Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Wink Someday is sooner than you think...a March 2011 PTR

Hi everyone and to my PTR!! My name is Sheree and you can see from my signature that I've done a couple other TRs. We are heading back to our favorite place in March and I'd love to share my planning mania with you!!

Introductions -
Me - the mom, the planner, the obsessed. I truly love Disney and all that comes with it! I didn't develop my obsession until after my first trip to WDW in 1999. I have a fabulous DH, who is also a Disney fanatic! By day, I work as an attorney (judicial law clerk) and the rest of the time I feed my obsession! I also love to read, scrapbook, shop and of course, DIS!!

DH - the other obsessed one! He discovered last year that you can buy resale contracts to join Disney Vacation Club (DVC) and life hasn't been the same since! We are now the proud owners of a tiny contract at Vero Beach, which we used to get a studio at Animal Kingdom Villas for March 13 - 18, 2011! It will be our first DVC stay!! He works as a mailman and a merchandise vendor at concerts/Vikings games when he's not doing his DVC shopping research or deciding what our next car will be, or making dinner (he gets home first!!).

DD9 - Sarah - She likes to remind us that she is "almost 10 - double digits"!! Little does she know, she will be spending her 10th birthday at WDW and getting on a cruise on the new DISNEY DREAM!!! She loves to read, write stories, dance, play Epic Mickey (and other Wii games), and is one of the smartest kids around! She is my mini-me and looks just like I did as a child. Recently we were watching the Disney Christmas parade and she said something like, Oh, this is killing me, I want to go back! Yeah, we'll see what we can do!

DD7- Paige - My hidden Mickey spotter!! She finds them everywhere! She's in 2nd grade and loves to read too. But she's also a TV junkie!! She loves Belle and dance. If she's not watching TV, she always plays music in her room. Both girls discovered BTMRR on our last trip and she can't wait to ride it again. But she says she still wants to ride It's a Small World too! She still loves to snuggle, which I appreciate SOME of the time!!

So this is us.

Last summer, we took a trip to WDW at the end of July and then to Cocoa Beach with my SIL's family. While we had a blast (it was Blasted HOT!), we did not anticipate coming back so soon. The plan was to go to Europe this spring/summer.
I have a friend who is living in London for a few years and we were going to stay with them and also visit Paris (Disneyland Paris too!!). After doing some research, it appeared that such a trip would be painfully expensive.
Meanwhile, DH was researching DVC! We were able to secure the previously mentioned little contract in the fall. Then it became "when should we go back"???
I still wanted to go to Europe and then go to WDW in the fall during the kids' school break.
But the airfares weren't looking that good, and if I'm going to Europe, I want to do it right. I didn't want to sacrifice. So I thought having another year to save up a bit and hope the dollar got better would be a good idea.

We told the kids, we are canceling our spring break to Europe plans.
We told the kids, we don't know what we will do for spring break. We'll think of something.

We've been following the building of the Disney Dream. We saw reports and pictures on TV and online. During the Christmas parade, they had a little special segment about it.

We told the kids, someday we can go on it. It literally is a dream!
We told the kids, Disney is expensive, and we just went in summer. We're trying to save money to go to Europe.
We'll go back someday.

Little do they know...
SOMEDAY is in two months!!!!!
This is a COMPLETE surprise trip for them!!! So far, all they know is that we are going on a trip for spring break. We have thrown out a bunch of ideas of what we "might" do, all the while commenting on how expensive Disney is! Gullible little kids, they don't know any better, so as of right now, we "might" be going to the Wisconsin Dells, Virginia, Ft. Myers or Mount Rushmore for Spring Break!!

Sarah's birthday is March 9 and Paige's is March 24. So we are incorporating lots of special birthday surprises in this trip. More details as we go.

The basic plan is this:
Tuesday March 8 - after work/school, load up the car and drive and drive, and drive.
Wednesday March 9 - Sarah!! We are going to some more!!!
We hope to arrive at the Swan/Dolphin that evening (not sure which yet) and spend the night there - maybe watch some fireworks. I'm sure while we're there, they will think that is it and we're staying. Uh, nope, there's another surprise!

Thursday March 10 - Board the new Disney Dream for a 3 night cruise!
Sunday March 13 - Spend one night at Saratoga Springs
Monday March 14 - 18 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

I'll go over how we plan to spring the surprise on them, plus our day to day plans, excursions, parks and ADRs soon.

Thanks for joining me!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

YAY!! Am I first?
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
YAY!! Am I first?
Why, YES you are!!! (I was waiting to see who it would be!)
and Congratulations!!!

No, no prize. Just glory!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I take the glory!!

I can't wait to hear all about the Dream. We are planning to cruise in 2013 for our 15th anniversary and a certain big number birthday for me. I haven't decided which cruise to take - Caribbean or Bahamian. I'd like to do the Mediterranean one, but the airfare to get over there is a killer! I'm hoping we can cruise on the Dream.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I take the glory!!

I can't wait to hear all about the Dream. We are planning to cruise in 2013 for our 15th anniversary and a certain big number birthday for me. I haven't decided which cruise to take - Caribbean or Bahamian. I'd like to do the Mediterranean one, but the airfare to get over there is a killer! I'm hoping we can cruise on the Dream.
Here's some glory. Now all the others can you!!

Yeah, the Med cruise is on our list for another "someday" trip. Much further down the road! I'd love to take a Disney cruise into the Eastern Caribbean. We did western with Carnival. But, the Dream right now is only doing the Bahamian 3 and 4 night ones. I'd recommend the 4 night. That extra day is worth it!! I wish I was doing that this time, but I'm not going to be greedy. I wasn't even supposed to be doing this one at all!
I'll be having a bigger birthday in 2013 too. Probably bigger than yours! DH is having a really big one that year! Maybe we should start planning!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Yay, another March PTR!

You HAVE to do a trip report about your cruise! A TA friend linked a bunch of pics from the travel agent tour and it looks amazing. I cannot believe how long the water coaster is! We're considering a cruise for our 10th anniversary in fall 2012, and it will be either on the Dream or its sister ship the Fantasy. I can't wait to start reading TRs and reviews from people who have actually sailed on the Dream!

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Here!! I'm here!

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Yay, another March PTR!

You HAVE to do a trip report about your cruise! A TA friend linked a bunch of pics from the travel agent tour and it looks amazing. I cannot believe how long the water coaster is! We're considering a cruise for our 10th anniversary in fall 2012, and it will be either on the Dream or its sister ship the Fantasy. I can't wait to start reading TRs and reviews from people who have actually sailed on the Dream!

I definitely will do a TR!! I am hoping to hear more about the Dream from the first group of cruisers too. I saw a thread that had a ton of pictures and info on it from someone who went on that cruise for cast members and it looks so awesome!!! Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2630725
I'm just about jumping out of my skin with excitement!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Here!! I'm here!
HI Mindy!!! Glad you're here!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey there, hope you don't mind a new reader! We subscribe to alot of the same TRs so when I saw your post about your PTR on Wigd's TR I decided to join in.

We're going on the Dream in June, first ever cruise for us, and I'm ridiculously excited. I can't wait to hear about your trip!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! I made first page!!! Now to go back and read all about it!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hi everyone and to my PTR!! My name is Sheree and you can see from my signature that I've done a couple other TRs. We are heading back to our favorite place in March and I'd love to share my planning mania with you!!

Introductions -
Me - the mom, the planner, the obsessed. I truly love Disney and all that comes with it! I didn't develop my obsession until after my first trip to WDW in 1999. I have a fabulous DH, who is also a Disney fanatic! By day, I work as an attorney (judicial law clerk) and the rest of the time I feed my obsession! I also love to read, scrapbook, shop and of course, DIS!!

DH - the other obsessed one! He discovered last year that you can buy resale contracts to join Disney Vacation Club (DVC) and life hasn't been the same since! We are now the proud owners of a tiny contract at Vero Beach, which we used to get a studio at Animal Kingdom Villas for March 13 - 18, 2011! It will be our first DVC stay!! He works as a mailman and a merchandise vendor at concerts/Vikings games when he's not doing his DVC shopping research or deciding what our next car will be, or making dinner (he gets home first!!).

DD9 - Sarah - She likes to remind us that she is "almost 10 - double digits"!! Little does she know, she will be spending her 10th birthday at WDW and getting on a cruise on the new DISNEY DREAM!!! She loves to read, write stories, dance, play Epic Mickey (and other Wii games), and is one of the smartest kids around! She is my mini-me and looks just like I did as a child. Recently we were watching the Disney Christmas parade and she said something like, Oh, this is killing me, I want to go back! Yeah, we'll see what we can do!

DD7- Paige - My hidden Mickey spotter!! She finds them everywhere! She's in 2nd grade and loves to read too. But she's also a TV junkie!! She loves Belle and dance. If she's not watching TV, she always plays music in her room. Both girls discovered BTMRR on our last trip and she can't wait to ride it again. But she says she still wants to ride It's a Small World too! She still loves to snuggle, which I appreciate SOME of the time!!

So this is us.

Last summer, we took a trip to WDW at the end of July and then to Cocoa Beach with my SIL's family. While we had a blast (it was Blasted HOT!), we did not anticipate coming back so soon. The plan was to go to Europe this spring/summer.
I have a friend who is living in London for a few years and we were going to stay with them and also visit Paris (Disneyland Paris too!!). After doing some research, it appeared that such a trip would be painfully expensive.
Meanwhile, DH was researching DVC! We were able to secure the previously mentioned little contract in the fall. Then it became "when should we go back"???
I still wanted to go to Europe and then go to WDW in the fall during the kids' school break.
But the airfares weren't looking that good, and if I'm going to Europe, I want to do it right. I didn't want to sacrifice. So I thought having another year to save up a bit and hope the dollar got better would be a good idea.

We told the kids, we are canceling our spring break to Europe plans.
We told the kids, we don't know what we will do for spring break. We'll think of something.

We've been following the building of the Disney Dream. We saw reports and pictures on TV and online. During the Christmas parade, they had a little special segment about it.

We told the kids, someday we can go on it. It literally is a dream!
We told the kids, Disney is expensive, and we just went in summer. We're trying to save money to go to Europe.
We'll go back someday.

Little do they know...
SOMEDAY is in two months!!!!!
This is a COMPLETE surprise trip for them!!! So far, all they know is that we are going on a trip for spring break. We have thrown out a bunch of ideas of what we "might" do, all the while commenting on how expensive Disney is! Gullible little kids, they don't know any better, so as of right now, we "might" be going to the Wisconsin Dells, Virginia, Ft. Myers or Mount Rushmore for Spring Break!!

Sarah's birthday is March 9 and Paige's is March 24. So we are incorporating lots of special birthday surprises in this trip. More details as we go.

The basic plan is this:
Tuesday March 8 - after work/school, load up the car and drive and drive, and drive.
Wednesday March 9 - Sarah!! We are going to some more!!!
We hope to arrive at the Swan/Dolphin that evening (not sure which yet) and spend the night there - maybe watch some fireworks. I'm sure while we're there, they will think that is it and we're staying. Uh, nope, there's another surprise!

Thursday March 10 - Board the new Disney Dream for a 3 night cruise!
Sunday March 13 - Spend one night at Saratoga Springs
Monday March 14 - 18 - Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

I'll go over how we plan to spring the surprise on them, plus our day to day plans, excursions, parks and ADRs soon.

Thanks for joining me!!!
OMGosh!!! Sounds AMAZING Sheree!!! The girls are totally going to FLIP OUT!!!

Emily said yesterday on the walk home from school - "Mommy, I sure do miss that Sarah from Minneapolis! - do you think maybe I could write her a letter!" I said GO FOR IT so watch your mail box in the next few weeks!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your plans for the big reveal!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #12
drakes
DIS Veteran

I'm here !

I think I am most looking forward to the TR !
Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm Definitely In!! I love surprise trips!! WOOT WOOT!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm here Sheree! Will do my best to keep up!

We surprised ours last year for Spring Break. It was sooo much fun!!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I'M HERE!! Love your reports!! Wouldve been here sooner as I've been home ALL DAY with the boys (snow day) and our Internet was out!! No facebook and no Dis!
Soooooo... I spent the day making lists and packing!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: