Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #436
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Does Pods ever say, "Enough with the photos already"? I hope not because we LOVE you sharing your trips/life with us.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #437
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i'll see what I can do

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #438
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

awesome TR!!

I'm curious to know about the screaming kid..

I didn't realize that you can hear..but there was a couple times my boys were crying I thought nobody could hear lol..
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #439
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Does Pods ever say, "Enough with the photos already"? I hope not because we LOVE you sharing your trips/life with us.
Occasionally- not too much. He used to, but he realized he just made life worse for himself when he opened his pie-hole about the pictures, so now he just rolls his eyes. Really, he says he's just really thankful for digital!! I used to use film, ya know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i'll see what I can do
Laura, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
awesome TR!!

I'm curious to know about the screaming kid..

I didn't realize that you can hear..but there was a couple times my boys were crying I thought nobody could hear lol..
Hey- it's the Disney Cruise. Kids mostly laugh, but sometimes they cry. I'm pretty sure we're all ok with that- it's when they cry at 6 am EVERY FREAKIN DAY OF VACATION for 20 minutes while the parents do next to nothing...THAT'S the problem. I mean, they couldn't get this kid up and out to the pool deck for her tantrum? Even once? It's not like they hadn't heard it before- it wasn't a surprise every day at 6 am unless they have some SERIOUS memory issues! Please don't feel bad if you're boys cried a few times- that's not anything unusual!

And thanks for reading and saying you like it!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #440
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

love the site, will remember that for next time. We did Paradise and had the trampoline and iceberg... kids loved the trampoline but they couldnt go up the iceberg, heck I couldnt climb the damn iceberg even if Leonardo Decaprio was waiting for me at the top and I was Rose waiting to get my necklace back LOL

Maybe your boys will be able to climb it being they will be bigger and more fit then me LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #441
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Its so odd that we were all on the same trip, even in the same spots, and had a total different experiences. Nachi was a very interesting place. I think I either asked you or Jen if you all were even there cause we were on AAAAAAAAAAALLLL the way on the other side. Then the one time that everyone did come together, I was in the sky... go figure!

Did you all try any other food than the nachos?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #442
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

it's when they cry at 6 am EVERY FREAKIN DAY OF VACATION for 20 minutes while the parents do next to nothing...THAT'S the problem. [/QUOTE]

but then
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #443
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
That really is a shame- I hope he can get to a place where he realizes life is better without her. My cousin's husband had a similar situation with his ex wife- she moved to Ohio to be with a MARRIED man she met on the internet, got pregnant by him, he stayed married and then she tried to take her kids with her to Ohio. Most of the kids (they had 6) were older and got wind of the fact that she was going to take them all to Ohio, and they took off the night she was planning to take them- the two younger ones weren't as lucky. But he (my cousin-in-law) actually FINALLY got full custody. The kids hated their mom- and then, she died. And when she did- they didn't even care. It was so, so sad, I felt so bad for all of them when this was going on.

We usually split up because that's the only way for the other boys to do golf or the water parks (things my oldest wouldn't do), this was the first time we split to save some $ and give Pods some down time. It worked well! He was a happy camper!

And hey! Sometimes sippin Tequila is good! I can promise you it works no matter how you drink it!

Well, I like pretty much everything- so Tyler gets that from me. Not that Pods is really fussy, either. But they all eat fish- we had it twice last week.

F&W usually starts at the very beginning of October and ends the beginning of November. It used to start the End of September, but last year it went back to the old schedule and ran through sometime in November (the 8th, maybe?). You will be fine in the middle of October.

ANd speaking of BWV....I found out this morning Disney passed on our contract!! We close 1/20 on 100 BWV Points!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:w oohoo:

So excited for you, Ellen! Just think of all the extra days you can have with those 100 pts!

Your Cozumel day looks fabulous!!!! I would love to go back to Cozumel and stay for a week at the beach!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #444
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice Beach! I love that all inclusive idea. Very smart. And the fact that they limit the people on the beach and you have your own waiter. Love that! Really wish I was there right now instead of waking up to this stinkin snow and an unplowed driveway.

OK - now I have to go outside to see if I can get the car out and go to work!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #445
podsnel

The King of the Forest

This morning the boys have a snow day- although the 6 or so inches we got is NOTHING compared to the 30" we got after Christmas (funny how everything is relative, huh?)....Anyway, look who is hanging out behind my house this morning...

Isn't he amazing? He's a four point buck- and he is all by himself. It's just like Bambi- all the does and fawns hang in groups- he's the stud, solitary and on his own every time I've ever seen him. I wonder how old he is? He is hanging out all snuggled in the snow like it's a blanket. What a great thing to see.... Too bad my fence is in the way!

Old 01-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #446
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Beautiful! I see deer all the time in the park I (sometimes) jog in but I have NEVER seen a male! Always moms and babies. He has such a big nose!!

I know, isn't it funny? I woke up this morning and the sun was out and, compared to our Christmastime snow, this sees like nothing! That said, I still haven't gone out to shovel yet....
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #447
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

that is very cool. But be grateful that you have the fench because he would eat all of your shrubs to nothing if he had a chance.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #448
svcutler
Mouseketeer

Ok I feel I should introduce myself for 2 reasons: 1. I feel like I'm stalking you since I've been reading your whole TR since this weekend, reading it to the DH and showing him your fantastic pics. Ps- you should know how awesome they look on a HD IPad! Zoom and all!

2. You are like my NJ WDW soul sister. I love your sense of humor and how you travel. In my family they call me The Sargent when we travel, especially to WDW.

The picture of that buck is amazing. We live on an acre and we call our backyard The Thicket because it's wooded and full of deer who are now burrowed in about 3 fet of snow since last nights' 20 additional inches, but we have NEVER seen a buck like that. Way cool!

Anyway, lovin your TR and waiting to read the rest! Thanks for keeping me laughing!

Sandy
svcutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #449
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
This morning the boys have a snow day- although the 6 or so inches we got is NOTHING compared to the 30" we got after Christmas (funny how everything is relative, huh?)...Totally agree...this snow is beautiful but really not worth all the hype! Now if my kids would just GET UP!.Anyway, look who is hanging out behind my house this morning...

LOVE this picture, so cool!

Isn't he amazing? He's a four point buck- and he is all by himself. It's just like Bambi- all the does and fawns hang in groups- he's the stud, solitary and on his own every time I've ever seen him. I wonder how old he is? He is hanging out all snuggled in the snow like it's a blanket. What a great thing to see.... Too bad my fence is in the way!

Hope he comes and visits us, but he looks very comfy behind your house!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #450
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
love the site, will remember that for next time. We did Paradise and had the trampoline and iceberg... kids loved the trampoline but they couldnt go up the iceberg, heck I couldnt climb the damn iceberg even if Leonardo Decaprio was waiting for me at the top and I was Rose waiting to get my necklace back LOL

Maybe your boys will be able to climb it being they will be bigger and more fit then me LOL
I remember that they had trouble getting up that iceberg-that's what I kept telling them to try to turn them off to it, that it was REALLY hard...but they I think need to see for themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
Its so odd that we were all on the same trip, even in the same spots, and had a total different experiences. Nachi was a very interesting place. I think I either asked you or Jen if you all were even there cause we were on AAAAAAAAAAALLLL the way on the other side. Then the one time that everyone did come together, I was in the sky... go figure!

Did you all try any other food than the nachos?
I liked Nachi- I just wish they would have had that thing in the water for my kids to climb on, as they're a little past the sandcastle stage, umfortunately. Yes, we had a lot of food- I'll get to that next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
it's when they cry at 6 am EVERY FREAKIN DAY OF VACATION for 20 minutes while the parents do next to nothing...THAT'S the problem.
but then [/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
:w oohoo:

So excited for you, Ellen! Just think of all the extra days you can have with those 100 pts!

YEA BABY!!! Mostly I'm excited I'll have points to use to cruise occasionally without giving up a WDW vacation. ESPECIALLY if the cruise goes out of NYC to Bermuda....wouldn't THAT be nice!!

Your Cozumel day looks fabulous!!!! I would love to go back to Cozumel and stay for a week at the beach!
I like it there- the water is such a gorgeous color!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 01-12-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: