Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #511
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

Ah no fair - half way thru the dinner report and you leave us

I love pirate night menu - so tasty

looking forward to see what you got for dessert

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #512
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

As I mentioned it before ....... that's the way I like it ........... an update before I go to bed and ........... hopefully one, when I get up!

Thanks Ellen! Great review of Pirate Night. I really love the fun of it, even though we missed the Animator's Palate transformation because of Pirate Night during our first cruise.

Hope you went up on deck to watch the fireworks - my favourite part of the evening, closely followed by the Pirate buffet, now that I have discovered it!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #513
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Martinis and Naughty Mud Love? I have to take a Disney Cruise. You have to help me plan it Do you use points or pay cash or can you do some of each? With 5 of us our stateroom options would be limited and super spendy I am guessing? Realistically it wouldn't be 2013 or 2014 but it appears from what little I have seen is that they book rather quickly.

I have to take a Disney Cruise! Our friends from here (Utah) are leaving for one next Sunday- Mexico I believe.

Back to reading......

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #514
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

OOH that crabcake looked sooo good !!!!!! Loved the boys headgear!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #515
rentayenta

So Michael, my DH just asked what I was doing and I told him reading the best trip report ever but for a Disney Cruise. He said: and so it begins.

You and your family look amazing on fancy schamncy night. Love the dress, love the tuxes, fabulous!

Old 01-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #516
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Pirate Night Cont'd

Sorry about that! Ok...back to dinner...

Out came the dessert menu-

And Tyler announced he was full, and going back to Edge. Pods & I were also full, so we skipped dessert, too (I know, I'm SO SORRY!!!! I am especially regretting this right now because I wish I would have tried Pirates of the Caribbean's Sweet Temptations
A trio of Shiver-me-Timbers white chocolate cheesecake , rum barbossa, walk the triple layered chocolate gangplank cake....

.....But I did not. But Timmy is THERE for you guys! Please try to control your excitement.... He had....

Vanilla Ice cream with Sprinkles.

We are the WORST!!! Just in case you need another shot of vanilla ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth...

And now, for your viewing pleasure, I give you Pirate Pods. ARGHHHHHH!

OMG...that pic just cracks me up!!

The limbo contest started, and those servers were soooooo into it!! Lucky us, we had the perfect seats at table 75! Too bad we don't know any of these people, but maybe YOU do!!

As soon as Tim finished his ice cream, 45 minutes later (Timmy is the world's SLOWEST eater), he, too, announced he was going back to Edge.

WHAT???? What about the Pirate Party?? The dancing?? The pilaging?? The plundering?? The fireworks??

MICKEY MOUSE?????????????????????????

He says, "Yea...um, uh...I don't think so."

Don't worry- we still wanted to be pirates (well, at least I did. Pods just kept saying, "But I don't WANNA be a pirate!")

Aaahhh, Seinfeld. Funniest show ever, the lines never get tired.

Ok, so back to the room for a minute before (although I have no idea WHY...maybe a pit stop?) and we were happy to meet THIS guy- my favorite towel animal of the week-

He just has so much personality, doesn't he?

I decided to try to be just like him....

But I don't think i can pull it off.

Up next...time to line dance by myself with all the strangers...or will I actually KNOW someone this time? OOOhhhh, the suspense must be KILLING you!!

Last edited by podsnel; 01-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.
podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #517
rentayenta

I am caught up baybee!

I love the idea of spending the day in port at an AI resort vs doing a ton if sightseeing but I am a lazy girl who likes to explore the beach, bar, and pool.

The food looks truly delicious and for DH who is a major foodie, this will be an important selling point fa sho!

What are FE gifts?

How long was your cruise? It seems like you got a good mix of relaxation and party time aside from the kid bellowing in the cabin near yours.

That pineapple looks amazing. I am a hooker for a decent piece of grilled/baked pineapple.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #518
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Up next...time to line dance by myself with all the strangers...or will I actually KNOW someone this time? OOOhhhh, the suspense must be KILLING you!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I won't spoil.....but man oh man my fingers are hoverin' ready to jump over at photobucket....

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #519
manntra
DIS Veteran

Ooooh a dancing Ellen moment again!!! Can't wait!!
Dinner looked like a blast and tasty too!
I LOVE your pictures of the other cruise ships at night.....the colors on them and the sky are just brilliant! Very postcard like Even though they ARE "other" cruise ships they look cool
You must be getting so excited to leave this snow and stupid weather behind!

Tracy
Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #520
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinjojo View Post
Ah no fair - half way thru the dinner report and you leave us

I love pirate night menu - so tasty

looking forward to see what you got for dessert
Sorry to leave ya hangin...but look! Timmy gave you vanilla with sprinkles!! Weren't you THRILLED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
As I mentioned it before ....... that's the way I like it ........... an update before I go to bed and ........... hopefully one, when I get up!

Well, I am trying my best to stick to the Austrian clock, but , as you may have read, I'm not so good with time changes...

Thanks Ellen! Great review of Pirate Night. I really love the fun of it, even though we missed the Animator's Palate transformation because of Pirate Night during our first cruise.

That's another one of the benefits of a 7 night- you get 2 nights (at least) in each restaurant- the show night, and then one of the "special" nights. I never realized that if you were in AP for a "special" night, you would miss one of the shows on the Bahamas cruises.

Hope you went up on deck to watch the fireworks - my favourite part of the evening, closely followed by the Pirate buffet, now that I have discovered it!
Well, just because I can't find dessert doesn't mean I can't find the fireworks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Martinis and Naughty Mud Love? I have to take a Disney Cruise. You have to help me plan it Do you use points or pay cash or can you do some of each? With 5 of us our stateroom options would be limited and super spendy I am guessing? Realistically it wouldn't be 2013 or 2014 but it appears from what little I have seen is that they book rather quickly.

Oh you soooooo have to take a Disney Cruise, and i will be soooo happy to help you with whatever you need! This time we paid cash, because when you rebook onboard, you get a break on the deposit AND they take 10% off....but the first time, we used points- for Pods & I, and then paid cash for T&T, so yes, you can mix it up- you just have to book the whole thing through DVC MS. We have booked again, on board on cash, but with a dummy date, because we can't cruise again until 2013 probably. BUT....if we had wanted to rebook onboard using points, we would have paid the cash deposit, and then they give you like 3 or 4 days to call DVC and then you get the discount on the points, too. . Some book fast, others not...it really depends on when you're going. And soon there will be 4 ships instead of just 2...so that's going to be a BIG change.

I have to take a Disney Cruise! Our friends from here (Utah) are leaving for one next Sunday- Mexico I believe.

I would love that cruise- a few days at DL, and a Mexican cruise on the Wonder...WOOHOO!!!

Back to reading......
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
OOH that crabcake looked sooo good !!!!!! Loved the boys headgear!!!!
Hi Rosie! It was a good crabcake- my dinner was very yummy, though! I really hope you get to do a cruise one day!!
podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #521
trish.
Mouseketeer

The Mahi Mahi looked so good!

I love the idea of Pirate Night - so fun. Are most people dressed up?

PS - I really love the dancing banana.
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #522
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yumm-O your dinner looks delicious, even without dessert! So funny Timmy went for the pizza and fries, and the vanilla ice cream!!! I love the marathon dessert time!

You are quite the sexy pirate wench! Pods is looking almost like he's trying out for Sons of Anarchy! Which is good. On pirate night.

Heading for Vegas tomorrow - don't have too much fun without me!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #523
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the update and sticking to my routine! ......... so, can I expect an update before I go to bed?

I really like your pirate update! You are a very good looking bandana family! ..... and it looks like you had a lot of fun.
You should have tried the pirate dessert sampler ...... guess who ordered it on their cruise?

No, they don't change the colours of the restaurant during pirates night at Animator's Palete on the 3 and 4 night cruises. We had dinner at Palo on our AP night and the next one was the pirates night and we never got to see the restaurant change from black and white to colour.
So last time we were determined to see it and guess what - we had Palo booked on AP night!!
But we did get to see it in the end.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #524
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Love your pirate pics with the hooks. And just have to mention, waiter carrying the little girl - Cute! I mean just him not him carrying the girl. Well that's cute too but well you know what I mean.
ortholablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #525
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Oooo, Margaritaville looks great! Obviously the kids were having a good time! The pic pods took of you guys looks like something I've seen before from my family members! They are notorious for cutting heads off, but I have to say, DH is good at taking pics to NOT do that. Love the pirate scarves! Pirate night dinner looked like fun! I can't wait to read about the pirate party! Oh, and DD said Timmy's ice cream looked good to her! She's not one to go outside the box though.

Christmas was AMAZING!!! Telling MIL about the cruise was the best gift we gave or got this year. She retires at the end of the month and was kinda bummed out about life, but this has made her happy and given her something to look forward to and plan. Now we just have to wait such a long time until we go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: