Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Tybalt
Mouseketeer

Question Are Fast Passes available during extra magic hours?

I am trying to plan out which park to go to on each day of my vacation, and I am wondering: Does Disney offer Fast Passes during extra magic hours? Are the parks significantly less crowded then?

I am trying to figure out whether it would be better to go to a less crowded park or to take advantage of the extra magic hours. (I have read that parks are less crowded on the day after they have had extra magic hours.)
Tybalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

This has just been my experience -

The parks are usually less crowded during am emh, but somewhat crowded during the pm ehm.

I like to go to the park with am emh till lunchtime and then park hop or go back to the resort for pooltime.

Sometimes fastpasses are made available during pm emh and sometimes they are not. I've asked cm's about that when they are not and they don't say much more than sometimes they have them, and sometimes they don't.

I don't remember about am emh, we've never had long waits during that time anyway.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
AppleSister1
DIS Veteran

Agree with chloelovesdisney...in our experience, am emh parks have been fairly empty for the emh hour and maybe the hour after that. We do the am emh for a few hours in the morning and then hop out to another park or to lunch or to rest. (This is obviously a better strategy if you have park hoppers.) Then onto another park for the evening. We haven't done pm emh.

In our experience, yes! Fast passes are available for am emh. That's what makes it so great. Whatever your top three attractions are, generally, we've found we can do them multiple times. For example, in MK, we head to Space Mountain, grab an FP first, then ride it in the standby line (which at that point is a walk on line.) Sometimes we do it again right away, other times we skip on over to Buzz, or Peter Pan, do that, and usually by then you can grab another FP. We've accomplished what we want in Tommorrowland usually by regular park opening (or soon thereafter) so we head to HM and POC after that...or BTM, Splash. You get the picture.

It's a strategy that's worked well for us...and this is the week between Christmas and New Years!
1982 - WDW, Off site * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 - DL, Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - CSR * 2000 - YC* 2001 - DL, Grand Californian * 2002 - YC * 2003 - YC * 2004 - BC Concierge * 2006 - YC * 2008 - YC * Jan 2010 - WL * May 2010-Poly * Dec 2010 - CSR *April 2011 - AKL CL * Sept 2011 - YC * Dec 2011 - YC * May 2012 - YC * July 2012 - Aulani * Dec 2012 - POFQ * April 2013 - POFQ * June 2014- Contemporary * October '14 Boardwalk
AppleSister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

AM EMH-FP
During AM EMH many (most) of the "biggie" attractions should have their FP distribution open.

And, if you get a FP very early in the AM EMH,
the earliest "return time" can often
be within the EMH period.

Which attractions?

Expect to find the FP Distribution open on:
Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari (DAK)
Soarin', Test Track, Mission:SPACE (Epcot)
Space Mtn., Peter Pan, Pooh, Buzz (MK)
Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock'n'RollerCoaster (DHS)

PM EMH-FP
FP's issued during the regular hours are timed so that those guests who have them can ride during regular hours.
(No FP's would be issued during the day that would have a Return Time during PM EMH.)

So, if the regular hours FP's "run out" during the day, when PM EMH begins...
that means that there would "suddenly" be 3 additional hours of time in which they COULD issue new EMH FastPasses.

WILL that happen?

Depends on the crowd situation.

They DO offer FP during PM EMH...

BUT... not for EVERY one of the PM EMHs and not on every attraction that's open.

Whether any given attraction will have FP during a PM EMH totally depends on those who manage the rides for that PM EMH.

It can change with each PM EMH or during the EMH, with no advance notice, so it does no real good, for the purposes of prediction, to say if they DID or DID NOT on any previous PM EMH.

IF the FP machines are operating during PM EMH, they "start again" at the beginning of the EMH.

If you had a "left-over" FP from earlier in that same day, and they where operating the FP queue, the CMs would likely honor it.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emh, extra magic hours, fast pass, fast passes, rides

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: