very glad to hear it- make sure one of those other DISers takes video so we can all enjoy it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydevil View Post
Loving the cruise...really trying to convince the hubby to take one. He get's sea sick, so I don't want to be living with a puker for 3 - 5 days. The kids are dying to go!!! Any good advice??

BTW....was very happy no school for the kids today. I wasn't going to send Hannah if they had a delayed open. I figured they would be spending the day on the bus.

Can't wait to hear more
We don't get sea sick, but I know there are a LOT of great remedies out there- alot of people wear the patch, or sea bands around their wrists, and those things are excellent because they don't make you drowsy like Dramamine will. I also have heard (from a friend in town) that there is something she has gotten at the health food store (in town) that is miraculous. It's a great cruise, and honestly I see a LOT of people with the patch on or the bands, and they look fine, so good luck!

I was glad they cancelled school for them, too- they were getting out at 1, so by the time they got up there, they would have just turned around and come home. Sean wasn't too happy, though. He slept most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Loved all the updates Ellen. Looks like so much fun was being had by you all.

Tequila shots, pirate parties and DANCING! Great video.

And I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your report and Nenner1's report at the same time. It's like tag team trip reporting.

Have a great day!
Thanks Chris! It is like tag-team TReporting- I love reading along with hers! On my last cruise, everyone else who said they were doing a TR didn't- I was all alone! This is much more fun!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #568
podsnel

Brunch at Palo in the Private Room!!

It was Thursday morning...how does Thursday arrive sooooo quickly on the cruise and take forever to arrive when you are in a regular week at home? Anyway...we had the usual 6 am wakeup call- which I REALLY did not appreciate AT ALL this morning because of my previous Johnny Depp induced late night. But....this morning we had plans- we were having Palo brunch with two other couples from our DISmeet thread. So I really needed to rally (although, truthfully, I could have stayed in bed all day- my sinuses were a TRAIN wreck that morning, and I was nauseated etc because of them..ick. No doubt due to the weather that was on the way). So at 11 we headed up to Palo, and were greeted by a great surprise- some other DISers had managed to get reservations once they got onboard (and I believe most of them did not even do it the first day- I think they did it maybe even up until the day before) and Fastpaks and tjbaggott (I think) had managed to get the Private Dining Room for all of us! YAY THEM!!! Anyway, brunch was wonderful, and we all enjoyed getting to spend time together- even though, I personally, was not myself, I was busy having a sinus-induced-sleep-deprived-out-of-body-experience for most of it, so I have to apologize to anyone who was there if I seemed a little out-of-it.

Anyway, I took some photos, but not a whole lot (sorry). We all went on the tour of the offerings-

Isn't our server adorable?

We ordered pizzas for the whole table to share- I LOVED this, we got one of everything or almost everything, I think, and they were amazing. No pic, though (I KNOW!!! I was SOOOOO not myself!), but I did take a pic of my plate from the buffet-

Looks like I was in the mood for seafood! I also had to have the Stolen (now they offer two- a traditional and a Disney version- I went with the Disney one because I loved it sooooo much last time. As a matter of fact, this pic is from last time!)

Here is the grape blue cheese pizza, also from last time-

I make this at home, I love it, there is an excellent recipe on Food & Wine on the web, and it is always a HUGE hit!

For my main course, I ordered veal marsala (I think!)- it was incredible-

Pods had eggs benedict-

It was all soooo good, I wish I was on that ship RIGHT NOW because I would eat about 10x as much and take pics of everything!! UGH....

Our server graciously took our group's photo-

Fastpaks & Amy-

It was a great brunch, I am so grateful to the DISers who got it together at the last minute, and so grateful to Disney for making it happen for so many couples who couldn't get online ressies prior to cruising.

When brunch was over, I decided to head to the DVC presentation...not that I was going to buy more points, I just needed to hear what they had to offer, I guess! I am soooo glad I did though, because the gift I got just for attending totally made the whole thing worth while. Remember this photo I loved in our cabin?

Well THAT's what everyone got just for showing up- minus the frame. LOVE IT!!! It's one of the best Disney Cruise souvies EVAAARRRRRRR!!!!

Up next...tut tut it looks like rain, and OMG!!! Wherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's the room service?????

Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #569
bfosbenner
Cherishing each visit

I am watching the Dream cchristening ceremony live on facebook!!!!!
bfosbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #570
podsnel

I watched it too!! Now I want to go NJ week 2012- maybe the 4 nighter?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: