Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #976
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That is what the bar is for!
It is amazing that it seems obvious but I had to alert a whole boat load of people to get their feet on the bar if they wanted to keep their shoes dry.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #977
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone just checking in instead of lurking !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #978
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hi TK,

I was going to say something too, as your post struck me. Glad you feel safe to share here; I can safely say, most of us are happy to bear your grief with you, even if it's just as small a thing as listening. No, you should never apologize for sharing your heart. I just did this morning to a group of 40 women, and they were genuinely thankful and edified that I had laid it all out there- the deep grief of leaving and change, and on-going transition. The way you go through this will certainly bless others!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh Hon, yes, compassion is there but as a writer, if something actually touches another, no greater compliment.
Thank you both very much.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #979
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I finally just read your update - so far behind, as usual! The Nightastic fireworks sound AMAZING. I wonder if they will do something similar this summer.

Sorry to hear about getting stuck on Splash for 30 stinkin' minutes! Ugh! Aside from that, sounds like a great evening and that everyone had a wonderful time!

How are plans for Germany shaping up?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #980
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
It is amazing that it seems obvious but I had to alert a whole boat load of people to get their feet on the bar if they wanted to keep their shoes dry.
sadly, that's not surprising but how nice of you to think to tell them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hello everyone just checking in instead of lurking !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Thank you both very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I finally just read your update - so far behind, as usual! The Nightastic fireworks sound AMAZING. I wonder if they will do something similar this summer.

Sorry to hear about getting stuck on Splash for 30 stinkin' minutes! Ugh! Aside from that, sounds like a great evening and that everyone had a wonderful time!

How are plans for Germany shaping up?
I hope they do something similar, they were truly amazing. It was a great evening!

Plans, what little I made, worked out quite well in Germany. I will post pics and do a mini TR but the bulk of the short trip was just visiting with family. Still, a great time and a beautiful goddaughter if I do say so myself!

Though I confess, having been long out of the world of babies and toddlers, I am happy to have my bed back and not be tied to nap schedules, stranger anxiety, melt downs and the "will they go to sleep or not" drama. There were a LOT of people in one house, suffice to say I'm a bit wiped out.

I did consider packing my 2 nephews in my suitcase though.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #981
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

A WONDERful idea!

I'm back!

A bit wiped out after a rather horrendous time trying to get home last night during a snowstorm but back and semi on the right time zone. My neck may take a few more days to recover from the too small pillow and hard as a rock futon but other than that I think I'll be right as rain by tomorrow am.

I had a wonderful time, mostly spent just hanging with the family, with a tiny amount of sightseeing thrown in and of course my DISmeet with Magdalene. It was fun to just "live" there for 4 days, a very different way to visit and just lovely.

I'll do a mini TR soon but need to download, organize and then upload some photos and get some that others took...a CD is supposed to come home with my parents next week.

In the meantime I am going to move onto our move to the YC and phase 2 of our trip but first, have some news!

After a good two weeks of debate...to DVC or not...we have elected to hold off, for now.

I was THIS close to an Aulani contract which for us, makes sense for a lot of reasons. But, at the end of the day I couldn't get past the price tag versus resale and didn't think the incentives were enough to get me there. What I want in resale hasn't popped up yet and may not for a while (2057 OKW). At the end of the day we didn't see using any points until 2/12 and so buying now, while really tempting, seemed to tie up funds that could be spent on other things without keeping us from a later purchase.

A variety of events conspired to plant a seed that had been there (some of you may remember a ticker for a trip that never happened, but would have next month) and that seed, surprisingly took root in a big way for both Jeff and I and became...welll

Check this out.

Donald Duck's Alaskan Adventure

We are going! Booked in the cheapest verandah stateroom possible. Which isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination but we have timed it to get the lower summer rates, were we going 2 weeks earlier an oceanview would be the same price as our balcony.

As you all have picked up I imagine, that balcony is a pretty big deal to us.

It is going to be a surprise for the boys so you'll all have to help me plan how to do it. It will be just the E's and us, also for a variety of reasons. We will have a full family trip in July to Whistler (assuming K&T go but not going to worry about that now) so they aren't going to be left out of vacation entirely.

In the meantime I'm having fun looking at all the excursions, some pretty amazing things!

If the incentive looks right, we may well do an Aulani contract on the cruise but we will see.

Up next. Hedging bets.

Last edited by eandesmom; 01-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #982
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Cynthia. Can't wait to hear all about it.

The Donald Duck adventure sounds awesome. My boss went on a cruise there many years ago with his entire family and they loved it.

When you are caught up, I've started my PTR (peer pressure from Tim and Marv).
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #983
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Welcome back!

It sounds like you made the right call on DVC.

That's awesome about the cruise.

You all will have a great time. I don't blame you on the balcony.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #984
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Wow, I'm so behind I didn't know DVC was on the table. I can understand taking your time on that decision. It's something I've considered as well, and I totally get what you mean about the incentives being right...it'll all fall into place when it's meant to.

Congrats on booking the cruise! That seems like it'll be a lot of fun, and I bet the boys will love it.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #985
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What exciting news! I've never been on any kind of cruise but have been hearing such rave reviews from Disney cruisers that I'm starting to think about it. Can't wait to hear more!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #986
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back - Wow - It doesn't even seem like you were gone all that long! But I haven't had quite as many emails in my inbox since you have been gone. Glad you had a great time and can't wait to hear about it and see your pics!

As far as the Alaskan cruise - that is totally, totally awesome. What a great summer vacation. I can only hope that one day I will be taking the same cruise.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #987
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I'm so excited for your trip!! That's great that you get a trip with the E's without any of drama that goes with older teens and sports.

My only memory of an Alaskan cruise that I took when I was 5 was when my 2 year old sister went missing for a few hours. My parents were completely FREAKED OUT! thinking she had gone overboard.

Turns out she was sitting warm and cozy in the Capt's Bridge eating cookies and milk.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #988
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Wow, an Alaskan cruise is going to be wonderful!
I hope you're doing a ptr

Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #989
manntra
DIS Veteran

The cruise looks wonderful....I really would like to go on another cruise....seems like everyone around me is cruising!!!

Happy you had a wunderbar time in Germany Can't wait to hear all about it

And we are almost to double digits......just sayin'

Tracy
Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #990
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Ooh! A cruise, a cruise!!!! I am SO excited for you!!! We are planning on a Disney cruise this year as well. As part of my Accredited Cruise Counselor certification, I need to go on two more by the end of '12. OH DARN! Twist my arm! We will probably not do the Alaskan yet, unless we find a great deal on airfare because it is usually very expensive to fly from STL to the Northwest. It'll most likely be Bahamas on the new Dream, or Caribbean this fall. Have you visited the cruise boards yet?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: