Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
nibor
Earning My Ears

Red face GD Schedule 2011 disneyworld

Hello if not to much trouble what is the schedule for GD disneyworld 2011, It is our first time there during GD. We dont know were to look for one. Thankou for you time, God Bless and much love to all from a very cold Missouri
nibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Thur. - AK
Fri. - DHS
Sat. - MK
Sun. - EP
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
nibor
Earning My Ears

Talking

Thankyou, Is there anything may 28 29 30 31 or june 1st? thankyou from snowed in Missouri
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor View Post
Thankyou, Is there anything may 28 29 30 31 or june 1st? thankyou from snowed in Missouri
I have no idea. Hopefully someone else can help with that!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 01-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I would have to say you know your own kids best and if you think they are well informed about the gay life style, I would not worry about it.

We happend to visit WDW on the first ever Gay Day, I think back then it was just one day but we had no idea about it until arriveing at MK and seeing the billboard sign at the enterance. My youngest DS was 11 and the whole subject was not something commonly talked about like nowadays. So he had a few questions.

I still remember the shirts worn by the participants saying "A Day of Magic" A Night of Pleasure"

My DS did happened to see two girls kissing and got quite excited to say the least as it was a "first" for him

I have to say I had a momentary twing of panic when I did find out but it was fine, I think it all boils down to what you make of it and how your kids will react, had I known before hand I might have chosen different dates or had a talk with my DS beforehand but the way it happened we just winged it and had a good time.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #21
bdarling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
never seen anything inappropriate a GD's in 15yrs. I'm sure if you go looking for it you'll find it but common sense and decency seems to win out most times.
I am glad to hear this. I know my DD can handle the discussion, if she asks questions about same-sex PDA

I was researching and found this editorial and it made me wonder. Can't post the link since I'm a new user, but it was on the wdwinfo website - which is this website - and By Pete Werner, DIS Founder/Webmaster Maybe I am overreacting to that post, but it made me uncomforatble. After reading this thread, though, I think the article is more about the exception than the rule.

However, I had already decided to make a schedule that goes to non GD parks to avoid crowds. Sounds like I only have to avoid MK on Sat, which is a usual crowd recommendation anyway, iirc.

Last edited by bdarling; 01-10-2011 at 01:18 PM.
bdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
nibor
Earning My Ears

WE ARE GAY, DID NOT MEAN TO UPSET ANYONE...SORRY
Old 01-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor View Post
You didn't upset anyone!

Pete's editorial is just that - an editorial. One person's opinion.

I would imagine things are more, um, interesting, at the host hotel, after hours parties, offsite bars, etc.

We are straight. We went to Gay Days for the first time in 2010 and it was FAR more tame than our local PRIDE parade. Nothing inappropriate AT ALL. It was fine. DS14 thought it was fabulous. He knows lots of gay and lesbian couples and he has met a lot of gay teens at school this year, so it is not the sort of event that would make him uncomfortable or generate awkward questions.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Dont believe everything you read on a message board.

Go experience it yourself!

I can tell you....the vibe at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday morning is like nothing else on this earth! It is a very very special day!

Are there parties at certain hotels? Sure. Dont like it...dont go......
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Yup, can't wait. I'm dragging everyone out of bed very early that morning to be at Crystal Palace for breakfast. They aren't thrilled with me now (and probably will be less so at 6am on June4th, but they'll get over it.

We are not a morning people.

I agree with Mike. We last were there for GD15 years ago and there was a great vibe. I can't imagine how much more energy will there this year.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
bdarling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You're not upsetting me! I know my uncomfortableness from what I read in the editorial is my issue, not yours! That's why I was looking for info from those who have been there - so I can get over myself and enjoy my trip with all who chose to attend that weekend.
bdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #27
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarling View Post
I know my uncomfortableness from what I read in the editorial is my issue.
Just re-read the editorial, and once again, I disagree with about 95% of what is in it.....
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Like JKG hubby and I are a straight couple and we are really looking forward to GD 2011 I've 'met' some really great people on this part of the forums and I can't wait meet those same people and others when we are actually there in person.

I really don't care your sexual orientation; a good person is just that -- a good person. I'll wager you will see a LOT more PDA on grad nights then you will necessarily see at gay days.

Common sense prevails and just because one is gay does not mean that common sense is out the window; there will be plenty of families looking to enjoy WDW for what it is --- this is Disneyworld; not a night club/private pool party. Appropriate actions at the appropriate locations. I don't care who you are make out sessions aren't for WDW and I don't expect to see any more than I would normally.

Another thing to keep in mind, while the first week of June may be Gay Days and you'll see a lot of red shirts, etc making the community and those who support seem more visible --- every day there are gay, lesbian, you name it families at WDW enjoying the parks.

There's nothing to worry over and there's nothing to avoid other than crowds itself. Like some of the others have posted, we won't be at every event but we definitely will be at MK and our trip just might need to be extended a day; if that's the case we'll probably go to the Epcot day.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #29
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G'sMama View Post
Yup, can't wait. I'm dragging everyone out of bed very early that morning to be at Crystal Palace for breakfast. They aren't thrilled with me now (and probably will be less so at 6am on June4th, but they'll get over it.
We'll see you at CP! We've never eaten there so I am looking forward to the brekkie We'll be the couple half asleep at our table still stuck on west coast time
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #30
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
We'll see you at CP! We've never eaten there so I am looking forward to the brekkie We'll be the couple half asleep at our table still stuck on west coast time
We've had lunch at dinner at CP but never breakfast.

We'll be the family of four also 1/2 asleep. We'll also be stuck on West Coast time (even though we live in the same time zone as Disney)

The night before is the night we're celebrating our anniversary while the kids are in a kids club which makes it even more special 'cause I'm guessing we won't settle down 'til 1 or so. Which is fine except for the getting up early the next morning part.

I'll make sure I have the diet pepsi ready for me and DP.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: